New52 Superman

I've finished Morrison's Action Comics run in the new52. Now I'm wondering if it's worth continuing reading New52 Supes, Action Comics and Superman, or is it really as bad/mediocre as everyone says?

Pak was solid

I enjoyed all of it Superman, Action Comics, Batman/Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman except for the H'el story arc. And the final battle was especially awesome. It's only a few years worth of stories, you can eat through it pretty quickly. You might as well read it all.

Morrison was the only person that did anything even worth mentioning with New 52 Superman.

Unchained is pretty much the only other worthwhile New 52 Superman run. People say Pak's Action run, but it's so frequently railroaded by crossovers and status quo shifts that it's hard to recommend, not even getting into the fact that Pak tended to write Clark like a dour emo kid.

This is the impression I've gotten from Sup Forums. I'm really enjoying Superman's Rebirth titles so far, so I thought I'd go back and check out the New52 stuff. But I'm on the fence really.

I've heard that Supergirl was for the most part better, and consistently better than the Superman titles.

DC kills him for made... his rebirth.. and return to the pre-flashpoint world and rules, with another superman with lois.. Maybe you read enough..

I read all(except Truth) and I hate DC for rebirth because the character never coming back again... I liked the version and he should disappear. It's disappointing

I like Paktion more than morrison.

Gene Luen Yang Mythbrawl was fun too.

Read Paktion, Snyder's Unchained and Johns' Men of Tomorrow.

pak was good before the crossover hell

>tfw no superman earth one vol 4

If you're still here user I'd suggest just reading superman and action comics. I ignored most of the crossovers and besides a few confusing jumps out really wasn't that hard to follow. Also i feel you actually get to see a good character progression through these titles from cocky kid to genuine hero whereas him in crossovers kinda screw with that.

Ignore these superbro fucktards. Morrisons run and then Snyder's superman unchained. THEN focus on batman/superman stuff where they first meet each other before Justice League and hang out with their Earth 2 counterparts.

Paks run is fun but honestly gets derailed a lot. Just skip to Action and Superman's last issues focusing on his death. You could focus on the Doomsday storyline a bit if you want tho? It was kinda interesting.

How's life on CBR adkrito? Sacred Knight and his bitter echo chamber in the SS/WW thread still shedding unmanly tears while Diana resumes her life with Steve?

Check out the Pak stuff. Don't touch the Superman title though. Just stick with Action Comics.

Big nope.

I feel like this would be really weird continuity-wise.

nice niceniceNICE

If you get through the boring mid run of Action Comics and Superman, the last dozen or so issues of both are really good

Although I don't agree with everything you said I do have to agree that Batman/Superman stuff was god tier and definitely is a must read

Just read Pak's. Literally, him and Morrison's run are the only ones worth reading.

Op here, got back from reading Supergirl vol 1. Bought it on comixology's Supergirl sale.

It was actually really good.