>no characters
>introduces characters for no purpose
>introduces storylines for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>roadhouse scenes/songs
>student-tier storytelling/editing
>everything above is literally cringe-tier in concept and implementation
>somehow the best thing in tv history

Dale blocked his own happy ending by destroying the Fireman's weapon against the Black :Lodge

WHY WAS SARAH IN THE HOUSE

WHY WAS SARAH IN THE HOUUSEE

Entire season could have just been episodes 1 2 3 8 15 16 17 18.

Prove me wrong.

To the people who might have been confused by the end or think there's plot inconsistencies, while I won't go into any theories specifically or deny any criticism you might have. I do think it's important to understand several parallels drawn by David Lynch and where he took inspiration from to truly get what he was going for (or was trying to go for). I'm not going to explain any theory in and of itself, but I will try to lay a general line of thinking out on the table.

There's a clear inspiration taken by Lynch from a certain genre of anime, in particular the likes of Angel Beats (2010) and Charlotte (2015). Both heavily criticized for doing the exact same thing Twin Peaks did but it really does all fit together well if you're of an high IQ enough to understand and appreciate this type of story. I know this might come of as unbelievable but there's many similarities here and if you want a less complex version that might help you understand the Season 3 Finale of Twin Peaks I think it's best to have seen the aforementioned shows.
They might be a little rough, and things might seem odd. But that's exactly why it compares so well to Twin Peaks. You can see, going from the first to the second show the time that has passed in real time reflects within the show itself. AB (?) C (?). It's a rollercoaster ride much like Twin Peaks was (is? season 4?) and will likely help you answer many of the problems you might have had with the ending of the third season of Twin Peaks. They're diamonds in the rough. They're the crude oil running through the veins of our inner sanctum. But at the end of the day you can better understand Lynch as a person, a creator, and, most importantly, a human. What his eyes saw and what he tried to reflect. Through the works so brilliantly parodied by him that go beyond a subconscious mind.

If you've got 10 hours of free time, and want to understand Twin Peaks on a much higher plane, consume these 2 shows. Thank me later.

>not liking based hawk
just go m8

>Sup Forumsedditor gets lynched
duh

WHO DO YOU THINK THAT IS THERE?

Who was the girl screaming on the floor of the roadhouse in couple episodes ago?

Toss in one more and you have 9, the original episode order by Showtime which would have been better.

Is this pasta? Good fuck

i'm hoping for a missing pieces style deleted scenes dump. praying to monica beluci, high priestess of pottery

This has to have been lynch's most depressing / darkest ending since Mulholland Drive, right?

>Billy

Because she's still Judy and she still won

Has any official statement been released after the finale or is everyone in production keeping silent?

two things in this world david lynch loves
>Sheryl Lee screaming
>Laura Dern fucking
that's why he's the only one happy with this ending

>almost everything in the season was a distraction for the finale
From the moment they walk down the steps to when the screen goes black, I've never been so haunted in my life. It was worth the entire trip, and I sincerely hope that this is where Twin Peaks ends.

youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk
>Now You’re Just A Stranger’s Dream
>I Took Your Picture From The Frame
It's just like episode 18

because she's judy now and judy is everywhere and everything

She accidentally saw the dailies for episode 18.

>enjoying discussing

Wanker.

> what you're doing isn't a waste

Looking down on you retards brings me nothing but joy. I also know that regular posters are faltering in their belief it adds up to anything, it's all over the thread. Come to the light.

>It was one of the most rewarding seasons of television I have watched my entire life.

Right, and unlike the pathetic attempts of everyone else in these threads, you Really Understand™ what he meant. First year student of some worthless humanities degree on full display.

what did he mean by this line? was it about Booper?? will we ever find out???

this. another season would be shit.

just let it die.

this was an amazing ending.

>tfw no endgame, just offscreen crimes

WE'RE NOT GONNA TALK ABOUT BILLY

No, it's genuine

Everyone agreed months ago Jeffries was referring to booper but fucked up and was in 1989.

wow you're retarded lmao

Ur mad bro

Lot of words but no argument to be found :(

Why did Lynch dick us around so hard with all this endless Dougie bullshit for multiple episodes

true. imho i think lynch was just doing this as a favor to everyone from the original series, i mean, the majority of the cast, haven't really worked in a long time / didn't do many things of note after twin peaks. he brought back so many people even if it was for just a single scene with a line or not even a line, but they got paid.

THERE THEY ARE ALBERT

>scream
>fade to black
>literally the ending of a generic slasher/horror movie
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *inhales* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jeffries said Dopplecoop already met Judy, but as far as I can think, he hasn't actually met the experiment/judy?

Or did he mean actual cooper had met sarah palmer? Was sarah possessed in season 1 and 2?

THERE THEY ARE ALBERT

One buttblasted redditor.

The Dougie parts were the the only parts that were both entertaining and connected to the main plot.

Then fuck off. Go somewhere else nigger cunt. No one wants to hear about those anime s!!!

He was right about everything.

The finale was Lynch taunting everyone about the allegations while laughing them off.

why do people get so upset about bad endings? holy fucking shit

I would have rather the series just ended with Cooper stuck as Dougie

Name five(5) slasher movies that do this

>Why did Lynch dick us around so hard with all this endless Dougie bullshit for multiple episodes

How else would you appreciate:

1. The unconnected scene of new Dougie hugging his family, that could have just been cut out of the episode with no narrative change.

2. The mitchum brothers dropping quips and Candie bringing sandwiches in episode 17 right before everyone gets LYNCHED.

>Was sarah possessed in season 1 and 2?

In the season 2 finale Sarah talks about the black lodge backwards

I wasn't browsing /tpg/ months ago....

Nah I'm just joining in. You sound really stupid, so I thought I'd let you know. Now piss off.

So who the FUCK was the guy in the jail cell? Lynch???

this show is really good. friends, and stranger-friends, i'd like to know if you all agree. reply to this post in any manner you wish to say you agree that this show is really good.

I really liked the ending. If it's a season finale, it sets up a really interesting problem to solve. If it's a series finale, it's a really tragic Twilight Zone scenario. Either way I'm happy.

its a 3 day weekend here in MAGA land, everyone is probably too wasted/high on drugs to give a fuck. everyone got paid anyway.

Subverting expectation. Quite literally everybody was expecting a 'I am the FBI :D' happy ending where everything gets resolved. Lynched, plain and simple.

Sarah has probably been possessed to some extent since 1956

Gonna keep posting this?

>she got scared when she learned the truth
>bad end
The most triggered character was Judy. I'd call that a win.

Why are you yelling?

Lynch has stated his opinion very clearly: the audience lives in a pipe-dream. You buy the hype, you live with the results.

Bc it was a good ending and they don't see it?

how do I get a cute thicc old lady GF like this?

it was so important to have the Mitchum brothers fly across state lines so they could watch oi m8 punch a flying spaghetti meatball into the floor

did coop not ask about the body because he knows it's a dream?

>months ago
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

because cooper would have solved everything immediately if he came out normal

and it was fucking comfy

JOBSWORF

>tfw that weird scene where Bobby and Shelly repeat their conversation from the pilot now has completely different implications in the light of different timelines

It's time for another thread of tears.

>"Say Harry, why don't you get us some coffee and cherry pie? Damn fine coffee!"

>The redditor chuckled, all was well in the world

Just got Lynched so hard, damn. Gonna rewatch tomorrow but, damn.

That sex scene was painful

The hotel Cooper woke up in was different than the hotel the previous night.

The Dougie scenes were some of the best in the entire show. He wasn't "dicking us around", he was creating quality content.

I think I get most of it. Any questions?

knock on one's door and tell them their mother's name is really Sarah

I do not like the blacks

>Original series was about a small town torn apart by a murder, some supernatural spice thrown in that could be seen as a symbol of 'the evil that men do'
>Season 3 is about an eldritch horror doing battle with the fireman, time travel and 10 minute sweeping scenes
What did Lynch mean by this?

So you'd get

Friendly reminder that Vedderposters were right
Listen youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM

It was Billy, whoever the fuck that is.

THIS IS WHERE WE LIVE, SHELLY

Goodness her ass in those jeans.

i'll bet your british

>S1 and 2 literally LYNCHED
literally no point in watching them anymore
FWWM and S3 are all you need

palmer house number 108 = 9, not complete/perfect

Yeah. What the FUCK?

>no set design, empty, no life
>no interesting ideas for storylines
>no acting (Horse, Bell, Lynch, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>no characters (one-dimensional at best)
>characters introduced for no purpose
>storylines introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>roadhouse scenes/songs
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters shown walking up stairs completely)
>stretched needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>everything above is literally cringe-tier in concept and implementation
>somehow the best thing in tv history

>Lynch reveals his true power-level by totally blowing Argento-core Italian horror out in favor of Fulci for tone and Bava for color
>tfw the canny fuckers have between one and five more episodes in the can or something and the idea that Showtime will bleed them off with no fanfare or prior warning during reruns over the next five years

WE HAVE TO GET BACK

WE'RE LATE

SHE HASN'T SEEN HIM IN A VERY LONG WHILE

SHE'S SICK

AAAAAAA AAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA AAAAA AAAAAAA AAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA AAAAA

Who screamed Laura???

I am learning hiragana

It is surprisingly straightforward

What weird scene? I'm dumb and can't remember

Yeah, and why did Agent Cooper have long hair in some scenes?

also wanted coop to answer aht call so bad.

Would it have been so much to ask that we get that after 25 fucking years? To feel good about a feel-good ending?