A question

Do you find it jarring that, even thought we live in a time where our favorite comic-book characters are getting adapted to the big screen and getting to live in a cinematic universe, their movies have little to no iconic or memorable scenes?
Think about it. Before Iron-Man, capemovies were full of iconic moments like Joker's Interrogation
>youtube.com/watch?v=xnOLhXmhkyA
Blade's club scene:
>youtube.com/watch?v=gHBhKbF2xMA
Spider-Man's ending:
>youtube.com/watch?v=erJFUS9ZYmQ
The Gulmira fight:
>youtube.com/watch?v=DTqa-NEwUbs
And even the plane crash from Superman Returns:
>youtube.com/watch?v=JbGL6bed5yM
Those moments still remain in the public's eye, you can watch them again and still feel the same.
But what about 2009-Present capemovies? None of them have scenes that can stand the test of the time. At best one will remember those for a few months, but then any memory you have will fade away.
What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VlINHSnUx9k
youtu.be/5HFSgK7FQBM
youtu.be/9ajjLHcddTc
youtu.be/qNC_XJgZzBc
youtu.be/2sbfuwZgpho
youtu.be/Izdj_cQshC4
youtu.be/n506Yn9aGic
youtu.be/xqlaXylsMwQ
youtu.be/WfV-0Yv5vNY
youtu.be/1NnyVc8r2SM
youtu.be/ORJAE3pVOMY
youtu.be/qXPOl6EjbWg
youtu.be/y50pllho2ZA
youtu.be/PpTG-O8JlaQ
youtu.be/JMdvKBogo_g
youtu.be/J78SdLt7FrI
youtu.be/C6VwRAPiOeE
youtube.com/watch?v=qXPOl6EjbWg#t=97
youtu.be/4tX6l6SJ2Zg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>DC apologists trying to start the hottest meme thinking Heath Ledger isn't a good Joker and Jared is the best Joker adaptation

Ledger is fucking GOAT and Leto is never gonna sell himself as The Joker long term eventually he's just gonna start half assing himself.

>TONY STARK WAS ABLE TO BUILD THIS IN A CAVE! WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!

Winter Soldier action scenes were pretty memorable--specifically the chase scene with Nick Fury and then that fight on the highway/streets.

Unfortunately I can't remember any fight scenes from Nolan's Batman that were great. But I do remember Catwoman's amazing butt riding that bike.

>scenes that can stand the test of the time

Bro don't pretend like you forgot the Avengers movie

The only one of those scenes that's truly iconic is the interrogation scene.

I thought the "keep both eyes open" (or whatever the line was) when Fury revealed his backup login for SHIELD was probably the most memorable single scene of WS.

Nigga...

youtu.be/VlINHSnUx9k

>before iron man
>posts iron man

The dance off from GotG is still memorable.

> iconic

Nobody remembers that part user. They barely remember the boats

>Sucking off Nolan

"We are Groot" motherfucker

You realize how douchey it is to assert that the things you are nostalgic for are superior?
These movies and scenes you listed are aging like milk (Especially TDK)

It's not an issue of quality, it's an issue of two things.

One is saturation. Capes are so ubiquitous now in tv and film that most people stop distinguishing between them as much.

Two is homogenisation. Marvel, DC, and to an extent Fox all have some observable elements of 'house style' in their films. This isn't to say that they're necessarily bad, but 'iconic scenes' generally occur more in director driven projects because they tend to be the product of that director's particular, individual vision I'd say it's no coincidence that the most iconic MCU film do far is Guardians of the Galaxy, which was it's most director driven.

That being said, I could see a few scenes from Doctor Strange becoming iconic, particularly his trippy dimensional voyage near the start or his bargain with Dormammu.

I'd also say that the iconic scene from the first Spider-Man is the upside down kiss in the rain.

Daredevil Season 1 has the hallway scene and "The Man of Ill Intent" speech, Season 2 has Frank buying the radio, the rooftop scene and the prison fight.

>But what about 2009-Present capemovies? None of them have scenes that can stand the test of the time. At best one will remember those for a few months, but then any memory you have will fade away.
Alright you fucking butthole. Some of the films here didn't get high praise but if you were to ask someone what their most memorable scene were in said movie, it'd mostly be this.

>Iron Man 2 (2010)
youtu.be/5HFSgK7FQBM
youtu.be/9ajjLHcddTc

>Avengers (2012)
youtu.be/qNC_XJgZzBc

>The Wolverine
youtu.be/2sbfuwZgpho

>Iron Man 3 (2013)
youtu.be/Izdj_cQshC4
youtu.be/n506Yn9aGic

>Man of Steel (2013)
youtu.be/VlINHSnUx9k
youtu.be/xqlaXylsMwQ

>ASM2 (2014)
youtu.be/WfV-0Yv5vNY

>Days of Futures Past (2014)
youtu.be/1NnyVc8r2SM

>Captain America: TWS (2014)
youtu.be/ORJAE3pVOMY
youtu.be/qXPOl6EjbWg

>Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
youtu.be/y50pllho2ZA
youtu.be/PpTG-O8JlaQ

>Age of Ultron (2015)
youtu.be/JMdvKBogo_g

>BvS (2016)
youtu.be/J78SdLt7FrI

>Civil War (2016)
>youtu.be/C6VwRAPiOeE

All post-2009. Some of these movies were terrible but they did have memorable scenes. I'm probably missing alot more, which includes TV shows.

>not liking both interpretations

you are the cancer

Thats because nolan=\= fight choreography. The dialog is great but the best action scenes in the whole trilogy is the training montage from Begins. And thats got a fucking discussion and a monologue.

>The dialog is great
Nolan's dialogue is wooden beyond belief. It never sounds like people are talking. It always sounds like someone reciting the script.

The action in Winter Soldier wasn't very good. It looks like they just chopped it together from coverage. None of the action was directed with any thought to how the camera or viewer would see it. It just seems incoherent.

youtube.com/watch?v=qXPOl6EjbWg#t=97

But you remember the scenes, even if you don't believe them. I'm not going to try and convince you Nolan is a good director if you've already decided you don't like them. I'm just saying all the memorable moments from his Batman films are two people talking. Bruce and rahs in the mansion, Gordon and Bruce in the police precinct or on the roof. Batman and Joker in the interrogation room. Even the finale of TDKR was god awful exposition from talia holding bane.

What? I'm not saying I don't like his movies or that his scenes are not memorable. Just that his dialogue isn't good.

Yes, a movie that has spoiled like sour milk.

>What went wrong?

you

I miss this meme

The entirety of the scene from where Nick is pinned down by the presumably fake DC cops to where the WS comes and shoots at the SUV and ending with the hole in the concrete (which was ruined in its impact, to be true, by using the same escape idea with Maria, Cap, Sam and Widow, to be true - but Marvel isn't really known for originality and for not hitting us with the same idea over and over again until they've bled it of all reality). But the entire scene with Nick, that seemed well-designed, well shot and well-choreographed/acted by Sam (versus pay checked as he sometimes does).

Raimi had more iconic scenes than the ending. The Spider-Man no more scene was pretty good, and of course, the upside kiss is still parodied to this day and likely will be parodied for a good decade or more in the future.

Iconic isn't always memorable and vice-versa. I remember various parts of IM but don't really find any of them memorable or Iconic and what I remember about 2 is that it was really "Tony is a bag of dicks" and I really couldn't even describe 3 to you coherently, other than Pepper looked good in that wife beater bursting into flames.

As a Superman comic reader and general fan of live action Superman, SR had some painful moments (like the stalking scenes) but it also had a lot of memorable ones beyond the plane, such as the gold plated multi-loaded machine gun, but I can probably recite the plot to the Donnerverse films more coherently than anything in the past six years or the previous ten.

MCU really hasn't been full of iconic moments that aren't related to something that replicates a comic book feel or image (e.g. Hulk smashing something, such as Hulk whaling on Loki, which as far as I know isn't a comic book reference but looked good and felt good).

Every action scene involving blackwidow is shit because they have to keep editing the shots so you dont see the stuntmans face.
Why do they even hire her

For real though, did anyone actually dislike the Spiderman bits of the ASM2 intro? When Gwen wasn't foreshadowing like a motherfucker and her Phantasmal Pa wasn't cockblocking Pete I had a blast. I almost forgot ASM1 existed and I had hope for this movie.

>not liking the oner scene from avengers

Old comic movies tried to be epic tales of heroics and badassery for the demographic that made them last all this time......men with no lives

New comic movies in the MCU fashion try to be cheap family movie popcorn flicks, basically Michael Bay's Transformers minus the good violence and sexual stuff that is a bit too aimed at teen boys, MCU wants the babies, the boys, the girls, the moms, and the grandmoms and basically everyone who never previously cared about comics, super heroes, or action films period

Basically....things are better when they focus on entertaining a niche and staying true to what that niche wants, things that go to cater to the lowest common denominator will make more money but ultimately always be a bland, forgettable, and toothless product

/truth

>it's another the grass used to be greener the sky used to be bluer thread

It's just that we don't have enough time to let these scenes marinate in our minds.
Every 2-3 months, we are getting a new comicbook movie that gives us new scenes to talk about.

>back in my day, superheroes never crossed over, and we liked it

Marvel movies aren't made to be iconic. They're made to be passively-consumed products that you forget.

>Bro don't pretend like you forgot the Avengers movie

What was the plot of Avengers?

>loki threatens earth
>we must assemble the greatest heroes
simple, yet great

>great

lol, fuck no. Avengers is one of the worst cape movies ever made

You should check this guy out. youtu.be/4tX6l6SJ2Zg

we could go back and forth all day with neither of us changing our minds

A clever theory, but a bullshit one. I've watched all the Marvel movies, both the ones I like and ones I dislike, many many times over because....I don't know why, I don't watch other types of movies anymore for some reason

But I can tell you there are a lack of as OP put it "iconic" scenes, and I can tell you why that probably is.....movie scenes that stick with you, make you feel something, and just get burned in your mind need to have INTENSITY....this is very important, and it's something the MCU style pretty much completely ignores in their quest to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Think of a movie like Batman '89, did it have funny moments? Sure, even some silly moments, I wouldn't say it was a "joyless" or overly "adult" film....but it had more than that too, it had moments that might be considered scary, and it certainly had moments that were intense....the MCU style is afraid to allow their movies to go to those places because they are robotic in their formula of trying to create a product that as safely as possible appeals to the lowest common denominator, it's like the film equivalent of a Chicken McNugget....perfectly inoffensive, average, and mass produced and bland that even the pickiest kid can handle it and probably not bitch, and hey....do chicken nuggets taste awful? No, but they're not memorable or interesting either

Yet it held dc down and forced them to make dceu because they never once thought of super hero cross overs

>What went wrong?
by the numbers movies.

ALTHOUGH Superman's first flight in MoS and the Avengers rotating group shot in Avengers 1 are both pretty fucking memorable.

the end credits of most marvel movies are pretty memorable

especially the cap ones, winter soldier credits scene was one of the most best

Don't use food analogy
They make whatever you say seem dumber not wiser. You were doing perfectly fine describing the issue on it's own. The moment you use a food analogy it makes you come off as a idiot who thinks food is a universal language when it just makes everyone picture a fatass.

Its realy only marvel that suffers from that.
As shit as dcs movies have been lately there have not been enough recent ones to make a call there yet.

Well killing joke had a very memorable scene.

Avengers feels like Pong. It's "good" because it was innovative for its time, but it doesn't really hold up well without that.

>tdk aged like milk

This I have to hear.

For me it is the McChicken, the best fast food sandwich.

i think its more like Super mario bros, it shows some age, but it was a game changer for the industry despite not being the first , and is still good for a watch

>using a simple analogy is not explaining something

whenever somebody gets #triggered by a food analogy I always picture a morbidly obese fatass desperate to not be reminded of food

IM came out before TDK.

1/8.

>WHIPLASH WAS ABLE TO BUILD THIS DRUNK! IN RUSSIA...WITH LITTLE TO NO FUNDS!

I think he is refering to the Cinematic Universe thing.

They are there, only you've grown older and more jaded.
You don't see the iconic moments anymore, for you they're back in a rosy past where you were of an impressionable age.

Now that you find the movies lacking, you might consider just stopping watching them? Move on to something more mature?
Stop whining about how things aren't as good as they were and tell us about how good the things are you like nowadays instead.

Avengers i'd say would obviously be the New york fight but most importantly the group circle shot.

Guardians i'd argue would be when Star Lord and the crew join to hold the Power Gem. Could even be the opening with him exploring the ruins.

AoU i'd say would be visions birth scene.

Personally I found many scenes in Antman memorable

The only iconic thing about TDK is Heat Legend's OD

They are not trigger it's just arbitrary to us. Really any analogy that is so broad it can apply to many examples is poor and unnecessary

Memes can be memorable but they aren't iconic.

Meme magic

Is this a new meme? I've seen a lot of these dumb questions lately

I get you they have a cohesive look and style but nothing ever does anything that can really shock you. I think a Daredevil movie that fit in with the style and look but had the netflix shows kind of grit and violence could have done this pretty well.

MCU films are by and large forgettable. It's not a meme with it's fact.

> this scene
> not memorable or iconic