/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

>last scene was a dream
>laura in 1989 is the dreamer
>cooper asks what year is it
>laura's mother calls out to her from the waking world
>laura recognizes her mother's voice and realize she's dreaming
>she screams and wakes up back in 1989 the morning they would have found her body had cooper not had changed the past

Agent Cooper in Season 1 also had a dream in 1989 where he was 25 years older.

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile...

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/i40t3b
welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-wrapped-2-seasons-or-more/
youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM
variety.com/2017/tv/news/twin-peaks-finale-david-lynch-showtime-cbs-1202545355/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

poal.me/i40t3b
poal.me/i40t3b
poal.me/i40t3b

Woman that played Mrs Tremond actually owned Palmer House what the fuck

First for proof of season 4
welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin-peaks-wrapped-2-seasons-or-more/

>Agent Cooper in Season 1 also had a dream in 1989 where he was 25 years older.
Which episode was this?

fuck off with this reddit theoryfagging

>people using this explanation to dismiss the Carrie reality as somehow not real and assume it's just fine and dandy that Laura literally got sucked out of Cooper's grasp in the forest

yea I'm not sleeping tonight.

Posting the most kino shot of the entire series. Bravo Lynch.

So was Sarah Palmer Judy's avatar? Was it dopple coop at the end trying to return Laura to Judy, only to find that real cooper had succeeded in completely fucking reality so hard that Laura would be safely hidden from Judy for the foreseeable future? Was this a happy ending?

The original Peaks was great because beyond the perfect atmosphere and style, there was a constant sense of order and consistency. There were clear characters and narrative goals that gave the story momentum and emotion regardless of whether the audience ever actually arrived at those goals. When the show bent the rules and broached the surreal and abstract it felt meaningful and evocative because there was still a structure of reality to challenge

The Return was great too and twenty times better than the camp and nostalgia milking and fan service that any other showrunners would have given us, but I can't seriously say it was better or even as good as the first season. It was completely unmoored from the audience, for better and worse. Lynch and Frost were throwing whatever came to mind on a canvas, and most of the time it worked out (or even succeeded wildly) because they're master craftsmen and brilliant artists, but not always. Not every improvised plot device was convincing or relevant. Not every digression or new minor character had value. The "system" of dream logic fanboys keep dissecting is mostly their fevered imagination and not based on a secret rule book. It's coming from psychological impulses, not a hidden structure. Occasionally the Return was quite sloppy

Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Eddie Vedder recorded a song that proves the facts of the finale. It confirms Agent Cooper never gets his mind back. (Pic is evil Cooper)
Listen youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM

This show is a huge failure lol

>tfw we didn't get an exploration of the Black Lodge's executive agency, that Mr. C is attempting to betray ?

Where were you when Eddie Vedder predicted the finale months ago

Second for proof there will be no season 4
variety.com/2017/tv/news/twin-peaks-finale-david-lynch-showtime-cbs-1202545355/

david lunch lol

>tfw work tomorrow

Can someone explain the significance of the White Lodge spirits owning Laura's house in the new timeline(Laura's dream)? What does that mean other than a name drop?

I hate to admit it but I agree with this. The boundaries of network television kept Twin Peaks in a reasonable limit. Without them, it's just a huge mess of ideas and beautiful images.

>working on labor day
Literally kill your boss.

It's been a while since I saw the first two seasons. Were they as hopped on electricity and other entities as FWWM/3?

It was at about this point that I realized that the ending would have no closure whatsoever, and would be more open ended than any of the previous finales. I can't say I'm not pretty confused but it was an extremely effective final episode.

First for CHIM

Why is there an adult Laura with repressed memories in Odessa?
Why did Coop try to bring her to Twin Peaks?
Did he forget that he just time traveled to 1989?

If Diane & Cooper crossed into another reality where Twin Peaks also exists, that would mean there's more than one twin peaks. There could be hundreds of different Twin Peaks, some more different than others. I think The Secret History is of one of them, one with subtle differences.

This ending destroyed me. I am literally sitting here thinking about my entire life and what I've made of it.

What will you do if Lynch & Frost say that "season 4 is not happening"

What will you do next?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this is Lynch's worst work to date. It doesn't even begin to compare to his films, and it certainly doesn't hold up with the original run of the show. My suspicions have been correct: the apologists are largely made up of bandwagoners and anti-art "fans". Such people don't know the first thing about film, nor can they appreciate it. Go fuck yourselves

Who ran Jim Belushi through the black man faceapp?

>>last scene was a dream
>>laura in 1989 is the dreamer
>>cooper asks what year is it
>>laura's mother calls out to her from the waking world
>>laura recognizes her mother's voice and realize she's dreaming
>>she screams and wakes up back in 1989 the morning they would have found her body had cooper not had changed the past

Yeah. You are an idiot. This is so wrong I don't even know where to start. Everything you wrote is wrong. You are like a baby.

Look at me. Blink. Breathe. Read me with your full concentration. Now: Game of thrones is the epitome of tv. It has it's ups and downs but so does a rollercoaster. You still feel the adrenaline, the rush, the excitement, and relief that it has ended, it's a ride, a joy, a life experience my friend. No other show can give this gift of emotions. Name one show. Just one. Go on. Pause and think. Oh.... you can't? I know. Because it's impossible my friend.

>(((Variety)))
Heh. This ain't r*ddit, kid.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

It doesn't mean the White Lodge spirits actually own the house, but the people who own the house bear the name(s) of one specific spirit. It could be a kind of calling card of the spirits. Many clues from the original reality were sprinkled around the Carrie world, like Judy's, the white horse, etc.

labor day for me luckily but in past weeks at lest no one ever realized that I spend all night shitposting here after episodes.

everybody got lynched in the ass god bless

what a fuck was that. I'm not sure. I love it or i'm disappointment

The ending is open for a lot of interpretations. Maybe this parallel reality (or dream) just has normal people named that and it's a coincidence. Or maybe they are the actual spirits who open the door instead of Sarah (who is still in the house) to fuck with Cooper.

Nigga is literally the most iconic scene of TP, with the Manfap dancing and talking backwards.

Vedderchecked

>trying this hard

So Dale has achieved CHIM at this point?

Listen to the sounds

kys

>White Lodge spirits
>implying

iktf. I'm crushed by the realization that everything around me is in constant flux and nothing will ever be the same and I can never go back to the places I've been.

Be happy. I'd rather have a thought provoking ending that will get debated for years rather than some sappy "Laura's back and everything is fine" bullshit that would probably happen in another season.

>anti art fans

what are you even talking about

not a problem, because it is.

I don't know why people keep mentioning the nielsen ratings when the CEO said that they don't care about them, they just care about how many people they lose after the series ends, since they got a record amount of signups.

i work in retail hell mate.

not even coop / freddie can save me.

>don't speculate about an extremely abstract show
Are you fucking retarded?

What was with the "we live inside a dream" thing from cooper? his voice was all deep n shit, sounded like dopplecoop in the prison scene

Essentially yes. But he only had a one time use of it and he's stuck in the aftermath of using it.

what a time to be alive

I'd be fine, I'm feeling beyond satisfied right now. I would like to see one more movie, but another season would be too much.

But they don't make sense. None of it does. They just fucking botched their own story because they couldn't draw all the hanging threads together.

>wtf happened to desmond
>wtf happened to donna
>wtf happened to annie
>honestly not really sure wtf happened to BOB/Mr. C.
>or audrey
>for that matter wtf happened to sam stanley
>why was there a storyline with chad
>why was there a scene with a marlon brando clone
>that doesn't actually align with any of the details of wally's birth
>why was gertie hayward dragged into this
>why is the trailer park completely fucking different
>who the fuck are richard and linda
>how many dianes are there exactly
>how does bobby, a pretty fucking corrupt teen who was at least indirectly responsible for laura's murder (if it ever actually happened, I guess) and himself murdered a cop in a botched drug rip, become a fucking deputy sheriff
>why does his character even exist in S3
>or mike's, for all of one pointless scene
>what's the point of richard horne or the dealer he buys from who's also evidently screwing shelly
>why does coop never contact cole and the fbi himself and take such extraordinary risks with bystanders (the mitchums and the girls) or with laura/carrie
>it's honestly just senseless bullshit

Fucking fuck this shit. This dumb-ass bullshit. They just make a bunch of useless, "eerie" art house scenes and let their army of dickriders retcon it so it appears coherent, but it's all based on a vast web of assumptions and guesses so fucking convoluted it might as well be a fucking religion.

So we can all agree that Richard =/= Richard Horne and the names are merely coincidence?

>dead guy in Carrie's place

You are kinda right. But "we live inside a dream" is a broad sentence.

it was nothing, just like 95% of the things from the show

>You are far away

And now he really is.

What the fuck did I just witness

What have you done, Lynch!

Just watched the finale. What did I think of it?

>bandwagoners

lmao are you the same guy who said I was wrong and that the season would have a closure ending?

BTFO
T
F
O

Episode 3, I believe, or the end of 2.

tfw no sheryl lookalike gf

I will breath a sigh of relief. Lynch needs to get himself away from the Frost and television cancer, and make some worthwhile film. Something with artistic merit, not the tripe that is The Return. And God, the digital looks abysmal - should have gotten someone competent to film instead of Lynch's nephew from film school

Her body disappeared from the shore though. So are we to take it that she was sucked out of her timeline altogether?

Labor Day is May 1st. Tomorrow is Labor Cucking Day.

>I said you've gone soft in your old age.
>NOT WHERE IT COUNTS BUDDY.
C O L E D
O
L
E
D

you watched the show for the wrong reasons pal

>wtf happened to donna

So like the "WAKE UP WE MISS YOU" creepypasta?

third post is a s3 skipfag
christ

Literally this. Twin Peaks will have a handful of hardcore dork fans and that's it. Sad.

That's exactly how you should feel.

Admit it, when you realized Cooper was going back in time to save Laura at the end of Ep17 you thought this was the greatest ending of anything ever.

>twin peaks
>lynch
>answers

most of the stuff you're complaining about weren't even mysteries or needed answers anyway

LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D

>i work in retail hell mate.
Just like a nu-Peaks character

LYNCHED

WHY WAS THERE A DEAD GUY IN CARRIE PAGE'S HOUSE

Literally witnessing the dream.

I completely understand Lynch now. Fitting for him to be a transcendental meditator, as his work is about the moment and not the big picture. Twin Peaks is his master work, and the finale a fitting ending. I currently feel like I'm aimlessly floating, I feel in a completely surreal state. Working us up about the story and characters was him setting things up so he could pull the rug out from under us, like a more advanced version of Mulholland Drive. I don't even mind that he pulled the rug out from under me though. Initially I did, when the final moment happened.... But now I am completely at peace and in marvel at the raw talent of David Lynch. Lynch has mastered the entire movement of surrealism, this is its peak (no pun intended). In 5 decades or so Lynch will be hailed as a master.

TLDR: LYNCHED

go watch one of your coloring book shows, kiddo

I realized it as soon as the scene cut to Laura and James on the motorcycle.

Carrie has a wild and wacky life full of daring exploits and crime.

>that car
>that suit
>her clothes
>his weapon
>the weapons of the bumpkins at judy's
>literally everything
>"1989"

fucking commit suicide man

He took the Jeffriespill

I was a bit skeptical at that point, to be honest. It's a bit rich to go back and retcon the originating event of the entire series via magic time travel. I got really interested again at the point when she disappeared and THAT FUCKING SOUND played, followed by screaming.

So many people pretending to like this pile of shit it's funny. Sup Forums being contrarian as always.

I'd be disappointed but not because I want everything wrapped up. I just want more Twin Peaks.

>MUH UNANSWERED QUESTIONS
>MUH COHERENT STORY
am I on Sup Forums or reddit?

LOL

uh...
welp
s-sorry guise, my bad

It was a dream sequence. It was really neat to me because it really did feel like I was in a dream. That being said I still don't really get the ending.