Hypercrisis general

Good afternoon (or whatever your local time may be) Co! I'd like to discuss with you all the joys that are the Hypercrisis. I've come recently to the conclusion that we are not Earth 33, but something /somewhere else entirely. Id like to hear some thoughts on that. Additionally, I'd like to discuss the role of ideas and archetypes in storytelling, and Harleyanon, if youre out there today, Id like to hear more of your story!

Other urls found in this thread:

journal.transformativeworks.org/index.php/twc/article/view/442/397
www83.zippyshare.com/v/ctnEXf83/file.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Expand on your idea first.

i was already typing it up, friendo!

starting first, lets talk about dimensions, we are in the third, "they" are in the second, and the bleed, the space between space, is the fourth. now the problem with the map of the multiverse being on paper is that it not only takes out not just one, but two dimensions from it, making it unreliable. the map, in "reality" would fold in on itself in ways i cannot fully comprehend. not only would the multiverse take up infinite space but it would also only be the "size" of one universe, simply with multiple earths existing on top of eachother. of course i cant know for sure whether or not we're earth 33, but if we are, we'd have to be "far" from earth 0, or whatever the true prime earth is. given the existence of other multiverses, it is hard to say whether or not earth 0 would actually be the prime, frankly my theory is that we would be the prime earth, BUT, the way i see it, our earth, 33 or otherwise, would exist in sort of a shared space, like a ven diagram, between multiple local clusters

my theory as to not being thirty three comes from our location in relation to "non DC earths." as i see it, we would be on the cusp between multiple multiversal clusters, "closer" to the DC worlds perhaps, but "close" enough to others that we get run off from them as well. the discussion of ven diagrams brings me to the speed force wall, the barrier between things slower than light, and the light along with who knows what. I simply cannot believe that it is a literal barrier as depicted in the map, but more a current running through everything, as the speedforce is movement itself, the barrier would simply be a concept: 186,000 miles per second and beyond. Electrons are the closest thing i can think of that may come close, and even then they only graze it. the source wall on the other hand, is a more tricky concept. we have yet to find the end of our universe, and if our universe is truly infinite, then the source wall is, again, just a concept. the force needed to breach the fabric of our reality into another. Cern argued last year that they have seen particles slipping into our universe from others through tears in our reality, forbes says its bullshit, and nothing became of it since. however, just two days ago marked the 52nd week of the LHC Groups low spell on the stock market ;)

as for clusters themselves, theyre called clusters for a reason, they orbit. "our" multiverse orbits the house of heroes, cradled by the rocks of eternity and sivana, (the forces of good-evil/order-chaos) they say, what do others orbit? bringing up the rocks leads me to archetypes, its clear that everything is derivative, even batman is just a distillation of pulp, horror, thriller, spy heroes of the time. everything is of something else, jung said, and he was right, if this theory is at least, that the heroes are derivative of the gods of each multiverse, as are the villains. even the beings "beyond" the gods in the Overvoid (burbank/new york)

>Electrons are the closest thing i can think of that may come close, and even then they only graze it.

We had a whole thread months back that compared the structure of the multiverse to electron orbitals within an atom. You're not too far off base.

So it sounds to me like you see our world as something like a covalent bond, where electrons (or worlds) are shared between atoms (the distinct Multiverses) and holds them together.

So we might be Earth 33 in the Multiverse-1 designation, but have a different position in another Multiverse.

Shit we might even make the comparison to metal complexes, where our Earth is ligated to many different multiverses.

harleyanon claims her earth and ours are merging together, ive seen the mandela effect brought up in previous threads as a potential result of this merger. what is unclear to me is whether the universes were tied before her trip, or if her crossing, our potentially first breach, is what did it. what is clear to me, however, is that there is what appears to two earths merging together on the map. what is also clear, is that this earth(s) is the "start" of the "track", the skeleton of the multiverse, that earths are sent on after theyre birthed before they ultimately find their place and settle. similar, in my view, to how vesicles carry things along the cytoskeleton. in our world, these other earths appear to exist 2 dimensionally and from our perspective, we create them before shuttling them along to settle. im not saying this is our earth or anything, but if harleyanon is to be believed, its where i would put my money.

Daddy, what's Hypercrisis?

im still not sure how i see it, the multiverse doesnt appear to function like anything ive ever studied, but existing in the fourth dimension means it wouldnt. in such threads ive seen comparisons to the transition metals, but i didnt quite wrap my head around them. and we certainly have other designations for other multiverses, such as earth 1218 in mahvel. anyone have an update on the marvel multiverse map that kind user was building.
everything that is, was, and ever will be user

>everything that is, was, and ever will be user
Do I need drugs for this?

it couldnt hurt, ive been trying to understand the science involved with the theories better and my sobriety has helped with that, but if my memory serves the user who first stumbled upon it was trippin balls.

journal.transformativeworks.org/index.php/twc/article/view/442/397
heres an interesting read on it user

I have no idea what's going on, but I'm not in a hurry to go anywhere, might learn about this madness.

what ive learned is no one has any idea whats going on, especially in regards to this, it is happening all around us and we are simply peeking in.

How do you anons think rebirth would factor in? wll, wat we know of rebirth so far

Someone should make a pamphlet called "Hypercrisis - What does it mean for you?"

what would it include?
gotta write a lab report, if other anons could bump/update id appreciate it, or not.

Well basically what the concept means and where we, the common man, stand in this cosmic shenanigans.
And maybe some proselytizing, like making it a Chick tract.

after i finish my report i may try my hand at making one, but it would need heavy editing, not very computor savvy

also could you rec me some Chick, ive been meaning to get into his writing but ive just not

This and the Galactus one were what I was thinking about when I said that. But it's fine, really.
There's really nothing to recommend, it's all the same shit that always ends with Faceless Jesus/God on his throne sending people to Hell.
I really liked the one where the godless minions of the Anti-Christ take over the world and Christianity becomes illegal.

i've not seen the galactus one, the darkseid one is clearly Chick inspired from the few ones ive seen

The Galactus one is basically the same thing, it's Reed Richards explaining to some kids they're completely fucked because the FF are so often away from Earth the chances of them being eaten is fairly high.

There IS something happening with this Earth and how it connects to the multiverse(s).
In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's already happened, but the fruit of the event has yet to revealed. Give it time to grow and ripen. It will be revealed in time.
Earths operate on different timelines. Some, Like Earth 2 had their heroes appear early in the 20th century, Earth 1 had the heroes appear mid century. Some are yet to have it happen.

I'm a complete straight-edge but I still get really into the Hypercrisis theorizing. Drugs are not necessary.

A good background in phenomenology, the sciences and religious studies helps a lot though.

kek sounds grand.
SOMETHING is happening, ill agree, i just hope it doesnt end up we were earth fifty one and the "happening" is the great disaster.
anyone ever take the hypercrisis to /sci/? i know /x/ enjoys it.

I have none of these things, I'm just a history student.

Every Earth has to face it's own "Great Disaster" at some point in time. That's just the way the cosmos works.
But no. What's happening and what will be revealed is going to be wonderful

I said this back when DCU Rebirth first came out earlier this year, but the DCU Multiverse tends to replicate aspects of itself when those parts are either removed from the continuity or made inaccessible.

The cities and characters taken from the previous continuities by Bleediac that factored into Convergence didn't disappear from the DCU entirely, but continued to exist in a different form following major changes to that continuity. Wally was a major exception to this as he was removed entirely from the post-Flashpoint timeline, but continued to exist in the Speed Force, outside of that timeline. Then when he comes back into continuity, he becomes something of a Schrodinger's Cat, both having always existed in post-Flashpoint (with the Titans' memories) with continuity established, and also existing only in the pre-Flashpoint continuity (classic Wally with all his experiences in those stories intact). Barry is also starting to get hit with this disparity, as being so deeply connected to the Speed Force like Wally, he has an avenue to recognize and remember information from the pre-Flashopint continuity before Manhattan fucked with it.

The other Titans only account for the disparity with Abra's meddling, but all he did was prevent Wally from being incorporated into the post-Flashpoint timeline, other larger changes were being manipulated by Manhattan.

That's as good a start as any. I'm Catholic, and you'd be surprised how much theological philosophy fits in with some Hypercrisis concepts.

thats the dream user.

So i've had a thought.

So you know how Sup Forums always jokes about Stan Lee being this soul sucking immortal? How he takes the lives of other people (some famous) to sustain his own? If that were somehow true, then what would be his endgame? Why hasn't he retired long ago and lived somewhere quiet like Ditko? Why is he still making those cameos, and appearances? Hell, why hasn't he died yet?

Well, let's think about one of Lee's (co-)creations for a second, Galactus.

Now I don't know much about the guy myself, but from what I've heard, Galactus consumes planets (or rather their life energy) to sustain himself, and that he has some sort of ultimate purpose in the Marvel universe, also that people see him as some sort of big bad evil guy, when he's more a neutral, "force of nature" type being. Not evil.

Compare this to Stan Lee. Sup Forumsdances around the idea that he has this dark need to keep himself from dying, to keep himself "full" with life. Evil.

But is he? Could it be that Stan Lee is trying to keep himself going in order to watch for something? Something he knew was going to affect the universe, and had dedicated the rest of his life preventing?

If the Hypercrisis is showing signs of happening, then what's holding it back so much?

tl;dr Stan Lee is preventing the Hypercrisis. Whether it's for good or for evil, i don't know.

Galactus is a force of the universe necessary to main the process of death and rebirth. Without him we get the Cancerverse.

Holding off the Hypercrisis can be said to be the opposite, allowing the stagnation of our universe and preventing the truth of the cosmos from being revealed to us.

Galactus eats worlds in the hopes that when his present universes seizes to be, he can make a new one.
Maybe Stan Lee devours the creators (Sources) so he can create anew. Your theory of him holding it back would imply that the creators were causing some sort of imbalance in reality by the simple act of creation.

Perhaps Lee acts as an Anti-Galactus?

Or maybe he's just a Talent-Vampire who needs the creative juices and inspiration of other people to prolong his existence.
Talent-Vampires sound like creatures Morrison could write.

well dubs confirm it to me, what you said in the first sentence resonated with me, their universe, like our earth and probably universe as a whole, is cyclical.
>time vampires
pic

whoops misread talent as time, but hey vampires is vampires

anyone in this thread been reading doom patrol and other young animal books?

>January's Superman comic will go full Multiversity
>DC might use this opportunity to launch some Elseworlds-based monthlies

I'm stoked.

Never read any Doom Patrol, period.

Reminder that Christopher Reeve was born in 1952 and died at age 52.

Don't forget Wally and pre-Flashpoint Superman are going to be meeting in an upcoming issue.

firstly, you should correct that, secondly, curent run seems to be dealing with parallel earths? its hard to tell for me right now

Is it too late to get off the ride?

sadness, but also hypercrisis.

no blue pill for this

Where do I start?

There's the original series, but most people will recommend Morrison's run. Both are good.

I'll try the original first just to see some 60's goofiness.

personally i would start from the very beginning, Moz' run may be more accessible though. wouldnt recommend starting with Way's current run, but working up to it instead i suppose.

>phenomenology, the sciences and religious studies

Exclude the science and that list is correct

Try a bit, then go to Morrison at issue 16 of the next volume.

porque at issue 16 mi anonimo amigo

Truth is truth. There is also the truth of how our universe is ordered and operates. In that cosmic order we find a reflection of other truths and gain a deeper understanding of our own place within its structure.

The universe is a created place that operates on physical laws laid down by a creator. Just as how you can tell the intended purpose of a piece of furniture, as well as some things about the carpenter by its shape, composition and style, we can know aspects of God and his intention for this universe by studying its order and composition. Understanding that, it is folly to ignore the physical and empirical entirely.

But God is a man-made concept. If there is a God/gods responsible for our universe, this must be because they are writing stories about us even as we write about them.
LOOP

>But God is a man-made concept.

We are made in God's image, not the reverse.

All truth reflects the higher purpose of the universe in union with God.

But every god to ever exist has been invented by people.

Certain concepts of God have fallen short of who He is, by the fact that we are limited mortals and parts of God's being will always be unknowable from that limited perspective. But every society has a concept that the universe has a higher purpose that encompasses and surpasses the simple physical world. It is that ontological concept, the striving to reach that highest ideal of goodness and truth, that reflects our understanding of God.

Morrison tries to ascribe that understanding of truth to some deep gnostic aspect of Humanity that can be reawakened to achieve the fullness of truth, but that's like unlocking a box with a crowbar that is contained within it. I'm totally on board with the Hypercrisis until that part.

People often attribute anthropomorphic attributes to animals and forces of nature and are mistaken in doing so.
I think you calling "God" a "He" shows you're limited in your thinking. The idea of taking "goodness", a subjective, very human concept, and assuming higher forms of existence would care about our ideas of it beyond novelty shows this as well.
Although if beings exists above us are capable of creating worlds the same way we create fictional worlds, then our understanding of morality and any other such concept would of course be as flat and lacking in depth as those of fictional characters, though in that the limitations on us would be a reflection of the limitations of our creators' skills.

have you ever read Jonathan Livingston Seagull? theres a quote from it that i dont remember perfectly, but the idea i got from it was that god isnt any being, but an idea of perfection for man to strive to achieve.
this user gets it, though it could just be the same user, who knows, but if there are god(s) they would exist fourth dimensionally, maybe fifth or sixth, looking down on us just as we look down on our two-dimensional creations.

>Jonathan Livingston Seagull
Fucking love that book. Read it for the first time as a kid because my dad had it and it went so over my head.

>I think you calling "God" a "He" shows you're limited in your thinking.

"He" can be used for indeterminate or unknown gender, silly. God is infinite and as both man and woman are made in his image, he would have aspects of both masculine and feminine sides of humanity.

If anything it sounds like you guys are limiting God by claiming that he is only a creation of our own consciousness.

>God is infinite and as both man and woman are made in his image
I can buy this in so much as the male and female characters in a story are both the author's creations and shaped after what they view as these things as being.
>he would have aspects of both masculine and feminine sides of humanity.
Suppose this would make sense in the scenario that the divine is projected from the minds of both men and women, and in the scenario that both male and female forms are projected from the divine, but this of course would lead us to wonder as to what the manifestation of male and female in our world can tell us about the relations the divine has with these genders. To put it plainly, have men in general had the run over women in our society because God himself is pussywhipped and he seeks to use our world as escapism?
> limiting God by claiming that he is only a creation of our own consciousness
The human concepts are all creations of the human consciousness.

We have the answer for that already. Men and women were created by God to model the perfected union and self-giving love that God shows us through their relations with each other. That relation became disordered following the Fall and expulsion from the garden of Eden.

Here's hoping the Hypercrisis will backfire and turn our world into a hellhole when the Source Wall finally breaks down.

Remember, we've already had horror clowns, a Poison Ivy and meme magic used for Trump's campaign. Grant Morrison is the architect of the world's demise, he's literally Satan.

You'll have to pardon me for not taking Jewish myths as fact in this scenario, user. Deist or pantheist concepts of God I'm willing to put up with, but even if many of the people who started up Capes were Jews, it doesn't mean I have to put up with this tomfoolery.
And don't forget Baneposting turning real and crashing a plane.

The world's always been fucking crazy. Remember people have been predicting an imminent apocalypse for thousands of years. When the jews got kicked out of Jerusalem and the temple destroyed they thought it was over and the end times were on them. People during the fall of the Roman Empire, the Black Plague, y2k.

We just see the same sins and flaws of humanity played out again and again in different contexts and on different scales.

Why do you accept Deistic or Pantheistic views of the world over Judeo-Christian worldviews? What makes them more plausible? The fact that they don't call for radical reexamination and repentence in your life?

There's a clay tablet from Assyria that's like 3000 years old claiming the world was coming to an end because the young no longer respected their elders.

Sounds like God's a really unoriginal story writer if he repeats the same shit over and over.

I accept them because they're novel concepts that can be entertained as hypotheticals, where as actual religions are patently false in many of their claims and their gods are ACTUALLY man made constructs that have undergone radical changes, evolution and retcons.
God's ability to write stories could very well be limited by God's Editor who just wants the same old shit because it sells.
Or maybe there's been several Gods and that's the reason for the Mass Extinction Events, essentially crisis's to wipe out the old and start up something new under a different creative team.

God continually recreates the universe and sustains it through his presence. Nothing exists unless he wills it.

Only humanity could find a way to get bored with it and fuck everything up.

>pantheism
>novel concept

Excuse me

what

personally, multiple gods has always made more sense to me than one above all, even the torah makes reference to other gods, and there have been too many retcons in the abrahamic religions for my taste.
just like us

What, you don't think it's a neat little idea that doesn't actually mean anything?
If humanity has the power to fuck everything up, doesn't it then follow that God's power is limited by what we project it to be?

I've always wanted to sell out my species to Darkseid. Maybe I can live long enough to do it.

Darkseid will sit in your comfy chair, use your toilet without flushing and drink your beers.

God allows us to fuck up. Salvation would be meaningless if we had no choice in the matter.

>Only humanity could find a way to get bored with it and fuck everything up.
Okay, so I'm thinking this right:
52 different sigils made by different people each, with the intent to 'break down the Source Wall'.

Then we align these 52 sigils like the universes in the Multiversity guidebook, create a story around it to turn it into a hypersigil and we collectively jerk off to it/charge it within a 24-hour timespan.

>implying Darkseid would deign to imbibe in user's shitty beer
how would we go about that

Sounds like the Big Two, doesn't it?

If you're asking the fucking basic bitch, entry level philosophy 101 course question about the "problem of evil", then think about this. How can we learn or understand compassion if there were not evils and injustices that need to be addressed. We would just be creatures who don't understand what it means to empathize with someone, or understand what it means to build community with people of disparate backgrounds.

Jokes on you, I don't have beer. I have an obsession with Reed's Ginger Brew though.

How does Sup Forums usually get its collective efforts done? It might as well become a tumblr/Reddit project if you actually want to see it happen (even if Sup Forums is fucking tsundere for those).

shits cash user

>maybe there's been several Gods and that's the reason for the Mass Extinction Events, essentially crisis's to wipe out the old and start up something new under a different creative team.
>You will never feel the salt of Dino earth being rebooted to human Earth

i guess make a thread about it, organize and execute, and geeterdun.

before this thread goes down id like to thank everyone for participating, i had fun.

No problem, Hypercrisis threads don't always get huge amounts of new material, but they're always fun to participate in.

i think as rebrith progresses dedicated anons will find new things, and even if they dont, all will be well

The Doom Patrol in it's original incarnation is pretty interesting, reading it a team book but a different type than the teams which pre-date it, such as the JSA or the teams that initially came afterwards, such as the JLA and the Fantastic Four. The characters are really pretty interesing once you read a bit of the early run. You might check out your library or sites where you can download scans (which I'm pretty sure is all that exists of early Doom Patrol, except for say a Showcase compilation.

Someone already did. It's 200 pages long. Here.

www83.zippyshare.com/v/ctnEXf83/file.html

you remember harleyanon too ? i only know her from one post, does she frequently post here

We have Wally meeting Superman, the Superman multiverse story, maybe the Rebirth holiday special to keep an eye on. Things are just keeping things warm for now.

he argues that goodness, a human concept indeed, and humans as well are modeled and come from god himself. i kinda agree with this, god is probably this super objective in regards to people but can recognize the human definition of good and bad and wants us to do good

not frequently, or at least, she doesnt reveal herself frequently. she posted last night or the night before in pseudohypercrisis thread where people were talking about the clowns, batmen, billionaire presidents, poison ivy seducing and luring men into self harm, and the whole south korea thing, but the thread pruned shortly after

i remember the thread, haven't bothered with it much. either way real life batmen and clowns are ideas perpetrated by fiction so they're not really part of hypercrisis like baneposting was. what about irl poison ivy tho ? i haven't heard much about that

i agree about the clowns and batmen teebeeaych. some chick in runsecape or somesuch lures lonely, gullible me into chatting with her and then convinces them to self harm on camera, give it a google, pretty neat stuff

Online social media poster who calls herself "Poison Ivy" who's seduced then bullied men into suicide.

Sounds like the clowns and batman. Just someone inspired by ideas.