Episode 18 is non canon

anyone got a pic/gif of Mr. C on fire?

suggestibility.org/

THE DEAD SHALL DEAD REMAIN.
SEASON 03 WAS A MISTAKE.

>been trying to sleep for the last hour and a half
>keep thinking of this and hearing the scream

Welp, guess I'll hope a glass of rum can knock me out

To the people who might have been confused by the end or think there's plot inconsistencies, while I won't go into any theories specifically or deny any criticism you might have. I do think it's important to understand several parallels drawn by David Lynch and where he took inspiration from to truly get what he was going for. I'm not going to explain any theory in and of itself, but I will try to lay a general line of thinking out on the table.
There's a clear inspiration taken by Lynch from a certain genre of anime, in particular the likes of Angel Beats (2010) and Charlotte (2015). Both heavily criticized for doing the exact same thing Twin Peaks did but it really does all fit together well if you're of an high IQ enough to understand and appreciate this type of story. I know this might come of as unbelievable but there's many similarities here and if you want a less complex version that might help you understand the Season 3 Finale of Twin Peaks I think it's best to have seen the aforementioned shows.
They might be a little rough, and things might seem odd. But that's exactly why it compares so well to Twin Peaks. You can see, going from the first to the second show the time that has passed in real time reflects within the show itself. AB (?) C (?). It's a rollercoaster ride much like Twin Peaks was (is? season 4?) and will likely help you answer many of the problems you might have had with the ending of the third season of Twin Peaks. They're diamonds in the rough. But at the end of the day you can better understand Lynch as a person, a creator if you have seen the works so brilliantly parodied by him.

If you've got 10 hours of free time, and want to understand Twin Peaks on a much higher plane, consume these 2 shows. Thank me later.

Vedderchecked

>Cooper: Phillip?
>Phillip: Please, be specific
>Cooper: The date, February 23rd, 1989
>Phillip: I'll find it for ya
>Phillip: It's slippery in here
>Phillip: It's good to see you again, Cooper
>Phillip: Say hello to Gordon if you see him
>Phillip: He'll remember the unofficial version(???)
>Phillip: This is where you find Judy
>Phillip: There may be someone
>Phillip: Did you ask me this?

>Phillip: Cooper remember...
>MIKE: ELECTRICITY

I didn't expect to like Mulholland Drive 2.0 quite this much

And you thought the ride was over tonight

SHERYL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

F

I got serious No Country for Old Men vibes from episode 18. The lighting, set design and camera work was astounding. Words fail to describe how satisfied I am with this season

what did it smell like, lads?

So we can all agree Episode 17 is one of the best episodes and Episode 18 is the worst, right?

You'll never bring her back bros. ;_;

Dunno if true, but precisely at the it dawned on me - are all her screams taking place at the same time? The final episode fucked me up. I was honestly expecting something with a much lighter tone. Fucking Lynched. 100% kino.

S-sorry I don't browse Sup Forums very much. Is it a new season or something? What is it about?

I DON'T GEEEEEEEEEEEEET IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

no.

Is Audrey kill?

I thought you guys said she was sickly, she looked great.

no.

Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Eddie Vedder recorded a song that plays during Twin Peaks. It confirms Agent Cooper never gets his mind back. (Pic is evil Cooper)
Listen youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM

Will there be another movie?

17 was okay, but the green fist guy fighting Bob and so many shots of people looking shocked was hokey as hell.

18 was awful.

So how many actors/artists lost their minds after S3?

S3+ poll:

strawpoll.me/13857084

I can't stop thinking about the scene where Sarah is screaming and stabbing Laura's photo. The music and the lighting is just fucking haunting

we ever find out what this symbol meant?

Contending theories:

Twin Peaks is
>shit completely made up by hack lynch
>godly all time greatest ever kino
>a copy of anime
>a christian allegory
>50+ mature adult softcore

When the '8' turns around then the little black dot in it moves around, I guess that is the visual representation of moving Cooper back in time?

Why is MIKE so cool about people going into the black lodge and visiting Jeffries? If Jeffries is a person and not a lodge spirit how is he doing this shit?

F

What was the connection between the trailer park and the main plot?

Episode 18 is a shit series end, a great season end.

Episode 17 was the normie ending (focused on the town of Twin Peaks and muh comfy ensemble cast)

Episode 18 was the kino ending (focused on Laura and her suffering

This is literally like the show vs. FWWM

the fact that she can't destroy the photo itself seems to be a good sign

>Be FBI Agent named Richard
>Quiet, stern, problems with lack of empathy
>Be in love with secretary named Linda
>Drive by local restaurant named "Judy" everyday. bad things happen there
>Wish you could be better, a better person
>Wish you could be a better agent, doing good things that actually matter, but don't seem to catch a break
>Have hero complex, wish you were dealing with grandiose problems concerning the human existence in all dimensions, maybe some astral entities would help you or something
>Dream
>Everything's fixed
>You are Dale Cooper, the person you aim to be
>Everyone loves you
>Dream turns to nightmare
>You now have to fight your projected, evil self
>Chromatics starts playing

Yep, makes total sense...

>angel beats
>higher plane

You forgot 1
>black granny kino

>No Country for Old Men vibes from episode 18

Literally shot in the same city as part of the that movie, c'mon user step it up.

Imagine the smell

Fucking kill yourself.

>watch out for the one I told you about, under the moon

You'll get another Mark Frost book in October.

That's it.

Does anyone remember where the noise from episode 17 was from when Laura disappeared in the woods? The moment you hear it, coop looks back. It was earlier in this season I just don't remember which episode.

Lol

That image of that living room, and of Laura walking through the woods holding Coop's hand...that's gonna stay with me a long time.

>no Chet
FUCK this memeseason

Josie humming while Pete went for a fish was pretty stressful.

episode 18 is the Ultimate Lynching, the biggest of his career. god bless this man

Dunno why people are still saying Sarah was inhabited by the mother when it was shown multiple times to be the jumping man. Basically jumping man is the familiar of the Tremonds the way Bob was the familiar of Mike. That's why they 'own' the house. The distorted scream from Sarah at the end wasn't a memory, it was Sarah still inhabited and controlled screaming to Laura from the house, and sending her into one last fit of existential terror.

The user talking about Orpheus earlier was spot on. Cooper couldn't help himself, he had to look back and in doing so ruined everything.

Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Julee Cruise recorded a song that proves the facts of the finale. It confirms Julee never gets her mind back. (Pic is crazy Julee)
Listen youtu.be/MvCp0XtXYXw

You haven't thought of the smell, you bitch!

i figured it was the bug in episode 8. therefore it's mother or judy or both

yourself

You can't critize AB if you haven't seen the sequel. I bet you thought the Twin Peaks prequel was bad too.

This.

Does this 2:53 stuff show up in S1 or S2?

Because it is in FWWM and S3.

See pic, and your post

>Sam Stanley will never give you the glad hand

why even live

Quick Thoughts on Part 18 -

Ugh. It was just awful. Single-handedly the worst episode of any TV show I've ever seen. The worst finale ever.

And I usually hate it when people say things like that and jump in to defend the writers/creators. But this was just awful. Even leaving aside the dashed/hopes expectations (of seeing Audrey again, of seeing a battle or a reunion between Laura and Sarah) it was dull. Even if it is somehow explained through a lot of creative apologist revisionist criticism and there's some deep metaphysical or metafictional explanation to Odessa and Carrie Page, it was just dull. I know it might all be a dream - or another level of reality - or Cooper somehow trying to save Laura and prevent/retcon her murder, screwed up reality - blah blah blah. No explanation - no matter how clever - can save the fact that it was just a dull, tedious hour of TV. This wasn't "Mulholland Drive" or even "Inland Empire". Even with the latter, when you didn't know what was going on, the visuals and the style was alluring or intriguing or shocking. This was just painfully boring. I've been mixed on this season - veering between disappointed and trying to make the best of it - and always admitted it was not the "Twin Peaks" revival I had dreamed/hoped/longed for, but tried to make the best of it and always respected the creators' choices to follow their own truth and vision, but this was just shit imo.

Ok so....

On a bigger note:

No resolution to Becky. Or Shelley. Or Red. Or Sarah. Or (and this is the hardest to swallow) Audrey. Let alone Annie, et al.

Oh well.

But again, even leaving aside expectations and dashed hopes for plot/character resolution, leaving ALL that aside, even viewing this as some sort of meta anti-narrative, this was just a tedious, boring episode. (That final scene - spoiled by TMZ - had a mildly intriguing Chalfont/Tremond connection, but was otherwise completely lacking in every department.)

Nothing, just like nothing in this is ever solved and nothing has any connection whatsoever.

Yes, 18 episodes set 25 years after the original series, all written and directed by Lynch. Perhaps the most kino thing to ever grace television screens.

Seriously, the sequence of Cooper worriedly saying "What year is it?", Carrie hearing "Laura!" and her scream with the lights going out was fucking terrifying at a visceral level. I don't know when the last time I've been so scared at a 'non-scary moment' was.

It's slippery in here

kek yeah

Mulholland Dr. ending. still love this show to bits tho

an allegorical tale of trump's base

now im gonna see this shit everywhere irl. thanks lynch

True desu

I know user, every time they said his name (twice?) I got so excited.

Mrs chalfont owned a trailer that Teresa banks died in. She also owned the house Laura lived in.

>there was a gigantic animated smoke signal of it this episode but people still ask what it is

lmao dugpa getting lynched

The time adds up to 10, or whatever the fuck the line was

That's Judy

So let me get this straight
>coop returns to twin peaks
>puts away booper
>black door, WARP 1. (Tammy and Gordon left behind)
>cooper in forest now, in the past.
>takes laura
>LOSES LAURA
>fails mission(?), gets sent to lodge again. WARP 2. Loses Laura, and so does that entire timeline.
>same time as from start of season, not alternate timeline.
>gets sent back to twin peaks, meets Diane. WARP 3.
>Diane comes with him and carwarps to black motel. WARP 4.
>they engage in cosmic coitus, Diane gets sacrificed(?)
>this allows for coop to wake up in laura's timeline. WARP 4: Odessa, TX, Year Unknown.
>Cooper operating on inherent knowledge, finds Laura.
>Brings her to twin peaks.
>realizes possibility that they are in a completely jumbled timeline.
>Laura gets spoked, rees as usual.
>the end.

How'd I do? What am I to gain from this?

maybe the best part is we'll be talking about forever

absolutely kekd at those tabs

I wonder if this was a new shot with a stand in or cutting room B roll type stuff from the original pilot shoots.

you got it ass backwards m8

18 is incredible

the final scene had me tearing up. the only other time david lynch has emotionally affected me like that is the final scenes of eraserhead

Q: So the quality is on par with the original?

A: Of course, it’s David! He has so much depth. He has an incredible spiritual connection. He has all of us doing [transcendental meditation] on set.
I think [the reboot] will probably, hopefully, be some of his best work. The beauty of age is we grow, we learn. We have more wisdom. And as much as the youth-glorifying Hollywood would like us to believe, it’s nothing. They’re wrong.

Q: Are you new to transcendental meditation?

A: Now it’s been almost two years since I started. I went to see David. We were drinking coffee, and I said, “Oh this is wrong. And this.” He said, “Sherilyn Fenn, you’re a mess. You need TM!” He hooked me up with a wonderful teacher. It’s life-changing.

I think it's starting to make more sense to me. First of all there was no actual time travel in this show, Cooper did not go back in time or do any shit like that. What I think happened is at some point in episode 17 (maybe when his face is superimposed or maybe when he enters his "room") Cooper enters into another "realm" the dream realm. Inside this realm Cooper's subconscious desires manifest themselves into reality. The first two are his desire to overcome his mistakes, for instance failing to prevent Laura's death, falling for the arm's trap. In the dream sequence we see him overcome both of these because it's what he wished he could have done. Then there is his desire to be with Diane and to make love to her. Then there is his desire to play the hero role when he protects the waitress. After that when he meets Carrie Page I think he meets the real Laura Palmer who is in the dream world with him, that's when he takes her to Sarah Palmer's house and something happens when she remembers who she is. I say this because it doesn't seem like Carrie Page is related to anything in Cooper's subconscious but maybe she could be.

That moment in your pic induces a similar feeling. The real pleb filter is whether you understand Laura as a character or not.

Hello dugpa

L

first scene in the series. "it is in our house now"

I unironically agree 100%

>No explanation - no matter how clever - can save the fact that it was just a dull, tedious hour of TV.
what a fucking pleb.

it was one of the most engrossing hours of tv in years.

Which Quinton Tarantino movie is this?

LYNCHED

The mother/Babalon/Judy

Like Gordon said, Jeffries no longer exists in a normal sense. He has basically become a Lodge spirit. Makes me wonder how Chet Desmond is doing.

Was it fucked up to make two former IRL lovers kiss?

meme fodder

it's fucking Judy mate, it's literally a picture of Judy's head who Mr C is trying to get back to

Reminder that we waited years just to see some British kid with a rubber glove punch Bubble Bob to death. He had 25 years and this is the best Lynch could come up with.