So how long till Marvel brings back Mockingbird?

So how long till Marvel brings back Mockingbird?

Other urls found in this thread:

hitfix.com/harpy/harassment-of-marvels-mockingbird-author-gives-feminist-comic-sales-boost
amazon.com/Mockingbird-Vol-My-Feminist-Agenda/dp/1302901230/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1477655466&sr=1-1&keywords=mockingbird feminist agenda&linkCode=sl1&tag=richjohnston-20&linkId=702a76a379c7228b4ccf3a773958ac50
theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress
gocomics.com/bloomcounty/1985/05/23
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hope they do. I always get a kick out of seeing the drop off in sales from issue #1 to #2

>You mean we have to KEEP buying the comic?

>bestselling out of Marvel titles
Marvel sells like shit in TPB so even being top doesn't mean it actually sold very well.

> comics are rigged against people who don't buy them

so it can get cancelled again?

Not really. They sell the most trades at least to comic shops

>Runaways doing so well.

Yes. This is all right. This is "diversity" we want to read without being guilted or pressured to do so.

>My Feminist Agenda

>They sell the most trades at least to comic shops

When you include book stores they're in 5th place. Image trades sell better than Marvel

Depends on if the sales for trades and digital stay consistent. Right now they're getting a boost because of the controversy. If it's consistent then I'd say it's possible they'll bring it back again next year.

Was just released on kindle.

>Mockingbird Vol 1 Amazon best-seller thread deleted

What's even the point getting the kindle version, couldn't you already get it from Comixology since you can merge accounts?

What happened with mockingbird? Did it suck?

Does anyone have a screengrab of what Nick Spencer said immediately after Cain's account was deleted? I can't find an older thread that had it and I think the posts were deleted.

Truly the writer who keeps giving. Sure show'd them GamerGators what was what.

hitfix.com/harpy/harassment-of-marvels-mockingbird-author-gives-feminist-comic-sales-boost

>Author does a shit

>People criticise her book and her on twitter with some slight crude language

(Seriously I've seen people saying that because someone wrote '200% triggered' or because someone called the book reatrded then that constitutes harrassment.)

>Marvel is trying to spin this into buying the book meaning to defend a woman from only misogynists

I assume she slept with him before dropping him off that cliff, then let people think she was raped.

Ah well. It had a really good preview and I remember considering picking up the trade when it came out.

You are in for a boring ride.
I hope you don't care much about continuity.

biggest issue with her book is that it was boring and corgis are a stupid meme dog

The art is nice.

Yes please. Marvel needs to lose tons of money until they learn their lesson.

>literally only one guy
Luckily he reads good comics. Superman would be proud.

Nah I'm gonna pass. I trust your opinion. If marvel wants to pander to people who don't buy comics then so be it.

If the trade ends up selling so well then they won';t end up losing money, they'll make money.

>Does anyone have a screengrab of what Nick Spencer said immediately after Cain's account was deleted?
I only bothered to save the bit where he, briefly, acknowledged reality; but here you go!

Oh hey look at that runaways is no.2 on that list

You have your fucking answer right there op

He won't read Green Arrow until they bring back Connor Hawke. That guy's a loon.

Not gonna happen though. SJW bucks only go so far.

>a bunch of self proclaimed experts on comics sales thought he invented the term Wednesday Warrior

Thank KEK mockingbirds cancelled

Their main source of income is in floppies not trades. Floppy sales matter more.

they will not learn anything
Disney will keep them going

>Marvel is trying to spin this into buying the book
Using controversy for short term gains is Marbles S.O.P. famalam.

>hating on corgis

Have you no joy in your soul?

don't you see? These brave women are risking their LIVES making these wonderful comics

Hope you like talking about the patriarchy and tampons, user.

>Implying it was a false-flag or troll

Now they're pointing to an obvious - and mild - troll as the "harasser"?

>talking about the patriarchy and tampons
You should have posted the bit where she was, you know, LITERALLY TALKING ABOUT TAMPONS! (nevermind: here ya go!)

Those fucking tweets scream of false-flagging. So most likely it was a femishit pretending to be a """"harasser"""".

I've been thinking about what would be done to fix the stupid parts of this comic. The only things I've come up with is that it was somehow impossible for women to get superpowers. Also thinking about it, that twist with the rape part feels like she really enjoyed Gone Girl and wanted to try to emulate it. The problem with that is Mockingbird is at least supposed to be a hero.

Volume 2 is literally titled: "My Feminist Agenda"

amazon.com/Mockingbird-Vol-My-Feminist-Agenda/dp/1302901230/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1477655466&sr=1-1&keywords=mockingbird feminist agenda&linkCode=sl1&tag=richjohnston-20&linkId=702a76a379c7228b4ccf3a773958ac50

>they will not learn anything
>Disney will keep them going
That's not going to help the poor bastards who run the LCS though, is it?

That's not talking about tampons. That's talking about people not talking about tampons.

Nah he seems genuine to me. I've seen my fair share of false flags.

If it were a false flag, he wouldn't have been so nice about it.

Everyday until you like it.

It's so dumb. Why can't a comics shop just choose which products they want to shelf? I think that would be way better. Ignore all the bad stuff, add in the good stuff.

That happens way more often this day and age, exially on twitter and other social media. Gives people a reason to claim dem victim points which for all intents and purposes are currency now.

I argued that the shit oblivious wasn't harassment on a marvel subreddit on plebbit, but it is apparently filled with over sensitive faggots. These are the peole Marvel uses the tactic on to buy the book, gives them a warm feeling in their tummy when they think they defend women against misogynists.

>Yehudi Mercado
Jewish given name and Hispanic family name. Fucking progressive, woman.

FRANK CHO VARIANT WHEN
I WANT A CHO VARIANT WITH KEKINGBIRD INSTEAD OF SPIDER-GWEN

Lol.

Yeah, who the fuck needs proof?

Dude, on the threads about the subject plenty of People false flag on this way. These want to make the opposition look patethic, not menacing.

I'm the one who came up with this idea and requested it to be made. Thank you to whoever created it.

Not sure if ironic or not

Google "Sepharadi"

>Bullshit pretentious society is fucked man attitude
>literally wearing a shirt that says girl power

anyone who can look at this and not roll their eyes at just how lame it is I know for sure is dumber than me.

I haven't read much Sebela, but so far he doesn't seem to be a sjw.

>Sepharadi
Jews who were expelled from Spain in the 15th century, if I remember my History lessons correctly?

He is completely genuine in every single one of his ridiculous beliefs.

>Risking their safety

This is the mindset of a person that has never truly faced a struggle in their life.

yeah, the storeowners may probably drop them

Is he /our/ guy?

It's doubly ironic when you consider how militant sjws get whenever someone pisses them off.

>Why can't a comics shop just choose which products they want to shelf?
You have to order shit months beforehand (so you have to guess how well something will sell); second in the case of things like Marvel's zillion Variants you have to order multiples that you pretty much KNOW you wont be able to sell in order to get them and hope you make enough off of them to offset the damage.

SJWaid outright told a guy to fuck off when the person calmly and politely asked to see some of the harrasment.

Screen shots?

Christina Sommers seems to be aware of this whole debacle. I'd love to see her smack some shits like Waid who try to talk down to her.

I'm 22 years old and I don't know where we all went wrong. I now understand they people bitching about their generation being shit.

Look at his stupid tweets.

>Why can't a comics shop just choose which products they want to shelf?
Because comic shops can't rally afford to be picky. Comics are already an incredibly niche market. If you make buying options limited, you're decreasing the total amount of possible buyers for your wares.

>some shits like Waid who try to talk down to her
I think the technical term is "patronize" although SJWs seem to like the sexist "mansplaining" without seeing the obvious irony.

Those Walking Dead sales.

Same here. If they brought that trainwreck back I'd hope for a +90% dropoff.

Is she the feminist version of a coon?

Ah, user, but people ARE talking about tampons and Mockingbird is happy about it.

Anyone have the cap of the LCS owner who only sold a single copy of issue #8?

>risk their safety to make comics better
I've never seen this level of delusion before.

That's one copy too many.

My fucking god, these retards.

This is 'Listen and Believe' shit from Anita. God this is fucking GG all over again, if only in lesser degree.

>collects microscopes and knives
For what purpose?

But this time Marvel is already paying the price. Their feminist shilling killed their comic sales and if they want to continue down that path then let them. And from their ashes we will build a new empire...

>$16 for a murder that can't remember any female heroes and loves corgis

No thank you

The PC police got a dude who helped land a rocket on moving comet to break down crying and crawling on camera because he wore a shirt.

theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress

It's quirky xD

But they're getting a big boost in something that obviously wouldn't have sold had this "controversy" not happened.
Their feminist pandering doesn't hurt them really and gets them all sorts of retarded brownie points.
Only recently did DC begin working them over

>I don't know where we all went wrong.
Gen-X'er checking in: you didn't. We had fuckwits in my generation too. What you're dealing with that no one else ever had to deal with is the internet and the pervasiveness of Social Media that is literally DESIGNED to not only allow but encourage people to form echo chambers.

gocomics.com/bloomcounty/1985/05/23

>But they're getting a big boost in something that obviously wouldn't have sold had this "controversy" not happened.
Nah. It's just gonna be an even bigger joke when the second trade flops completely.

Reminder that this was the chick that was ecstatic that she smuggled the word 'tampon' subtly into the third issue. I knew somewhere along the path the failure would be blamed on the male audience.

That's a literal fucking troll he's using as fodder for his comic

It's funny how roles have reversed in the these people.
>Make a valid point/argument for your opinion
>Lolololol look at the loser manbaby troll everyone
>Troll spouts the worst bait ever
>This is what the horrible fandom looks like everyone

>helped land a rocket on moving comet
Euh?

This shit is nothing new. Hippies were prevalent in the 60s and 70s, marxists in the 80s and these modern cry-babies are cut of the same cloth. The only difference the technology.

It was going to flop anyways and their second trade is already up there. This is the best thing that could've happened to that shit comic.
Poe's law there's really no telling what is and isn't ironic at this point.

Or some spacecraft... probe, perhaps? I don't know the specific term for it.

Oh, I got it; that probe that landed on a comet, I remember.

Well, a nerd isn't exactly an alpha male so it makes sense that he shat his pants in front of the police.

Whelp.

>would be blamed on the male audience.

Which is funny considering it was mostly women who complained about the retcon.