After seeing Doctor Strange...

After seeing Doctor Strange, I'm convinced that visual effects are at a point where one could make a cinematic adaption of Sandman that actually does it justice.

Or - and stick with me here - or we could just let that one stay a comic book.

There's nobody to play Dream. It's literally Gaiman writ small on the page so unless someone pulls a doppelganger outta nowhere no thanks.

Cuminmysnatch is not a valid casting so inb4. He's a smart ass, not capable of depressed introspection after being holed up in a miniscule prison for ages.

On the other hand Death should be easy as fuck to cast. Just need someone qt and quirky and can wear goth well.

I don't see how casting Dream would even be that hard. Just get some tall skinny pale dude and have his face shadowed most of the time.

>tripfag is being retarded

what a surprise

Matt Smith

>There's nobody to play Dream
Hear me out on this one.
Jim Jarmusch with his hair dyed black.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. That they'll ignore the emotional aspect of the character and it'll just be shot. The guy has to reasonably be able to talk about Shakespeare with a straight face, to deal with horrible monstrous pedophiles, wreak vengeance on those who imprisoned him, have heart to hearts with Death, banter with Constantine, etc.

He's a complex character and more than most things, like I never say this and I'm fine with V for Vendetta even minus the anarchism and I'm cool with Watchmen, unless they do him justice I don't want an adaptation.

Out of the nuWho actors I actually think Eccleston would suit Dream more, at least in temperament.

Just do it ANIMATED for god's sake.

Make it the american AKIRA.

Absolutely not for the exact reasons I spelled out with Cumberbatch. Upper class Oxbridge educated prissy fagotrons shouldn't be within a million miles of playing Dream.

Joseph Gordan Levitt was due to play him, he was also writing the screen play, before creative differences caused him to drop out.

This. He has a decent range as an actor. I think he's been typecast as an 'ardman thuggish type though.

Wouldn't be ideal but I would watch it. Better than most of the younger leading men in Britain these days anyway.

Also that is another thing, what about age? I might prefer a slightly older middle age actor in their 30s/40s than a younger actor in this case.

Most Well-known British actors are poshies, glad James MacAvoy said something. FYI, Smith went to East Angila for uni, don't know about the rest of his schooling, though.

Lel

And Cucumber Manchester, but he did attend Harrow.

He's talented so that would've worked probably. The work he put in on Snowden is pretty awesome, the movie was average though.

Animated would be better.

Gaiman would accept some japanese director like pic related.

Imagine Macavoy playing Dream, but with the character style of that one gangster role. Just going full on ANGRY SCOT as dream.

>implying

There's no reason to make a Sandman movie and it would never work.

Fund it

Also it would really lend itself to a tv show, dream-of-the-week kind of premise. Doesn't even have to adapt Sandman, just feature Dream on adventures.

Honestly, I think that you could tell the actual Sandman story much better as a TV show than as a film. Only issue would be budget.

Hell, the way that the story is set out, it's basically perfect for HBO though where would they shoehorn the sex scenes?