Which ones are good? I really liked Scooby Doo as a kid, watched and enjoyed Wacky Races and Flintstones...

Which ones are good? I really liked Scooby Doo as a kid, watched and enjoyed Wacky Races and Flintstones, but never really saw Jonny Quest or any of the characters in this comic, but i'm not opposed to reading it. I kinda want to check these out but have heard mixed things on a few of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

www23.zippyshare.com/v/UYGnHSRh/file.html
www23.zippyshare.com/v/cxBTfP25/file.html
www27.zippyshare.com/v/ky2BFzyr/file.html
www17.zippyshare.com/v/p3FabVOf/file.html
www106.zippyshare.com/v/tWRi0E4V/file.html
www112.zippyshare.com/v/H4lUSlQm/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When are we getting a Jetson reboot?

The Flintstones is the best Big Two comic on the stands.

Flintstones is the best of the bunch, hands down. Future Quest is pretty good, but it lends itself better to binge reading, since it's kind of slow on a month to month basis. Wacky Raceland has some interesting ideas, but it's ending next month, so a lot is going to go unexplored. Scooby Apocalypse is extremely dialogue heavy and out of character, especially Daphne.

The Flintstones are AMAZING!

That is, if you are into slice-of-life stuff that some times goes into pretty dark places

Flintstones > Future Quest >> Scooby Apocalypse >>>> Wacky Raceland

they announced early September so early 2017

Flintstones is brilliant. A dark, dry-humored satire that extrapolates the cartoon's topicality to the modern day.
Future Quest is going to be a bit lost on you if you're not familiar with the characters. It's okay, but nothing special.
Scooby Apocalypse is... weird. I kind of like it, but it's slow as hell. Shaggy and Scooby are the most like the originals out of all the cast, and it's making Scrappy the villain yet again.
Wacky Raceland is shit. I wanted to like it, but it's tryhard edgy and not funny at all.

>Scooby Apocalypse is extremely dialogue heavy and out of character, especially Daphne.
And Flintstones isn't?

Hmm, so it sounds like Flintstones for sure and Scooby Apocalypse maybe. Though Dastardly and Mutley were my favorite parts of Wacky Races so maybe I should skip Raceland and get the spin-off?

That bit you spoilered annoys me. Sometimes I feel alone in not hating that character.

Dialogue heavy I will give you, but Russel writes the citizens of Bedrock a hell of a better than Giffen's been writing the Gang. The Flintstones and their neighbors feel familiar, even if the subject matter they broach isn't. The characters in SA are barely recognizable.

Dastardly and Muttley isn't a spinoff of Raceland; it's an unrelated thing based on D&M In Their Flying Machines.
>Fred is a quiet, depressed guy instead of a hothead
>Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm are teenagers

Flintstones is excellent, one of the best comics out.

Future Quest is good, but really busy and simultaneously decompressed. Picking it up for now, but the lack of Shaner is starting to get to me.

Scooby is just ok.

Raceland is awful.

>Loses temper at vitamin salesman
>Tells off homophobic marriage counselor

He's a bit more nuanced, but he's still the same loving husband, friendly neighbor and hard worker with career ambitions. Daphne and Velma aren't familiar at all

>Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm are teenagers
Yeah, cause that's never been done before.

I guess I don't really care because Scooby and Shaggy are the same characters as ever and I really like how they're written. I never really gave a shit about Fred and Daphne, and nu-Velma has enough going for her that I don't mind her being different.

I mean, Be Cool and Mystery Incorporated changed the characters quite a bit in some instances. Is Apocalypse similar?

Could you explain why Wacky Raceland is bad? I haven't read it, but i understand that it has an apocalyptic setting, which i'm kinda interested of.

Is Daphne the top tier waifu that she looks like she is?

Wacky Raceland is shit.
Scooby is your generic post apocalyptic zombie romp, with the Scooby references spicing it up.
Future Quest is your 8 year old selfs wet dream, if you watched those cartoons as a kid.
Flintstones is... absolutely incredible. It deconstructs modern societal conventions just like the original series did, half the time as a joke, half the time with very deep meanings. So far it covered consumerism, religion, war veterans, astrology, frat boys, and the concept of marriage.

And that's fine. Consensus round here seems to be that Raceland is the biggest disappointment (no argument from me). It's just not for me, but if you enjoy it, more power to you.

My biggest fear is that the Jetsons title being written by Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Connor rumor will turn out to be true.

>Could you explain why Wacky Raceland is bad?

Dick wins a race.

You made me want to get it in that one sentence.

It isn't like he's the only one that cheated in those fucking races, so how they portrayed him and never let him win always kinda rubbed me the wrong way.

>a hothead
Fred can be a hot head in the comics. You can see that when he gets mad at the vitamins guy. He just seems to be more balanced overall.

There's just not really anything to it. The action is boring and hard to understand, the plot is bland and needlessly edgy, the cars talk for some godforsaken reason, the author didn't even consider having Dick refer to "the narrator" as Boopsie until an interviewer suggested it, none of the characters act like themselves and there's no real personality replacing them... it's all of the worst aspects of "Wacky Races but post apocalyptic and edgy".

>Could you explain why Wacky Raceland is bad?

It deviated to far from the source material. Future Quest is just the HB characters having a crossover, Flintstones is a modern, modern stoneage family and while Scooby Apocolypse is much grimmer than the shows the characters still feel like themselves (Except Velma)

>Jetsons reboot

The original was an early 1960s take on what people thought the future would look like. I hope they don't take the lazy way out and do the standard cyberpunk dystopia because a. that shit is played as fuck and b. we're already there.

I can't wait for it to be replaced with Stop the Pigeon

WE BLADE RUNNER NOW?

Oh, we've been Blade Runner for awhile now....

scary

Flintstones has surprisingly been the best reboot.

Future Quest is great, especially if you're a fan of the original or any obscure HB franchise. If you want a faithful adaption, go read that immediately.

Flintstones gets massive praise here, but it's kind of a mixed bag and dependant on personal taste. Do you mind clever social commentary and occasional gore and dark humor? If so, then it's perfect for you.

Scooby Apocalypse is definitely an aquired taste. It has almost nothing to do with Scooby-Doo except for the names. If you like zombie apocalypse stuff then it's an OK read, but overall it's really not that good if you like Scooby-Doo.

Don't even bother with Wacky Raceland, it's horrendous. It's the textbook example of a dark and edgy reboot for the sake of it. It tries to be both Wacky Races and Mad Max, but doesn't get what makes either good and just ends up a complete mess.

Not really. Both Daphne and Velma are horrible in SA.

The whole point of the original show was that Dick COULD have one, easily (he was driving a rocket with wheels while the rest of the crew used a Ford T-model, a car built out of wood, or a literal rolling stone). But he kept stopping to plot elaborate schemes to stop the others, which is why he lost.

In that comic, the whole race is done in a post-apocalyptic world, for the sick amusement of "the announcer", oh and they have to help each other too because if the racers die, there is no race, and therefore they get killed anyway. So they can't even screw with each other like in the show - Dick does it once, and even that's just so he crosses the finish line first, then starts helping the others.

It would be better if the characters at least looked something like their originals, but everyone is some Borderlands reject with no clearly definable character traits even. So it just comes off as a clusterfuck art wise.

Dicks backstory flashback was the only moment in the comic I really liked (being a violin virtuoso oddly fits him; so does the fate of his family).

Yeah I think Flintstones could use an issue that actually feels like an episode instead of "missed script for Prez", but its got tons of potential.

Wacky Raceland utterly misses what was great about Wacky Races. Even the 00s anime reboot was better.

Flintstones is fantastic. Think same dude who did Prez and is real satirical like it.
Scooby Apocalypse and Wacky Racelands are a much more grimdark versions so if that doesn't immediately turn you of you'll prolly like it.
The rest is like an old school superhero crossover epic. Actually pretty good. Kinda compatible to the recent He Man comic run.

See Wacky Raceland needed to be a parody of the dark and edgy reboot. If they had decided to just take the piss out of Mad Max, Galactica and all the rest of that it could have been great. I'm thinking of something like 90s Lobo and its take on the whole edgy tough guy thing.

I was most excited for Future Quest and didn't give a shit about Flintstones. Out of the four, Future Quest is the worst and Flintstones is hands down the best. Wacky Raceland and Scooby Apocalypse are middle of the road forgettable.

I don't know where the love for Scooby Apocalypse went - Sup Forums was raving about it for the first few issues. I'm a huge Scooby Doo fan and I loved it and would encourage everyone to check it out.

Future Quest is also pretty good, though I've not read the last few issues (bought them all though) and what I've read of the Flintstones has been great.

Scooby Apocalypse is okay. Just think the characters don't act like themselves.

This entire Hanna Barbara line pretty much sums up dc's strategy for writing comics since the 80's.
Take Saturday morning cartoon content and make it dark and edgy.

Also no 5 o'clock shadow on realism Fred. So dropped.

I really wish they would just do a classic CN and [as] line.

It's a mashup of Wacky Races and Mad Max, but lacks anything that made either of those good and is just tediously edgy.

The changes to characters are pointless as they never explore the potential of them or do anything meaningful with it. For example, SGT. Blast is a post-op MtF transexual, but this is only ever brought up to make Red Max look like a dick for shitting on Blast for being a failure of a man or however he worded it, no other character ever comments on this. They do literally nothing meaningful with it to the point where you ask why they bothered making that change only to forget about it immediately. They also turned all of the non-Muttley animals into human psychopaths, but do nothing to explore this either (although Blubber Bear did get an origin story, but even then hes forgotten in later issues). Its like every change to a character is just lazily shoehorned in, but never amounts to anything or has any purpose.

Next issue will be the last and I can't see how it'll tie everything up unless it's just an enormous exposition dump in every panel.

Flintstones and Future Quest are the good ones, Scooby Doo is too slow in terms of pacing and basically nothing has happened so far in the story, but it's still readable. Wacky Racelands leaves much to be desired.

I don't think it was raving so much as "huh, this is a lot better than expected", because everyone thought it would turn out like Raceland did.

I still don't know why they made Red Max into a Nazi despite him still being modelled on a WWI fighter.

The kids aren't that old though. More like 12-13, which we've never seen before.

It works

>Even the 00s anime reboot was better.
Sure you're not thinking of Wacky Races Forever?

Because the author's not creative enough to do "old war" outside of Nazis.

>I don't know where the love for Scooby Apocalypse went - Sup Forums was raving about it for the first few issues

Not really, opinions were mixed even from the start. It's just that now there's even less of an excuse to defend it since not only did they go for the most tired and cliche route for the villain, but anyone that isn't Shaggy and Scooby-Doo have little to no redeemable qualities at this point.

flintstones is quite GRAND i would say.

Scooby Apocalypse is pretty good, it's just wordy as fuck and slow-moving. Great art though, Howard Porter is a cool guy.

Future Quest is a little disjointed but really fun and has some great set-pieces.

Flintstones is goddamn brilliant and everyone needs to be reading it. I don't agree with the author's opinions on all the topics, but he's consistently funny with the satire so I don't mind as much.

Wacky Raceland is muddy, grimdark shit.

Who'd have thought The Flintstones would be the best out of all these titles?

Future Quest 001 (2016) (6 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www23.zippyshare.com/v/UYGnHSRh/file.html

Future Quest 002 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www23.zippyshare.com/v/cxBTfP25/file.html

Future Quest 003 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www27.zippyshare.com/v/ky2BFzyr/file.html

Future Quest 004 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www17.zippyshare.com/v/p3FabVOf/file.html

Future Quest 005 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www106.zippyshare.com/v/tWRi0E4V/file.html

Future Quest 006 (2016) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Slayer)
www112.zippyshare.com/v/H4lUSlQm/file.html

>malwarebytes flipping it's shit over the links before they're even opened

Fuck you tryna pull, user?

Nice! I meant to buy this series when it came out, but I guess I just forgot about it...

Flintstones > Future Quest > Scooby > Wacky Raceland

I'd give Scooby a higher ranking if it wasn't so damn wordy.

>Yeah I think Flintstones could use an issue that actually feels like an episode
No it doesn't. The Flinstones suck in general and its material is incredibly dated to be called "modern".

Zippyshare is kind of sketch sometimes and prone to russian virus bullshit, but the files themselves have been fine. I don't know why people use it over Mega.

>I don't know where the love for Scooby Apocalypse went - Sup Forums was raving about it for the first few issues
What? Sup Forums was mixed on it from the get go I think the problem with Apocalypse is that Scooby Doo has done everything imaginable as far as a franchise can take so yet another alternate interpretation of the same formula is just not going to excite people as much as others since its the only property from Hanna Barbera that gets any attention or rather the only only people care about. Hence why The Flintstones and Future Quest are getting so much acclaim and people were initially excited about Wacky Races because they were finally giving attention to the other HB properties whereas Apocalypse is yet another Scooby Doo entry.

Because Mega links tend to die much more often, and are subject to being hosted on people's personal accounts.

I haven't read Scooby Doo Apocalypse yet, but I wish they'd just go full horror.

Scooby is unchanged besides the cyber gimmick, which is just an excuse to make him talk and emote.

Shaggy's hippie traits are played up more ("I'm a Buddhist, man! Well...I was one in High School.") But he's otherwise the same.

Fred is really just characterized as Daphne's sidekick/unrequited lover. He's not even as dumb as his recent portrayals. He's just there.

Daphne's apparently manic-depressive. She switches from cold disdain to violent screeching fury in seconds. Sadly, she's the leader.

Velma is still a frumpy genius. Now they play up her social awkwardness and emotional distance. I would tell you more, but read the comic first.