Wanda is the Wonder Woman of Marvel!!

Spread the word! Only you can stop the Carol cancer

Other urls found in this thread:

xhamster.com/movies/3963293/elizabeth_olsen_oldboy.html
xhamster.com/movies/983858/elizabeth_olsen_martha_marcy_may_marlene.html
xhamster.com/movies/3228537/elisabeth_olsen_dakota_fanning_very_good_girls.html
xhamster.com/movies/3047092/elizabeth_olsen_secret.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The more you resist the more you make it inevitable.

Neither character will ever be Wonder Woman lmao.

Favorite Outfit?

I am a fan of...
>> 10, 14, 17, 18, 20, 24, 25 & 27

RIP

- xhamster.com/movies/3963293/elizabeth_olsen_oldboy.html
- xhamster.com/movies/983858/elizabeth_olsen_martha_marcy_may_marlene.html
- xhamster.com/movies/3228537/elisabeth_olsen_dakota_fanning_very_good_girls.html
- xhamster.com/movies/3047092/elizabeth_olsen_secret.html

Her tities was emphasized on that scene

Cool

WANDA WOMAN!

I'm a Carolfag so I would rather have another character in her situation right now. I don't want it to be Wanda though. I'm also a Wandafag

Yeah that Uncanny Avengers run had some really underrated outfits for Her & Quicksilver especially.
At least The Vision's awesomeness stuck.

I think the silly old style costumes work for the character, but the only ones I think look good are this and 23 from Movie outfits are also fine.

Take 24, make the inner pants black & give her the headress from 25 and this would be perfect.

Never got the love for 23 DESU. Generic IMO.

Don't like 25?

It's elegant, modern, and is identifiable as the character. Plus it's a full dress, which very few heroines can get away with because it wouldn't be practical for more physical characters. It reinforces her as not the sort of hero that does acrobatics, which is actually pretty unique.

>age of ultron comes out
>endless Wanda threads for weeks

>now
>no more wandas

QUESTION!
Olsen is awesome no question and I am glad we got her, but had she not been cast, who would you have picked to play Wanda in the MCU?

17, 20 or Ultimates when Hitch drew it

Bring back wanda

It's not like anyone wants to discuss her shitty book. And her previous arcs have been retconned into ongoing clusterfucks that everyone would rather never mention ever again. Which basically leaves that one time she led Force Works.

Kaya Scodelario

What's 26 from? She is majestic like a parakeet.

Eva Green

Ultimate Comics - X-Men I think.

She looks so cute in that cap.

Caroline dhavernas

Thanks

Alexis Bledel

Ashley Greene
Wanda is easy to cast

Its the men that's hard since not enough Aryan looking actors

Hollowood is full of jews

Bendis created a huge mess with "no such thing as Chaos Magic" which messed up her continuity.

Olivia Wilde.
Salty as fuck she probably won't be Domino.

It's not just Bendis. Pretty much every writer goes out of their way to fuck her over somehow. I think Busiek might have been the last one that didn't, and his run was close to 20 years ago.

Which means I bought my first comic book close to 20 years ago. Avengers v3 #5.

> Busiek gives a definition of her powers and lore that makes sense, and sets up a hugely interesting dynamic with Chthon.

> Later writers ignore Busiek, thinking they can do better and end up fucking up. High Evolutionary, who has no real thematic tie to Wanda, is oddly pushed over Chthon.

4 (Chthon sure knows alot about lady fashion)
18 (great outline)
20 (love the hood and tone)

>Wanda is the Wonder Woman of Marvel!!

Wonder Woman doesn't have crippling mental problems, has never committed genocide, and her parentage is several orders of magnitude more believable than Wanda's.

Pietro is hardly an Aryan.

Wanda having normal parents in the MCU is the right way to have gone.

Keep it simple, stupid is always good advice.

Yay, a Scarlet Witch thr-

>immediately infested with moviefags

Fuck my fucking life

All writers who like Wanda are middle-aged men who read Avengers in the '70s when she and Vision were Marvel's soapiest couple (before the X-Men relaunch anyway).

Kurt Busiek, Mark Waid, James Robinson are all from that age group. So is Joss Whedon, which explains why he was so determined to get Scarlet Witch and Vision in the MCU despite the rights issues.

I like her, but she can't get ahead in comics because of her fucked up backstory and the lack of interest from post-Bendis writers and probably above all, the odd rights situation where Fox has the option to use her (but isn't using her).

She was famously left out of a lot of the Captain America: Civil War promotional material because of the rights issue, so even if the movies have resolved it the comics have no real incentive to promote her.

Anyway, Wanda's more of a team character than a solo star anyway. So is Vision for that matter. Maybe they'll get another VIsion & the Scarlet Witch limited series again someday.

>Anyway, Wanda's more of a team character than a solo star anyway. So is Vision for that matter. Maybe they'll get another VIsion & the Scarlet Witch limited series again someday.

Meanwhile, Vision and Scarlet Witch are two of the best comics Marvel put out this year.

Also, George Pérez has such a Wanda fetish that he once drew a cover that was just Wanda chained to a wall, which Marvel rejected. "Wandage," it was called.

Pérez loves Wanda almost as much as Busiek loves captions.

>All writers who like Wanda are middle-aged men who read Avengers in the '70s when she and Vision were Marvel's soapiest couple (before the X-Men relaunch anyway).

So is Dan Abnett. But hey, good comics with Wanda is the only way to get new readers to like her.

Honestly, the Magneto retcon in the mid-80s was a big mistake for the character. Not only did it make her early appearances super-creepy (with her supposed father wanting to fuck her) but it also folded Wanda and Pietro into the X-Men sphere and got them stuck in an endless "I AM NOT EVIL EVEN THOUGH MY FATHER IS MUTANT HITLER" cycle which was really hard to break.

Retcons a shit, almost always.

James Robinson said Marvel comics had no interest in cashing in on Wanda being in the MCU and he had to point it out to them.

Let that sink in...
The same people who were so craven they cynically wheeled out Civil War 2 Precognitive Boogaloo, had no interest in pushing Wanda.

I still think this is the definitive Pérez Scarlet Witch page.

Though I don't know why the writer (Jim Shooter) didn't put any dialogue over the drawing of Hank Pym. Maybe he was just like "whatever, it's Hank Pym, we don't need to hear from him."

She's Abnet's fave Avenger.

yes, which is why he wrote the first solo title she ever had and made her the team leader of Force Works, the Avengers West Coast spin-off. Abnett really luvs Wanda.

The Magneto retcon provided some decent Quicksilver stories though. It only becomes a problem when writers don't know anything else about them. Unfortunately Brian Bendis is the type of writer who can only remember two or three things about any given character.

The real problem with Wanda is that she was absent from nearly all comics for what turned out to be a definitive period in modern Marvel. A lot of the famous storylines that influenced the MCU were done between around 2005 and 2011 (Brubaker's Cap, Civil War and many others) and she wasn't in any of them, she was just an offscreen presence as "crazy chick who destroyed the Avengers and the mutants." She has no real history with most characters post-2005.

This doesn't surprise me. As far as Marvel's concerned she's a Fox character who accidentally found her way into the MCU. They won't give her 1% more promotion than they need to, which explains why her book is handled by the X-Men editors (i.e. the editors who are stuck with the diseased, unclean Fox characters).

I liked Abnett and Lanning's attempt to make Wanda tougher and more badass though it did lead to some weird scenes like her holding a finger to someone's head as if it were a gun.

Yeah and you can thank Bendis and his fetishistic love for John Byrne's skeevy Avengers West Coast run for the total disaster that was Wanda's 00s and early 10s. At the time just before Disassembled Wanda had been used very well by Busiek, Davis and Geoff Johns in Avengers, and was picked out by Christopher Priest to become a supporting character in the Cap spin-off Captain America and Falcon. She was playing a bigger role and was portrayed as someone competent and loyal as well as powerful. But then bendis came along and she was tossed into the shitter and only became "magneto's crazy-ass daughter (who isn't Lorna) who killed all mutants" for like 10 years and a whole generation of readers.

Yep, no-nonsense take-charge Wanda. Busiek nicely referenced it when he had Cap make her field leader in Avengers later too.

>though it did lead to some weird scenes like her holding a finger to someone's head as if it were a gun.

With Wanda, it might as well be.

Guys you have to go fucking buy Robinson's series if you want this to happen

Yes but unfortunately for them guys behind IW in MCU are Wandafags

A few writers have referenced Force Works (Robinson referenced it a couple of months ago) but it's never really been integrated into her history.

Busiek referenced it because he's very continuity conscious, but he still wrote Wanda as if it was some incredibly new thing for her to be deputy leader of the Avengers, even though she'd been leader of Force Works (and WCA in the last few issues).

He kind of lampshaded it by having her say that she was a different person in the early '90s because it was such an EDGY time.

Yeah, Wanda is one of those characters who is prone to having her character reset, but I think Busiek still carried her forward, not backward. He wanted her to get back on more stable ground which is why he hooked her up with Wonder Man. I don't mind it that much.

Funny though that he made the "angrier" and "bitter" joke given that Force Works wasn't really either angry, EXTREME or edgy, just a sci-fi oriented team title that was honestly better and more Avengers than the Avengers book at the time.

I think Busiek disliked Force Works for some reason though because he kept killing off character from it in a single panel.

I think it was just generally that Busiek was trying to "fix" everything from that era of Avengers which was not considered a great era for them.

Force Works was not actually as bad until it got sucked into The Crossing (except for the terrible art in the first 4 issues, but it got better) but it was still part of that whole period.

I didn't mind the Tom Tenney art, really. He's a British artist AFAIK and came from a non-superhero tradition. Drew really good gribbly aliens but not as great humans. Hands of the mandarin and the Century stuff was solid, so was the Slorenia stuff. The Aborigine story was okay, not terrible. And then the book got sucked into the black hole of Crossing which Abnett had no idea what to do with and raped six ways until sunday, as you said. But the series up until that wasn't bad.

Also it's funny that the Bob Harras era for Avengers is so looked down on yet it did have some really good sides to it. The soap opera elements were the worst, unfortunately.

Bob Harras's Avengers was not bad. Some nice art from Steve Epting. Part of the problem with it is that except for a couple of crossovers (Operation Galactic Storm and Bloodties) it had basically no connection with West Coast Avengers and the two books were not as strong as they could have been if they'd just been combined into one team.

On the subject of the Maximoffs I like that Bob Harras was probably Marvel's biggest Quicksilver fan. Any book where he got a big part was probably edited by Harras (X-Factor) or written by Harras (Avengers). Then he became EiC and gave Pietro his only ongoing. I guess everyone has their favorites but he must be the only editor/writer who favored Pietro over Wanda (probably because he's more like Magneto than she is).

what are the issue numbers for Jacketvengers?

ironically the separation between Avengers and AWC was what prompted Marvel editorial to bring the various Avengers books together through a crossover. Namely the Crossing. And then the disastrous "Avengers Family" period where Marvel tried to make each part of the Marvel Universe into the X-Men by tying connected titles together.

Operation Galactic Storm was pretty great, though.

But yeah, at least Harras loved Quicksilver, and was the last writer to use Black Knight as a mainstay. he's been a minor leaguer ever since. But most of the plots and characterization from the Harras era stuck even less than force Works did. Sersi INSTANTLY went back to being a vapid party girl right after she and Black Knight returned to 616 (and the present) after all she'd been through.

This

Dat 90s art in Force Works...dear lord.

>The real problem with Wanda is that she was absent from nearly all comics for what turned out to be a definitive period in modern Marvel. A lot of the famous storylines that influenced the MCU were done between around 2005 and 2011 (Brubaker's Cap, Civil War and many others) and she wasn't in any of them, she was just an offscreen presence as "crazy chick who destroyed the Avengers and the mutants." She has no real history with most characters post-2005.

Jeph Loeb even killed her off in the Ultimate universe soon after she was banned from 616.

I don't get the anti-Wanda hatred some Marvel writers clearly had in the '00s unless it was just a general dislike of the early Avenger girls (Bendis also killed Wasp so that's possible).

I think it was mostly Bendis.

Just before Disassembled happened Priest was using her in Captain America & the Falcon and Slott was using her a bit in She-Hulk (she put the spell on Jen so villains couldn't recognize her as She-Hulk).

Disassembled fucked up those books a bit (Slott tried to ignore it as much as he could but he still had to address Jen ripping the Vision in half, not fun in a lighthearted book). But that's the Bendis for you.

She's a classic female hero done right.

I mean classic in the sense of greek myths.
I wish some other anons appreciated her more, honestly. She and Rogue are probably my favs in Marvel (and Rogue is just because she's coooool in a childish sense. I think I may need to grow up).

The Crossing did give us a better '90s outfit though.

It was almost exclusively Bendis.The one story with Wanda he could remember was her going evil in Avengers West Coast (which in turn was just a weaker rehash of the yesterday quest in Avengers) and he made the decision that Scarlet Witch is crazy and evil.

What he did to Wanda is probably my top reason for hating Bendis. All the Bendis-speak and character favoritism he forces on the Marvel line is nothing compared to the destruction of a storied character like Wanda

That looks good.

Yep, a Mike Deodato design i think. before he became a photoshopper

IIRC there was a lettercol at the time that said Joe Madueira designed it, though Deodato was the Avengers artist at the time so he mostly drew it.

To be fair Marvel gave him a list of expendable Avengers characters and Wanda was almost certainly on it. She was one of those characters who had been in Avengers or West Coast Avengers almost nonstop for decades and it was probably time for some new blood.

But killing her off (like he did with Hawkeye and Vision) would have been better for her character in the long run.

Rumors are Disassembled was originally an Austen plot which would have had the Avengers discover Wanda's corpse in a closet in the Mansion (Hank Pym was the real villain in that version).

Which in turn might have been a Geoff Johns plot because Brevoort has said that one of the stories he had mapped out before he left was a locked-room murder mystery set in Avengers mansion. (Didn't Morrison already do that with X-Men?)

Dem pants and boots.

> Hey, Wanda destroyed the Avengers, let's have her destroy the X-Men on top of that!

The worst thing he did was destroy her relationships. In Hawkeye's case he did it three times.

Due to her long absence she's also disconnected from many of the characters who were introduced during 2005-2010.

Her bonding with Viv was a rare, heartwarming moment where Wanda connected with a post-2005 character.

9, 17 and 27

Fight me

if 24 had a cape it would be the best but since it doesn't I'll go with 27 with 23 slightly behind them in third and Force Works #9 costume 4th.

17 has the best hair and body tho, George Perez should be the only guy drawing Wanda.

Just how great are Aja's covers for the current ongoing?

I seriously want posters of them all.

Also the latest cover that was just released for #14.

Wanda a cute

Why is she such a whore

Nice

Wonder Witch

yes

>Stephanie Hans off the latest issue

;_;

Jonathan Marks art-style is similar but yeah a bummer.

Can't we have both?

Why do you make these threads denouncing Carol when the closest marvel has to a trinity is the the three main avengers?

Female Thor is also magical, she's the biggest threat to Wanda's relevance.

I can see MCU Wanda and Carol starting off as hostile to each other (due to Accords) but becoming friends as they work together against Thanos.

I can kind of respect the redesigned Scarlet Witch outfit for Robinson's run. It's not what I'm used to but it's tasteful and pays homage to her history.
But whose dumb idea was it to make the new Quicksilver outfit?
Look out Villains! Fast-Forward Man is here!