What does Sup Forums think of Gotham?

What does Sup Forums think of Gotham?

A Batman show without Batman that's not good enough in its own right to warrant its continued existence.

A show so dull I have actual, physical difficulty watching it.

I have no idea how you fuck up such a simple concept with a cast this good.

i think it's great

Best show on tv right now, rather watch gotham than the borefest that is Flash, Arrow or any CWverse show.

Made me wish there was a show with a similar conceit but in the inverse. I.e. follow some petty criminal in gotham try to make it big, but having to avoid not getting fucking destroyed by Batman/a member of the bat-senpai.

Their Penguin is gay.

>not shipping penguin/riddler

It accomplishes what Schumacher tried to do with Batman and Robin in that it, tonally at least, perfectly mashes together Burton's gothic style with the campy 60's Batman.

The writing is pretty ropey at times though.

People who hate it because "its a Batman show without Batman" or "It doesn't make sense to have the villains at this point" are just

>Not muh

Faggots.

If you can accept elseworld tales where Batman is a vampire, or a murderer, or fought in the Civil War, or a pirate or whatever, but the idea of an elseworlds where its the villains that came first is a step too far, then I don't know what to tell you.

>"oh but they're too old for him to fight when he's grown up"

Since when has Riddler or Penguin, or Two Face or any of the villains so far shown ever been a physical challenge for Batman? Even so, they'd be in their early 40's which is hardly geriatric.

Gotham is an alright show, that at times has flashes of genius but is mostly just ok.

I want Butch to be in the comics. If we get him, then it was all worth it.

Sorry, I only ship Riddler with his OCD. It's my OTP.

Super duper fun.

This.

Its alright. The first couple of episodes are dog shit, the pilot in particular is fucking awful, but somewhere around "Balloon man" it gets going.

I'm not saying that there aren't plenty of people who legitimately don't like it, but a lot of complaints you see are from people who clearly don't watch the show, who have only seen the pilot or know the barest details from the premise and through osmosis

>penuin's long, calculated rise to the top of the food chain as the new king of gotham
>butch
>that fucking hugo strange
>pretty good freeze
>you can see bruce becoming the man that he will eventually become
>i must admit, i fucking dreaded s1 riddler, but s2 riddler is fucking GOAT
>jim/harvey
the show is fantastic

And this is the not muh fan hot that watches sypergirl.

Gotham is great

I wish there was more mob focus. Year One/Long Halloween style feuds between Falcones and Maronis are always great and I'm sad that we don't see any of it after season 1.

Scenes with Penguin, Riddler, Selina, Dr Strange, and sometimes Harvey are the only watchable parts of this show.

Without them it would be the worst Batman related series to date.

How is it less boring? All these shows are extremely slow and have too much filler. What separates Gotham?

It's commendable for being one of the few iterations in anything ever to make the Penguin a great character to watch.

If you've got a huge hard-on for Batman material you'll love it. The episodic "find the villain" episodes are pretty dull, but episodes that focus on Penguin, Riddler, Strange, etc. are great especially considering these guys don't usually get enough love in other Batman media.

It also has some pretty damn good kid Bruce scenes. He's Bruce, you can tell he is, but he's not quite there yet and he's still just a kid.

I miss the nior part of the show. I like how Bruce and Selena have a love hate relationship that will keep going into their adult lives. Things started going down after Hugo Strange. The actor was good, but I wasn't a fan of the whacky monster factory.

My last straw was poison Ivy, I was wasn't sure how they would go with her, but after they aged her up, I could tell neither did they.

I want to stick my Weenie Hut Jr. inside Leslie

>I wasn't a fan of the whacky monster factory

Hugo Strange makes Monster Men. That's kind of his deal

Season 1 was super uneven, and only penguin made it worth it. Season 2 was awesome because the shit understood what it was. Season 3 has been fun so far.

I like Strange's monster factory. Only Schumacher's Batman was tried something beyond criminals with masks and personas.

Nothing.

But shitting on CW shows, particularly The Flash, is the only form of validation some Gotham fans know.

Anyway, I moderately enjoy it, but I'm not an avid watcher. Making the Penguin gay was awkward.

Stopped watching after 10 episodes of season 1, it was just awful and completely turned me off to the whole idea.

I think it'll work when he's rejected. He'll get more grimey when his faggotry is rebuked.

>he developes an eating disorder and gets fat

Season 1 = Meh
Season 2 = So good but the ending was shit
Season 3 = Wtf Gayguin? Wtf is this show

>don't watch the show
>think Gay Penguin is a meme
>IT'S REAL
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???

That actor for Jervis was on fucking point this past episode. Fucked that shit UP

I wonder what's on Gotham this week!

>"I have no choice... I must confess my deep feelings of love to Nigma!"

Nnnnnope.

I wonder what's on Flash this week!

Why the fuck does Selina have tits in that poster?

>thinking Tumblr-tier shipping should be canon mainstream television

Go back to Supernatural, you degenerate pig-trough.

>I wonder what's on Flash this week!

I wonder what's on Arrow this week!

Just stick to watching Supergirl.

I only watch for Pengler and Barbara. Everyone else pretty much sucks ass and is boring as fuck. Jerome was cool for the 5 minutes he was a part of the show.

Wonderfully cheesy

>Not including Butch in that
>Not including Alfred in that

Isn't Jerome alive again though

The third season is a bit less frantic than Season 2 (which was the appeal), but Mad Hatter is entertaining enough to keep the boat afloat.

Funny as hell. I don't like the Penguin/Riddle thing, they're going to split apart now. Why couldn't they just be bros?

>Turning away from Iris getting the speedy D

You homo, man?

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

I normally don't give a damn about the Batman mythos, but man I love Gotham. It does a good job of showing just how fucking crazy the city is, and how it makes everyone who lives in it just as insane.

It makes sense with this actor's version, but it's weird that he suddenly got the urge to confess.

Since when was he even sexually self-aware? He seems more like the type not to know that women don't have penises. Sort of a childlike asexual.

>Harvey

How is he only SOMETIMES watchable? Uncle Harv is always in season.

"not muhs" that think Supergirl is the best cape show and hate the Snyder movies hate it.

But I find room in my heart for all cape interpretations, and Gotham captures the core spirit of Gotham as a place, at least Morrison's version of it, so perfectly. I really adore the show, best cape show currently running.

Gotham moves much faster than any of the CW shows and has a much better production value. Every episode of Gotham advances the ongoing plots-- and not just at the very beginning and end of the episode like Flash does.

I really liked the first and second season. It's the perfect blend of darkness and camp that I feel a Batman adaptation should be.

I only watched the first two episodes of this season and fell behind. I was not loving it. Anyone else who watches, did it get any better?

Mad Hatter is great, but the camp outside of that character is a bit more bland than last season.

They're saving most of the bigger plots for the second half I think.

A show carried only by a superb cast, trapped in a terribly uninteresting series of plots.

Pinguin is not really gay in sense that he likes men, he just have a twisted definition of love with no care about gender.

So... He's bisexual then?

it shouldn't exist

i think it is pleb tier

>this denial

It would've been better if it was on HBO and was based more off of Gotham PD. Have it be part of the DCEU and have Ben Affleck's Batman show up now and again for ratings.

Sounds interesting. Would probably watch.

This would be great as a videogame. It would also let you explore Gotham and its citizens more than a game starring Batman or the Batfamily would allow.

>no care about gender
I think that would be pansexual

>Gotham moves much faster than any of the CW shows and has a much better production value. Every episode of Gotham advances the ongoing plots-- and not just at the very beginning and end of the episode like Flash does.

Yeah I was just noticing an episode or two ago how long it's been since the last episodic plot. Even when Gordon was a cop it has been quite a while. Shows so that usually to eat up time and slowly advance the season long plot but now Gotham doesn't need it. Hell the last episode was proof that they don't even need Bruce since 70-80% of the show was Gordon and the rest was Penguin and Eddie.

Where are the Selina pictures?!

I swear to god if they pull a Smallville and make Bruce Batman at the very last episode imma be mad

Depends if they beef the kid up and how much he ages.

He's already about as tall as Alfred

I watched a few episodes with my parents when I visited them.

I like the idea of seeing how fucking corrupt Gotham is before Batman needing to step in. That scene where even three mobsters were able to get a entire police sector to leave so they could straight up kill Jim Gordan was pretty good.

>That scene where even three mobsters were able to get a entire police sector to leave so they could straight up kill Jim Gordan was pretty good.

The Merc was the best shit ever.
Gotham having a "Walmart" for criminals is one of the best things the show had ever done.

>Depends if they beef the kid up and how much he ages.
Is more likely that they would time jump eventually and just change the actor for bruce and keep the kid for "flashbacks".

>He's already about as tall as Alfred

But he is extremely jewish, and his back weak beta tier.

It's a lot of fun, and it's gotten better as it's progressed. I've always enjoyed it though.

Also I kinda suspect that the people who really vehemently hate it haven't watched since S1.

>Wallmart for criminals

That's precisely what I mean when I say it mixes Burton's gothic with 50's camp

Its far from a perfect show, its not even a fantastic or great show, but it is criminally underrated imo

I haven't watched any of it yet, but I continually hear it referred as a dark comedy version of 60s Batman. So, that sounds interesting.

It's Camp Noir.

Is this supposed to be a bat? This looks like it's supposed to be a bat.

But it doesn't really look like a bat.

Gonna be awkward when Gordon names his daughter Barbara

Gordon will name his daughter Cassandra or Stephanie

Should I go back to watching this show? I stopped back S1 when Penguin is revealed to be alive.

I really like this show, but I think season 3 has taken a step back. I miss harvey.

They really should have either just gone full Gotham Central, or been set only a couple years before Batman.

I would be OK with the setting if they at least used it to bring in lots of early Detective Comics features like Slam Bradley, Speed Saunders, Crimson Avenger, and Roy Raymond, and have more classic takes on characters like Clayface where they're just disfigured gangsters.

I'm glad the show seems to have found its niche with some people but it's not for me at all. I don't find it fun enough to put up with the bad drama like Flash or interesting enough to put up with the cheesy action.

A stupidly entertaining show that embraced the camp and I salute the writers for doing so. Also the best live action Gotham I've seen in years.

It was going fine but if they decide to force the gay shipping shit it's going into the trash, if they do decide to use it to make Penguin more of a freak and to make him more of an outsider who wants to belong or something like that it would be fine, just don't play that shit straight and do some dumb CW tier cancerous shipping.

It's basically the very bloody spiritual successor to Burton's Batman/Returns and Schumacher's Forever so you're not too far off.

I like it. Queer penguin sort of came out of nowhere though

>I want Butch to be in the comics

DC usually does add things that work so I wouldn't be surprised. It's more likely Fish shows up in the comics though

What if you don't see Batman at all just Gordan turning on the Batsignal. Better or worse?

I hope they add the Gothamites to the comics too.
The first time I saw a background character with crazy hair and a snazzy suit I thought they were introducing new villains, but those were just regular flamboyant, fashionable, and corrupt average citizens.
Why don't we see that in the comics?

Yeah, I love day drunk, free lance Gordon but it has so far come at the cost of a serious Harvey drought. I kinda hope Gotham continues its tradition of not giving a fuck and he becomes captain again after, you know, what is happening with Barnes inevitably happens, and so we get police chief Bullock and whisky soaked vigilante Gordon working in tandem for a while.

>Queer penguin sort of came out of nowhere though
Wasn't it implied he had a thing for Gordon?

What do you know, shit floats.

You know I always thought that he had a small crush on Jim.

I always thought that too.

I like it, but they are blowing their load with all the villains.
But it's not like we're ever going to get a straight up Batman show so I guess we'll have to settle for Jim Gordon and Oliver Queen fighting Batman villains every week

it is both fantastic and great

>this guy is still here
Live action Sup Forums is accepted, either get the fuck over it and make a thread about comics or get the fuck out!

>Responding to a troll