Americans are taught in school that they won the Vietnam War

>Americans are taught in school that they won the Vietnam War

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2014/02/10/travel/mcdonalds-opens-in-vietnam/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you guys the top dog in SEA or does that title belongs to indonesia?

Doesn't your pimp get mad when you're not on the street?

Who told you that? Several of my best teachers were Vietnam vets, none of them said anything of the sort.

No we're not. We're taught that the public didn't support the war and how pointless it was. Depending on the State or region it will vary, however one of my teachers outright called all Vietnam Veterans "baby killers".

We didnt really win or lose,

we just fucking left.

>Americans are taught in school

LOL I just finished highschool and never once did we talk about any war other than the Revolutionary War, the Civil War and WW2. and all we learn about those is

>muh freedom
>muh free da slaves
>muh 6 gorillion

Vietnam/cold war is too complicated for american highschoolers and teachers so they just don't teach it.

cnn.com/2014/02/10/travel/mcdonalds-opens-in-vietnam/
cultural victory fuckface

belongs to burma actually

You'll get more into it in college. Especially WW1. Kind of interesting how a bunch of small shitty european kingdoms set off an entire world war.

Let's put it this way.

Suppose you're at a bar, and you pick a fight with some fucking gross, annoying, shrimpy, coke-bottle-glasses-wearing motherfucker. You take him out back and start beating the absolute piss out of him. You break his nose, shatter his eyesocket, break a couple ribs, snap an arm, dislocate a shoulder, and batter and bruise the hell out of him and the only thing that stops you from bringing your boot down on his skull and killing him is that your wife suddenly rushes in and starts grabbing your arms and sobbing and begging you to stop hurting him. So you stop just short of killing the poor bastard and go home to fuck your wife.

The US went almost the entire war without losing a major military encounter and we basically murdered about 10% of the country's adult population. Saying we "lost" the war because liberals guilt tripped us into throwing up our hands and saying "fine" and leaving before we went full-war crimes on the rest of the country is like that bleeding and beaten little cunt you beat up behind the bar lifting up his head and sputtering through his broken teeth long enough to call you a "loser" before slipping into unconsciousness.

You mean the Vietnam Police Action?

because we lost, to the faggots on the homefront

Real reason was to expel Russian advisers which the Chinese did for us on condition we drop out and open trade. Why do you think Nixon went to China?

On the end we got what we wanted, the Russians out.

Never get past WW 1 so....nope

honestly we barely learn shit about the vietnam war. we mostly focus on the revolutionary war and the holocaust which we learn about at least 5 different times

>however one of my teachers outright called all Vietnam Veterans "baby killers".
did she spit on them too?

We did win.

Stop with the shittalking now.
I swear I was a tunnel rat in my previous life. I am ok with the idea that America won because of sheer numbers. It was like classic communism. They died alot and we gave up. Don't get me wrong, Vietnam is better free, but I cannot escape that feeling of having to get in the next hole

not really

the truth is, it wasn't an actual war (see "loss of restraint")

No we're not.

We aren't told about it, outside of a caveat to anything taught about the hippies in the 60's.

No we're not.

Not much people eat burgers though.
>cultural victory fuckface
lyl Bánh mì are superior.

We aren't. Shut your mouth faggot ladyboy.

Nope, history classes in highschool rarely go past Korea.

Am 30 years old, but when I was in school, I was never taught that we won the war.

As a matter of fact, they made us watch that old 70's nbc documentary that made us look pretty bad.

My history teacher was a vietnam vet. He said we could have easily won it with napalm, but our government insisted that we put terrified highschoolers with shitty experimental weapons in a dense jungle to kill a race of people that all look the same because napalm causes excessive collateral damage.

Also, he blamed the media for the anti-war rhetoric that the civilian population fell victim to, and politicians for caring about votes moreso than winning the war, which attributed to us losing. It was like a self-fulfilling prophecy that we lost it, and we could have won it if we used our full military might all at once.

>Americans are taught in school that they won every war
>even the ones were they fabricated an amazing super power as the opponent

>It's the liberals fault we couldn't finish something, whenever we fail, someone forced us to fail!
>It totally wasn't a drawn out war that dissillusioned our soldiers and fucked them over to the rest of their lives!
>It totally wasn't fought to shut down an idea.

We didn't win, there was nothing to win. We were trying to fight thoughts in the jungle.

My favorite part of your spike TV edgy faggot analogy is that you beat the guy up because you dont like how he looks, which is exactly what we did.

God you are a faggot, you must be proud.

No we aren't

>Americans are taught nothing about Thailand

It's because you don't matter. American schools actually teach because of leftist indoctrination that we lost Vietnam. The truth is militarily we were winning but lost the home propaganda war.

But hey... it's 2016 now and the Vietnamese are begging us to kick China out of the South China sea because the gooks have no navy.

Like fuck we are

That's still a loss my dude

I was taught Americans are oppressive and illegal immigrants did nothing wrong in Spanish class.

I'm still fucking pissed they cancelled Tron 3 before it even started and aborted Uprising.
If I ever meet the executive who made hat decision I will actually wring his neck with a rusty cable.

They're so hypocritical about it too

>muh kd ratio
So you lost the revolutionary war then?

No we are not. Nice try though, fuckwit

Im going to laugh about this for the next five minutes.
Edit: I'm done now, I'm gonna add the other bit I was gonna say:
The US hasn't lost any wars since ooooh, about 1814, give or take. We've just gotten stuck in the mud on the way there, and advanced the Marines to the rear on the way out.

No, he was one of those numale type guys, before that really became a thing I guess. This was back in 05, he was super anti war obviously. Had a lot to say about Iraq.

who is taught that? I went to southern school and even we learned that we lost

Wait what? We rarely ever "win" a "war."

wasn't even our war. it was the french.

Yeah, nobody is taught that.

If tomorrow all the things were gone I'd worked for all my life,
And I had to start again with just my children and my wife.
I'd thank my lucky stars to be living here today,
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can't take that away.

And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.

From the lakes of Minnesota, to the hills of Tennessee,
across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea,

From Detroit down to Houston and New York to LA,
Well, there's pride in every American heart,
and it's time to stand and say:

I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.

We are proud because we are brainwashed right? I believe it. Still feels good to have this type of powerful propaganda where fags like you get butt hurt over 'the truth'.

Those who control the present, control the past and those who control the past control the future.

read a book faggot.

>Comment

no we aren't. Every single class just kinda teaches it then moves on never saying what really happened at the end or if it got resolved.

>Kind of interesting how a bunch of small shitty european kingdoms set off an entire world war.

Eh not really. They had been doing that for centuries prior. The difference in WW1 was that it was mechanized warfare that slaughtered generations of men faster than ever before. It's not surprising it started either. Concentrate power into monarchs and centralized government then like all men, they'll eventually have a dick measuring contest.

WW1 was basically a dick measuring contest arms race that because of complicated treaties set off several nations simultaneously into war.

You were obviously in the retard classes. I had ap government about 2 years ago and we definitely went over that dumbass war. Also we were always taught that we had lost it.

I remember being taught in school how paratroopers liberated Denmark because the Danes can't into military and got conquered.

>>ap government

my sides

Wasn't your country committing mass genocide around that time? That's nigger behavior, conclusion you and your kin are all niggers

>America didn't win in Vietnam
>USSR collapses in 1989
>China goes full capitalist in the 90's
>Even Cuba is giving up
>Vietnamese are now bro tier with America
>Pho and cheap Mani pedis in every city

Couldn't have gone better. They did not die in vain

Da fuq

It's actually worse... Americans are taught in school that America was relevant in the Vietnam War. The Vietnamese saw the Americans as a nuisance, not a real enemy like China or the French. To Americans it was a war where America lost its way or something retarded like it that white people tell each other when they're jerking each other off. To the Vietnamese it was a small battle in a greater war. In all honesty the West dropped the ball there since Ho Chi Minh was as pro-America as leaders come until we decided to tell him to fuck off.

says the foreigner about a country he probably didn't grow up in nor went to school in.

I find it fascinating how opinionated everyone from other countries than the USA are about the USA.

Wanna know the amount of times me and my American Patriots have discussed denmark, much less criticized their citizens way of life? Zero.

The objective was to stop the spread of communism in Asia and by interfering it help spread communism from North Vietnam to South Vietnam. Not only was the objective failed, but we were the cause for it.

>Americans are taught
no they're not, their education sucks

It was a tie

I'll keep posting it:

How many American villages got napalmed in that war again?

nope, don't even try. You retreated, North Vietnam won.

>me and my American Patriots
kek, I'm not sure whether you are trolling or actually serious. Similiar to erdoğanlovingroaches

>AP Government

>German children are taught to feel guilty about the holocaust in school

I have to note that Geneva Conference makes Vietnam divided into two parts, not American.

They helped South Vietnam, not created it.

We won the war but lost the occupation. Then in Iraq, we won the war but lost the occupation. Then in Afghanistan, we won the war but lost the occupation.

We will FUCK you up so goddam hard, you'd surrender faster than France. The problem is, we're too soft hearted. We try to peacefully control nations with their cooperation and help, when really they just want us dead. This causes us to fail time and again.

Occupations cannot work in the modern day without complete and total annihilation of all able bodied men and the US of A doesn't have the guts for that.

> 12 year old ladyboys make things up for (you)s while their assholes heal

I was taught we pulled out we as a nation pulled out and that was the start of America's "new winning strategy" we don't win wars anymore. I was taught this during Military Strategies and wars in the Pacific class.

SHART
IN
MART

>vietnam isnt posting
seems like we won to me

No.

Gr8 b8 m8.

We love talking about how the Viets pounded us because they were that good at it.

you guys started losing wars the same way Germany lost ww1

i was taught that north vietnam incaded south vietnam a year after we had them sign an armstice and left and that public support was low so we didn't rejoin the war effort

SEE

still better than doing it in the streets

m8, keep poo memes in the designated poo meme threads, they usually feature a pepe who sharted himself with the words shart in mart in all caps as the thread subject

You missed out

Question: how come you lost the vietnam war? was it because ur an faggot?

>we spend billions of dollars and had thousands of dead and injured soldiers so a bunch of gook farmers can eat a cheeseburger

>implying i give a shit about that war
Vietnamese are not that obsessed about that war you know. Now the thing we need is economic development and kick out the Chinese.

Pee on tree

It's like you've never read a single page about American foreign policy since the 20th century

Doesn't make any sense either.

All australians are taught that vietnam was a complete failure.

DESIGNATED SHITTING NATION

No we're not