Why do automatic transmissions trigger europoors?

why do automatic transmissions trigger europoors?

I drive in traffic while eating my breakfast with the other hand every morning and it would really suck if I had to shift gears.

is it because automatic transmission is more expensive and they cannot afford it, or are europoors just being smug assholes?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-31868491
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Manual does suck in highway traffic

>Always clutching
>Riding in 1st or 2nd really slowly

I use an automatic for my commuter car and have a manual for the weekends

Unless its nice out, then its gsxr time.

I think its just a money issue

Cant afford it, simply put.

>autmatic
>european
You got it the wrong way around, leaf.
Never in my life have i even been inside a automatic.

Standard transmissions are just better.

>If you didn't learn to drive on a stick, you're just driving a go cart.

>automatic

Why do Amerisharts need cars that are even simpler than pic related? Is it because they are as dull as fuck?

i like how stickfags can only say "automatic is for casuals!" as their reasoning for owning primitive technology.

It's a bunch of ricer faggots with 5" exhaust pipes and 2' spoilers that think if they can only get their hands on a monkey they'll be the next speed racer

That's what he is saying.

Someone told me you're not a real man if you drive an auto. He takes care of his girlfriend's son these days.

>why do Europeans not drive automatics?
>you got it backwards leaf, I've never been in an automatic
?

No, not really. Unless you're driving a semi/heavy truck or racing a car, it's a fucking unnecessary inconvenience that men seem to think is the pinnacle of manhood. Sorry but I'm secure enough in my masculinity that I'm willing to use the technologically advanced transmission instead of playing with a stick all day.
Plus how am I supposed to drive through the city and drink my Tim's with a manual.

I bet you stall at every red light Nigel. Oi bruv I cunt seem to shift inta first great m8

Gear*

>stick shift

novices not driving 2 stick.

It is because europeans don't drive very often. Every time they get in a car it is like Christmas so they want "the full car experience".

Driving a go kart is fun though

That's just fucking retarded

But that's true. Auto cars for woman.

Funny you should say Nigel.

Nigel Mansell was a Brit Formula 1 drive who won NASCAR in his *first year*. Why dont you have proper sports OR proper cars?

>too many sticks

You're not really an American.

Ignore the memes. If you live in a populated city, automatic is objectively the correct choice.

One arm on the wheel, one on your bitch.
Automatic > Manual

If you can't handle something as simple as operating a stick shift you shouldn't be handling a car at all.

Simple as that.

Standards have been poor old shit since the 1950s

>my dumb opinion and that means you shouldn't do something that has a replacement for ease of use

>they cannot afford it
this
manual is still more fun to drive tho

I want an automatic, dark green fiat multipla which I will call pepe mobile

It's about "masculinity."
Americans have their guns, europoors drive with stick. Both are very useless but hey, humans are fucking stupid.

I have both a manual car and one automatic.

I use the manual one for fun weekends, automatic for work and shit.

Honestly a car is a fucking car that gets you to point a to point b.

Acting like an elitist over manual driving is like being an elitist over cooking food with a fucking campfire because "stoves and grills are for pussies". You just end up looking like a huge try hard, enjoy your equipment and shut up.

That said I hate stickshift fags due to this.

Seriously... Eating with one hand, texting with the other, having to steer with my knee... How the fuck am I supposed to push the clutch and shift?

I used to drive stick shift. Then I moved to Atlanta where the traffic is constantly awful because niggers haven't evolved enough to learn how to drive properly. Constantly having to weave through traffic and worry about shifting gets to be a pain in the ass after awhile so my next car was an automatic.

I don't watch men driving in circles

Yes I am I'm more American than you are.

I share an automatic transmition car, and most of the time I'm driving on autostick simply because I like it that it gives me more control of the car. Everyone here has to take a driving exam on a shift stick, too, and that's not an issue.
The only advantage of automatic transmitions is if you get stuck on a traffic jam, then you don't have to keep shifting between 1st and 2nd gear. At this point, it's faster riding a fucking bike past the traffic.
>auto is better for traffic jams
>shift is better for every other situation if you like having more control over your car

You find yourself in an emergency situation where the only vehicle available to you is a manual transmission and you are the black turd who never bothered to learn how to drive it because it was too hard for your simeon brain to fathom.

You seriously need to be genocided you fucking worthless nigger.

kek

>you're in a situation where you're forced to do what I said

Get frog eyes for headlights

To be honest on very fast cars I prefer semi automatic gearboxes.
However for general driving the additional control and seem-lessness you can give your driving with clutch control is scarcely matched by an automatic gearbox.
You can also do stupid stuff if you're a teen trying to have fun with your car if it's a manual which would otherwise be unachievable in a similarly priced automatic.
Also a far less important reason - it's just cooler.

>CVT developed for professional racing, originally banned because too stronk
>non-manual transmissions are kiddie toys

pick one

It's easy as fuck any retard who has rode a dirt bike could shift a car

how do you figure, sports fan?

Greater efficiency, better acceleration, better and more gear ratios, computer won't decide to shift at a random point, simpler to maintain and more rugged, engine braking, and more general engagement of the driver.

CVT's have the ability to be programmed to always be at maximum torque so you're always at your highest acceleration

>that flag

Flagly reminder that Mark Alexander Harding has been banned from the Internet until September 2016
bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-31868491

I said the pledge of allegiance for no reason today. I think most American sports are gay however. Basketball and football are nigger sports. I'll watch baseball. My favorite is hockey and I also like soccer.

exactly, they're superior to a manual transmission, so "manual just better" is wrong

I cannot understand why you are digging your heels into the ground about something as trivial as how a car shifts gears. I know how to drive manual. Automatic is definitely more convenient. Please consider the possibiltiy that you might be autistic.

if you don't have two brake pedals get out of my face

there are CVTs that have better efficiency than manuals

>implying the cvt in your econobox is built to the same standard.
No. It isn't the case. CVTs in consumer vehicles are going out at an alarming rate. So are some of the earlier mass produced DCT's, but that's not the point.

I believe its a preference

I'd prefer a manual for a sports car purely for the notoriety, cool-ness factor and shit. Also I can shift when ever

CVT's are really boring and unless your car is programmed for max torque, you're certainly not set for max efficiency in terms of MPG

guns are very useful when you live in a country that's 13% nigger and 17% mexican subhuman

Can you drift with automatic?

>mumbled some words you don't believe in and dislike balls.

this is supposed to make you more American?

I feel like manual isn't as "fun" as paddle shifters, but that's just me

Honda, Nissan and Toyota CVT's are rated really well and last a long time

Ford and Chevy CVT's? notorious for failing

>I drive in traffic while eating my breakfast with the other hand every morning and it would really suck if I had to shift gears.
Have fun with your distracted driving ticket when a cop feels like dinging you.

>greater efficiency
no
>better acceleration
no
>better and more gear ratios
no
>computer won't decide to shit at a random point
it's not random
>simpler to maintain
git gud
>more rugged
I can small the Marlboro brainwashing from here
>engine breaking
this is not mutually exclusive with automatic
>more engagement
Is an abacus more engaging to you than a calculator?

My grandfather was a racer and my grandmother is 80+ and still drives a V8 convertible stickshift.

They both know the truth. Manual's more fun. There's no other reason.

Not really. You have to remember a drift is a controlled skid. You need RWD with lots of torque pushing you round countering the grip.
I can't imagine how you'd enter and correct for the skid to control power and traction in an auto.
Some cars i'm sure can but see my earlier post.

Me too

I have a honda civic with a CVT and the MPG is amazing but its boring as fuck

That's totally true, but they were dreadful and current marketing has it so they're programed to have fixed ratios. Regarding CVT's a big concern has always been an issue of reliability and added cost over something that just works. At the moment the manual is still the best option all around.
Did a fin just... did a fin just ask a question about car control?

Manual is more fun to drive. That's the only reason that matters.

Automatic is great for off-roading but during winter manual is safer. All in all we tend to like the extra control it gives.

>he cant afford both

pleb detected

lol its not like i have a bowl of cereal or some shit, its a breakfast burrito and homemade egg sandwich. my eyes are on the road the whole time. I live in ching chong town so I must be extra careful.

Australia is a "have to drive manual to prove your dick size" kind of country.

Fuel efficiency is the only argument for manual transmission, and even then that is only when you're comparing older cars. If you're purchasing a vehicle made in the past 6 years, automatic is as good (if not better) than manual for fuel efficiency. I think the reason most of Europe still drives manual transmission is because they are all driving pic related.

That could just be Honda. I have a defeat device equipped Jetta and I went out to test replacements, managed to narrow things down to another VW or a subaru because Honda was nice on the inside, but felt like a dead fish. There was no excitement in the stock models

I understand why Americans don't get the reason because the roads are so different.
The reason is clutch control and the ability to use the clutch as a second break whilst giving enough acceleration allows you to correct from skids and save your life potentially or do a really cool skid.
You guys don't get tight hairpin corners on normal roads so its understandable but the ability to still give power but control your traction through a clutch is really useful.
Also variable differential gearboxes are useful for high torque scenarios.

Manual feels better. Nobody gives a fuck except neckbeards on the internet tbqh.

thank you, op is a faggot baiting you all, manual is fun which is the only reason you cunts should do anything, if you all want to argue what's the best just look at formula one.

I drive a manual jeep, everyday, in traffic, load to the hilt with tools

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Why? Because when I get a line and can Rip it through traffic and pop the clutch on slow driving assholes it gives me a smile. Fuck you out of state assholes. Especially college freshmen

bet yall niggers still granny shift not double clutching like ya should

>double clutch
no point when you have synchros, thats what they're there for

>I drive in traffic while eating my breakfast with the other hand every morning and it would really suck if I had to shift gears.
>being so obese you have to eat while driving
Literally can't make this shit up.

Stick shifts are obsolete, modern dual clutch and autos shift faster and get better mpg

>double clutching
>when pretty much every consumer manual car has synchro discs

you're double clutching for no reason you fucktard

Because then a nigger can't steal it

i watched fast and furious unlike this uncultured asshole

It's a fast and furious reference you dips

nice meme

Because modern automatics outperform manuals and eurocucks can't accept it.

Europeans don't have 30+ minute commutes they just don't understand. To them driving is FUN.

It depends on the market you're looking at. I'm talking about general consumer vehicles. The transmission often ends up being a major problem on most automatic models. Look at popular models from 10 years ago and the trend emerges with reliability.
Greater efficiency is proven with the internal losses in the transmission, looking at identical models save for manual vs automatic(locking torque converter)
Better acceleration is true, again, for a standard automatic and similar gear ratios.
>computer
fair enough.
Engine braking is an absolute must. I forget that most of america is flat as fuck. but going down a long descent, you either cook the brakes or use compression.
Engagement is what I intend to mean fun.

I like driving sticks, but fuck me, if I had to drive one in Houston traffic, I might just go on a nigger killing spree.

Somebody get me a stick.

Look while I. Texting and eating my ten dies and driving with my knee what the fuck is the point to making it harder for me to do these things

dont drive and eat you stupid fat syrupnigger.

Unless you live in a mountain area you don't ever see hairpin turns.
I drive an automatic simply because it makes it easier to beat my asshole kids.

Ha, you fucking autofags. I bet you don't even use a rotary phone.

I have way more control using a rotary phone than a cell.

I drive and eat all the time, i drive a standard. Its not hard unless you have an extra chromosome. Hell, im driving right now lol

Maybe it helps that our roads aren't all straight

I think it's because automatic transmission is for faggots and women and euros think they've got a monopoly on those categories

I wonder if people who drive auto today will be bitching about how people don't drive their cars at all 20 years from now

>I drive an automatic simply because it makes it easier to beat my kids asshole.

>Ching Chong Town
Besides, VPD aren't twats about distracted driving UNLESS there's a phone visible.

Fucking redcoats in North Van on the other hand...

>why do automatic transmissions trigger europoors?
It doesn't. We just generally prefer manuals over autos.

You should be driving you fat fuck. Driving is better with a manual as you have more control.

>is it because automatic transmission is more expensive and they cannot afford it,
No
>or are europoors just being smug assholes?
No, we just prefer to have greater control of the car.

You will note that Eurobros have consistently had the best drivers in the world.

I mean, America create a sport no one was interested in that didn't require any talent, NASCAR for example. Only America turns up for the championship and then declare themselves world champions.

Don't believe your own hype guys. America, Canada, Mexico, you have some fucking awful drivers who are "professionals".

You arent very smart are you ahmed?

My first car was a manual, but like other burgers and leafs had mentioned, it isn't practical if you live in a heavily populated city.

I live in Boston, and you must really hate yourself if you willingly drive a manual here.