What does Sup Forums think of this country?

What does Sup Forums think of this country?

don't worry about it

I hear they really don't like Muslims.

Sounds like a nice place to visit. Maybe I can shoot a muslim with an RPG for 2 hundo the way you can blast a cow in Laos.

Like everywhere outside of Texas;

Shithole

Kill the fuck out of Muslims

going to be underwater in 100 years

It's an unfortunate country.

The Brittish gave them muslim cancer when they transported thousands of them to take root there.

Today the muslims have taken over Myanmar's western costal areas.

And the UN/the west is sanctioning them economically.
You can guess what the UN wants -> More democrazy, more tolerance against muslim ionvasion.

Even western Media are attacking them for the crime of defending themselves from muslims.

Looks like the kind of place where you can do whatever the fuck you want and get away with it

They ethnically clense muslims. Sounds like a nice place

Friend of mine's a journalist there and loves it. More or less made it his second home.

I've visited twice. Great place, awesome people.
Fucked up teeth.

In this videogame I play they get conquered by the UK

Needs more rope. Also fuck the west coast

I support them fully in their battle against muslims.

I would need to think about it to begin with.

oooh, sign me up.

I used to deal with the Tatmadaw regime in a quasi-official capacity before it fell. Some of what I'm about to say may not be fully verifiable so its up to you to believe it.

The ethnic Burmans constitute 65% of the population and dominate the economy and political structures of the country. The regime kicked off in 1962 under General Ne Win and has been under junta rule up till recently. The junta has been notorious for its brutal suppression of ethnic/religious minorities fighting for autonomy and independence. The groups which fight the hardest (the ethnic Karens and Kachins) are Christians and are persecuted accordingly. In COIN manoeuvres it is customary to burn churches, identify those competent in the minority language and jail them. Educational or religious material that is not Burmese or Buddhist is destroyed and banned from being published. There were (and possibly are) upwards of a dozen Tatmadaw blacksites across the country, but most are situated along the coastal areas, as that's where the Muslim Rohingyas/Arakanese are.

It's not just Muslims being oppressed, its Christians too, just not as badly.

Tatmadaw regimes (BSPP, SLORC and then SPDC) were successively more and more corrupt. The country had a thriving mineral (gold and copper) and agricultural (rice) during the British colonial era but blew it ever since. Credit has to be given to the regime though, they did utterly screw over the opium trade in their territory, secured their borders and improved the standard of living of their people (no one starves so long as they aren't living in rebel territory)

As of 2015, their military was placed under sanctions by most western countries and were supplied by a friendly China and other nations willing to covertly send equipment at marked up prices. Turns out war is expensive. They were willing to barter rice and copper for 2nd hand western mechanical parts or engines.

I don't deal with this country anymore so I am not too sure about how the new government is doing. From the limited amounts of material I've read, it appears that:
1) Discrimination and forced eviction of Muslim minorities persists due to the ever increasing power of the Sangha (monastaries) and the need to divert popular anger away from the state(continuation from regime practices)
2) Chinese investment is flowing in endlessly thanks to the state's desperation for foreign investment and China's willingness to flout labour laws and interest rate regulations.
3) No increase in standard of living has materialised yet

It's the Belgium of Asia

I'm going there in 4 months, how fucked am i?

Burma is fine

watcha gonna doo!

Sounds fun. Are you just scoping it out or are you there for job/volunteering?

My ancestors lived in Burma for thousands of years, as blue eyed nobility. They were proto-europeans, with mutated blue eyes that originated in the Caucasus.Then, sometime in the 19th Century, my homeland was invaded by the british empire, and subsequently my ancestors mixed with Irish Drunks. Today, I am the result of terrible racemixing, I am 94% European, yet suffer from terrible fat disposition, no sense of identity, a neet, mental illness, and a 5 ft 9 manlet

this is really good. You should keep posting this.

As long as Aussies are posting memes on pol they can't be banging girls in my hometown. Stay simple, friend.

ABSOLUTLY BASED

*Kneel*

PRAISE BUDDHA

Mission of Burma has some great albums

I know. The Muslims started genociding the natives in WW2 now the host fuckers are crying because the tables have turned.

your herpes is showing

just scoping...im doing the hurrr durr meme faggot meme tour of SE Asia...except im not slumming it

The Tommy Robinson of SE Asia

I work with a guy who came over here from Burma with his wife twenty years ago. Dude is fucking based, great worker and very funny too. That's all I know about the country.