I've never read Calvin and Hobbes before. Is there a got site to read them all...

I've never read Calvin and Hobbes before. Is there a got site to read them all? Also what do you guys think of the strips?

Other urls found in this thread:

gocomics.com/
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Calvin-and-Hobbes
youtube.com/watch?v=QyXJfUPSQhM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I've never read Calvin and Hobbes before.

>I've never read Calvin and Hobbes before.
Go to your local library nigga

Watterson doesn't want people posting them online and it's mostly respected. The Essential Calvin and Hobbes or The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes are both pretty cheap and have lots of good strips.

Doesn't GoComics have them online?

I liked them at first but I lost interest pretty quickly when it became clear they were never going to fuck.

Dad used to read it to me before I learned to read. It's great and probably had a huge impact on how I turned up as a person.

Wow I guess they do. Learn something every day.

I'm sorry. 20 years old is a bit late, but I feel it's something I need to experience.

Jesus...

This is the ride you're in for you know.

Susie is kind of an asshole. Also when they're teenagers, her and Calvin...

it's basically one of the best comics of all time

Seeing new calvin and hobbes strips in the newspaper was my daily treat when I was a kid. I even started cutting and pasting them into a scrapbook to make my own collection. Some of my favorite memories

Somehow, despite all that arguing, the two of them still kept hanging out.

>Susie is kind of an asshole
Only because Calvin was. Every time she kicked his ass it was justified.

you think? Im two years older and my grade school loved Calvin and Hobbes.

Calvin and Hobbes is a bandwagon trend, because its "popular", everyone must like it

Except its often shit

Nobody respond to the stupid faggot above me.

what the fuck are you doing here asking? read that shit RIGHT NOW.

keep sucking them cocks LOL

Actually, some C&H are decent, but by fuck its overrated so much

oh fuck off, anyone who doesnt like it is full of shit.

You can at least appreciate the art and humor. Maybe it became too much about Watterson's thoughts and opinions by the end, but the strip is still incredible and poignant.

>Pretentious comic but it's a kid acting wise beyond his years but with his imaginary tiger toy friend so it's supposed to be good

The average Garfield strip is better than Calvin and Hobbes and that's fucking sad

As said, they're on gocomics.com/ Far Side is the one that's not hosted much.

The first couple years of C&H are a little rougher, and a couple of elements don't return (scouting, Uncle Max, etc.) The art gets really polished though, especially after the publishers granted Watterson full control of his Sunday strip paneling.

>I dont like it as much as other people
>Obviously its overrated as fuck

I dont get your logic.

Biggest thing that puts me off Calvin and Hobbes is the way Watterson totally shat on his readership and fanbase, utter arsehole of a man imo

>kid acting wise beyond his years

Oh like youre doing right now?

Please provide examples

Not that I don't believe you, but it's something I never heard of before.

I guess Watterson turned into Kelly

0/10

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Calvin-and-Hobbes

How it should have ended

I enjoyed it. I don't consider it an insightful tour de force or a bastion of wisdom in a wasteland of absurdity. It's doubtful I had that impression when I was first handed a collection of strips years ago. But it makes me smile, it's clever, and the art is very good. Especially when compared to so many other newspaper comics.

How it really ended

Fantastic.
>captcha Principle Cooties
You might be on to something...

Ow the edge

youtube.com/watch?v=QyXJfUPSQhM

>quit after doing everything he wanted to with his characters
>refused to let others fuck with his legacy
>shat on his fanbase
I don't follow...

Calvins Fanbase is the 90s equiv of MLP, its a certain mindset that things its the best thing ever, and consider themselves edgy and above others

Notice how you really didn't say anything.

Do a bit more research there pal ...

Can you restate what you said without using buzzwords?

Or you could post something, because as far as I know he only refused to turn C&H into a franchise, which isn't shitting on anyone.

Hell, the man used to sign his books and leave them on bookshelves, until assholes decided to sell them.

Give me some examples of his fuckery, please

Allow me then, Calvin and Hobbes fans are sweaty neckbeards who are now in their late 30s, 40s or even 50s, and probably have images of the strip on their bedroom walls.
They never leave the rooms only to shower a month and fight with a ferocity of a 1000 suns exploding if anyone speaks out against what they consider the pinnacle of amusement, when really it was ok, but nothing that special

You really have no idea how much that man advanced the art of the syndicated comic, do you?

"I remember hearing how [Bill Watterson] attended a comic convention and announced beforehand that he would not sign any autographs or give any interviews. I never understood this kind of attitude. Like it or not, this is a commercial industry we're in and it carries certain obligations. If you want to be a serious artist, go take up painting."

Advanced the art of syndicated comics?

WTF, go read some popeye you blinkered fool

Must suck to be too young to remember the days when you'd read comics in newspapers. Their "fanbase" is pretty much everyone who'd ever read a sunday morning newspaper.

Wow, never thought I'd completely disagree with Schultz, of all people.

You aren't trying hard enough.

this is a must read !!!!!
matter of fact these books taught me to read because there so neet.
all neets you must read them all you will love.

>If you want to be a serious artist, go take up painting.
It's funny because Watterson did just that.

FWIW, you're not. It looks like user wrote that himself.

What sort of person would just lie on the internet like that?

Popeye is great, but how is that a rebuttal?

Go outside sometime, theres more to life than Calvin and Hobbes

Popeye was a product of the late 1920s, Calvin and Hobbes came slightly later

That's rich, coming from something with nothing better to do than troll threads he doesn't like.

"I will sell my soul because my job description warrants it".

Fuck off. Bill made something great and precious, and refused to cheapen it.

Why is one of the greatest comic strip writers of all time such a recluse?

Lies! There is nothing more to life.

Such as 4 chan

Because it's nice to have privacy.

He writes about a kid who has no friends other then a stuffed animal. Doesn't sound like he was the most popular kid in school.

They do eventually fuck.

BATS AREN'T BUGS!

>people think that because Calvin's a cynical smart-ass in the handful of comics they've seen on their meme sites that this is the strip's dominant tone

False. Bats are indeed a type of bug. The creepy type.

>Who's doing the report here, me or you chowderheads!?

Eh? When did Schulz sell out? His strip was like his diary for half a century.

I don't think you read the comic

Did you completely misunderstand what was typed there?

I've owned every compilation ever released.

I believe came from the interview Schulz gave to the University of Minnesota in 1997, which was the last one before he died.

"My entire life has been tragic if you think about it. I'm 75 and the only thing I've ever accomplished in life was drawing a comic strip."

Watterson is kind of an idiot because he doesn't understand the economic or stylistic reasons why newspaper comics stopping being huge page-sized epics after WWII.