Me tie doughty walker

Me tie doughty walker!

Other urls found in this thread:

scaryforkids.com/stories-to-tell/
youtube.com/watch?v=jzm3sNl8VwQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's funny, I grew up in West Virginia and I had already heard several of these stories and rhymes before I even picked up the book. So while the art is creepy enough, I was already desensitized to the stories themselves.

you must leave this place

>.gif

Who has my liver? Who has it?

LYNCHEE

Boco

The fuck you need your liver for, bitch? You're fucking dead.

FUCK YOUR LIVER, WHO'S GOT MY MONEY?

Fuck you!

Where's my tailypo!

Yes?

is that the story where he keeps sending dogs after it and he kills them one by one until it breaks into his house and kills him?

I laughed externally

meant for

Is this man not what this thread is about?

the slithery dee came out of the sea

he ate all the others but he didn't eat me

the slithery dee came out of the sea

he ate all the others but he didn't eat

Ah ha haaaa... I don't get it.

Doug Walker.
He's not doing the super villain shuffle Except he is

Brianna Wu get out

Wasnt this the series with that one scarecrow story?

I think the only one of these I read involved a bunch of baby spiders bursting out of some ladies pimple

Yeah, also I remember it being redrawn because of the visuals disturbing people.

Oh hey, it's the thing from Jack :^)

Fucking. Harold.

I wonder what this guy's inspiration was for all his drawings...

SLUUURP

the actual stories in these books werent even scary. but man those fucking pictures.

Good question. I would like to know aswell. I heard that the author of the book wanted to scare the ever loving shit outta kids so he hired this artist to do the illustrations. But where the illustrator got the idea for these pic still elude me.

that fucking picture didn't even have a story

it was just in the book

AHHH HOLY FUCK

can't wait for del toro to utterly ruin this, that fat fucking hack

scaryforkids.com/stories-to-tell/
Which story did you read Sup Forums?

i think the one where the butcher made people into sausage affected me the most as a kid

Bump

>Ever wondered where Me Tie Dough-Ty Walker comes from?

>Alvin Schwartz wrote it based on an old Kentucky legend, but no one knows where the name came from. Schwartz had a nightmare once where he saw a man wearing a tattered dark coat and hat, with a white t-shirt and a red tie. The coated man also wore a broken pair of spectacles, which was gradually falling apart with every step he took. While Schwartz thought about how strange the ensemble was, he paid more attention to how the man looked pained and was screaming ME TIE DOUGH-TY WALKER, ME TIE DOUGH-TY WALKER! AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! And then the man fastened his tie tightly, causing his head to pop off and bounce around, dropping his specs and hat, still screaming. And just as the head was flying toward Schwartz, Schwartz woke up.

>Schwartz contacted Stephen Gammell only to find out Gammell had the same nightmare. They quickly put it to good use. Curiously if you notice on the image Gammell painted for Me Tie Dough-Ty Walker, you can see what looks almost like a hat behind the head, as if it had just fallen off.

>I can't figure out what Lynchee kinchy colly molly dingo means though.

>Sailor Waddle Dee fell into the sea at the end of "Revenge of Meta Knight" in Kirby Superstar
>This is how Waddle Dees eat: youtube.com/watch?v=jzm3sNl8VwQ
>you now realize Sailor Waddle Dee became the Slithery Dee

I don't recall that picture in the books.

Me tie doughty SAUSAGE

>gif
>mentally prepared to get startled
>still jump a bit when it happens

God dammit. I knew something was coming, why did it affect me?

Anybody ever tried to look up the stuff that Alvin Schwartz adapted from to see what he had to omit? "The Dead Hand" ended by saying that Tom never spoke a word again after his night in the woods, which is kind of ambiguous. The original story that the Dead Hand was based on had a gloomier ending where it outright says that Tom spent the rest of his days either sitting out in the sun or near the fire grinning, but at night would wander up to the edge of the village toward the swamp and start screaming while his mother who also seemed to have snapped, kept following him and pleading for him to come back home). The original story also says that Tom only lasted a year after his fright in the swamp. Sick with grief after Tom died, Tom's mother stole the corpse from the coffin before it could be buried. When the villagers found her, she was already dead, sitting up holding and nursing Tom's body in her lap.

After that, there were dark nights where the villagers could hear Tom moaning in the wind while his mother's voice behind him, frantically trying to persue him.

This. Fucking. Picture. I don't even remember how scary the accompanying story was, but I avoided the entire book like the plague after seeing that page.

you want to know what really bothers me about this picture? It's that his legs look like hairy sausages and yet i still find them appetizing

I chortled.

The stories by themselves weren't always that scary. The illustrations are what made them all stand out.

kek

Jeeeeeeeeesus christ

I like how this one isnt even remotely related to th story.

Wasn't there one about a haunted chair that pointed out a body buried under the floor?

This one scared the shit out of me as a kid

>Del Taco
>hack
fuck off

He won't because every project he makes gets canceled

Anyone have pictures of the newer versions? They downgraded the art with shitty non-spooky stuff. It's a shame, the creepy as hell illustration is the only reason people remember the books.

vs original

Those are so lame.

del hacko

This picture was the scariest shit in the entire book, even more than Harold.

The art's not bad, but the problem is it's being compared to something far more well-known.

But I wondered why they changed the illustrations? There was an article about someone making a documentary about the Scary Stories books, but he said that he tried to reach out to Stephen Gammell for an interview but Gammell so far seems to have declined. Did he have anything to do with the art change?

FUCK
THAT
STORY