BREAKING NEWS -- SPACEX ROCKET EXPLODES

techcrunch.com/2016/09/01/a-spacex-falcon-9-rocket-just-exploded-at-cape-canaveral/

SPACE FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Falcon_9_and_Falcon_Heavy_launches#2016_2
reuters.com/article/us-tesla-equity-idUSKCN1161OV
latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does this guy really thought they were gonna let him privatize the outer space?

So?

>This rocket was set to launch on Saturday, September 3 on a mission to deliver Facebook’s first satellite to orbit.

>inb4 our only hope at space travel is destroyed.

The jews want to keep us slaved to this rock forever.

it effectively grounded an israeli satellite

So?

Who cares, company lost a toy

R.I.P Harambe

That was the first time they were about to test a rocket which had successfully landed.

Not good.

>Facebook’s first satellite to orbit.

Thanks for blowing that up Kek

every smoke cloud has a silver lining

The payload was an Israeli communications satellite. Hope it burned

That's like reusing a rubber

who the fuck cares? you dumb britbong

they want to lock this rock down before they become space-jews and start jewing the ayys

I really need to stop masturbating, shit starts blowing up after five weeks of nofap

Why the fuck does Cuckerberg need a satellite and how do we stop it?

>How do we stop it?
Kek blows up every rocket they plan to launch.
Kek wills it.

That's the dumbest fucking correlation I've ever heard.

>Oy vey, grand Rabbi Moshe!! Some goyim who aren't controlled by one of our cults are trying to escape the Earths atmosphere and will no longer be under control of YHVH's Saturnian mind-matrix!! Wat do???

>...SHUT IT DOWN!

OY VEY IT'S A SPACE SHOAH!

We must construct additional reparations.

lolbertarians BTFO! Even cows know better.

Kim must be proud today.

get fucked cuckerberg

We already stopped it.

>that OP message

Good

Longtime space watcher here. Here's what's going to happen.

>spacex will stop launching rockets until they find out what happened and how to prevent future occurrances
>all launches will stop by spacex, causing massive delays
>first re-used rocket this year is out
>falcon heavy was already speculated to be out but now it's out for good
>mars 2018 is out
>it was probably the jews

>mars 2018 is out
Why?

Did anyone take out extra insurance recently on the rocket or the payload?

>probably the jews
no shit.

spacex will go bankrupt.

I wouldn't bet on it.

They had so many successful tests. Surely one isolated accident will not be enough to break the will of Musk and investors.

Pretty unfortunate. Significant setback for the company. From the pics it looks like it took out a significant amount of infrastructure on the pad. Will remain to be seen exactly what failed.

It won't stop them though. They'll keep trying.

dubs will stop it

It's sabotage. They will get it soon.

no, they will run out of money.

>Our only hope at space travel

lol, no. We learned how to not blow up a rocket 50 years ago. Besides the challenger thing and a couple others we figured it out already and SpaceX fags still can't figure it out

no, that won't happen

WE DID IT REDDIT

It was already going to be extremely tight. This launch sets SpaceX back by 3-6 months, maybe longer. They will also have to repair the launch site which will take a long time and cost alot of money.

Did you forget that ULA rocket blowing up last year? Some military rockets have blown up is years gone by too.

Probably not. Shit happens with rockets. I was pretty confident in this though after the extensive testing and testing the entire stack in a static firing again. It could be sabotage though. ULA and the rest of the established contractors can't stand SpaceX. They've got deep ties in the MID and espionage/intelligence circles.

Doubtful considering how many contracts they already have on the books.

Anyone have JUST hair to put on Elon Musk? His entire space program is a failure.

ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!!!!!!

This can't be reversed!

made it 2 days...now i feel bad for giving in

CALLED IT

>His entire space program is a failure.
but that thing you just said is the opposite of true. Spacex is actually quite successful.

What's worse is that 2016 was supposed to be a spectacular year for SpaceX. ~12 launches, first landing of a rocket, first re-used rocket to deliver a payload, but now it's off the table. Space watchers have been waiting 3-4 years now for SpaceX to get a minimum number of launches per year to things really cook off in the space launch industry, but every time it's about to happen, something goes wrong.

Pad looks pretty good actually.

>Probably not

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Falcon_9_and_Falcon_Heavy_launches#2016_2

>September 3, 2016, 07:00 F9 FT
>F9-029 CC LC40 Amos-6 GTO Spacecom
>"The purchase of Spacecom by Beijing Xinwei Technology Group is contingent on Amos-6 successfully being placed into service."

>upper left corner, chan 4
We did this.

doesn't matter, they're going to have to call off the launch and do a ton of work on it regardless

the launch vehicle is probably a write off as well, no clue about the payload (do they even have it on yet?)

Rockets go boom when shit goes wrong. Military and govt have blowed up too.

Oh that's a relief. Tanks are intact as well as the SpaceX staging warehouse. I was afraid it had done a lot more damage. Remains to be seen though what the extent of the damage is.

Get fucked Jewberg lol

yeah, those structures could be more damaged than they appear. Sounds like it was a massive explosion.

literally no space fags are on suicide watch.

>capitalist space programs
Laughingyurigagarin.jpg

Well obviously. My point was there might be less work to do to repair the launch pad than we might have feared.

Apparently this kills SpaceX's plan for commercial crew. Reason being is that SpaceX had planned to put people on the rockets before loading the rockets with fuel, which could have killed everyone on board if there were people on this rocket.

Kim Jung Un Doesnt like it When Anyone Else Raunches Wockets

another would-be trump-stumper bites the dust

Thanks kek for keeping us safe

Yeah it's a write off. It was insured. The payload was onboard and it was taking off. The interesting thing is that the insurance company gave everyone the normal rate, indicating that they had high confidence in the vehicle.

Under rated post

Why would that make any difference?

t. Elon Musk

Wew. I wonder who may be behind that. G-ogle or M-crosoft?

Not "taking off"...it was a test fire for a Saturday launch

They have launch escape systems on man-rated vehicles for this exact reason user. They've had them since the beginning. They most likely would have survived.

Oh my bad. I thought it was taking off this morning. Thanks.

Fucking awesome. That's what you get Zucc for banning me from facebook

Space travel is extremely dangerous nasa has also had many rocket failures

It's a preasurize metal tube that blows a massive explosion outbid its ass to blast you out of earths gravity

Why do you think people advocate space elevators and stuff

Looks like the top of the strong back took some damage. Maybe the explosion started in the second stage?

Isn't Musk facing cash problems right now? Could he be proper fucked?
reuters.com/article/us-tesla-equity-idUSKCN1161OV

It's kind of depressing how slow rocket tech has developed.

>successful

yeah, in getting all the subsidies

Typically you'd want to load the fuel first to make sure it doesn't explode before loading people on, but SpaceX has only a short window in which to launch with their planned fuel, so people would get loaded first.

That's why I said "could."

Kek wills it, literally got banned for saying "Trump wins"
And now he loses his jew rocket, praise fucking kek.

>trump literally destroying american rockets and killing american astronauts

why would he do this?

The next phase in human evolution is from within. Did you meditate today and rinsed your mind of thoughts?

Tesla != Spacex

Well it's hard to make improvements when the tech already reached it's peak several decades ago.

SpaceX doesn't get any subsidies.

Multiple sources suggesting that the satellite was in the rocket during the test. Obviously it's destroyed along with the rocket.

There's really not much else we can do at this point until materials tech/energy storage tech catch up to far looking designs.

When did Serbia become such a fag?

But it only reached it's peak because no one wanted to bother improving it more.

Guys, why are you ignoring my post?

The chinese wanted to buy an israeli company if the satellite launch went off without a hitch. Suddenly the rocket explodes on the launch pad. It was obviously sabotage to prevent the chinese from acquiring israeli tech.

CantIntoSpaceBook

You need some spiritual enlightenment

massively

latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-musk-subsidies-20150531-story.html

Don't compare that faggot with others m8

It doesn't say SpaxeX get government subsidies anywhere in that article. Try again

this
/thread