Job Question

Im about to go sign up for the marines, get muh veteran benefits. If trump wins I get more veteran shit, if clinton wins I get a lot more work. What I want to know is Sup Forums's opinion of mercanaries. I hear theyre paid better, and I hear veterans tend to get hired fast.

I would worry about being assassinated after a successful mission.

All professional soldiers are mercenaries.

Is that common with mercs? I heard the compounds were less secure sure, but assasinated? I plan to live out in da woods eventually.

Pretty sure they only hire former military with combat experience. Dudes like ex rangers or special forces especially, not just your average grunt

Mabye in emuland. They are very different here.

Had a friend that got out of airforce and did security contracts in afganistan for 6 figures. He was in IT, zero combat shit. Only thing he hated was having to stay over there most of the year to avoid taxes.

Military contractors make tons of money, most of them aren't mercs though.

Marines arent grunts.

Marine grunts are grunts. Assuming OP is interested in infantry

The pay for PMCs used to be pretty outstanding, but I've heard from others it's been declining a bit (less need for defending overseas shit).

Here are the gotchas:

You want a good company like Academi (formerly Blackwater), because getting U.S. contracts is the key to ridiculous paychecks. Companies like Academi tend to favor hiring SOCOM operators, but they'll also hire normal grunts with combat experience.

Getting combat experience in today's Marine Corps is a huge challenge. Going MARSOC on initial contract is almost impossible.

Peacetime grunt as a job in the Marine Corps *suck*. Sucks less for other MOSes, but then Academi isn't going to want you.

IF I wanted military bennies and a good paying mercenary job after, I'd enlist in the Army on a Ranger contract. There's a better chance of being successful, and even if you fuck up the Army has more money for training during peacetime anyway.

Nah. Im getting eye surgery and am developing insomnia so I can be on a sniper team.

Mercenary: a professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.

> foreign army

No, not all professional soldiers are mercenaries.

Alright. Thanks user. Will look into. I want my benis and experience. Im pretty much just a mgtow that wants to live in the woods asap.

> sniper team

Force Recon snipers are...infantry.

Dude look there's a huge body of knowledge you need to work through before you go to the recruiter's office, or else they are going to eat you alive and ship you out with an open contract.

>fight for money
>fight for Israeli interests
>fight for the benefits

>not a mercenary
Whatever helps you sleep at night!

You dont get veteran land prices from being a merc.

I'd go army if you wanna do operator shit. Marines are a meme branch

Alright. Army rangers it is. Do i need to serve before I enter that program or can I start from the getgo?

Do you know anything about navy? Graduated college this summer and decided if I can't find a job by the end of the year will try and be commissioned as an officer.

>mgtow indawoods

Whew lad. Uh, the Rangers might do some stuff you like, but your perception of infantry (even elite infantry say in sniper teams or w/e) is off. If you're in the woods you're either training for some future mission, or you're on a mission to go do some shit.

If your thought is "I'd like to spend all day in the woods being manly and getting paid for it" I'm not sure there's anything in the military that's gonna do it for ya. You (and this is sincere advice) might be better off exploring being a park ranger or a lumberjack. Both groups legitimately spend more time indawoods, and there's much less gay shit. The downside is that the bennies aren't usually as good. But seriously military benefits are awesome because the job and its pay are such shit, so often.

You can get it your contract when you enlist. Ask for option 40.

There's a contract option for the Army that gets you in, sends you through Basic, and then you can try out for Rangers / Special Forces. If you fail the tryout you become a normal rifleman (and can try again later if you want).

No no no, I mean I want to eventually be able to purchase a goddamned forrest.

Yeah, I know a bit about Navy and being an officer in it.

Do you have specific questions? In general, it's a good gig that's unlikely to get you shot, has a lot of opportunities for professional development, has FAR less bullshit than other services, etc.

Well you just scared me with the you need to know more or recruiter will fuck you. My dad was navy for 25 years so he can probably help educate me but any general info you wanna impart would be helpful.
Do you know how strict weight standards are? I'm 6'7 / 6'8 304 right now, but also have been lifting for like 5 years so it's not even close to all fat. Currently cutting to get lean but even now I can see very blurry abs, by 270 I would be pretty damn lean and the navy wants 219 I believe for my height which would be full skelly mode

Oh okay, then yeah go be a Ranger then get even better and go Delta then either go CIA Special Activities Division (if you decide that you're addicted to shooting people in the face) or PMC (if you decide you wanna be well-to-do). Solid enough plan.

Things that will trip you up:
- don't get married until you get out of the military. DO. NOT. GET. FUCKING. MARRIED.
- don't drink until you're 21
- don't smoke the ganja
- don't become an alcoholic
- don't buy an expensive car. Fuck, you won't even NEED a car for years. But if you have to buy one, buy one you can set on fire and walk away from with NO RAGRETS
- don't buy a fucking motorcycle
- hide your power level at all costs

I'm a sergeant of marines. I've seen most of the dumbfuck mistakes that can derail a military career. If you avoid the shit above it's not a hard career. If you engage in the fuckery above, there's a decent chance of doing something that will fuck everything up and you're going to finish out an enlistment then end up working at Home Depot.

Im a 20 year old mgtow celebate. Im basically a cultural sociopath. Ill do fine. Thanks Srg.

OP is retarted

>weight standards
>6'7"

uh holy crap. So all branches are "strict" when it comes to height/weight and BCA. That is to say, no standards are ignored for anyone, really. You might very rarely get lucky and have someone record you as passing when you aren't, but it's rare and never something you should count on.

At your height/weight, your time in the military will be short and a living hell. Every time BCA gets done, you will be going in to get taped. Navy wants 236lbs for your height, but they'll take tape to ensure you're in body fat percentage if you're over.

I never had to be taped (70", 175lb when I was in) but my friends who did end up getting taped all the time bitched about it constantly. It's inaccurate as fuck or pretty accurate depending on who you ask, but it's always way more stressful than us lucky folks who just step on the scale then walk away.

If you're serious about it, get a hold of the Navy BCA tape standards (or a recruiter could help you out with this) and see how easily you pass. If you pass easily, it might be worth pursuing. If you're close at all then reevaluate.

Re: officer recruiting, there isn't honestly much to it AFAIK. Everything's pretty much "the needs of the service", except stuff like Nukes (which I'd avoid unless you were hardcore STEM).

Focus on your training first.. get into rangers if your good enough.. worry about merc shit in 10 years when your good enough..
Also thank you for service.

Why do you say don't get married? Is that in general milt advice or specific to that one guy? Friends brother is a ranger right now and trying to get married before he deploys to Afghanistan, and wants to do green berets I think? Is he making a mistake? Would the don't get married advice apply to me with navy?

wtf i hate strawberries now

Exactly this

>ITT: babby's first Sup Forums rolepaly
judging by your grammar alone, I doubt you'll score high enough of the ASVAB to qualify for a combat position
private military companies don't hire you unless you have combat experience

Are you fucking kidding me? EVERYONE bullshits the weigh in.

Seriously it's a non-issue, from boot camp all the way up to admirals and shit, they bs the weigh in.

Am 35 thinking of joining .6ft 5. 140 kg. Mostly muscle.. big pecs. Massive arms. Bit of a tummy..tong po kind of..
Want to make a career out of this.. dad is almost 30 years in the r.a.n. was going to talk with a recruiter. But your here..
My current career is a chef in the gold fields.. 80kpa. ( which isnt bad) and i cant do this shit forever. What do you recommend for someone like me.. i was actually thinking personal trainer .or even mechanic... im mentally switched on.. and good with my hands.. would love to do ranger based stuff. But dont even know if i would pass due to years of smoking.. ex smoker now but..

fuck you Jody

Any advice would be appreciated.
Also im in australia.

Have fun fighting for Israel while Tyrone fucks your future wife.

What

Every veteran I meet that is my age range (early 30s) said the army & navy were a good time, using their GI bill to study something worthwhile, and seem like nice people.

Marines tend to be gigantic asshole alcoholics regardless of experience, and wind up being plumbers and welders. Take that as you will.

Here's a non-complete list of the shit that can happen once you're married while you're in the military:

- wife cheats on you while you're away
- you get a divorce and it fucks up your job performance (this tends to spiral)
- you have a kid and suddenly being a raging badass gets the "am I going to see my kid again?" element
- you have a kid and get divorced and the military fucks your finance properly
- you hit your wife/kid because shit's stressful and you get NJP'd and your career is done
- you end up marrying some BAH gold-digger who chases uniforms

If you want to go out and do cool things in the military, it applies. For an officer it applies less after the first 3 or 4 years or so. For enlisted I might give it 7 years (if you want to kick down doors).

Any person who is in the military that isn't POG is or in special forces like seals, rangers, or even gone through sniper school is considered an average grunt.

>weigh-in BS

hey if you know that's the way it is in the Navy (for officers I assume, because I've known enlisted who got kicked out), then that's a data point. I never met a sailor that wouldn't blue falcon the fuck out of another on BCA, but I wasn't a sailor myself so...could be.

Do combat tours before you even try out for ranger school. If you flunk you're going to be a cook and hate yourself.

There's dudes who've totally kicked ass in basic, AIT and even overseas and still can't complete Ranger School.

Also, if you want to be a Ranger, you have to be 11B. You can always earn the ranger tab, just like non cavs can earn the spurs. But you wont be a ranger.

Man I know fuck-all about the Australian forces. Like my opinion is worthless for this.

Does RAN have "personal trainers" as a job? In US forces that's typically a billet picked up after primary job training. Like you go in as an admin clerk, you're super motivated about PT, and you apply for and get some billet to go around doing personal trainer shit.

The military will train you for literally whatever job you qualify for. So, do you love repairing cars enough (or are interested enough in) to do that as a career if you get out? If not, fuck that. Find another job you qualify for that interests you more and you want to be trained in. Like the U.S. forces will literally send you to school to learn a foreign language if you qualify on some aptitude tests.

The U.S. Navy has a saying "choose your rate, choose your fate" - a first enlistment is this golden opportunity to change basically your entire life, it's worth being a bit ambitious about what you decide to do.

Option 40 contracts have a hella high attrition rate, no lie, but it's not 100%

And they're 11-X contracts, so no you're not going to be a cook, you're going to be a grunt and that's okay too.

>- don't buy a fucking motorcycle
Why?

Most mercenary companies ONLY hire ex military.

Considering like 90% of the armed forces are combat support, there's a very small portion that are actually grunts and then in the combat arms branches there is even argument of who actually is considered a grunt, generally just infantry (when they do the judging themselves) are considered grunts.

How about british army or FFL being more suitable candidate for being employed as PMC after the service? Asking out of interest and you seem t know your shit.