What are some examples of successful race/genderbending characters?

What are some examples of successful race/genderbending characters?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t5YtfXUXEYI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The hulk used to be gray

>black fury
>successful
Someone post the comic, I want to laugh at Taskmaster.

Tristan in Camelot 3000

Kingpin before his actor went and died

IDW Jem and the Holograms changed at least half of the characters races.

Stormer is still possibly white but she's Israeli and looks more "exotic" (non-generic white) than before.
Jetta went from a white brit to a half-Japanese black Brit.
Riot went from white to half-Asian and German.
Rio is legit latino instead of ambiguously latino.

Thor to Bill should count as a good example of a race change.

Oh, and Minx is a German of Asian descendent. I believe Malaysian.

All day every day.
youtube.com/watch?v=t5YtfXUXEYI

Emma Frost is a MAN!

Wait, the Stingers finally showed up? Pics?

Samuel Jackson in the movies did not play Nick Fury, he played Samuel Jackson. Samuel Jackson is good at playing Samuel Jackson and that's why people liked him.
Black Nick Fury in the comics is and always have been SHIT.
I would say that even Hasselhoff played a better Nick Fury and I would actually mean it but it doesn't matter, because Samuel Jackson never played Nick Fury, at least Hasselhoff did.

Funny, that's not what it says in the credits

Robert Downey Jr in the movies did not play Iron Man, he played Robert Downey Jr. Robert Downey Jr is good at playing Robert Downey Jr and that's why people liked him.

Do characters like Miles Morales and John Stewart count as racebending? Or no because they're different characters taking up the mantle of a hero persona?

I don't remember anyone complaining about Ben Urich being black in the Netflix Daredevil series.

Tilda as the Ancient One, for both

I did complain about him getting killed though

Ultimate Fury is written to be Samuel Jackson that's why it works

I liked black Fury. He reminded me a lot of the Fury from 1602. Gets the job done no matter what and especially no matter how evil he has to be

Not fucking that. The way they got rid of white Fury for "movie synergy" was insulting

No they're basically their own people. Granted miles is shitty and people only like Jon for the cartoon but that's a separate issue

I'd say no in the case of John because GL was already a legacy title by his time.

Yes in the case of Miles because Spider-Man is Peter Parker is White. Making him half-black/half-hispanic, or introducing a new one as it is completely race swapping. If there were a whole gang of Spider-Men and Miles was but one among many, that would be a different story.

Fury played an excellent Samuel Jackson, which is good, because it's the only time Fury hasn't been a shit character.

So yes, successful transplant.

Every Netflix show has to have a dead black old guy

Old black guys tend to die. It's a side effect of being old.

She's basically Lady Clark in the show.

Psylocke. Probably the most successful example at that.