How do we fix him Sup Forums. Who would you pick to write him out of this shit hole they put him in?

How do we fix him Sup Forums. Who would you pick to write him out of this shit hole they put him in?

Kill him off and replace him with a feminist.

The Bendis commands it to be so!

fix him? He's perfect, except for the third costume

Option 1: Flyclops
Option 2: Return of Whedon's Gun Man
Option 3: "My wife is either all powerful, evil, or dead! I just can't take it anymore!"

Let him be happy in a stable relationship. Even though I was really into him and X-23, at this point, I don't care who it is. I just want him to stop suffering.

As for writer, anyone will do just as long as it's not Bendis. Hopeless is just slightly below average, Rucka did an okay job in his mini.

Get Gillen back on the X-Books.

This would solve everything. How has it been 4 fucking years.

This! I just want him to be happy. Is that so hard to have him just happy?

>Option 1: Flyclops
Hope's greatest sin was destroying the jetpack.

Gillen was ok, but he really wasn't anything that special.

Basically, he had the benefit of not having Land as series regular artist.
Lotta X-fags mistook this for quality storytelling.

The real answer is bring back the Yost/Kyle braintrust, but that will probably never happen.

Although, I'm not opposed to seeing Gillen return at all. I wanna see where he would've gone with Unit.

There are four different Scott Summers in that lineup, you want to maybe be a bit more specific ?
Are you asking about the one who Quicksilver murdered with a bullet ?
The one who died in Death-of-X ?
The one who had the most hilarious identity crisis in comic history ?

Come on, who are you even asking about?

>Jean
>source of Happiness

His eyes are fixed and he not only has complete control of his powers he's a near omega in terms of output and has the ability to absorb direct energy blasts and metabolise them.
Decides to move back too Alaska in a small cabin and get away from it all because he feels more at home there and happier.
Can't remember much of anything and has reocuring nightmares about a giant flaming bird that claws at a solid black box in his mind.

Young Jean Grey has a vision of a flaming bird being obliterated by a read energy blast. She follows the trail along with the other young X-men.

They find him there, in front of a cabin. Chopping wood and with a large wolf pup.
He looks at them and warmly says, Hello, what brings you kids up here?

He has no idea of who they are or what they're doing there or anything about the Xmen now.
He's living a happy life in the frozen north.

Will end up becoming something like Professor Summers to them after the O5 team tries to "Save him from his peacful content life for his own good" and end up fucking everything up for him.

Pluh-Luh-Ease... That marriage didn't make him happy, that just made him feel even more like he was letting people down.

>has the ability to absorb direct energy blasts and metabolise them.
He ate Havok?

I know Scott's been able to tank some pretty heavy shit and they do have some pretty strong similarities, but wew he's not the same reactor his brother is.

Alright. The first thing that I would do is that I would make him the leader of his own X-Men team. This X-Men team would be comprised of lesser known X-Characters and their focus would be being heroes. I'd also try and prevent them gettting involved in hero vs hero situations and instead try and get them saving lives as heroes do.

I'd also have Mr. Sinister being the main antagonist of the run and combine the modern interpretation with Claremont's original plans for him and Scott. Magik and/or Frenzy would be his love interests. Emma would be in a coma or something similar to that effect.

Oh and no relationship at all.
He's alone and does his hero/mentor stuff as a new character.

Teen cyclops is the new cyclops. Professor Summers is just some high level mutant with eye powers and good leadership skills.

Havok is constantly absorbing and metabolising fucking cosmic fucking radiation. Not tanking energy blasts.

Scots thing is constantly absorbing solar radiation and metabolizing it into energy that he expels from his eyes.

Havok is technically more powerful then scott but scotts power is on 247 and he has no actual control over it.

If he gets low level energy absorption on top of his already considerable eye powers and full control over it. He'll be broken.

>Not tanking energy blasts.
Did you see his fights with Vulcan or Kang?

He can tank energy and turn it around. If he really needs to, he can go actively leech it off a source.

>tfw you can understand why Sinister has such a hard-on for the Summers
Their powers are fucking cool.

Like the fact that Alex and Scott can't hurt each other with powers is awesome, at least I think.

The thing with all the Havok's across the multiverse having a subconscious hivemind really needs to have some exploration.

OP, they've already written him out of that hole he was in.
Marvel plots stories out months, sometimes years, even decades, in advance.
They already know what is going to happen with Cyclops next. They already know how the next happy ending plays out.

That said...
PREDICTION: You won't be happy to see Scott Summers finally be happy.
Why not? Because it's not what you want to see.
It's not.
I know this because Scott Summers already found happiness and for years we've read comics with Cyke happy as can be, big smiles and laughter and everything.
And the key to that happiness was always one thing: Emma.

And this big mystery surrounding what it would take? It's a total Cyke-out.

>Did you see his fights with Vulcan or Kang?
>He can tank energy and turn it around. If he really needs to, he can go actively leech it off a source.
That is something that has at no point outside of that story that has ever at any point been canon and it's not canon now.

>>tfw you can understand why Sinister has such a hard-on for the Summers
>Their powers are fucking cool.
It's their genetic potential or some such thing. But none of their kids have ever been anything really spectacular.

>Like the fact that Alex and Scott can't hurt each other with powers is awesome, at least I think.
That was supposed to be a thing where siblings can't hurt each other with their powers for a long ass time.
But they retconned it into being something that is unique to them for some unfathomable reason.

>The thing with all the Havok's across the multiverse having a subconscious hivemind really needs to have some exploration.
I have no idea of what that is. But I will tell you that it will more then likely never be brought up or be referenced ever again.

Can't "fix" perfection

>Multiverse Havok

That aspect of Havok's powerset was created for a alt-universe adventure limited series book staring Alex where his previous ability to absorb cosmic energies was expanded into other-dimensional energies - thus facilitating his reality-leaping into his own book.
His fans really love that series and talk about it a lot.

It's absurd unbridled powercreep and I love it.

To be fair, the series is actually quite good.

It's better than that, it's like secondary mutation stuff, but in the extension of how existing powers might work.
I also like how it's not powercreep in the traditional way of just more of the same overdone, but it's the same thing in a really weird and unexpected way.
More mutant powers should powercreep like that.

I keep hearing that, but the problem is that it's complete non-canon for any character except Alex.
So unless you're skimming X-Books for Havok stories there's no reason in HolyHell to read it.

Check'd. Nice.

I agree, it's not overwhelming in terms of pronounced effect, but still makes sense as a thing to think about as far as how mutant powers could evolve. At the same time it creates a huge pile of fodder for future authors...to...do...nothing...with.

>muh canon
Some of the best stories in capeshit are the fringe ones with few if any ties to CONTINUITY.

The reason to read it is because it's good.

I would make a Summers family team up book, written by Garth Ennis. Also Cyclops goes back to his Morrison look

Evolution was the only design that really nailed it. Hell, the show nailed cyclops too. So make him like that I guess.

And it's only GOOD because the writers feel free to run wild with little tidbits and tweaks that may or may not make it into the mainstream 616 U.
That's the problem with those things, until recently Marvel didn't have the balls to go crazy and experiment in stories where there were consequences. Everything had meddling from executives and middlemen, Spidey suffered the worst from that.
DC's even worse still, Elseworlds used to be the best place for good DC superhero stories, all because the writers were hamstrung in the main U, Elseworlds was the only place DC gave them for real creativity, and even then they cleaned continuity back to status quo every chance they got.

But I say take that option away and let the scripts fall where they may. There's nothing I hate more than a pointless storyline without consequences or character development.

>Summers family adventure
I've been saying this forever.

>Hope keeps stealing Cyclops cool toys
>Nate guest stars to beat up Cable and give Hope hi-fives
>Rachel always fucks off to do some time travel shit and comes back with weird games for the group to play
>Ruby comes back with Rachel one day
>Cyclops wins all family arguments by virtue of his rightness
>Constant Jean bashing
>Cable pretending not to have fun
>Havok is forgotten about and not included in the run because lol who's Havok?

>pic
Oh man, I loved Age of Apocalypse: redux
Really fun, simple crossover that I think mostly got overlooked simply because it didn't have the "stakes". It seems like what little of Sup Forums does talk about it appears to enjoy it, so that's nice I guess.

>They find him there, in front of a cabin. Chopping wood and with a large wolf pup.
>He looks at them and warmly says, Hello, what brings you kids up here?
>He has no idea of who they are or what they're doing there or anything about the Xmen now.
>He's living a happy life in the frozen north.
Too Wolverine-y. A wolf pup???

Oh goodie... another mutant civil war.

Yep, that's our Rightclops, a man among men...

When will Hope answer for the transgression of destroying the jetpack? Reckoning when?

At least it had consequences: Hellion's hands, Pixie's hair, Chamber's powers, Frenzy's makeover, a whole series devoted to Legion...
(who's getting a show now!)

What did AOA give us that lasted?
SugarMan? A weird B-list villain.
Nate? They never found a place for him to fit into, did they?
Holoc-"Nemesis"? An Apocalypse lackey on his best day, am I wrong?
AND DARK F*c%&ing BEAST? Walking redundancy in the form of foreshadowing.
I'm glad he's dead, I hope they made a rug out of his hide.
X-Force's Serial-killer Nightcrawler was the best benefit it gave us and he didn't stick around either.

They had more than just the one.
Granted, Wolverine took them all for use in homework assignments when he made his JeanGrey school...

Ah... Do you boys remember the day when Cyclops was actually respected and liked by the writers. You know before Aaron got involved with the X-Men? I never actually thought I would see the day were the Wolverine Fanboys would ruin Marvel Canon beyond making that asshole a gary sue.

Keep reading, Death' has a way of changing a person's perspective...

Really? All of the stuff from Marvel suggests that everyone, even Scott's friends and family view him as the next Hitler.

Mark my words: Rightclops was framed.

HE'S GONE TOO FAR, user
AND HE DIDN'T THINK OF THE CHILDREN
I wonder how hard would Marlel backpaddle if Disney and Fox became broest of bros and said they'll loan characters to each other.

This is actuallly the sad part about current Marvel. They try to make us think that Scott is a bad person as he is trying to prevent genocide against a race of people who are both aware of the harmful effects their gas has on others (Seriously it killed a whole town) and continue to let it happen.

I've believed this too.

They should print T-shirts, like with the "He was right" message.

But it's ridiculous: half the Marvel superheroes watched Cyclops murder Professor X in cold blood.
It wasn't self-defense
It wasn't a fake death that Xavier made to look like murder
It wasn't Mystique, or anyone else, pretending to be Scott Summers
It wasn't any of those. How could it be?

>Charles Xavier gets killed for like the 8th time
>People suddenly give a shit.

I was honestly surprised reading through X-user's storytimes that he stayed dead like TWO YEARS in the Silver Age run.

That's comparatively massive, for something that got handwaved into a fakeout.

Seems like Xavier wasn't the only one at Marvel who liked to mess with people's minds.

Who's bigger dick, Xavier or Chief?

Self-Defense which was done by a person who needed help but was instead was attacked by his peers and family.

Xavier, but it's limp and confined to a chair.

Congratulations, you've read AvX's text closely.
Of course, any other insights you may have must remain hidden from the Muggles, lest you spoil the surprise.

I'd argue that Xavier had more dickery because he simply appeared more than Chieft. I mean, who gives a flying fuck about Doom Patrol, anyway. They get comic once every 25 years.

Xavier get's bonus points for dickery because you can never quite tell when he has used his powers to do even more dickery.

He promised he wouldn't use his power like that.

That's true, he's a great man.
He's a great man.
So he would never do that.
Because he's a great man.
We all have so much to learn from him.

He could never have been a threat to anyone.

Gotta be honest, I've grown a little tired of Xavier being a manipulative asshole. The shock value's worn off.

I have some Generation X flashbacks.
Funny, when I watched it years ago in middle of night, I had no idea they were connected to the X-Men. I remember thinking Emma Frost was hot, her power is shit, "lel fireworks!" and "I need special glasses because my power is X-rays" were also shit.
One thing I'll give to Xavier, he prepared his X-Men as army and took in people with stable, strong and useful mutations.

I simply can not understand how that made-4-TV shlock got made and then the Marvel Movieverse was allowed to be born.
It was almost as bad as rubber-ears Captain America ... or super-motorcycle Captain America.

Peak human, yo xD
I don't see Batman pulling down helicopters with bare hands.

Good, then you'll be more accepting of the reality that the as-of-yet unrevealed obscenely cruel crime he commited was the reason for his murder.
Fair warning: it's going to be a big ask of the audience.

I always liked that he DIDN'T use his powers like that, at least not outside of "I need to stop a supervillain from remembering where we live.".

... with enough prep time...

We get it, you get off on the mentor figure being secretly corruptive and the strong strapping protagonist kicking his ass.

Whatever.

Cyclops was doing the 'I'm gonna retire in a cabin up in the wilds of Alaska' bit long before Wolverine started doing that shit w/ Canada.

goku

We both know he'd use gloves stolen from Steel's armor or something. He'd use gadgets not lel strength.

Retiring to Alaska was always his ultimate endgame.
But once you go X, you'll always get dragged back in mindchains.

Well, desu, capes never retire. Criminals neither.
>I want to spend moar time with muh family, I'm officially leaving New Avengers!
>back few months later as leader of Ghetto Avengers

And for criminal case, Absorbing Man and Titania.
>want to go straight
>Creel in prison
>he gets out
>shall we go straight as we always wanted, with house, white fence, one kid and another on the way?
>lolno

You have to be a C-lister to retire from "the life".
Sometimes B-listers can do it for a while, but then they get pulled back in or summarily killed.
Someone's best bet to get out is always passing the torch to a next generation.

Main characters? Their arch-villains? They're screwed.

Not even C-listers are safe. As far as we know, even unused characters are fighting crime/robbing banks.
My god, they actually rob banks in comics we can't read.

Get Remender back on to do an X-Force that is led by Cyclops

Now that he isn't the leader of the X-Men, he would be perfect for a small edgy team.

>Cyclops and Wanda on same team
>Cyclops ends up apologizing to Wanda for not genociding mutants hard enough
Then they fug.

Just on the issue of Cyclops' costume... I like it when his costume is rather nondescript, based off the generic x-men uniform. It shows that Cyclops doesn't have much of an identity outside of the X-Men and he is perfectly fine with that. And I'm fine with that, too.

So... first costume ftw?

I like Remender more than the next guy, but a return to x-force would be too easy. I'd like to see him on the main x-books as intended.
Of course, it'll never happen, but oh well.

First, second, or fourth imo.

Well, yes, albeit its 60s-dated. I like costume #2 as what I would imagine the 60s uniform would have been in the 70s, everyone else on the team went with their own designs and colors (and boy, did Warren go his own way) while Scott basically kept the same design. The new x-men came along with even more individualized costumes and Scott kept to that design, the only thing that changed was Cockrum's alien-rounded look was applied to his goggles instead of the old very flat design.

It just fits the character. Scott doesn't see himself as a superhero but as a soldier for the mutant resistance movement.

Jim Lee experimented with going back to the X-Men all wearing a standardized uniform, it didn't take but its were Scott found himself with costume #7 for most of the 90s. Its his comfort zone.

Fifth and sixth ain't bad, either. I wonder will I ever see person who likes third costume.
First of all, who's that fabulous masketta man?
Second, I do agree with your idea. My fav costume is #7, naturally. Muh Capcom games, muh cartoon, muh revealed hair. It has everything.
But you know what writers and artists do today. Everyone has individual costumes, technicolor mutant militia no more.

The masked man is Xavier in disguise. I always considered it his Sensor Girl phase, that he felt hiding his identity and powers made him more useful. Also, it felt like Claremont was really wanting to revisit psylocke's original design of being a rather non-physical-combat-oriented xman in a big purple costume.

It didn't last long, a coupla issues.

Personally I like the idea of team uniforms with mild variants for the specific character. I like that Banshee here has his underarm gliders and his trademark collar, Gambit has his man-purse and facemask, Forge's leg, Jubilee's glasses. It really brings a team book into focus. Of course, the straps on absolutely everything is 90s-silly but in general I like the idea.

Wonder how would Emma variant look like.

Op here it's good to see this thread didn't go to shit.

Bump

Have they "revealed" what actually happened to him? Did he die?

We don't know yet and won't for like 2 more weeks.

Some believe it was a setup, others think it's a ruse.

Personally, I hope it's a bit of both.

Have him go full Rightclops,get a bunch of henchman and stick it to the man as the counter to those sell out Uncle Logans.

In better world he'd be White King of Hellfire Club but we got... Bunn's abomination of HC.

That was Morrison's cheap drama bullshit and should be ignored.

red u mean

Is there red section of HC?

Oh god, when do we get Mockingbird writing "Uncle Logan's Cabin"

Turn Jean Grey into a a monster. Confirm that she used her powers to make Bobby gay for her own amusement, then retcon Scott's abandoning of his wife and child to being caused by Jean mind controlling him.

>I wonder will I ever see person who likes third costume.

Probably not, because it wasn't really a Cyclops costume. It was a Scott Summers: Mutant Hunter costume.

First step: Stop with the comparisons of him and Hitler because it's literally one of the most pants on head retarded things to come out of anyone's mouth at Marvel, especially in the light of all the times he's saved the world.

Second step: Either have him come in in some major story and save everyone or give adult Cyclops a solo where he tries to rediscover himself.

He was born and raised in alaska.
He even retired there with his ex-wife Madelyn and had his son Nathan there.

If he wanted to get away from it all and be somewhere he could call home and live in peace it would be in a small log cabin up in alaska.
As for the wolf pup. That's kind of cool and gives him a cool little companion.

Besides, that's been a canon part of his character long before wolverine was ever around. Hell, he was from the frozen north long before they started revealing logans mysterious past.

5th costume is the best

X-FORCE IS SO BASED. SCOTTISH FLAG CLOPS IS BEST

This user has it right.