Can someone explain what's going on in this pic/arc?

Can someone explain what's going on in this pic/arc?

Did Dr. Doom get an Iron Man suit?

2/2

Basically, Doom wants to pick up a clean slate. In the first issue, he explains to some doctor that he's trying to make up for the bad things he did throughout his life.

He makes his way to Tony's place, and looks at Tony's armory figures out that he "needs" to take up Tony's mantle as Ironman.

He seemingly made his own Ironman suit.

Wait a minute. Isn't Doom, all by himself, vastly more powerful than any of Tony's suits, what with his mix of tech and magic?

Yeah but in order to make any "Doom's a good guy now" story not boring as shit, he needed a downgrade. Hence, Stark armor.

Doom doesn't have his armor anymore, because he's been healed in the finale of Secret Wars. Currently, he seems to rely on magic only (or his suit is stuffed with all that defensive tech his armor used to hold).
Tony will get BTFO by Carol on live TV, likely leaving him dead for a while.
In Infamous Iron Man #1, Doom entered Tony's secret armor vault and took one for himself, stating that becoming Iron Man, in Tony's absence, was the right thing to do.
Also, his mom's alive again and watched him through a magic cauldron.

In an alternate universe Iron Doom was written by Hickman.

Maybe he'll do a What If if Bendis fucks it up completely? So we get a glimpse at the glory of Victor?

>Doom doesn't have his armor anymore, because he's been healed

Dooms armor keeps him alive? Or just his face? Q

Actually in Infamous Iron Man #1 they showed that he has been wearing his suit the whole time, he can apparently summon it on command.

Doom's armor wasn't for life support, it was intimidating power armor. If anything the suit disfigured him worse than the original accident, because it was still hot from the forge when Doom said yolo and put it on in FF Annual 2

Any way you spin it, it's a dumb fucking idea. Downgrading Doom for a forced hero arc, go to hell Marvel. Guy was already a hero in my book

hahahaahha in the end, Reed got the last laugh
he fucked off before they could make him do embarrassing shit like this

>he's trying to make up for the bad things he did throughout his life.

But Doom has never done anything bad. He's Marvel's greatest hero.

This guy actually knows wtf he's talking about

>healed in the finale of Secret Wars
Literally thought you meant this at first

I'm old

I like Beyonder Power Doom's quaint living room set.

The woman whom Doom used to love, but then (years later) murdered, sold her soul to demons, and crafted a new set of magical leather armor from her skin would disagree with your assessment.

I still don't get why anyone would want to carry on the legacy of Iron Man of all people.

Being a better Tony Stark is as easy as showing up and not shitting yourself. It's meaningless.

For the greater good (messing with reeds family).

Doom messing with Reed's family is as petty as petty gets. Murdering a former lover and wearing her skin as magic armor in order to do it is fucking monstrous.

For the greater good

This is Kristoff as Dr. Doom (since he was programmed to become a genetic Doom duplicate should Doom ever die), the real Dr. Doom is still in the Infinity Abyss.

It's to sell toys and figures for cheap. Give him a repaint of the new Ironman and fuckers will buy it at conventions.

Or maybe turn the character into something they can use in the MCU.

Should have been trying to emulate the Fantastic 4 instead. Go by Reed's example. Fuck you Bendis. You don't comics.

>healed in the finale of Secret Wars

Reed is Marvel's greatest villain. Opposing villains is what heroes like Doom do.

His former lover should be happy to be used for such a noble purpose.

>the real Dr. Doom is still in the Infinity Abyss.

I'm a little behind, what issue/series do they say this in?

Disgusting heresy.

What will his name be?
Doctor Iron?
Iron Doom?
Doctor Man?
Doom Man?
Doom Guy?

>if Bendis fucks it up completely
>if

I'll tell you exactly what the fuck is going on: Bendis pitched his idea he thought was brilliant, everybody thought it was stupid but no one at Marvel dared to tell him that so now all Marvel plans to have Iron Man as a flagman title have crumbled faster than Registration act.

Oh hi Hickman.

After Tony apparently "kicked the bucket" due to Civil War shenanigans, he decided take Tony's mantle over his dead body (Tony left a hologram behind that expressed non-consent).

By the looks of the picture, Doom is probably fighting Pepper Potts who using the Rescue suit (who probably doesn't like the new change either).

No one probably had any idea of what to do with Doom with the F4 disbanded and FF gone, so when Bendis proposed the idea, everyone probably shrugged and said okay.

Pepper still has her armor?

Looks dumb. I'd be fine with it if he had a tunic or something over it.

>House of Ideas
>No one had any idea

Doom's always been second best in tech to Tony. He's just, you know, also got magic, fighting ability, and tactical skills.

>Doom's always been second best in tech to Tony.

Nope. See, e.g., Doom's Time Platform and armor, which is generally far more powerful than Iron Man's suits.

Just like how the real Star-Lord is still in the Cancerverse, right? ;_;

>He seemingly made his own Ironman suit.
Looks more like he just slapped a coat of paint on one of Tony's new suits.
And if he did make his own suit, why did he feel the need to explain his reasoning to Tony's AI?

Didn't they build that together? You know they constructed said time machine when Doom and Tony were stuck in Medieval times and met King Arthur.

Doom may have reformed, but wearing one of Tony's suits?

He might model a suit he made himself ON Iron Man as a way to show his friendship, but I don't think even now his ego would allow him to wear one of Tony's armors.

In any case, the illustration does not show him putting on one of Tony's armors. It's more like he deploys something he already had with him.

But not in armor tech. When it comes to armor, Tony calls NOBODY his master.

I agree with you in principle user, but I really don't think Bendis gives that much of a shit.
I hope I'm wrong, and the design is just an homage, but I guess we'll find out.

So, with Reed being a god and Maker being a resident of 616, will Doom go against him?

Of course, do you think Benis would let this opportunity pass?