/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

Judy's Edition

Lynched

Other urls found in this thread:

esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a57242/kyle-maclachlan-twin-peaks-the-return-2017-interview/
clyp.it/hvhe2an1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no set design, empty, no life
>no interesting ideas for storylines
>no acting (Horse, Bell, Lynch, Robertson, Dern, ...)
>no characters (one-dimensional at best)
>characters introduced for no purpose
>storylines introduced for no purpose
>everything is supposed to weirdly connect and make sense
>roadhouse scenes/songs
>student-tier storytelling/editing (characters shown walking up stairs completely)
>stretched needlessly, long takes have no particular effect
>everything above is literally cringe-tier in concept and implementation
>obviously delusional and/or inexperienced fanbase perceiving it as particularly meaningful, "deep" or complex
>somehow the best thing in tv history
If you need something to compare it to that doesn't have those problems, try the original Twin Peaks. I have hope you will be able too acquire some taste, too.

New Kyle interview

esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a57242/kyle-maclachlan-twin-peaks-the-return-2017-interview/

nice copypasta

the cooper/diane sex scene is about how he also ruined that relationship because now all she can see is dopplecooper raping her

The saddest part of all of this was how Diane just ceased to exist once the new reality finally took hold.

She's been with Cooper since the very beginning and she's clearly someone he loves very much, just going by his reaction to finally reuniting with her, and the first time they finally get to be together again she disappears from reality or (even worse if you believe in this reddit theory) she was overwritten by a new personality and just forgot about him.

That's what bothers me the most about this ending.

I'm fully convinced people are telling themselves this was great because they want it to be. Where is the brilliance of this show besides KM? I just felt bitter and had to finish it off because I had already sunk so much time watching it this summer. When the show was being twin peaks it was a lot of weird creepy fun but so many parts were unnecessarily long winded and just dragged on forever. So much of this show could of been cut because it was just filler. I didn't expect everything to be tied up in a nice little bow tie but I wasn't expecting a big F U either. It was entirely unsatisfying and I'm just pissed I wasted so much time and money on this. If they just ended it with episode 17 I would of been slightly ok with it but fuck episode 18.

.... it actually sucked, wow

this.

There's a clear inspiration taken by Lynch from a certain genre of anime, in particular the likes of Angel Beats (2010) and Charlotte (2015). Both heavily criticized for doing the exact same thing Twin Peaks did but it really does all fit together well if you're of an high IQ enough to understand and appreciate this type of story.

Fucking hell Sheryl Lee's scream is still bone-chilling after all these years.

why does judy care what happens to laura? Who cares if she escapes?

You are a god and no one can stop you, in this reality or the next

What the fuck did you just fucking say about Episode 18, normie? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the College of Fine Arts, and I’ve been involved in numerous Lynch movie-marathons, and I have seen Mulholland Drive over 300 times. I am educated in dugpa symbolism and I own the biggest Twin Peaks memorabilia collection in the entire US. You are nothing to me but just another normie. You think you can get away with saying that shit about Episode 18 over the Internet? Think again, trucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of fans across the USA and your Showtime account is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call Cherry Pie. You’re going straight to the Black Lodge, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can shit-talk your opinion in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively experienced in posting opinions about Twin Peaks lore, but I have access to the entire history of the Dugpa Forums and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment about how "Episode 18 wasn't a satisfying or coherent finale to the series." was going to bring, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn tulpa. After I'm done, you'll regret you've ever seen anything directed by Lynch. Get a life, punk.

>man i sure am hungry
>judys huh? hope they have coffee
>screech *knocks over trash can*
>doorbell
>wow this decor is a travesty.
>at least the coffee is good. mmmmmmm
>sir time to pay your fucking bill
>no YOU pay my fucking bill
>hey how much for those fries?

To the people who might have been confused by the end or think there's plot inconsistencies, while I won't go into any theories specifically or deny any criticism you might have. I do think it's important to understand several parallels drawn by David Lynch and where he took inspiration from to truly get what he was going for (or was trying to go for). I'm not going to explain any theory in and of itself, but I will try to lay a general line of thinking out on the table.

There's a clear inspiration taken by Lynch from a certain genre of anime, in particular the likes of Angel Beats (2010) and Charlotte (2015). Both heavily criticized for doing the exact same thing Twin Peaks did but it really does all fit together well if you're of an high IQ enough to understand and appreciate this type of story. I know this might come of as unbelievable but there's many similarities here and if you want a less complex version that might help you understand the Season 3 Finale of Twin Peaks I think it's best to have seen the aforementioned shows.
They might be a little rough, and things might seem odd. But that's exactly why it compares so well to Twin Peaks. You can see, going from the first to the second show the time that has passed in real time reflects within the show itself. AB (?) C (?). It's a rollercoaster ride much like Twin Peaks was (is? season 4?) and will likely help you answer many of the problems you might have had with the ending of the third season of Twin Peaks. They're diamonds in the rough. They're the crude oil running through the veins of our inner sanctum. But at the end of the day you can better understand Lynch as a person, a creator, and, most importantly, a human. What his eyes saw and what he tried to reflect. Through the works so brilliantly parodied by him that go beyond a subconscious mind.

If you've got 10 hours of free time, and want to understand Twin Peaks on a much higher plane, consume these 2 shows. Thank me later.

>the people defending the ending are the kind of retards that spout words like "kino" unironically.
Truly the sign of a superior intellect

That whole scene sent shivers down my spine. As soon as Cooper sad "What year is it" My whole body was like almost shaking and then Laura screaming. Jesus christ.

Did we ever find out who made Dougie in the first place? Everyone assumed it was Dopplecoop, but why would he make Dougie? Everyone assumed Dougie was somehow protecting Dopplecoop from going back in the lodge... that didn't really seem true.

What was Naido scared of in the purple zone that was banging on a door?

although it is very obvious, I appreciate the humor behind this bait

sped up voice during the Jumping Man's scene
clyp.it/hvhe2an1

Obviously Laura can stop her, she was specifically created for that purpose.

Anyone else laugh at Diane's Ronald Mcdonald hair?
The second Diane walking out from the pillar was pretty spooky though, reminded me of Inland Empire, any reddit explanations for the second Diane at the motel?

>You are a god and no one can stop you, in this reality or the next

>Forgetting about the based Fireman

WTF did I just watch?? Wh-, uh, help? Did I get mega LYNCHED?

Why is reddit insisting the ending is only bad for Cooper? He didn't save anyone - they literally don't exist, and it's certainly not multiverse related. There's only one world, and the 'unseen' world (where the lodges sit), otherwise called a parallel dimension. Coop saved Laura but didn't know he did (hence the body disappearing off the beach), but he still went to Jeffries so he could go back to 'save' her, when in reality he was being followed by Judy and brought her along with him.

>unconditionally loving, kind and forgiving, even when it comes to murderers and demons
>selflessly risks his life on multiple occasions to save innocent lives
>willing to trade his own soul to save the woman he loves, and rewrite history to save an abused girl he barely knows but knows is suffering horribly
>is rewarded by being trapped in a literal hell dimension for 25 years while a monster with his face goes on a rampage
>then has everything and everyone he's ever loved erased from existence
>all because he tried to do the right thing
>now he's trapped in ANOTHER hellish reality for eternity
Why the fuck does Lynch hate him so much?

time travel going wrong is so lazy. so is "it's just a dream". come on lynch

>tfw you expected the episode would come out this way

The memes and pasta in these threads are the only cure for getting LYNCHED

visualizing herself getting the fuck out of there

I lost my grandma to Alzheimer when I was 9

She physically died when I was 19

She was my only bastion against the demonic behavior of my parents

Things are taken from you, user. Without explanation.

I JUST REALIZED A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION:
If mother/Judy created bob, how come he is looking for her? Why doesn't he know who she is?

He made Dougie so that when Cooper tried to escape the lodge, he would take Dougie's place instead of his. And it worked.

Just watched the final.

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTELY FUCKING WORST FUCKING FINAL I HAVE EVER FUCKING WATCHED

FUCK ALL OF YOU AND ESPECIALLY FUCK LYNCH YOU FUCKING CUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a dream world not a dream. Learn the difference.

seeing >alone just makes me sad. We could've had a great ending. And while by no means it was bad. It's still just seem lackluster

so confirmed?

Why put the guns in the fryer?

Also Diane lodge backstory comes simply from tulpa Diane? Who else said this? I feel like I missed a part.

No, everyone in the old world still exists. All he did was create a Back to the Future 2 style timeline that branched off from the main one.

:(

We definitely got baited into a false sense of security from the high energy from coops return

Never expected coop to make a mistake this time around

>checking Reddit
Out. Now.

clowns are scary. We might have uncovered one of Lynch's childhood traumas

and I still am let down

So you're 28 now?

So, Cooper went to another timeline?

I'm a bit ashamed to say that even after all the stream of consciousness styled narrative and tonal twists, a million side plots and call backs and expanding mythos, I never expected the show to end up being about Laura Palmer again. I'm having a hard time reconciling the first 16 episodes with the last two because they're so unlike the rest in content

The ending felt a lot like the ending of Mulholland Drive, just without the last half an hour that explains what everything meant.

I enjoyed the ride but the ending left too much ambiguous or ignored amd it doesnt feel like an ending. I love lynch's style but he should have just been more direct. 17 was great because the plot progressed and we got to see the fantastical elements that make Twin Peaks worth it.

If Judy was in Sarah since 1957, why didn't Bob do something about her while they lived together for 20+ years?

Timeline in which Laura Palmer never died, so Coop never went to Twin Peaks

And FUCK YOU especially.

The whole drive to Twin Peaks starting from the car following them all the way to their arrival you could feel the tension hard. Then you get a brief reprieve when that woman answers the door and talks to Cooper, only for it to end in such a horrifying way.

Timing Laura's scream with all the lights exploding into darkness has got to be one of Lynch's best shots ever.

whatever technique they used to have young laura palmer meet cooper really worked. going to assume it was really good makeup and CGI.
seeing pete go fishing also hurt.

Things that were good:

- Grace Zabriskie
- Naomi Watts
- Woodsmen
- Bobby
- Episode 8
- Albert and Gordon
- Carl Rodd
- Mitchum Brothers/Candie
- Judy plotline
- edgy Richard Horne

Things which were shitty:

- Diane
- entire Dougie plotline
- Hutch and Chantelle
- Roadhouse nonsense
- the mandatory LYNCHED scene each ep where nothing happens for 5 minutes
- Shelly
- Steven and Becky

implied that coop is still present in the suspended twin peaks-verse right? so it still exists technically because we see Dougie show up. He needed to jump around to save Laura and nail Judy.

You need to go back

Is this real?

Laura may be her antithesis, she was created by the Fireman and his lady friend after witnessing the birth of BOB

We still have no idea how powerful she is, so Laura might have some kind of magical White Lodge mojo.

No he is in a dream world. Isn't this obvious? Rewatch the episode you will see it is clearly a dream world.

she's rei

>Why put the guns in the fryer?
Guns + Fried Food = AMURICUH
based Frost

>that overlaid image of Coop's agonized face over the happy scenes in the sheriff's department
>turns out it's Coop realizing in the future just how badly he screwed up and breaking down because of it

>- entire Dougie plotline
"no"

Yeah, after seeing the crap CGI of the rest of S3, I was genuinely surprised they pulled off something that good.

Was really a seamless effect.

>tfw didn't realize I was going to get LYNCHED until the final 5 minutes

:(

no. he changed the past, so that the future was different. there is nothing indicating a second timeline.

because it wasn't until recently that judy possessed sarah. judy was terrorizing diane as a faceless monster. who was it that made that box to trap judy, funding that site where they had someone sit in front of several cameras?

I can accept the grim alternate timeline ending

What I can't accept is building badcoop up the whole season just to have him shot in the back, then having that shitshow of a fight between Bob vs Green glove guy

Lynch really doesn't give a shit about narrative I guess

So the rednecks can't just grab them as soon as he exits the diner and start firing at him as he leaves

it looked like a completely different person though. It still worked but you could tell it was some look alike chick.

Cooper: This is all new to you, isn't it?

>Annie: I feel constantly amazed, stunned. Music and people, the way they talk and laugh, and the way some of them are so clearly in love. It's like a foreign language to me. I know just enough of the words to realize how little I understand.

>Cooper: Man, I would love to see the world through your eyes.

Reminder Coopers happy life was Dougie. Once he woke up he was running out of sand. He knew this. That's why he made the spare Dougie. There was no coming back.

Fairly sure it was "crappy" on purpose user.

I checked the time left for the ep when they got in the car to drive to Twin Peaks. When it read "1o mins left" I knew the LYNCHING was inevitable.

that's not rewinding, it's a sped up voice, the same voice is sped up in his new scene. Here it is slowed down
clyp.it/hvhe2an1

so what is more likely:

>Season 3 is mostly David Lynch's story and the (kept) contributions were few and far between

or

>As it turns out, Frost is a bit of a madman himself

I'm still trying to figure out where you guys got the idea Sarah has anything to do with Judy. Everything we see of Sarah implies she's inhabited by the jumping man like Leland was inhabited by Bob. Judy doesn't inhabit anyone, her offspring do.

think I got it lads
Diane was always the dreamer; that's why the series started out with cooper narrating everything to her
in reality diane's name is linda and she had a crush on someone called "richard" who looked like cooper, so she went to bed one night and dreamt up this story between him and a waitress she met one time (carrie page)
her dream ended and laura palmer's began
it's why she's wearing night clothes, lucy giving them to her was just her mind incorporating it as part of the dream

>Albert and Gordon
I thought they were both shadows of their former selves. I hated every scene of their non-investigation.

that was lame/awful as fuck

remember how bad it looked when british boy punched the ground and fire came out?

yeah but before he 'came back' dougie was some fat cheating slob addicted to gambling who his family hated

This was all Frost. That last episode was a lorefest and most people won't admit it yet but it's true.

This Must be another timeline, if it was the same timeline he would've disappeared

Coop himself literally said to everyone in the Sheriff's station that they live inside of a dream. Technically none of it's real. The only over arching entities are Judy/Lodgers. (Tremonds)

the second coop's faced was superimposed over the "bob is dead" celebration scene i knew coop's fate would be fucked

Why are you addressing me as if I created the official subtitles?

This. I thought I was only 25 mins in but there was only 5 mins left.

>mfw

Was Steven a tulpa? What was going on with all that? Was The Roadhouse even real? Was modern day Twin Peaks at all?

Stop trying to make sense of it.

So things that were not in any way related to anything:

- Everything at the Roadhouse at all
- Red & Sparkle (seriously who the fuck was Red)
- Becky & Dipshit
- LITERALLY the entire Horne Family
- Audrey & Charlie
- Who IS Judy?
- Richard & Linda
- The Box
- Pretty much ALL of Dougie's Storyline

And that's not including how Dale literally walks out on his own narrative to try to save Laura, which doesn't work for confusing & generally unexplained reasons.

>there is nothing indicating a second timeline
The new Dougie goes back to Janey-E's house. That implies the old reality still exists co-currently with the new one.

So:

Richard Is Audrey+Booper son

Linda Is Diane+Booper son?

Agreed. I actually thought he might get a happy ending.

Wew lad did we all get lynched.

yep this instilled a sense of dread into the scene

How was he cheating at gambling though?

>he doesn't realize how audrey is related
feel bad for you senpai

>Red & Sparkle (seriously who the fuck was Red)
this one bugs me I thought red was interesting

ONE ONE NINE

>Laura created by the fireman

In which episode does this happens?

bitch did you watch the episode

lol

literally what happened though
the only "real" scene in the entire show is cooper and laura talking in the red room and kissing
diane witnessed it and concocted this whole dream sequence to pretend they weren't a couple so she could have richard/cooper for herself