Paranatural

So Zarei and Day are as much of main characters as the rest of the Paranatural Club

Why?

Take your gay little comic back to tumblr

>Zarei and Agent Day are protagonists now.
Wow no, fuck it. They've barely been in the comic.

>a comic about kids now has 3 confirmed gay characters (and 2 background characters)

Why a comic about kids can't have gay characters? Will you ever get over your autism?

>Why a comic about kids can't have gay characters
because it has nothing to do with kids? it's not the reason as to why one would start reading it. It's just in the way.

Don't even try to defend it after Zack spent months on that narrative that went nowhere.

I should also point out: There is nothing wrong with the concept; "gay in a comic about kids", as long as the gay thing is needed in the context of the adventure. However Zack makes characters to be gay for no reason at all; 3 of them are literally 'just there', while Zarei and Day didn't really go anywhere. Since the comic is not about them, their romantic story doesn't really have a reason to be there.

I fucking bet Zack is posting these threads himself.

Has Zack lost any idea of how values work?
It's like he applied a filter to ruin all possible colors.

Just for reference, this time last year Hitball was close to ending.

This page is from October 30.

Fuck, I saw no issue with the colors because I'm using f.lux. I turned it off and oh my god.

In fact, this page looks good using it. Zack really sucks at compensating for the color filter.

>because it has nothing to do with kids?
So what? There's plenty of things that have nothing to do with kids that are in comics about kids. This is the most stupid complain I've ever seen about gay pandering.

Characters can be things without them necessarily having to affect the plot. And this complaint is especially stupid in this context, since any person with half a brain can see what will come with the reveal of Zarei's secrets through her queerfaggotry for Agent Day.

But you can keep spamming this in every fucking Paranatural thread.

Forgot alt text.

>everyone is very disappointed in max

Why? He's already dressed as the scariest thing in the world: a straight white male.

>why are gays in comics just gay for no reason!
Because gay people in real life are gay for some sort of inter-connecting plot?

Oh, and Max likes ice cream. Why not waste 5-6 pages on that?

Dmitri is black, so why don't we put 10 pages of him explaining his culture to us?

i'm not saying it's not allowed to discuss personal life of the characters, i'm saying it doesn't make sense to include it in a goddamn adventure webcomic. Again, if you work that well, it could still be part of the story. Or perhaps just make it like Cody where he is just stating in one panel his preference, it's still meaningless, but at least doesn't interrupt storytelling.

They did not spend the 12 establishing that they're gay, that's just a meme. Memes are not real.

>why don't we put 10 pages of him explaining his culture to us?
I would suck Zack's dick if he spent 10 pages explaining an African American culture influenced by a world of spirits and ghosts.
Imagine a subculture of slave descendants using paranormal techniques imported from African mythologies.

>They did not spend the 12 establishing that they're gay
the entire romantic bullshit took about that. Hell, the entire scene happened simply to show that they are gay and no other reason. Yeah, we get to see some interesting stuff like the spirits, but nothing relevant happens. This is not a slice of life comic. Using that many pages to show something so insignificant is ridiculous.

Anyway, when i say that "it must be necessary for the story" it doesn't mean that it must be some central plot, like the power of gayness will be a power-up somehow. It just has to be impactful for a character; are they being bullied because of it? worried that people will find out? I admit that the relationship between Zarei and Day changes now, but that's about it. Zarei is still the same, and so is Day (it didn't add. to their character). And c'mon, they are secondary character and i doubt this romance will be developed any further (it's still an adventure comic about kids, i don't think Zack will waste any more time on this)

>hovershuriken

That could actually work story-wise

>Costume shirt
Okay, it was funny the first few times Max had a black shirt that had something cute and clever on it, but the jokes old now.

This stretch of pages is bad because it was awfully paced, not because it was about those characters' sexualities.

They've probably tied with Isaac for screen-time over the last 3 years.
>God that's depressing.

It was awfully paced because it was about those character's sexualities, as it interrupted the main plot.

But yeah, it doesn't necessarily needs to be about sexuality, if you have 10 pages talking about greek culture, it is also awfully paced.

It wasn't about them being gay, it was about shipper bullshit. It would be equally as bad if Zarei was a dude. Them being gay is not a problem in this context, and their coming out took literally one panel.

But Ed is there too, and he barely qualifies as background character.

That's... what i just said?