/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Heroes of the Clone Wars Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Poe Dameron #7
Star Wars #24
Star Wars Propaganda (A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy)

>Rebels 3.05: "The Last Battle"
mega.nz/#!EcMliQzJ!57h6_tK3td_9tzfKg-q8b4jHmRa6zBdHP2BorLLmjEc

>Rebels Recon #3.05: Inside "The Last Battle"
youtu.be/VwNkxoTruNY

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Official Trailer #2:
youtu.be/sC9abcLLQpI

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide: (Update coming soon)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

>The Clone Wars Recommendation Guide
imgur.com/N76MfC0.jpg

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_episode_i_the_phantom_menace/
rottentomatoes.com/m/empire_strikes_back
rogerebert.com/reviews/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-1999
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is she, /swco/?

Typically when you see a movie it is filmed with people on sets.

When you composite people over the backgrounds in post production, it looks different. It looks fake.

This is why people hate the prequels, I've just never been able to articulate it before.

Another thread another phonepost poster sperg out

I like Star Wars

It's already turning into another prequel argument

You're wrong.

I enjoy the OT with it's dated effects.

I enjoy the PT with it's supposed "unrealistic" effects.

Star Wars fans also, surprise surprise, enjoy Star Wars despite these flaws.

And let's not even start on the "everybody hates the prequels" myth. Nobody here believes it.

Mfw i realize if it werent for the jedi anakin would have grown up to free the slaves (with his force intuition helping) and not kill everyone

>the Force showed this vision to Ratts right before he died

>Star Wars fans also, surprise surprise, enjoy Star Wars despite these flaws.

I didn't even say, "Star Wars fans" or "OT fans".

I literally said "some people" meaning I understand why random people think the prequels look FAKE.

rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_episode_i_the_phantom_menace/
rottentomatoes.com/m/empire_strikes_back

Rip 99

F

>ratts fw he owns slaves

Ok, but who cares about "random people"...? Anybody can dislike anything. In the context of the Star Wars movies, the opinions that matter are the Star Wars fans.

>rotten tomatoes
nice meme.

Christopher Lee in AOTC look like he actin' real hard at his nieces high school play.

Empire had extremely mixed reception at release. also,

rogerebert.com/reviews/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-1999

How come we almost never see flying troopers in action? The only times I can remember are the 2003 Clone Wars series, The Force Unleashed, the Clone Wars movie, and one of the story reels for the Bad Batch arc.

speak more like a nigger please

>Nearly 200,000 extra votes for TPM
gee I wonder why!

I'm just saying I had a revelation. Thought it might spark a conversation so I posted it. Didn't realize you were going to get so upset.

Anyone else think slavery might be more important than 2 dark jedi type guys?

They only way that seemed like it would be funny was as one of those hip-hop memes.

Well it's not really a revelation. Your "revelation" comes down to "some people might not like the prequels because of the effects", which ignores the huge chunk of the prequels filmed on location/physical sets, and ignores that the OT also used a lot of blue screen, especially in RotJ.

So I am not really sure what kind of conversation you was hoping to get out of it.

>guys
Did you just assume Sheev's gender.

>another thread where someone brings up things they dislike about the prequels then a few retards sperg out and start a huge 300 reply long argument over why any criticism of the prequels is shitposting and the prequels disliker ends up posting stupid RLM memes and illegitimate criticisms

>which ignores the huge chunk of the prequels filmed on location/physical sets

That doesn't matter when half of your feature film looks like people floating in front of set plates shot at a later date.

He's from Sup Forums, of course he just wants the (you)'s. He's not exactly contributing any actual discussion.

Why does Kurtz poster think he's going to sway people here?

He's certainly souring my mood, but he's not actually affecting any change.
Is he just in it for the (You)'s?

I deleted my post original due to a typo.

>Is he just in it for the (You)'s?
Of course he is. And he keeps getting them so he's not going away, along with all the "everyone hates the prequels, they were objective shit/oh sorry I guess nobody is allowed to offer criticism of the prequels in your hugbox" idiots.

Based fuchs

Why do people complain about the PT not being consistent with the OT?
The OT isn't even consistent with itself.
IN FACT, the PT is more consistent with itself than the OT is.

How can he fight while vader and obi can barely stand

Yeah, I almost replied to the latter just now, but I caught myself. Sick of this cycle. Let's just ignore and focus on something else.

What are you guys hoping for the rest of Rebels Season 3?

I'm just saying there is a general consensus in /swco/ that there isn't even that much CGI. That there were actual models built.

But that still doesn't help because it looks like the actors have been pasted onto the screen.

It looks cheap.

>"everyone hates the prequels, they were objective shit/
Come the fuck on. He never said that. You're just trying to stir up the pot and make us look like a bunch of retards who can't accept any criticism of the prequels. He brought up legitimate criticisms and while I don't agree with them he has every right to post them without you constantly calling him a shitposter. Fuck off and stop starting arguments over nothing.

>It looks cheap.

Ot came first

You know that part after the / ...? You're being that guy right now. Don't be that guy!

>he brought up legitimate criticisms
Not once.

I want to see where they take Maul.

We discover that the Millennium Falcon is being tracked, and Leia knows this. She knows the Empire let them escape so that she could lead them to the rebel base, but she goes right there anyway.

Why is the OT so poorly written?

Leave old arguments in the old thread. Don't drag them into the new thread. You'd know that if you weren't here specifically to start shit.

These Jedi extras in AOTC look like someone just handed a bunch of ILM employees some robes.

>I want to see where they take Maul.

I was going to say 'to the back of the shed to get shot' and I then I made myself sad.

Why is the pasta so poorly timed?

>Not once.
Yes he did. He brought up that in his opinion the actors don't actually look like they're in the sets due to greenscreen. This is a legitimate criticism that may take people out of the movie. It doesn't bother me since I place having insane sets impossible to make in real scale over having the actors look like they're actually present but he has every right to think otherwise without being called a shitposter.

99 didn't die for this thread.

He's the dumbass who keeps commenting on the PT while watching them stoned.

Protip: all movies seem fake stoned.

That wasn't the Kurtzposter. That was the guy described here.

Post your favorite clones

How many shots were actually filmed outdoors in episode 3

Ki Adi Mundi is a trained actor.
So is Fisto.

Commander Bly

Thanks for defending me. I'll stop posting about it though. I can see it is upsetting people because it seems like I only wanted to start some shit. I DIDN'T

Sorry, the only other thread I follow on here is the Lego thread on /toy/.

We carry on conversations in the new thread from the old thread. I didn't realize there was a different policy here.

Why don't they legalize deathsticks? There are literally no downsides.

That's a weird way of saying 0.

You literally explode in a nuclear explosion after taking 37.3 of them.

I mean the ones to fill in the background shots.

Dying might be a downside. Maybe.

AOTC is what happens when a multimillionaire makes a Star Wars movie because he THINKS his kids want to see another one.

I mean, they don't really have to act so it doesn't matter.

We did get flying troopers in the Kadavo arc

That's what I'm saying. It is really noticeable though.

The only one that's bad is the one with the cheesy "hiy-ya".

AAAAHHHHHH

The fake Dooku head in the hanger duel.

This guy is my hero.

Oh, God.

That ones the worst.

Captain Fordo for life.

Wait...that pose...

How else can a 150 year old actor fight?
It's a good solution.

It looks terrible in AOTC.

They're from some random Kendo club. OLDFAG REPORT: There was this old-ass fanboy who was super into swords and shit who was also invited, and when he saw how retarded the club was acting, swinging around swords for fun and shit he got so mad he left the fandom.

I mean, if Star Wars isn't going to take fencing seriously, how is it a valid franchise?

General Kenobi...I'm ARC.

>begun the Clone War has.

Never would have guessed that Yoda named the Clone Wars.

I want this to be true so bad.

Is there a list of tcw filler?

Eg doesnt focus on at least one of

Obi
Padme
Anakin
Sheev
Windu
Dooku
3PO
R2
Yoda

>Begun the Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Lost Missions has.

>There was this old-ass fanboy who was super into swords and shit who was also invited, and when he saw how retarded the club was acting, swinging around swords for fun and shit he got so mad he left the fandom.
I don't remember that at all. It sounds like you've gotten Star Wars Kid's story really jumbled up.

It's not anime.

Stoner friend always thought it was hilarious these were called Blaze Troopers.

I was just confused how the fuck a human fits in there proportionally.

It is. I'm not going to go around hunting for it, but I remember reading it around 2004.

It was just some random dude. I think he was a professional swords something. Might have been a big name (in the SW fandom) before 2005.

So? I just want to be able to watch it seamlessly and quickly with 2 and 3.

Well then follow this guide.

>100+ episodes
>seamlessly and quickly

They ARE kinda odd...

Nice one google

Why does Episode III open with slapstick and end with someone on fire?

Star Wars sucks

Does Shaak Ti have a canon death yet?

That's how Lucas rolls!

Wish we'd seen more of these guys. More WW2 submarine clones plz

>he got so mad he left the fandom.

Fucking christ, why would you value that kind of guy's opinion?