Dormammu is a big face

>Dormammu is a big face

Fuck off

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tJtXtirPjfA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What the actual fuck
I get the vertical slants hearken back to his original Strange Tales look, but what the fuck is up with everything else

Did they really have trouble with a flame headed Demon?

>SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT STRANGE

should have been a big cloud

Seem like they're building him up to be the phase 4/5/6 big bad since he was simply sealed away

Should have been no pupils

Why is shadow demon in MU and not back in dota.

That's why it re winds me of Bayformers, thanks user

People would thougth its Ghost Rider

It could just be a projection.

>ignore the actual, non-fight resolution of the threat
>ignore Dormammu is portrayed as a being of unchallenged power
>ignore the obvious influences of his comic book design on the movie design
>get your panties knotted over his face manifesting in his dimension

I am sure in EVERY SINGLE Doctor Strange comic ever Dormammu's face has NEVER been made to manifest on a grand scale in his or any other dimension. Is that right OP? You are completely correct this is a shocking development, wholly ruins this - one of the less generic Marvel films - and you are not autistic at all.

You cunt.

I think the idea was that Dormammu is the dark dimension and the dark dimension is Dormammu. Or Dormammu is just the personification or representative of the dark dimension so mortal minds can interact and be corrupted by it

The comic book version looks silly. A giant, somewhat inhuman face mad of swirly energy stuff gets across the idea of a a god-like cosmic entity.

>waaah why are people on a comics and cartoon board upset that yet another Marvel movie isnt like the comics?

>its okay when Marvel does it :^)

It's okay when Marvel does it.

>Marvel gets all their villains right I don't know what the haters are saying
>This is just like the COMICS I swear I totally read those

Well they don't have doom and magneto so I can't play my team anyway

This was the Marvel movie that made the most effort to conclude and to leave the character in the same place as the comic books.

They tried to make him be a big scary guy like Galactus

Also they probably thought a flaming skull would make audience members go "ghost rider?"

>le funny magic cape that isnt in any comic
>make Strange MCU Stark but with magic
>completely change Dormammu in the same vein as when the FF movie made galactus a giant cloud

nah m8, its still pretty shit. the closest to the comics of the MCU has been The First Avenger and even that was a far cry.

Underrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=tJtXtirPjfA

40 sec

Just came back from the movie. Dormammu looks kinda naff, but it's better in motion. I think the worst bit about his design is the pupils. I is actually aflame when he first shows up in front of Strange. There are smaller fires (still the size of houses) burning at the edges of his face constantly.

Hmm, I could see that. The director says he wants to do Nightmare for Dr. Strange 2.

How was it?

He wasn't even sealed. They just struck a deal. He just fucked off after being totally confused by Strange's timeloop.
He kept killing Strange, but Strange was reset again and again and again until Dormammu could no longer bear it. Strange then told him to take his goonies with him and never bother with Earth again. So Mads and his cronies were pulled into the Dark Dimension while being flayed alive and the portal closed by itself.

I thought Dormammu could manifest himself in whatever fucking way he wanted, I mean his people were bugs with flame faces at some point.

I also distinctly recall him being able to manifest as a big ass face when talking to other people.

But I haven't watched the movie and th eimage is too dark and I don't WTF is going on there.

For a second there, I was fairly sure it was Galactus.

I'm kinda starting to like the idea of Bandersnatch doing the voice and facial capture for Dormammu as well. In th MCU, Dormammu only takes the form of a giant face because he models himself on the only creature he can use as reference in his dimension.

>tfw I'm also a Dorm/Mags/Doom player

Other favourites include Kl'rt, Shulkie and that wall crawling menace.

Strange isn't Stark though.

They're both arrogant, but for different reasons. Stark wants to be the coolest guy in the room. He wants women to want him and men to want to be him. He uses jokes to disarm situations and give off an air of aloofness when really he's calculating everything that's going on

Strange doesn't give a shit about any of that so long as people think he's the smartest person in the room. He wants plaudits and adulation and awe, but he sure as fuck doesn't care if you think he's a colossal prick

>People will actually use the fact that Strange is arrogant before the crash as a negative when that was literally in the original origin

>make Strange MCU Stark but with magic
He's at the beginning of his career of Sorcerer Supreme. Strange as a comic book character had the fortune that his origin as a former aloof prick was told in retrospective after like the first 3 or 4 issues, so the calm, collected Master of the Mystic Arts had already been somewhat established. I think he'll mellow considerably over the course of the next few appearances.

Very enjoyable. Some gags are sorely misplaced (cloak wiping Strange's eyes dry after saying goodbye to McAdams, the bit where the cloak pulls him toward the bondage device during the fight at Bleecker St. was a bit too long, as was the cloak subdoing Scott Adkins), but the whole spacefuckery looks neat in 3D (not worth the additional fee though).
I wouldn't say it's better than Ant-Man or Winter Soldier. I'd say it's a visually impressive, certainly not boring interpretation of the character on screen.
The final scenes when time winds back on itself and they have a fight between stuff flying back into place was great.

He is kinda made out to be the MCU equivalent, yes.

>is purple
>his dimension is said to be "dark and ever hungry"
>is introduced with the epihet "devourer of worlds"

I'm genuinely a tiny bit gutted that nobody actually calls him "THE DREAD DORMAMMU" in the film, not even once

Wasn't Dormammu's face mocap was done by Britguy Clumsyname himself?

They do have an alliteration with his name, though. Wong goes "Dormammu dwells in deep in th dark dimension".

Also, regarding rhyming spells, yes, there are none; but these three items besides the Eye of Agamotto are named:

>Wand of Watoomb (later used by Wong)
>Vaulting boots of Valtorr (Mordo uses them to run on air)
>Staff of the Living Tribunal (Also in Mordo's keeping)

Mocap and voice acting. Yes.

POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE POWER OF THE

So Dr. Strange basically defeated Dormammu by using the Uchiha Clan's Izanami jutsu.

Nigger, it's fucking comics.

The whole "getting upset about changes" and the whole company war and loyalty thing is completely retarded.
Get upset about something real you fucking faggot

Seems like the biggest problem is that Marvel's trying so goddamn hard to pigeonhole all its characters into action films when some of them just don't work as action heroes - case in point with Strange.

I get that we can't have a character-driven drama with Cap or a romantic comedy with Widow and Banner, but SHIT, Marvel, try branching out into something different.

And stop using the fucking Iron Man origin movie template, you hacks.

Nothing you said about strange is correct
He doesn't want to be seen as smart he just wants to get shit done

>I'm hosting a talk tonight, do you want to come
>No
>We had fun
>No you had fun
>Its not about me
>Everything is about you Stephen

and

The entire thing about him being able to say when an album came out because of his photographic memory

The mans idea of a date is to take a woman to place where she gets to listen to how smart he is and when he's showing off in the surgery, he isn't doing it to be cool, or to be liked, he's doing it to show off how clever he is.

Im talking about the comic character

We're talking about the movie incarnation, though.

>Watoomb
>Valtorr

Octessence confirmed?

Also, Black Knight's sword was originally supposed to appear.

Also also: >yfw Mordo has the staff

*post yfw