How can western comics compete when foreign comics can do their genre better?

How can western comics compete when foreign comics can do their genre better?

How can western cartoons compete when foreign cartoons can do better?

Not Really, Hero Academy has the same problem cape comics do in that the writer finds it more entertaining to have the heroes compete and fight each other than to actually be heroes.

Take the latest arc, it could have been great to show how constantly fighting made Class 1-A ill prepared for actual rescue ops, but then here shows up a "terrorist" and now everybody gets to fight.

Because hey villains do then to stick around after they fuck up shit

But that whole point of that test was to see who is better at doing what

Two of the best students of the exam just failed to get their provisional licenses because they were too busy fighting with each other in the face of the enemy. Plus, they're in the best school for a reason. They're all smart and know how to adapt.

I still say they wasted the potential of how fucked up it is that in order to pass the exam you have to totally fuck another person.

Team work makes the dream work.

I feel like most people would be more pissed about the windows then the pearls. They're worth what, a coupled thousand. Clean up, fixing the frames, and replacing the windows will be twice that plus having assholes in your house yucking it up for a few days.

last arc was boring desu.

They just need to hurry up and reveal Ochako as the traitor and get the plot moving again.

>Edgy X-men with better waifus

if i liked the hero academy anime and want to start the manga where should i start?

I think we have very different ideas about what the problems with the american comics industry are

I would say the issue is the almost universally use of old characters with decades old origins or slightly rebooted versions of old characters instead of doing something original

also they insist on a universal continuity to their comic universes without seeming to understand the meaning of continuity and seeming to have no real willingness to try and up hold a continuity anyway letting authors contradict and retcon each other constantly making everything feel meaningless anyway

With the first chapter.

>X-men
>not edgy
What?

>It's an OP likes to force feed his East/West argument bait again episode

chapter 21 or so is where the anime leaves off

Look, if the X-men and Avengers where fighting in the context of a baseball game, quiz show or strip volley ball tournament no one would complain because competition can be and often is fun. Instead what we get is stupid death event books over petty miscommunication where they should be teaming up instead.

Hero Academia meanwhile has the heroes act like heroes and when shit does get dicey the heroes don't forget they're supposed to be good guys

The anime followed the manga pretty closely. I think USJ arc stopped around chapter 28.

Boku no Hero is fucking FAR AWAY from being edgy like Xmen.

Hero Academia is a world where mutants aren't militant self absorbed assholes.

>Oh no my driver's license says I can teleport. Now I don't have to deal with killbots busting down my door because someone with magnet powers decided to fuck over manhattan

>Frog waifu
sold
>Weird guy with purple balls in the hair
out

Well it's also kind of a reverse mutant problem.
Normal humans only make a super tiny percentage of the population in the BnHA world. So they're not really equal.

mineta is fucking hilarious

Mineta is great, though.

Mineta is the best---potential rapist.

>Look, if the X-men and Avengers where fighting in the context of a baseball game,

Happened once in the Marvel Adventures line, actually.

>Creator wanted to make main hero a tech based type to drive home the idea that powers don't make a hero.
>Editor tells him to change it, its unrealistic

Super heroes ARE unrealistic.

Fucking super is un the name.

Grapes is fucking amazing you shut your mouth.

to be fair they have kind of implied there was a human mutant war at one point

like people didn't always have quirks and its not like one day 90% of the population just started getting them

Report thread and await 404 and OP warning/ban.

>implying it isn't Zappy

All Might was fucking great during that fight.
>MFW United States of Smash

To be fair this is a world where Mutants are the norm so they don't have to worry about poorly managed squads of killbots busting down their door because the world hasn't gone full retard and tries to genocide them at every given turn.
Don't be shit talking the Grapist

Boy I really hope that it's both. That would be hilarious.

well thank you salty ass

Ah well he added a super cute tech genius instead so it all works out.

Plus there is already one Bat god. No need for a fluffy one.

As long as it's not my waifu Momo or my nigga Grape, I'm happy. Or Invisible Girl

>All this grape fags
So, What is frog waifu doing?

>Look, if the X-men and Avengers where fighting in the context of a baseball game, quiz show or strip volley ball tournament no one would complain because competition can be and often is fun
Literally one of the top episodes of Brave and the Bold was the JL vs Hall of Doom baseball game

learning to activate camouflage cells in her skin so she can hide in your room and watch you masturbate without you realizing it

Nah, the manga takes place in a time after all that happened. Its implied there was a lot of unrest up until recently when mutants out numbered normies.

Powercreepin'
she has Stealth powers now

They don't.
There's more than just DC and Marvel for Christ's sake. You guys always complain about capeshit but never bother exploring anything else.

>Or Invisible Girl
I doubt it, we JUST saw her quirk for the first time a dozen chapters ago. She isn't fleshed out enough to have impact of being the traitor.
Imagine both of them watching at the same time.

Asui is off being the best damn character in the whole series.

Still I think my point stands as to why it's more reasonable in this world than in the 616.
Shit on the X-men for being self centered but they're not wrong in believing their government can't be trusted especially with information on the identities of all mutants in their jurisdiction.
BnHA's government is a lot more trustworthy so far.

Didn't Tony once lose the list of registered superhero names after Civil War? I feel like that is reason enough to never, ever, ever register with the Marvel Government.

No he deleted the list on purpose because he was being ousted and forced to hand it over to Norman Osborn. Which is a reason to never fucking register with the Marvel Government.

Fuck man, I always wanted that power to do exactly that.

You'd think people would know better, right?

French X-men > Japanese X-men

What is Invisible Girl doing to Asui?
Also fuck you grape fags, grape is disgusting.