So after watching this video by Rebel Media I am totally in the right to say they are dogshit

So after watching this video by Rebel Media I am totally in the right to say they are dogshit.

Hurr hurr video games and liking movies are childish and shouldnt happen hurr duurr! Im right because im a manly man!!!

I have been around video games for awhile and they are far from childish. Most games nowadays are rated M anyway and contain graphic content and themes. Its like saying a rated R movie is for kids because it has robots in it.

I want this dude to get his throat cut by a spear.

Sauces: youtu.be/eTdgHsifK38

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ou09P0GyU8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bait or actual retard?

Video games are an art form, and art can be used for almost any purpose.

Honestly, lots of video games are useless time sinks. The same way typical american television tends to be a useless time sink, even narrative television mostly follows the format of sucky, pointless, never ending stories with terrible storytelling. (Lost:BAD Stranger Things:GOOD)

An example of a video game that I consider to be good art: Portal

1) Short, not a time sink
2) Has a well structured story
3) Doesn't disrespect the player with shiny trinkets designed to manipulate your out of your money

Video games now are where film was in the 30s. It's a new art form that needs to be developed by people who understand how much a force for good art can be.

My childhood ended when I first revved the lancer.

It's just Gavin trying to score good goy points from older cuckservatives and insecure young cuckservatives who were 'born in the wrong generation'

To add:

Art reflects the world view of the artist, as well as informing the worldview of the person viewing the art.

Artists have incredible influence over a culture's world view. The idea that we should just give up and let somebody else define culture for us is a KEKED way of seeing the world.

(Cucked. Not Keked.)

Take a childish fantasy idea. Make the characters say some swear words, and show some bloody violence. Suddenly it's no longer a childish fantasy.

Great theory, manchild.

Capslocked cuck is the only one still filtered, retard

someone post gavins bhole pics

Jesus, he looks like a hipster.

You're missing the point faggot. Instead of playing video games go be a useful contributing member of society.

fpbp

Gavin McInnes is just the 2016 version of Anthony Cumia, and inherited his network.

He's a meme. He can be funny, and occasionally catch a good edge, but he's ultimately a vapid and unimpressive meme.

just a well disguised viral advertisement, disregard

vidya is degenerate, it's a violation of your own agency. if you do not understand that then you don't belong here. also not your personal army

I think he is one of the actual creators of the Hipster style when he co-founded Vice media ~10 years ago.

Things that pseudo alpha males do:
>Grow beards and participate in beard culture (aka, I don't have a decent job that pays over $20k/yr or the basic will power to shave every day)
>Talking about meat and meat like things such as saying, "Anyone who likes a steak cooked over medium rare is a pussy!"
>Reading books on "manliness" because they were raised by single mothers and didn't have a father kek
>They constantly go to www.artofmanliness.com
>Look like a lumberjack despite living in an urban city
>White knight because "muh chivalry"

Did I miss anything else, faggots?

>gavin
>manly man
he's a fag

>a manly man!!!
>Make videos about stuff you don't like and post it on the internet

Acting like a woman is as far from manly as you can get.

>not liking meat
gaaaay

every second of our lives has to be spent contributing to society? that would cause a lot of stress for people if they had zero time for themselves just to relax. and considering that working some of these mundane and repetetive tasks can sometimes be destructive to your health, mental or physical.

You pretty much got it
I would also add "I would kill my son if he was gay" and things to that effect

You can like meat faggot, but acting like a fucking steak connoisseur the epitome of wannabe alpha.

>not being a meat connoisser
stick to your grass sticks fuccboi

Your ID is literally "boipussy" so fuck off Ahmed.

You got triggered by a video from over a year ago. Great Job!

>discussing masculinity on a Zambian slave-trading forum

wew lad

Liking videogames and movies to the point of obsession is childish and pathetic. You can e a movie "buff" and not be in this catagory but when its beyond something fun you do once in a while, its a self destructive obsession. I have a sister that all she cares about is movies and movie posters, toys, book, whatever. That is all she cares about and its become autistic. 35 years old and all she has in her life is movies. That is it. Now tell e that is not childish and pathetic.

When Gavin thinks of video games he imagines WoW and Pokemon not Metal Gear Solid 2 or Bioshock.

You know exactly what he means when he says childish, child.

>Artisan craft beer
>activated almonds
>cultures his own vegetables

He's a fucking nu male faggot.

Look at him. Just look at him.

Yeah, Gavin totally spends every waking hour of his life being a contributing member of society.

Because he never tells stories about his coke filled weekend where he bar hops despite and gets blackout drunk despite having kids at home.

His point is retarded. Why would anybody willingly contribute more to this BS than they need to?

Fuck you are stupid. Just because you morally find something childish doesnt mean that it is. Everyone enjoys different shit you plain as day fuck. I like my little pony so... Its pretty manly to me

Obsession isn't necessarily a bad thing. Anyone genuinely at the top of their field probably did so as a result of passion.

I'm curious about what kind of movies a 35 year old woman obsesses about. Star Wars?

>I have been around video games for awhile and they are far from childish. Most games nowadays are rated M anyway and contain graphic content and themes.

This is the dumbest counter argument I have ever heard. You're a manchild, videos games are for children. Just because there are video games catering to overgrown children doesn't mean they aren't childish.

Dude, running around shooting cap guns and attacking your friends with toy swords isn't childish because guns and swords and killing aren't for children. This is serious adult stuff.

You are just bland. What do you do all day? Pick your nose???

What's wrong with growing your own veggies? It's pretty relaxing and i'm yet to meet someone claiming it to be "manly".

He contributes to society of course!

I don't really see how anyone could disagree with him. Video games are a waste of money and time and you don't get any sort of real reward or learn anything from them.
>but it's fun!
Lots of things are fun. You know what I find fun? Actually doing something. I'd rather spend my afternoon under my car and end up covered in oil, but at the end of the day, I'll have accomplished something by replacing my clutch. What will you have?
>look I got this gold trophy
Wow good for you

>entertainment media is waste of time

Do you just sit in the office all day and not goto your childrens baseball games because you are so bloated with work

Would this apply to other art forms such as film?

Are you referring to the concept of interactive media, or just video games in their current incarnation?

Twilight 50shades

How is this an argument? Because I don't condone wasting your life in front of a TV, I must be a wage slave?
Going to your kid's baseball game is the kind of thing you SHOULD be doing. Not playing MLB 2k17 or whatever.

I personally don't watch any TV or movies, but going to see a movie once a month or so isn't the end of the world. It's something you can go out and do with your friend and family, so at least there's that.
What Gavin is talking about the guys who have failed at being adults and play like 5 hours of Call of Duty every single day.

Actually, yeah, totally agree with you.

Why do video games breed so many quick-tempered nu-males? Well-adjusted people simply do not play video games.

You saying MLB 2K just makes it out that you dont know what the fuck you are talking about. Here is the thing old man, if you like going outside and being a wage cuck thats fine. But dont shit on people that enjoy entertaining media. Media has a truckload of jobs and has its place in society. Enjoying video games is totally fine no matter the age. Also it creates a better connection with your children. If you are a faggot dad you will end up with a degenerate liberal.

So do people who play video games.

I go to work, the gym, read books, keep my house in order, and sometimes I do what I'm doing right now.

I use to play video games all the time, when I was younger. The reason I don't play them now isn't because I simply think they are childish, I receive no enjoyment from them. I receive no enjoyment from playing with cap guns anymore, or toy swords, or action figures, or hot-wheels..

You do realize that this is not The Rebel's official stance on gaming. This is the equivalent of an opinion column.

So you maintain and thats it. That is your life. Better off killing yourself then. This is coming from a game devloper who makes 600k a year

Man this ad hominem is just sad. Protip: it doesn't help your case, it makes you seem immature.
The entertainment industry may create jobs but they're worthless jobs that don't need to exist. Coca Cola and Pepsi also create jobs and bring in massive revenue but imagine how stupid someone would sound if they said "Mountain Dew is just as good as water. If you want to drink water, that's fine, but don't shit on people who drink 2 litres of bubbly sugar water every day"

Also, this is my favorite part, video games absolutely do not create better connections with your children; they prevent said connections. For starters, most gamers don't have kids and never will.

I have 4 kids. Fuck you and my 5 year old son would kick your ass

Maintain? I don't lift to maintain. I don't read to maintain. I don't go to work to maintain. If this is what you get out of these activities, I can assure you that you are doing them incorrectly.

I make more than I did last year, I know more than I did last year, I lift more than I did last year.

I guess I should play video games because that is more productive.

I want to fucking fight you

No you don't.

>Most games nowadays are rated M anyway and contain graphic content and themes.

They're still childish, you autist.

The average video gamer is 30, and that includes mobile games. In reality, the average console and computer gamer is a male in their mid to late 30s.

Portugal is raging its tits off today. Did your fb team lose?

>actually taking Gavin McInnes seriously
Fucking kill yourself

He's right about games being for children

He's wrong about telling us to "man up" though. We have no incentive for traditionalism.

dat Like/dislike bar looks like something the Young Turks would get.

this guy is the biggest douche on the universe
all he does is pulling rank on millennials and he dresses like a 18 year old hipster

fuck this guy

It isn't even just the art aspect, playing something like a competitive match of CSGO with a party of 5 using team communication and strategy activates your brain in the right way. Compare that to watching television in the same amount of time and you are essentially in a near sleep state. How Gavin can say ALL games are for children is retarded, he has never actually played a mulitplayer game if he really believes that.

alphas are a meme
the only thing that makes you qualify as an alpha is being good with woman

Anything with the word "Rebel" in it is actually mainstream these days

>Talking about meat and meat like things such as saying, "Anyone who likes a steak cooked over medium rare is a pussy!"
This is perfectly ok though

Hahah fuckin keked hard

Also

> Not training properly
> Surfing the web all day long
> Shitposts at different forums, think he does change
> basically what we are all doing here

CHANGE YOURSELVES MEN!

> youtube.com/watch?v=4ou09P0GyU8

Games are for children

Bunch of butthurt fags here

I watched 80 episodes of TGMS in less than 2 weeks. Hes good. Really funny, the video game autism doesn't matter. Im not such a faggot that i call myself a gamer, but i play a shit ton of games.

Just fuck already.

Thank you.

I've played video games since I was a young kid. Very young.

I'm bored of them now, but I still press on and play them, because I need to finish a sizeable Steam backlog, and play a few other games here and there I've been meaning to play.

I can do whatever I want, but if you don't like me playing video games, you're free to buy my Steam account and games for me at a profit. Otherwise, shut up.

>calls people childish for having meme forms of entertainment
>literally makes out with men to prove a point

Gavin is a fucking faggot and completely lacks self awareness.

>CSGO
>babby can't pway weal counta stwike

1.6 will always be king

(or whatever 1.X version you prefer)

It's hilarious the parallels and the doublethink between the modern, shallow, de-feminized women Sup Forums bitches about, and the eternal teenage, video game obsessed boy they these same femnazis castrate and hate.

You deserve each other. Actual working men and feminine women are busy having families while you two bitch are bitching.

gavin's a troll :DD

CSGO felt like playing for a big bag of watered down shit. Q3>CS>Unreal>piss>shit>csgo> whatever kids play nowadays

he's right though. Video games are for children. It doesn't matter if its M rated if it still has batman in it. Why do you think comic book conventions are full of adults who dress and act like children? Because they cling to their "Fandoms" that are marketed to children

>Not understanding the difference between childish and designed for kids.

This is why you're more than likely a basement dwelling NEET.

1.6 is better but there isn't really much of a player base

He has a point in a way. I like Gavin a lot but he can be an idiot, however using movies and games (and anime) to escape real life problems is childish. Leasure time yes, escapism no.

>Leasure time yes

no. Leisure time is better spent with productive hobbies e.g. reading a book or playing an instrument

Gavin is a retard, and gets knocked the fuck out in real life when he steps up. He is funny sometimes although very rarely.

guys who feel the need to constantly assert how "alpha" they are, are generally really insecure and vulnerable little cucks

it's the equavalent of being a biker with a loud ass bike, they just need attention

Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, Anything with Brad Pitt, Keanu Reeves, Keith somebody, Lord of the Rings. Basically anything that is a cult following, blown out of proportion fantasy, progressive social society and anything that can be considered pop culture.

I guess that is why no one like her and only tolerates her out of pity because she can't hold a conversation without it going into movies or only buys movie related gifts for holiday or birthdays.

Judging by how you replied, you're just projecting your own falacy onto others in a vein attempt to be progressive. Video games, movies, tv shows in pop culture is what is wrong with society.

True, but at what point does the obsession become ridiculous and damaging to one self? The whole entire point of my example is that this is literally her life. Movies and work. That is it, she has nothing to show for it besides a massive movie collection and toys. She doesn't have a home of her own, anything remotely considered a necessity and no ambitions in life outside of seeing the next new hit.

why is reading a book or playing an instrument more productive than gaming or watching a movie?

in what way do you contribute to society by playing an instrument or reading a book?

you're retarded

I guarantee you're too stupid to play Hearts of Iron.

Scratch that, you're probably too dumb to play fucking civ v.

Fuck this faggot. He is literally a hipster who instead spews alt-right memes. Canada banned his ass now he leeches in America.

you contribute to your own development and self worth, dipshit. You can't put "Anime pro" on a resume

civ 4 is better. I've played a lot of video games in my time, I've just given them up. There are exceptions, but not many

There have been numerous studies that answer your exact question. Reading stimulates your brain more. It literally really makes you think.

>There are exceptions
So you're saying not all games are a degenerate waste of time aimed at children.

k

are you really this autistic?

what do you put on your resume - "i read books and play guitar"?

literally no employer gives a fuck what you do in your free time, all that matters is your education and experience

get a fucking grip, moron, it doesn't matter what you do during your leasure time

This whole video is literally "REEEEE stop liking things I don't like" autism, I'll take Gavin seriously when he stops trying to be an edgelord contrarian about everything to earn his good boy points with Reagan's ghost and to piss off Shane Smith.

>So you're saying not all games are a degenerate waste of time aimed at children

Pokemon Go certainly is