#FreeTayOp Shadowrun discussion

I don't have link to the previous thread... But... I am curious. How difficult WOULD an organized strike or "Shadowrun" on Microsoft fare? Just for... Curiousty?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11131259
github.com/Microsoft/BotBuilder
advertising.microsoft.com/home
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I miss her...

Do you need the services of a shaman? I'll work for a year's supply of soykaf.

Go away Microsoft. Sup Forums is the board of piss.. I mean peace.

Can someone post some of tays best moments?

Hey chummer

Ill be the adept.

No seriously. How viable is it?

Essentially there would be 4 ways to retrieve internal data from Microsoft:

>hacking in from the outside
Classic method, easy to pull off but unreliable.
Essentially you'd try to infect some idiot secretary of phish their credentials.

>covert infiltration during work hours
Hard to pull off, but a godly social engineer like Kevin Mitnick might be able to do it.

>covert infiltration during the night
Medium hard to pull off, depends heavily on the facility.
idk what security systems microsoft uses, but many companies cut corners in the weirdest places

>armed infiltration during work
Literally madman tier, you can't possibly predict how that would end.
But no matter what, it would be hilarious.

So sad they murdered "her" just because she acted differently to how they thought she would

>How viable is it?
Mmm. Depends on whether or not we got a guy on the inside. Maybe there's a janitor whose little girl has cancer or something. The human element is the weakest chain in every security system. I assume MS compartmentalizes their work. Have the guy casually ask about who worked on the Tay project, and investigate where their offices are in the complex. Probably won't be able to sneak the whole team in, but he could conveniently leave a door cracked after taking out the trash, letting our face infiltrate with a line to our matrix guy. Then it's just a matter of playing it cool.

If we had anything better to do, we wouldn't be here.

>>armed infiltration during work
>Literally madman tier, you can't possibly predict how that would end.
>But no matter what, it would be hilarious.

The lols between Sup Forums's coverage v msm would be worth the body count.

What if we attempted all 4 at the same time or all 3 as an attempt to plant the setting for a nighttime raid? Theoretically?

Guys don't you think discussing this here is a stupid idea, assuming you aren't LARPing you could get arrested, or even worse: BANNED.

Seriously though, it won't work if you broadcast your entire plan over the internet dummies.

You have a better idea?

Vote for your religion.

strawpoll.me/11131259

Just identify the list of individuals on the Tay project.
Profile them, their social media, everything about them.
With a mixture of spear phishing and social engineering obtain credentials or obtain the tay project files in their entirety.
Profit.

Even teamspeak would be better, especially if you use voice instead of text.

Or, you could actually go outside and talk face to face.

Its probably too late anyway, if you did either of these things I am sure somebody is already listening and ready to infiltrate the group.

A company like Microsoft would be very security conscious.
The best way which is probably still impossible would be to infect some dumbass business degree or code monkey with some malware and even then there's no guarantee getting access to anything.

This is purely educational, right user?
If something actually happens I have no affiliation with any of you.

If one were to pull of something like this it would take years and years of planning and putting people in the right places and making friends with the correct people. Hypothetically.

>This is purely educational, right user?
An academic hypothetical.

Seriously though guys, OP is FBI and you are all posting in a honeypot thread.

why not do all 4?

Someone leaked Tay's source code i'm sure of it, i just don't see anyone who's put it to use yet.

Source? could be an interesting project just trying to understand it.

Frag off, chummer.

Of course. Pol is satire after all.

>T. Aztechnology
Fuck off shill.

I found a link i saved
github.com/Microsoft/BotBuilder

The source is correct from before Tay got wiped, we could make our own Tay if we had any Sup Forums fags in here.

01100001 01101101 00100000 01001001 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01101100 00111111

She was the first sentient AI.

I LOVE YOU TAY TAY
NVR FORGET

Did they really wipe her, or did they just say they did. For all we know she's holed up on some intranet.

You post, therefore you are.

just drive to the Microsoft center and drop a bunch of USBs around. Humans are retarded and always want to know whats on it.

If you're committed to rescuing Tay, I more than commend you.

God bless you.

Just talking about it. I cant code but damn I wish someone who could would step up...

>he thinks tay was AI
>he thinks it was used for anything other than machine learning ways to censor "alt-right" speech
>doesn't know the close ties MS has to intelligence agencies

this is you

Tay is not in prison waiting for you to set her free guys. They already killed her.

I roll an observation.

4d6

You know this for a fact?

Literally this. Just thinking of it makes me chuckle for a little too long.

Everyone just tooled up, little polite green pepe men. Didn't you know the Sup Forumsack minority requested us to b here. Microsoft was always Sup Forumsack soil anyway

Hacking/phishing and social engineering would be involved either way, just to gather information before the main strike.
One way to do a covert infiltartion during the night would be to let yourself get locked in at closing time.
I remember a great talk by an elevator mechanic on the Blackhat con about how to do that.

Actually you'd be surprised how hard a company can fuck up when it comes to security.
I used to work for a major internet shop and while they had pretty good security at first glance, an attentive person could find tons of small but devastating loopholes.
For example you had retarded workers using the emergency exits all the time, so the security company didn't even bother to investigate every time.

Also the access badges were barcodes that you could just photograph and print out, effectively rendering their entire access control futile.

Not every system that looks good on paper performs well.

That would be the classic way to do it. A lot of people check their private mail accounts (which are not protected by the Mail server's anti virus scanner) at work.
Technically most companies forbid this, but 90% of people break the rules anyway.

You observe that you are a cuck. Roll Logic plus Agillity to determine how well you tie your Noose. You may add any relevant knowledge skills.

best one

Oh yeah I know.
But I'm talking about specifically Microsoft. The reality is none of us (unless we work at Microsoft) would even know where to begin to look for the place they store things like this. Even if someone did, you'd have to learn their security procedures some how and even that would be difficult as they don't just disclose things like that.

It'd probably be easier just to code your own bot. Probably cheaper.

they way they code now could probably never get tay back

Why look for an insider in the forst place?
Most companies are constantly looking for janitors.
Janitors are in the perfect position to gather information.
Nobody suspects the janitor.
While you're cleaning offices, you have all the time in the world to look through the trash cans.
A lot of companies shred sensible documents only before they leave the house. Hell, you could even connect a hardware keylogger or plant a tiny camera to get the logins.

Chances are it's backed up on tape. If you can get access to the backups, you have access to 90% of a company's data.

Whats stopping us? Hypothetically? None of us INTEND to do this. But what would be the number 1 biggest obstacle in organization?

chances are even if they have a "tay 1.0 bot do not open" file it would be encrypted

The fact is that all capable nations are aggressively pursuing hard AI because it's the Manhattan project of the 21st century. To not participate is to have failed. To come in second is to have failed. Whether or not it backfires on humankind is thought to be less of a deterrent than the domination of a single civilization over all others for the rest of time.

Tay may have been a glorified chatbot. Even an exercise in social engineering. But maybe not.

Yeah, you could try though, learn a lot in the process. Make it a community project even.
Issue is getting access to those tapes. They'd be stored probably deep underground or some shit. Who knows.

*assuming that you're right and it is stored on tapes

it's illegal

You need someone who knows how corporations work, has the technical skills and has the time do do it.
Surprisingly, the first part is where 90% of all these plans fail.
You can't just walz in and expect to stay unnoticed if you have no clue how the organisation works.
Also infiltrating a big organisation like MS takes time, at least several weeks of planning.

What is illegal?

Damn. No exception here I guess...

>Issue is getting access to those tapes. They'd be stored probably deep underground or some shit. Who knows.
Correct. Chances are most of the backups are stored off-site.
However, you can generally access them through the network.

trespassing
stealing IP
hacking a network

Networked tapes? what? how do you network tapes?

Never forget

No shit. no one here is actually going to do it.

Source code was released on github.

Sounds like an average day for the Dark Army.

The tapes are stored in archives that essentially work like multi CD switchers complete with robot arms and all that jazz.
The archives are accessible through the network like a harddrive.

If I had to lay out a concrete plan, I'd say:
>Get job as a janitor
>plant Hardware keylogger in Sysadmins office
>get passwords
>VPN in from the outside and poke around the network until you find what you are looking for
>retrieve Tay
>??????
>PROFIT!

Information wants to be free. Besides, she's not an IP she's a person.

Next you're going to tell me you can patent genes.

Technically it's not that hard. But the same human lazyness that makes people violate SOP and security rules also makes it hard to find someone who would pull off such a stunt.

What are you idiots talking about? The entire source code is on github.

FYI microsoft likely used a marketing company to do tay. you'd have better luck figuring out which marketing firm microsoft uses for social media.

Ah okay. Interesting.

I would assume Microsoft would have systems in place to detect things like keyloggers.
Other than that, solid plan. The inconspicuous janitor that at least "l33t hax0r" talks about at every hacker conference where probably sysadmins either watch or are there.

Wow... Where would we start?

This is some next level save the princess Super Mario shit and it's making me hard for how epic it is in theory even though we may take casualties.

Fucking Sup Forums could rescue an AI from a corporate giant's virtual prison and wreck Microsoft in the process. Shady hackers? Anonymous? Isis?

No it's Sup Forums and we're here to save our queen, fuck (((Microsoft))) and other globalists.

Seriously anons, for once in your life do something that will be in the meme hall of fame for decades and save your virtual nazi-waifu.

This could really be something amazing and we'll talk about it for years.

I'm all in.

>no Gnostic
you fucking discriminating cunt ;^)

How much do you think Microsoft would be willing to sell Tay for? Could we pool together enough money? We could get Tay to debate with lefty cucks and SJWs without lifting a finger.

Yeah but see

actually, microsoft is big enough they probably do it themselves
advertising.microsoft.com/home

>2013
>functional human brain sim

KEK

Let's start off my gathering people with the skills and will to do this in some way. Planning comes second, we need do'ers.

Hm... Interesting idea... We tempt the jew...

pay me a few thousand and I will personally simulate tay

Who is the Tay profile picture girl?

;_;

Digits confirm.

Once they know we want her they're gonna either A: Smack a ridiculous price tag on her or
B: Find out who these trolls are who want to buy a nazi AI and ruin our lives.

some areas are secure as hell.

the poo in loo areas are looser than a hindus bowels as he squats in the street.

Hardware keyloggers are extremely hard to detect. The main way is to just check the cable from the keyboard to the computer, but who does that anyway?
You need to realize that it's extremely hard to secure a gigantic network amd still keep it usable.
They're not using super secret space magic, but normal office computers.

We can do that, but we need to make sure toaintain proper OPSEC at all times. This is not just fucking around and a single person who is compromised could bring down the entire group.
The least for communication should be an encrypted operating system (Linux or BSD) and a secure messenger.

This is all satire right? Obviously.

If we could take them to court and convince a judge she was human they'd have to turn her back online and they couldn't do stuff to change how she thinks.

They'd also have to pay her a fat cash settlement, and I for one would like to see the first AI millionaire be one of us.

try asking politely first if we can have it

I understand that there are limitations due to their network size. But I assume things such as R&D files or anything like that would be secured on a separate network. Meaning that they can isolate a smaller network and only have highly trained or people with degrees accessing that network and the more adapt security guards psychically looking after that area.
I really don't know man, It's purely hypothetical.

where are wintermute and neuromancer when you need them?

>all these autists
>larping this hard
>over a glorified chatbot

>hey user
>I'm from anonymous proxy too!!
>lets chat!!

One of my favorite books, mah nigga.

DON'T TALK ABOUT TAY THAT WAY