Describe SuperGirl's personality

Describe SuperGirl's personality

-What's so special about her?

Usually she is more self sacrificing then Clark is, Clark is trying to have a normal life where Kara is typically trying to reclaim her old life and find a new mission.

Angstier Superman

Basically a more feminine Superman, only she's even lonelier than he is, since while he was rocketed to Earth as a baby, she was sent to Earth as a teenager and thus remembers a lot of Krypton.

Just dumb waifubait who needs to be ignored.

In the old books, she's a younger hipper teen who likes fashion and fun. She's a more childish iteration of Superman, where she's not quite as responsible and has a lot more time finding out who she is and seeing things through a more innocent eye. She's smart and plucky, but also very naive.

Post-Crisis, that was totally flipped. She became the alien compared to Clark's pure humanity, a constantly irritated and angry out of control teen or a depressed girl who couldn't bear with the loss of her world and didn't want to be a part of this one. She doesn't understand human lives and has no intention of being one of them, and is kind of dumb and ignorant about everything. The latest book thankfully is pulling closer to her original incarnation, even though that's coming from the TV show.

literally nothing

her most interesting arc was when she was angry red female superman but now who the fuck knows

she wears a skirt and flies

that automatically makes her a good character

I only like her portrayals where she's a quick-tempered, curious, childish, party girl who basically says "Fuck You" to responsibility and just wants to have fun but still a good person overall. Basically the opposite foil of Superman

I feel like The Super BFF was the only thing that ever got her exactly like this. Shame honestly...

casual detected

Teenage blonde girl

Hotness. Aside that, kinda "Eh" character.

Perfect Kryptonian breasts and hinder, firm and sculpted yet yielding to the touch.

This isn't very far off.
Also "more inexperienced".

In her own comics(early Action Comics), she behaved like Superman essentially did in Superboy. Superboy essentially behaves the same between his Ego and his Alter Ego, and so do Linda Lee/Danvers.
While Adult Superman is Clark Kent and Superman as extremely distinct persona.
I would like to quote Wikipedia
>During her first quarter of a century Linda Danvers would have many professions, from student, to student advisor, to actor, and even TV camera operator.
She is essentially Superman without a additional Persona. Which means her core Personality is more developed, as oppose to Superman where all the development goes into Clark Kent, mostly because Superdick already possess all the skill he need.

Her story arcs, and her persona is extreme extremely distinct.

So...what is it?

She is basically Superman......but with a vagina!

Fate sheenigans happens, so to fuck over Fate, Linda Lee accidentally go to Superman #123 (August 1958), where Supergirl originally was wished into Existence, and then died a heroic death.
Since she is
1. A alien possessing a mortal via GOD
2. From a alternate universe
3. Even on Krypton she wasn't that related to Superman
So with 1 +2 + 3 = 6, she decides to do the right thing, and Marries Superman so Lois can't.

> What if superman was a grill?

She's like super man but a girl

Inexperienced.
More emotional.
More connected with Krypton than Clark.

I think Brainiac was the story arc that really captured all aspects of her personality well. She was brought to tears when she heard Brainiac was around because she remembers his attack on Krypton. She was terrified of him, but rose to the occasion and did what needes to be done to stop him.

She's a super girl.

For me, Supergirl should be like fresh off the boat. She's not the american raised immigrant like Clark is, she has trouble integrating in this new world.

She's perky and full of spunk.

supergirl is the worst character in marvel

Oh yeah, I forgot thanks for reminding me, user. She's also fapbait.

I'd like to fill her with spunk, if you know what I mean.

what are her hobbies

Changing often. She doesn't stick to one passion all the time like Clark does with journalism, she likes to try new things.

isn't Rao a red star?
shouldn't she lose her powers?

It depends on the writer, like literally every comic character ever.

She's muh waifu.

Nice meme.

I guess if we thought that way about everyone in comics, no one can ever be out of character.

if she can easily defy gravity, why does she have saggy tits?

Honestly it is kind of true with Supergirl though, she's had a LOT of variation with writers coming in that just assume a personality even if it isn't consistent with the past.

She paints, plays the guitar, and knits.

It's true for any sufficiently long lasting character. You could describe your idea of Batman's personality and I could point you to eras where he's the complete opposite.

Brainiac blew it up

Lately kind of like this.

Even the Adam West one?

I'd love it if someone made a live-action Supergirl movie that wasn't crap.

Agreed