X-Men

After M-Day there were ~198 Muties left. Can we make a list of all those who are still surviving (or at least presumed as such)?

I could probably make this list myself, but thought it'd be more fun to do it with Sup Forums.

I'm just gonna name some off some characters:

Rachel Grey - Marvel Girl
Scott Summers - Cyclops (maybe?)
Alex Summers - Havok
Armando Munoz - Darwin
Erik Lensherr - Magneto
Emma Frost
James Bradley - Dr. Nemesis
Piotr Rasputin - Colossus
Illyana Rasputin - Magik
Ororo Munroe - Storm
Laura Kinney - X-23
Noriko Ashida - Surge
Hisako Ichiki - Armor
Hank McCoy - Beast
Julian Keller - Hellion
Xorn
Exodus
Nathaniel Essex - Mr. Sinister
Elizabeth Braddock - Psylocke
Monet St. Croix - M
Layla Miller (I guess?)
Bishop
Nathan Summers - Cable
Ryan Reynolds - Deadpool
Warren Worthington III - currently Archangel after a series of strange events
Raven Darkholme - Mystque
Teresa Cassidy - Banshee, currently some sorta Irish demigod
Sean Cassidy - Banshee, locked in Beast's cellar after being revived via Death Seed
Daken - drowned then revived via Death Seed
Neena Thurman - Domino

Anyways, there's a start famiglias

Any Guthries?

I can't remember if Paige got killed off in WatXM, but Sam is still alive.

Elixir, Karma and I think Pixie are still alive.

Elixir got murderkilled recently, actually.

Eyeboy, Ernst, Anole, No-Girl, Rockslide and Shark Girl

Just googled Dust, apparently she's not dead either.

Exilixer got killed twice, once in Uncanny X-men and once in Wolverines. He can apparently not stay dead.

Paige is still ticking last I recall

Eyeboy and Sharkgirl are post AVX

Sage is still around, at least I think she was left in 616 after X-Treme X-Men vol. 2 ended.

I was looking for those 198 from after M-Day. Basically anyone that was still a mutant before Hope was born.
>once in Uncanny X-men
are you referring to the most recent volume where he got his fookin head blown off?

Oh yeah, Dazzler and Sunfire too.

Magik isn't necessarily a mutant - she might be a demon from Limbo impersonating the original.

Layla Miller got branded with the M when she was in that alternate shitbag future, so she was tested and possessed the X-gene.

Deadpool is not a mutant - he is a human mutate, a human who was mutated by exposure (in his case, to mutant x-gene dna)

Certain "mutants" like Warlock, Pixie, Madrox, and others are not in fact mutants, they either just hang out with mutants or are non-human mutants, ie, they don't possess the same "x-gene" that classifies a Mutant. Pixie for example is the hybrid offspring of a demon from Limbo and a witch (Nightcrawler is also a hybrid, but his mother was a mutant and he is a mutant). Since a lot of these were prominent during the Decimation titles, it's worth knowing which ones they are.

"198" doesn't appear to have accounted for certain bodies; it seems to have been whatever Cerebro could detect at that time. For example, there were multiple clones of every Reaver and of Sinister (and apparently of Jean Grey/the Goblin Queen) running around in Sinister's labs at the time which were not detected. There were also a number of individual mutants who were never detected.

And then there was Cloak and Dagger. Now, either the X-Men realized they needed more than one magic bus, or their detection technology is just super shitty, because even up close with Cloak and Dagger willing to give biological samples, it took the brightest minds of the X-Men's science club weeks to work out that Cloak and Dagger aren't mutants.

tl;dr there's no list, there never was, it's not important, it's just a melodramatic thing Cyclops liked to say because he's a self important prick

cyclops never came up with the 198 term.

>198
hence
>~198 or roughly 198
Vulcan and Darwin weren't included in that figure as far as I'm aware. It wasn't Cyke that came up with that it was O*N*E, stay mad Beast.

I always forget about the Deadpool distinction.

There was a marvel handbook released during DeciMation that listed them all.

Right, I'm curious about the ones (from that pool) who have survived until now.

Question for the X-fags, was End of Greys a direct response to Endsong, which was already a Shi'ar fuck up?

Was Vulcan right?

In the "End of Greys" story the text stated that it was the Shi'ar reacting to the M-Day decimation.
... because either they saw an opportunity to wipe out the Phoenix threat because the mutants and the X-Men were weak or because they feared the Phoenix would react to the decimation, which it did.

Pixie's father wasn't a Limbo demon

She's Jason Wyngarde's bastard. Her mother was a faerie from Otherworld

So she's a mutant

It's been years since I read it, but I remember Endsong came not too long before it.

I'm trying to decide if I should reread the build up to War of Kings or reread brubaker's cap.

I know end of Greys was Claremont, but Rachel goes to space partly because of End of Greys.

was that from her mini from like four, five years ago?

oh christ man who even knows

>oh christ man who even knows
And thus the original point of the thread.

The canon chronology of that X-Men era was all sorts of messed up, you can't take queues about motivations from anything of that time that doesn't directly reference something in it's own text.
Go read non-Hydra Cap, find your bliss there.
The other path only leads to dark and confusing places.

I mean, I've read just about every x-book since NXM, so yeah, I know how muddy stuff was with all the skips and everything.

Think I will reread cap though, but probably I'll do Messiah CompleX first since I reread Second Coming last month. Man, Second Coming is just incredible. So goddamn satisfying.

Hope did bring us some great X-crossovers.

>Hope
Will she be back, bros?

Can she save us from the Jean menace?

>Ryan Reynolds - Deadpool
Heh.

>"Save us" -???

She has "secret reincarnation" written all over her.
I don't think she'll be the big Jeanie killer that you're Hoping for.

Yeah. So she's one of the Mastermind sisters and her pixie dust is how her heriditary illusion powers manifested

It's been mostly ignored since that mini. But it's still technically canon