Was 2007 really that bad?

Was 2007 really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

cyber.eserver.org/unabom.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it wasn't as bad as it is today.

it just marked the beginning of the bullshit.

Things certainly shifted from bad to worse in 2007, although a lot of people say 9/11 is when everything went wrong. Then there's people who say there's just been a decline since the 50s. I was born in 1991 so it's hard to say.

Things seem to have spiraled downwards in the last two decades, but I might just be projecting my depression. Occasionally someone will make a decent argument that Western society has objectively worsened, but I'm not so sure.

Also the year when vidya started to fall down.

Born in 1991 too.

I think if I were my age now but 15 years ago, I'd say the decline began in 1993.

That's when the media stopped feeling somewhat organic and instead became very corporate-feeling and oligarchic, though I can't say exactly why.

Music also became pretty shitty after this year.

Yeah but 2007 was only the year the internet started crumbling under the socialshit cancer and subsequent virtue signaling and feedback loop of people from Tumblr and Livejournal affecting the real world. By 2010 it was going at full steam but this thing started somewhere in the 70s with third wave feminism, hippies, drugs, immigration (Hart-Celler), education reformations, women entering the work force, materialism, divorce and decline of the nuclear family unit etc etc

It wasn't 2001 (9/11), it wasn't 2007. What we saw after those years was accumulation of leftist agendas going bust.

Kaczynski and others could identify this all the way back from 1995.

I agree, it was the pivot point. Mainly because of Web 2.0, since that's when mobile phone users could access the internet, and it was the beginning of this centralized internet where everyone only visits like 3 websites a day.
And 3 years later, websites started just slapping mobile site designs on desktop versions of websites. hence why youtube is such a mess these days in regards to the site's user interface

It wasn't that bad, at least here. And I don't think tumblr was meant to be a place for fatshit SJWs in the first place, facebook didn't have all these jewish plans on monetization and collecting every bit of data related to your life and your friends.

Pretty sure it had the same goal as youtube did to be a bloggers paradise.

Yes. 99-06 was the golden era.

But, that picture is disingenuous because it tries to imply that a local Fox news show is the same as the "Fox" news we all know on mass cable.

All I see is the growth of companies, capitalism at its best

Man, Teddy was really out of sight for a long time. In my mind I always associate him with the 70s because that's when his first bombings were, but it wasn't until 1996 that he was arrested.

Also here's his manifesto in case anyone wants to read: cyber.eserver.org/unabom.txt

>LOL I am such a 90's kid lol
Fuck the 90's. The early 2000s was the shit. I remember watching Malcom in the Middle. Shrek,listening to 50 cent and getting on Newgrounds and Abinoblacksheep. Good times brevs

You fucking dumbass. How in the fuck could anyone be so fucking retarded.

it wasn't that bad up until 2013. the sjw shit came on incredibly quickly.

spengler identified it in 1923

>but I might just be projecting my depression

I know the feeling. I look back at 1998-2000 as the golden time of my life, but then I think of my parents and how they were probably sitting there in 1998 thinking "everything sucks, shit has been going downhill after the 70s." All I have anymore is the nostalgia, I wish I'd never been born. Oh well, might as well stick around a little bit longer, they might need me in the great race war or the great 2016 rigged election revolt. There are worse causes to die for.

Change TBBT with Portal

TBBT wasn't popular until two years later.

ffffff that picture

>tfw you had a twitter account before it was mainstream
Deleted it anyways. I found twitter retarded already back in 2007

"Oh, 2007, what have you done?
Look at this terrible trend you've begun!
You make me sick, you contemptible dog,
I blame you for the death of the net!

Sup Forums used to be such magnificent a thing
Beautiful shitpost and dazzling memes
But you gave the people your digital beast
And in turn now all great memes are deceased

How things have changed from when I was a fag!
Shitpost would tick me and would bring me much rage
But, with your advent, there's no need to REEE--
Everything charming has been left behind!

Oh, IPhone, you dirty fiend
Your modern shit posting is cruel and obscene!
I was a lover of memes great and small
They all were my friends and you've murdered them all!

Aaaahhh...

How could a person commit such a crime--
To murder immaculate keepers of time?
Why should a person so foul get away?
MOOT, you're gonna pay!

So, 2017, just watch your back
Hide all those SJWs cucks on your reddick
They'll soon end up doxed to shit in a bog
Because you, you, you, you, YOU
Caused the DEATH OF THE NET!

Aaaahhh..."

>that bad