Oh wow, this [S] sucked. I hated the art, but I think I'm mostly just pissed about how useless Karkat continues to be...

Oh wow, this [S] sucked. I hated the art, but I think I'm mostly just pissed about how useless Karkat continues to be. He didn't even get to exchange a single blow with Gamzee. Seriously, what the fuck was even the point of the whole ancestor story/troll jesus forshadowing in Act 5? I guess there wasn't any point.

Also, PM stabbing Dave just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe I have the wrong idea about the character, but that felt a bit weird to me, even with her trying to protect Jade.

it's too early for this

For a Homestuck thread, or bitching about Homestuck? Or both?

dude it's a subversion XD

it's badly written shlock on purpose bro :)

Do people claim this? Has Hussie said this?

he's said it all the time

"Thank... y..ou... J..oey."

user.

Karkat only exists for shipping shit and being an addon for Dave and Jade.
Should have went with Vriska if you want a good troll character.

I don't play favorites user. I like them all, I want them all to be good characters.

It's a way for that hack to deflect genuine and true criticism without looking like he isn't a dumb writer towards his fanbase.
I'm not saying subversion is bad or anything, but moderation and good implementation is needed for any story. Hussie liked to do it in his past work, but now it's just DUDE SUBVERSION = DEEP

>Also, PM stabbing Dave just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe I have the wrong idea about the character, but that felt a bit weird to me, even with her trying to protect Jade.
That was my biggest concern as well. PM got hyped up since the beginning of the whole comic only to be portrayed as a mindless dog at her prime moment.
That's not nice. It really isn't.

I'm assuming you're reading your way through the story and just got to this point. If so you'll get to the ending soon enough.

This said... there was definitely, absolutely a time when it made sense to root for Karkat. There was a time when he had potential, where he had mystery and significance and where you could see that all of the enigmas surrounding him were building to something huge and interesting.

But long before the part you're citing? Hussie had lost all interest in any of that. Karkat is actually never relevant to the plot again after the end of Act 5. Arguably the last time he does anything relevant is when he shooshes Gamzee into submission. It's obvious that Hussie at one time had more in mind for him, but never got around to it.

So if you're looking forward to there being some sort of catharsis at the end of Karkat's suffering? Let it go. There's no light at the end of that tunnel.

I don't think I've ever seen such a hyped up character get the ball dropped so hard on him. It would be funny if I didn't like Karkat. Is this how Nepanons feel?

what happened to jasprosesprite, davepetasprite, feferi (who didn't even get a 'ghost waking up' thing with the others, if i recall), aradia, sollux, and most importantly fedorafreak, and vriska too i guess, why was it necessary to turn the green sun into a black hole and therefore do even more damage than LE ever actually did, when do the kids fight lord english and get trapped, what happens to the kids after that, why did the condesce throw planets around like juggling balls pre-retcon but only try to choke the kids post-retcon, why did lord english job so hard, how did meenah and tavros not just immediately fucking die to him like karkat did, why did lord english not just shatter the place like he's been doing, why did lord english let vriska anywhere near him with the juju, why is juju such a dumb name, why is gamzee literally immortal, why is PM an asshole now, what happened to the horrorterrors, why do cherubs exist, who made the trolls' universe and are they even worse original donuts than cherubs, why was karkat so fucking useless, why did jade have to be alone for three years, why were there two nannasprites post-rectal when there was only one of each of the other characters because the duplicates fucking died, why were the last flashes actually youtube videos, why were the last flashes made by everybody but hussie, why is dave only implied to be gay with karkat, why are the alpha session's rings so fucking special, does every void session get special rings, what is a normal session like, can anybody just fuck up a godtier clock's pendulum and make somebody unconditionally immortal, how many sessions do you get out of a universe, when does the ride end and how high DO you even have to be?

i think that covers most of my questions

why was aranea the only troll to never resurface

>who made the trolls' universe and are they even worse original donuts than cherubs

Hussie offhandedly alluded that it was Squiddles in a 48-player Sburb session.

Just wanted to get home, man

So how much of the epilogue do you guys think Hussie is going to draw?

I wouldn't be surprised if Cohen is writing it, a rando deviantartist is drawing it, and he bullied Tensei into doing the OST

Post OC

None.

Also post your epilogue predictions:

>Davekat Marriage (This is Karkat's greatest moment)
>Terezi finds Vriska and they hug and kiss each other and Hussie confirms Scourgecest
>they also come back
>the Caliborn battle is a subversion and John just gives him and his clown the middle finger and teleports away
>they celebrate John's 21th Birthday
>everyone is happy
>John commits suicide later that night

So what do you think of the credits? I did a great job- er, sorry, HUSSIE did a great job of writing it, right?

There was barely anything to even write.

NEGATIVE SPACE
E
G
A
T
|
V
E

SPACE

>One of the other characters says something stupid that pisses people off
>The masterpiece is played straight with no subversion at all
>LE prepares to do something that'll kill the kids and himself or some shit like that
>John teleports everyone back to Earth while he sacrifices himself so LE can't escape or some shit
>All of the kids cry over John's death even though all but 3 of them haven't given a fuck about him in years
>Right before the final flash ends there will be a small breeze of air that flies past the screen that hints that John possibly survived

home is not just a place in a map
its where you come back to
to friends and family
to shelter and confort
He lost his home long ago
and he cannot come back to something that doesn't exist anymore

Actual prediction, we skip right ahead to the last moments when the Juju activates, everyone gets stuck in/on the other of the black hole. John no longer has retcon powers, and the Epilogue is them trying to escape.

The epilogue will be Hussie in full John cosplay livestreaming his suicide

Joke prediction: Karkat is going to be important

neat

HAVE YOU LEARNED FUCKING NOTHING.

>Not putting the word "Homestuck" in the OP

Good job, fucko.

I been thinking
Remember that animu OC that caliborn made
The one with wings, glasses and the eye scar
What if John ends up becoming that?
>the protagonist becomes the villain ultimate form
>the villain purpose was the most noble after all
>Caliborn becomes John's Kamina
>His hammer is the Hammer thats smashes through heaven

the ring brought her ghost to life, so when she died it was a double-death

Aradia...no...

but the comic has said that only lord english can inflict double death

also meenah and vriska's conversation about meeting her again gave me hope

>Vriska
>Good

Pick one

The last flashes were youtube videos because Cascade broke the internet and Hussie would rather not do that twice.

It never said that only he can do that

Don't forget:

>What was it that Mituna literally went retarded to stop from destroying his friends?

>Where did Caliborn get the golden staff and Cairo Overcoat from? Why did he change to a peg leg?

>Why was Kurloz hinted to be so important, but ended up doing nothing?

>Why did Bec Noir get to live while Spades Slick died?

>Why was it hinted that Kurloz mind controlled Mituna, and for what purpose?

>What happened to Ms. Paint and The Felt?

>Why do Cherubs exist?

What do you mean? They're just another alien species.

>The epilogue is another clip show
>John recruits all the kids, leaves the trolls behind
>teary rose leaving kanaya to watch the grubs moment
>they join terezi at the green black hole thing
>they watch like 7 more nepetas fall in before doing anything
>when they jump in, the claymation from masterpiece is just reused
>the alpha kids escape back to universe c
>fast forward to vriska's delicious tits revealing the juju
>the beta kids come out and fight LE in like 4ish clips
>he falls over and everyone who was left behind follows the beta kids into finding universe c somehow despite the entrance bring destroyed
>fast forward to john's 21st birthday
>he's alone again
>walks downstairs and sits on the couch
>everyone jumps out from hiding and throws him a surprise party
>John starts to cry tears of joy
>and then hussie appears and kills everyone
>laughs maniacally and makes random corpses kiss
>the end

>What was it that Mituna literally went retarded to stop from destroying his friends?
It was implied to be Kurloz, wasn't it?
>Why was Kurloz hinted to be so important, but ended up doing nothing?
Because Hussie's a shitty writer.
>Why did Bec Noir get to live while Spades Slick died?
Because of Ultimate Selves most likely.

It said he was the only witness, but that just begs the question of what Kurloz was doing that was so bad that Mituna had to go full retard to stop it. Not to mention Kurloz seems perfectly fine, aside from cutting out his own tongue.

>kills everyone
>implying Hussie won't just murder alpha Karkat, laughs and teleports away

I really wish Gamzee didn't just become a joke character.

We never even got to hear out of his own mouth why he left his friends. I mean, WE know why, but it'd be nice to see him say it.

I dunno, I felt like there was lost potential here.

>I dunno, I felt like there was lost potential here.
Homestuck.

Is alpha karkat an oxymoron now?

>now

Karkat's never been an alpha.

Why did Karkat become an indentured servant?

Act 7 may have been a letdown, but I'll never get tired of pic related.

LE and Caliborn were too good for this shit webcomic

English is a cool character with a great design, no amount of underutilization can change that.

True that.

I was hoping we'd somehow see Caliborn and Doc Scratch interact.

We never really found out where those Cue Balls came from, did we?

>, so when she died it was a double-death

Thats not how that works...

I guess Rainbow Clockwork Magycks + eyeballs = billiard balls for... whatever reason.

There was a ghost, that ghost became a living thing, that living thing was obliterated. Double death. We see something similar with LE killing ghosts.

No, no, the CUE BALLS. The white ones. The ones that Lil Cal was combined with to make Doc Scratch. We never really get an origin with them.

>that living thing was obliterated

Uh no. She came back to life with the ring just like how Jane revives people.

Although it wasn't clear I think PM went to stab Bec Noir but Noir's target was Dave. The result was her stabbing Dave the same time Noir did.

Or at least that's what I tell myself. PM just straight up murdering Dave strikes me as really shitty.

yes it did
a single sentence, but it did

No, her ghost was the new living thing, like a dream self. That's why the ghost puts on the ring, and the revived self is then standing there in the dream bubble. All revivals revive the body, not give form to the spirit.

She gets a new ghost

Seems unlikely since she didn't appear again.

Nor did any of her other ghosts though

is karkat still shit?

Yep.

>Icels and Cohen are dating
Please tell me this isn't true, dear fucking god.

What makes you think that?

>shelby's style is indistinguishable from Steven Universe now
Doesn't she feel ashamed or uncreative for ripping something off so directly and blatantly?

Heard it on the Homestuck discord server.

prepare your anuses for a davekat sex scene in the epilogue if Cohen is writing it then.

>Starts dating a fujoshit immediately after declaring himself "bisexual"
What did he mean by this?

From who?

The style is the one and only reason I ain't touching this shit.

Wasn't the whole point of jesus was him dying for your sins? Like Karkat's ancestor

Why did karkat need to live according to Enchi?

She can't draw for shit

The style is the least of its problems, really

She fundamentally doesn't understand the strengths and weaknesses of the MSPA-type form

She loads it up with filler panels showing every other frame of a character's slight movement, so it takes fucking forever for anything to happen

Similarly she splits conversations up page by page all the time, but whereas Hussie generally did that with purpose she just cuts things off at random after no more than a few lines

There's a good concept somewhere in there but she's just failing to capitalize on it

its like they took the faint tumblr scent from SU and distilled it into a pure webcomic essence while leaving out any cool fantasy concepts or likeable characters

Well for starters he

she's not just 'loading it up with filler panels', she's literally creating a storyboard for a show that no one will ever animate. that's why she programmed arrow key navigation into the site (a clever idea to help smooth out a really strange design choice)

>that's why she programmed arrow key navigation into the site (a clever idea to help smooth out a really strange design choice)
I actually wasn't aware of that.

Still, I just don't think her use of the format is working

>when they jump in, the claymation from masterpiece is just reused
bet hussie's glad he used fake vines instead of the real and now dying service

if he died too early he wouldn't be able to be nearly as useless as he is

>25$helby
>having shame
>let alone any self awareness
good one

they're the pendulums of god tier clocks

Rebecca Sugar should sue.

webdev here, programming arrow key navigation takes 5 minutes, the only reason mspaintadventures doesn't have it is for longer page stays, which make ads go for more $$$

or maybe hussie being a moron

MSPA still uses tags, I don't know how good Hussie is at web development.

How much are ads even for on mspa?

>MSPA still uses tags
If it aint broke

I just turned off my adblock just for you to check:

The Project Wonderful ads (of which there are two) are each going for $16.20 each it looks like?

There's also one Google AdSense banner, no idea on what it's going for.

they are the swingy thingy on the god tier clocks

to be jade's cumdump.

>Hussie pitches Homestuck to CN with the premise that it's "like Steven Universe"

But Jade is a girl!

With a femenine penis

I love how these people are deluded enough to think that Davekat is the timeless and important romance that Homestuck was building towards.

Yeah that was rosemary apparently