Let's read some old Avengers

Let's read some old Avengers

SQUADRON SINISTER

KANG BITCHES

This is also plotted like a Silver Age JLA issue

hey wait the Sphinx is Rama Tut's time ship!

i might've just spoiled it.

Clint, put a fucking shirt on.

Unca Marty, why does that man have yellow underwear riveted on?
And why does Batman have a red clown nose?

>The Wizzer may've gotten his name from an old comic

1. it's strange that the wizzer is the one guy who's also a ww2 hero. tho if someone said the other 3 are golden age dudes I'd buy it
2. do you get it, he's the Flash

i'm high on pym particles i do what i want

That's actually pretty interesting, in the original Perez Jla/avengers, batman win by taking the shield first. Pretty cool. Equals physically and the toys and tactics being the only decisive factor. I haven't read this in 20 years.

Good fucking job Black Knight

i hate this guy

Everyone forgets the doomed romance part of Kang

FUCK THAT SALAD

>Okay Axis...Here we come!

that's the worst fucking battlecry i've ever heard

muh sword

it's pretty nice of the Grandmaster to provide a spread

Nice Namor

Get ready for much later when a bunch of stupid complicated shit got revealed about Human Torch and Vision

>Vision one shots the Invaders

what's good

It's funny how DC's Avengers were just as lame-looking and uninspired yet, unlike the Distinguished Competition, Marvel was shameless enough to make a mini-franchise out of their own Justice League

This won't backfire. I'll figure out how to bring her back to life later is kind of a cool different motivation.

Stan Lee ran that shit like a business.

Also Gru wanted to writer JLA his entire life and Supreme was the closest he got.

>DC's Avengers
I honestly can't picture them. I know the version of the Avengers from Millar's Authority

Just fucking stab him!! It's a sword!!!

The Grandmaster is great because he's an asshole like Rod Sterling

Pin up

oh boy Zodiac

>Stan Lee ran that shit like a business.
According to Claremont Lee's Publisher policy was " Is it selling? Yes? No reason to get involved"

rick jones sucks

Well Hickman did the same with sun God and his team

Nice

Marvel's biggest village bicycle

look at that connected universe

I have no opinion on Mar-Vell

My opinion is that Jim Starlin was awesome in the 70's

I'm mixed on these bad guy looks

hell yeah Pym

Classic Nick Fury!

You outnumber them 2 to 1 you freaky stupid animal men

Ask yourself. How many batmen and supermen marvel has? and how many spidermen does DC have

That's all for tonight, thanks for reading

I love that this is Kang's consistent flaw; he WINS, one of the only villains who can beat the Avengers, but fucks it all up because of his twisted honor or petty hate.

Dude you had it all and you had to fuck it up and let a giant blue huckster fuck you over.

Man remember when you could just hash stuff out like that.

"Dude you knocked the hell out of me."

"Red Skull in disguise. Give you the whole story later."

"Oh, sorry."

Hi Satan! I'm really digging the current Squadron Supreme ongoing and really enjoyed the Hyperion mini. Both fall under Sup Forums's radar because there isn't a lot to get triggered about in those comics.

>Both fall under nearly everyone's radar because there isn't a lot to get triggered about in those comics.
ftfy

Hence the sales (based on retailer orders) at the cancellation level. This may mean next month's arc would be the last.

i fucking loved nighthawk.

I still think we should have gotten Boundless instead of Blur, she was such a delight in the Great Society.

They should have never made his hair blonde. The white hair looked spiffy and really set him apart.

bump

Marvel looks so hurt in that panel. Wild.

I thought the Retaliators were pretty cool.

DC hasn't done as much with their Marvel rips as Marvel has done with DC rips, but they are used now and then. The Extremists, a buncha marvel supervillain rips, were used all the time for awhile.

Thank you OP. I love the squadron supreme and these were some nice stories.