When will Warner buy Marvel from Disney?

It's been 1 year since Marvel become so shit and then me and wifey decided to cut their comics from our costs.
Last week for y'all have an idea wifey show'd some issues she borrowed and comented how cringey the dialogues and the art are nowdays. She is a social studies professor and told me they really fucked up killing everything that really humanized those characters turning them into an weird mix of female teenage angst and middlelife crisis power fantasy.
Then later while I was playing billiards with some friends they told me they stoped buying some time ago as well and one of them told me Marvel sales are getting worse and worse every month.
How's it possible? What went wrong with Marvel? Are they not seeing they're losing their fanbase every single day?

bump

lol

>When will Warner buy Marvel from Disney?
Or, outsource the comics to DC, keep it as a separate universe, and hire Jim Shooter as EiC.

>Jim Shooter
That would be interesting. But for real what the fuck is going on with Marvel authors?

They never were very good to start with.

What do you mean bub?

Disney isn't gonna sell marvels rights when it's movies more than make up for its comics and I don't think WB can afford marvel right now

>It's been 1 year since Marvel become so shit
>1 year

are you retarded? Marvel has been shit since the 80s

>since the 90s
FTFY

Movies won't last forever. Eventually the public will get tired of them

1) Time-Warner is being purchased by AT&T, so DC just changed ownership itself. Warner ain't buying nothing as they are the kid now to ATT's parenting. And there is unlikely to be any other big shakeup until that one settles down itself.

2) A merger of DC and Marvel probably wouldn't be allowed by Congress as an effective monopoly, at least it wouldn't have been allowed in the 60s-80s. Now that Image and some others have a decent fraction of market share, perhaps. But at the same time they might toss a lawsuit about that merger.

3) marvel's low comic sales are comparative, its not like DC is moving tons of units either. Both comicbook divisions are looked at as the R&D department of the movie divisions anyways, even if comics went back to pushing half-mil unit sales its not going to compare to billion-dollar movie franchies. Spider-Man and Batman could sell literally 0 issues and they'd still crank out their movies

Marvel is literally nothing more than "sjws: the company".

People just don't want to read that.

>When will Warner buy Marvel from Disney?

Never. Marvel has too many exploitatable properties for Disney to just let it go.

Wait. Aren't all comic book superheroes basically "Social Justice Warriors"? Wouldn't that technically make most of DC books about "SJWs", too?

>people who are married can't tell the difference between "then" and "than"

>A merger of DC and Marvel probably wouldn't be allowed by Congress
They're imprints, not big corporations.

>Aren't all comic book superheroes basically "Social Justice Warriors"?

Pretty much, Green Arrow and Black Canary in particular have embraced the term.

Yes, but those two imprints are the mass bulk of the comics industry. If they were to become one, they'd have a near-complete stranglehold on the industry and all the books published therein. You really think Image or Boom or Archie would be able to control any real share of a market dominated by a DC/Marvel doomsday juggernaut?

Those indies are still alive, so...

They're not nearly as powerful as DC or Marvel, and they wouldn't be shit against a DC/Marvel fusion that allowed for the merger of those two universes into one omega canon that would lord over every major comic book character in the history of the industry.

What's your point here then?

Why should DC ever stoop so low as to merge with Marvel?
It's not that DC is great, it's not. Don't take me for a DCuck here.
But while DC is merely ok, Marvel is shit.
If you mess with shit, you end up being full of shit yourself.
Fuck Marvel, boycott it and let it die. It's what I do.

>Why should DC ever stoop so low as to merge with Marvel?
To make Marvel be good again, duh.

Why bother?

They were good once, in the 80s.

OP here.
Looks like things won't change, I was reading some forums, and it's all the same lib-hippish bullshit and how it can change comics or even the world. Oh well it really changed, they're killing a universe so a bunch of stupid kids and adults who never learnt how to deal with real life can feel better on their safe space in the internet. I bet they never really bought a good amount of comics and other memorabilia every single month for decades.
Well I'm kind of in tears now but yeah. I won't bother buying Marvel books again.

>lib-hippish
See, this is part of the problem. Sup Forums pretending to be angry Marvel fans.

What do you mean? Is that expression exclusivety from that board I never stood on that nazi dom for long because it's disgusting.
But as worker and married adult I can say those liberal hippies are no better than nazies. It's all lies and propaganda to push their domination agendas.
Grow up kid go get a job and lick meaty and hairry pussy. That will change your body and soul so you can have an opnion like me.

Omg lol XD

We need people willing to Make Marvel Readable Again!
#marvelgate

>as worker and married adult
Now tell me how good your English is, son.

The good old Marvel comics helped this old fart here get alphabetized since during that time Dyslexia wasn't ver y know and also was one of the pillars to build my morals. They had heroic stories and not gossip girl rip offs and cuckoldry fan service for old delusional ladies or the efeminate gentlemen with no morals or judgement of life. Now the heroes are acting like vilains, the art is shit like they hired drunk monkeys or even those mentally caped deviants with no talent.
No narrative, no anatomy, all women looking anorexic or transitioning to an androginic form and the males pic'd as fool cartoonish beings and not the peak of human form.
But yeah you are beholding an universe dying and I had fresh good stories and good plots every week.
God Bless ya fella!

EiC is a complete idiot trying to pander to Internet trends. On top of this, the other editors have all but disappeared . Nobody follows plots, nobody remembers characters. Cannes to the status quo simply disappear as soon as the artist who wrote them leaves the comic.

When you pander at a comic company you order people to stop doing what they are doing, which is generally what they like doing, and write certain topics. This people will half-ass what they do (specially true in comics given that artists are really entitled when it comes to working at big two) simply because they aren't interested in what they are writting. The comics basically feel rushed all the time and it really shows the artist.

On top of that, they hire artists that don't really care about comics and only care about the pandered topic, what they want or whatever agenda they have. As a result their comics will feel flat as fuck because they are basically wish fulfillment on part of the author.

Since you are pandering, you will get all the vocal subjects of the pandered topic basically holding your comic as the holy grail, completely drowning in noise any attempt to bring to light that the comic sucks.

Given that the vocal people are -always- a minority, you end up with the regular buyer dropping the comic due to low quality.

As a dcfag I'm keking hard reading this thread.

Could you stop getting drunk before posting, old fart user?

Oh man, so many people in this thread who don't know shit.

1. Marvel's sales in stores are down but between bookstores and digital the actual comics division isn't going out of business. Even if their business gets significantly worse the films will keep them afloat because, as some anons noted, they're like an r&d department for Disney. So even if they are in a downward trend they will have to fall a lot further before we see any internal panic.

2. The only times a DC/Marvel merger would have been possible was during extreme lows, lows that would shock a lot of younger fans here. It could have happened during Marvel's bankruptcy but I doubt Warner would have permitted that sort of spending at the time. There are also the rumors of Marvel being offered DC's IP in the 80s. Modern fans would be shocked at what the industry looked like in the early 80s. There were more markets open and so the sales numbers were higher than many high selling books today but it's DC's market share that was pathetic. People forget how much Crisis boosted them with Batman '89 giving them the final push. Batman was one one of the lowest selling titles for large parts of the 70s and 80s and was mainly preserved due to artistic success and the ascended fanboys who worked at DC. Also, the transition away from newsstands kicked DC's ass and killed their previously reliable war and horror titles.

Basically if you think Marvel looks bad now, you don't know how bad it can get. It's not about numbers, it's percentages and revenue sources.

3. I know you guys think no one reads Marvel but I'm constantly seeing they're current books in people's hands on the NYC subway. They obviously have a following in certain markets.

4. Being sad that Marvel comics aren't for you is understandable. The thing is, you're probably too old for this shit. When you start reading good comics from other sources you'll realize how silly it is getting worked up about the business practices of an ip farm.

>so many people in this thread who don't know shit
Indeed.
>There are also the rumors of Marvel being offered DC's IP in the 80s
>rumors
Read Jim Shooter's blog, nigga.

>3. I know you guys think no one reads Marvel but I'm constantly seeing they're current books in people's hands on the NYC subway. They obviously have a following in certain markets.

The Marvel interns going home?

why would they tho?