I just finished pic related

I just finished pic related.
How come the Avatar series ended up being such a hurried clusterfuck? Was it because they had less episodes to work with?
Why is this show so bad compared to Aang's?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W5gGEWqO_Ag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was only supposed to last one season, but Nick wanted to milk that cow for all it was worth.

But even that was bad. The show all around was terrible.

To be fair, Aang's series fell apart in season 3. Also, season 1 Korra was a lot better than the progressively disappointing seasons.

It was only supposed to be twelve episodes, so the rest was kind of thrown together in a hurry and it suffered for it.

A combination of time constraints and visual designers thinking they can write good characters and pace good stories based on nothing but the massive ego boost they got from the first property in the series they worked on.

So basically like George Lucas and the prequels.

Nah, you just have bad taste.

>Why is this show so bad compared to Aang's?
Because they never showed Korra's abs.

>Korra was good

HAHAHAHA
Oh my goodness. You like Steven Universe too?

Agree, i've felt that LoK had lots of pretentious things that made the quality of the series drop
If it wasn't for Wan's episodes, this show would've been the absolute waste of my time

Aaron wasn't on the writing team.

Legend of Korra was good, every current airing cartoon sucks, the Force Awakens is worse than the prequels

Season 1 was meant to be mini-series with an unsatisfying ending.

God knows what the fuck happened to seasons 2-4, I guess 3rd one wasn't all that terrible except for Lin's sister. And Kuvira was an all right """""""""""""""""""""villain"""""""""""""""", could've been great actually.

Just because Korra is technically better than at least DisneyXD's Marvel bloc doesn't mean it's actually bad.

Return of the Sith > Force Awakens > Phantom Menace > literal dog shit > Attack of the Clones

>actually good
I mean

The Wan episodes were the worst episodes from a continuity standpoint. They absolutely destroyed established lore.

They don't destroy it as it can all still work together with some apologetics like they meant animals taught them form.

The problem is it gives an unsatisfying answer to everything, while some of the ideas are neat none of it really comes together well and the introduction of those dumb big spirits is the most sloppy attempt at yin yang ever just making them good v evil. And that is teh part which really undermines everything, it turns the avatar into the personification of good when that was never the point

>How come the Avatar series ended up being such a hurried clusterfuck?
The George Lucas Syndrome: turns out, the franchise was originally successful DESPITE its creators, not because of them.

I agree. White kite and black kite were shitty explanations with bad symbolism, but there are still blatant inconsistencies.
>"In the era before the avatar, we bended not the elements, but the energy within ourselves."
lion turtles granted people bending
>people learned bending from watching the animals
lion turtles granted people bending
>the avatar state was a combination of the strength and skill of all of his past lives
It's a power-up from Raava with the skills of the past avatars
This next one really isn't a retcon but something that seemed inconsistant in theme
>The spirit realm is a parallel world, though bizarre, it mirrors the physical realm. It takes meditation and spiritual aptitude to enter
FUCKING PORTALS

>wan episodes were good meme

youtube.com/watch?v=W5gGEWqO_Ag

SECRET TUNNEL
SECRET TUNNEL