Zootopia

Honest Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8vGjmZNbKGE
youtube.com/watch?v=h8TPSn_6HMc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The detail was amazing.
I think it was a good decision to change the point of view from Nick to Judy in order to lighten the mood of the film.
I hope that all the mindless bureaucracy and inter-office politics don't grind down Judy's hope and optimism.

The worldbuilding was a lot more interesting than the story itself.

10/10

Thought it was great. Can't wait for the sequel.

indeed

Worse than Moana

Besides the forced politically correct terminology, I thought it was pretty damn good.

I enjoyed it quite a bit and appreciated the level of craftsmanship put into the setting as a whole. Really made the world come alive more than a cast of celebrity VOs could. I even bought the book.

That said, I find I spend most of my time in these threads perversely shipping the living hell out of Nick and Judy.

Great art, fun script. The world building was so great that you forget it's a city of talking animals and four completely different ecosystems.

No real weaknesses, all around good film.

Pretty boring, desu.

"What if animals did people things" has been done to death.

nice meme, guys.

I know that it's been done since cartoons began but the issue that I find is its trying to tackle a human issues, racism, to creatures that are so different from each other to try to call them equal.

what meme?

I agree with everything said above, it's a pretty solid movie, but they violate this rule here a couple times.

i was one of the first guys hyped over this movie, made few memes, hyped people with that silly billion "ladder" thingie, then reality hit like a brick.

Just enjoy what we got, a good movie about talking animals (with meh music, Moana will be exact opposite).

Judy just got a ton more attractive knowing she would vote for Trump. No doubt Hillary would remind her of Bellwether with all of the corruption.

Zootopia will fuck FEEL THE ETHNIC shitskin Moana in the box office, just like it fucked Finding Faggot Dory despite having a fraction of the marketing budget and promotional effort.

Moana must fail if Zootopia is to survive

>good movie with meh music, Moana will be exact opposite
So... shit movie with great music?

exactly. It will be just like Frozen.

>Talking animals vs brown people movie

Nah m8

The inherent differences of the animals had very little, if not nothing, to do with the theme of prejudice. The setting of Zootopia was clearly built to suit everyone's differences. The theme was almost entirely focused on the dichotomy of prey and predators.

>Frozen
>Good music

Oh please

Nothing special. Not bad but not that great either.
I'm assuming the popularity is mostly furries, right?

I want to fuck the bunny.....oh the movie was pretty good.

two hours of animals badmouthing each other with a fox acting like a complete faggot.

>10/10
>not 100/10

just one catchy song will do, and BAM you've got a hit.

You mean two movies about talking a

No, too easy

youtube.com/watch?v=8vGjmZNbKGE

exactly. Zootopia had, like what, Shakira?

who listens to her anymore?

But thats legit catchy, not pop garbage

preachy and blatantly political

This

>I galleon nick & judy

i don't get it

still, would show it to my kids

yeah, that was my favorite part too, shame about these unused locations, but they weren't needed for the story.

So the predators were supposed to be niggers and shitskins, right?

WHO IS DRIVING?

So this movie is about pacific Island Herakles?

>Moana must fail if Zootopia is to survive
what

Foxes were obviously gypsies

yes, but that was in the SJW version

it's the TLK vs Pocahontas meme someone created.

An honest 10/10 movie

But that music video at the end was weird. It made me really uncomfortable when that all those shirtless tigers were dancing. I feel like that scene would have been better if it was Gazelle singing but instead it panned to each character doing a little dance to the song in their respective spot (like the fat leopard at his desk)

GTFO

Honest thought: there's nothing to talk about. Really.

Anthro characters in every other movie just look like shit to me now.

frozen: "muh snow"
zootopia; "muh fur"
moana: "muh water"

when you have shitload of money you can pull off such stuff, i prefer engaging stories.

Honest thought: Good movie.
A world of exceptional quality
Extremely attractive characters
It was the tinsiest bit boring, but that doesn't derail the whole thing.
Can't wait for the sequel.

>sequel

you really bieleve in that? what kind of story you could tell in same city so it wont feel like retelling?

something about building a wall to keep the reptiles out

Disney's Black Lives Matter.

Maybe go to the bird town, the reptile town, the aquatic creature town

Fucking anywhere

Literally anything. Did you watch a movie set in New York and think "How could they possibly make another movie set in this city?"

It turned me uinto a furry

Buddy cop movies get sequels all the time.

It was fucking good.

youtube.com/watch?v=h8TPSn_6HMc

Subtle.

You were always a furry, user. It was right there, in your heart, the whole time.

A WHOLE NEW WOOOOOOOOORRRRLD

>that voice acting

Maybe but I've never fapped to it before I watched Zootopia

Fully enjoyed it.

Loved the racial undertones and how both carnivores and herbivores made a grey area of both sides being discriminated and how both sides had their own sensitivities to consider.

Damn good buddy cop move that actually deserves the "Lets give Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks an award even though animation is a medium and not a genre just so it can never touch Best Picture and ruin our adult movies for adults like us" award

Damn shame Moana gonna steal it from Zootopia just for being far more fresh in voters minds

/trash/ seems to give Shakira a pass because she's the reason Gazelle has hips at all.

Too preachy.

yeh, it was released too early. just like the other great movie that got snubbed by... uh...

>Damn shame Moana gonna steal it from Zootopia just for being far more fresh in voters minds

Also Moana will have songs. People in this day and age WILL meme the fuck out of at least one of them to whore themselves for views and celebrity status after what happened with Frozen

I liked all the little details.

Amazing the movie turned out as well as it did considering they scrapped the whole fucking thing so late in production.

I don't know how anyone can find abbos interesting.

yah, how much of it was actually animated and rendered?

Didn't live up to the hype for me at all

The city was pretty cool looking though and I enjoyed that whole chase through the mouse city

>People think it won't get a sequel after making a BILLION FUCKING DOLLAREEDOOS

It will get a sequel.
I just really don't want it to.

Let it become a timeless classic in it's own right instead of Shreking this shit.

Awards, man. It's about the awards. If Zootopia doesn't win an Oscar it's not going to get a sequel, and we've seen that the Oscar committee votes on animation like fucking idiots: whatever is fresh in their minds will win, and Moana will be fresh in their minds and thus get the most votes (of the people who do vote, since most people abstain because they think watching animated movies is fucking beneath them, the snobs).

i think a short or two in the unused locations would suffice without tarnishing the original.

A sequel would be good. Now they have sure footing in the world they made and can focus on a better story and take their time. Fuck a series though

ONE
BILLION
RICHARD NIXON FUNBUCKS
Unless Disney suddenly decided they hate money they'll make another one

That would be a waste of a rich world

Why is an entire district of the city called a "square"? That's stupid.

you'll have your comics. sadly Zootopia is not as popular as you think.

Shut up, nerd

Sequel would be ok, but it probably wouldn't have the same kind of sudden profoundness that made Zootopia stick out in collective mind.

3 MINUS 2
MILLION WITH A B
SACAGAWEAS

It's a big square you dink

Popular enough in the markets their accountants count on.

The problem is its way more popular than Disney thinks.

there are two kinds of animated sequels:

"more of the same" and "comedy relief gets the spotlight"

both suck.

Maybe among the internet weirdo crowd

>ONE
>BILLION
>RICHARD NIXON FUNBUCKS

The Lion King made close to one billion dollars, and at the time it WAS the most successful animated film ever released until Finding Nemo. Even so, it remains to this day one of the highest grossing animated films of all time.

What did it get? Two direct to video sequels.

right
so let me give disney more money for a sequel

I'm sure they've learned from their mistakes.

Sucks that Zootopia won't be in the next Kingdom Boysu Ravu

gettin the jungle book treatment too
Though I guess thats most of them by now.
RIP

The real tragedy of Zootopia is knowing that Judy had exactly 3 bad days in Zootopia before she was a hero while Nick lived there for 20 year and an had an awful life

Nick is a literal millionaire. Shit was going pretty well for him when we saw him. Yeah tragic flashbacks and whatevs but it got better.

More then that. After Nick leaves the city goes to shit over the course of at least a few weeks and the whole time she blames herself.

that was the point, to show kids bullying is bad.

>Nick is a literal millionaire

I'm pretty sure he was bullshitting.

>Nick is a literal millionaire. Shit was going pretty well for him when we saw him.
What exactly was Nick spending his hustle money on if he was living under a fucking bridge?

>Nick is a literal millionaire.
It seems to be eaten by his expenses somehow.