Is it me or do Sup Forums and reddit have more in common than we like to admit...

is it me or do Sup Forums and reddit have more in common than we like to admit? why do the two sides like to create a false narrative of them being polar opposites?

the facts:
-outside of a few small subreddits, reddit ridicules and mocks SJWs and sites like tumblr
-outside of a few shitposters, Sup Forums ridicules and mocks SJWs and sites like tumblr
-reddit has huge communties/subreddits dedicated to only hating on niggers and minorities, and love painting themselves as victims of PC culture/white genocide.
-Sup Forums hates niggers and other minorities, and love to cry about white genocide and dangerous PC culture
-reddit's /r/thedonald subreddit is probably the most active and dedicated community on the entire site. "look at this trump frogmeme i made guys, MAGA"
-Sup Forums loves trump, "hey guys shitlarry just got absolutely BTFO by our god emperor on twitter"
-reddit and Sup Forums both hate censorship, and will actively brigade against sites like youtube and even got the CEO of reddit to resign.
-reddit and Sup Forums both claim to be counter-culture
-reddit loves to beat memes into the ground "DAE harambe?, Damn Daniel, Dat boi, ayy lmao, GBP 4 Tendies plz"
-Sup Forums loves to beat memes into the ground "Dicks out boys, the jews did this, happy merchant, muh pepe, canada sucks"
-reddit has huge subreddits of bitter virgins that spout MGTOW, Red Pill, Lookism-tier beliefs and hate degeneracy
-Sup Forums is full of bitter virgins that hate the modern degenerate woman

the list goes on and on.

the only difference i see is that Sup Forums is more racist than reddit appears to be on the surface/front page, but thats to be expected when their head-staff is mostly comprised of liberals who don't want reddit to just turn into a clone of Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kPB8RlDChLw
youtube.com/watch?v=mIN27sjt7IM
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3qvj6w/theory_jar_jar_binks_was_a_trained_force_user/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The good boards on reddit are as follows:

TheRedPill: The absolute truth about male and female sexuality
European: Basically Sup Forums, full of right-side Nationalists

There are no good reddit boards- no exceptions.
Pandering and compromise is weak, and you're clearly carpetbagging parasites from reddit.

Reddit and Sup Forums both share the trait of the bigger, entry level parts being complete garbage and the smaller, more obscure niche hobby boards being actually good.
The big popular parts where all the normies flock to suck, like there it's advice animals and funny, here's it's Sup Forums or Sup Forums. The small, slow parts are where actual discussions happen and communities form.

>everything on reddit is awful, no exceptions, because Sup Forums said so
>

ironically, this is exactly what a redditor would say about Sup Forums.

fuck off shill

exactly, underneath the layer of normies, both sites share a lot of common interests/beliefs

/r/politics used to be a main page, it was basically moveon. so, it was extremely obviously they were opposites.

Reddit is the taller younger brother of Sup Forums who acts like he knows shit but he is just a fucking faggot just like me

That really depends on where you look, though. If you go to Sup Forums or /r/music or Sup Forums or /r/technology, they're all going to have really bluepilled liberal userbases, because they're hobbies commonly shared by bluepilled liberals.

Reddit has a different mindset, mainly narcissistic, whereas anons are very chill although shy (discord rooms created by us tends to die quickly because of that). One can detect a redditor from miles away because of that.

Reddits not THAT bad, it's like the normie, unanonymous rip off of Sup Forums.

I personally don't like it, the way threads and posts show is annoying and it's very leftist, but they summoned up Barney Sandals who just about BTFOd the Democratic Party. A lot of people hate sanders here, but I was a Ron Paul guy back in 08 and beyond, so I see any antiglobalist antiestablishment candidate as a good sign.. this primary had TWO and both of them wrecked shit hard. If sanders had any balls he would have won his sides primary in spite of all Hillarys cheating ways.

redditors are motivated by karma and all try to out pseudointellectual one another for internet points

talk like a faggot on Sup Forums and you'll definitely be called a faggot

Of course you can find specific subreddits that match majority views on Sup Forums

People on the internet beat jokes to death that happens everywhere

Discourse on Sup Forums isn't hidden when it is unpopular. Reddit's updooting system is why people shit on it.

Reddit has been becoming more conservative as of late

Ya that's the problem you fucking nazi's and redditors are shitting this place up

And thats how a newfag is born litle tommy

It's just you. Reddit, with both overt and secret censorship, has no concept of free speech, and therefore, of reality: they are trapped in Lacan's mirror.

Reddit and 4chn are like night and day
Firstly, look at my name. It's anonymous. So is 99% of the people here's. Nobody knows if who your talking to is the same guy from the other thread, unless you have an exceptionally rare flag, but not all boards have that.
Seconly, look at the posts. Do you see an upvote/downvote signal? Do posts move up or down based on popularity? No. That prevents what's know as the Reddit Circlejerk. Unless your post is absolutely abhorrent, it will be visible in chronological order.
Lastly, see the catalog? See all that garbage? That's reddit, trying to be funny and failing.

I can tell redditors posts. It's the (You) seeking behavior and the recent increase of tripfags that give it away. Redditors are narcissists faggets.

Here have an up chutes xDXDxd go fuck off

>both overt and secret censorship
We have that to, desu familam. Literally every other thread gets pruned, even if it's good. Sup Forums YLYL threads even get pruned now

Of course, in the early years of Sup Forums visiting reddit and Sup Forums was non-controversal. Its only become controversal as both websites have had their userbases replaced with newfags. I used to be on digg which was basically reddit, but I don't think Sup Forums users these days are familiar enough with the community to know if they should call me a faggot for visiting it

Reddits self-censorship mechanisms are cancer, their self-appointed moderators are cancer, and their administrators are cancer. The subreddit system is prehaps the saving grace of the site, but all and all it's pretty shit. Fundamentally the biggest differance between Sup Forums and reddit is if you say your opinion and don't censor yourself and reword things and change your post in a way you think reddit will like, you will be silence. If you say something Sup Forums doesn't like, you get a few (you)s, and then the thread gets deleted in a few minutes. Reddit is a community that encourages users to censor themselves, and it always will be, because Diggv4 showed what happens when you remove the downdoot button.

I'd argue reddit and 4chans communities overlap more than any other community and Sup Forums, but I discuss politics these days, and political discussion on reddit is pure fucking cancer where people say shit they don't even believe because they're afraid of downdoots and post removals.

Also OP reddits CEO literally dindu nuffin, it was the chairman that started to ramp up the censorship of reddit, but reddit is retarded and attacked the figurehead scapegoat instead of the actual censor.

>believing you're getting any more anonymity on Sup Forums than you would be getting on reddit

how many times has the fbi subpoena'd this place and had an "user" arrested? how many times has an "user" been doxxed by other anons?

both sites like to pretend to have true anonymity, but its clearly not the case. the only difference is reddit can upvote/downvote while Sup Forums can only sage posts they don't like

Why do you assholes keep trying to advertise your shitty site here? Really?

I've never even seen it but I know it's shitty cause if it wasn't you'd be shitposting there instead of here.

0:00 to 0:34: When a Redditor visits Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=kPB8RlDChLw

>thinking this is an advertisement
>assuming I'm a fanboy of reddit or Sup Forums
>admitting he's never even visited it

fuck off triggered fag, just because you want to talk in an echo-chamber of like-minded autists doesnt mean I'm going to stop using a variety of forums/social platforms

Go to /r/politics and try posting ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY NEGATIVE about Hillary Clinton and post results here.

Yes. It takes a true man to use Reddit. I use Reddit and will admit it like the man I am.

Am I talking about anons getting arrested? Is that even relevant to what I'm saying? No.
Of course you can IP pin an user, but do you? No. On reddit they have usernames so you can identify someone that you saw on a completely different subreddit and downvote them because you don't like them. there are reddit "celebrates" that get tons of upvotes everywhere they post. Nobody is fucking talking about being "truly anonymous" but you you fucking spastic retard.

Enh, I could post something similar, but this is close enough that I won't bother. He's got a few minor deviations, but it's basically my point of view.

Go visit Sup Forums instead of Sup Forums I bet they would be more your speed.

I constantly see redditors claim this, but I have never seen a 4channer also claim the reverse.

Reddit is censored. It is a private zoo for tourists.
Sup Forums is the wilderness. Survival of the fittest.
Each has it's purpose.

No it isn't just you. They're basically exactly the same thing - faggotry.

The biggest difference is reddit has main subs that have actual paid user posts and bias from admins/mods while 4chans "main" page is also paid from that same side on reddit but no one likes that shit while redditors slurp it up like cum.

>outside of a few small subreddits, reddit ridicules and mocks SJWs and sites like tumblr

False. Check the front page of Reddit, which is populism driven by a largely liberal base. Compare to Sup Forums, which most recent posts at random. Sup Forums and Reddit are inverse in this regard.

>reddit has huge communties/subreddits dedicated to only hating on niggers and minorities, and love painting themselves as victims of PC culture/white genocide.

You can create your own board on Reddit. You can't on Sup Forums. You can on 8 cucks.

>reddit's /r/thedonald subreddit is probably the most active and dedicated community on the entire site. "look at this trump frogmeme i made guys, MAGA"

It also has large, grassroots opposition, not the CTR kind we have on this board. It also bans users who disapprove of Trump, unlike Sup Forums.

>brigade against sites like youtube and even got the CEO of reddit to resign
Cause she's a bitch and also a sheisty motherfucker

YouTube isn't a medium to be brigated, you're thinking online polls and the rival sites with shill posts.

>reddit and Sup Forums both claim to be counter-culture

Reddit as a whole is the culture. Sup Forums and alt-right in general is the counter-culture.

>reddit loves to beat memes into the ground "DAE harambe?, Damn Daniel, Dat boi, ayy lmao, GBP 4 Tendies plz"

They do steal our memes, though.

>reddit has huge subreddits of bitter virgins that spout MGTOW, Red Pill, Lookism-tier beliefs and hate degeneracy

So does every website.

Sorry, fuckboy, your post got shit on. Shame you can't make your compare and contrast arguments and still downvote me, right!? xD

if you go to /r/thedonald or /r/conservative you'll find the same problems

sub/r/politics gets called out on it by many people on reddit, and there are numerous alternative reddits that have more balanced reporting and uncensored news.

This desu

I visited both sites but Sup Forums first. In order from top to bottom

>true

>true

>Not really, the administrators have been banning the more blatent racist subreddits when they've gotten too large. Because of reddits upvote/downvote system, every thread in reddit tends to contain people saying the exact same opinions in differant ways, and generally they regard themselves as non-racists but hate things like affirmative action. They do hate PC culture. The concept of "white genocide" is not popular there outside of /r/the_donald and fringe subs which is basically a Sup Forums beachhead on reddit. Whenever some riot happens though the racist posts will start to overtake the non-racist ones and then a moderator will lock a thread.

>Sure

>Askreddit and IAMA are both FAR more active aside from when something is actually currently happening politically.

>Reddit used to be 100% barnie sandals, then the_donald came out of nowhere and they became bernie/trump supporters, then bernie lost and the site has slowly been overtaken by hillary supporters but with a much higher perportion of republican supporters than I saw in '08 or '12.

>Redditors actually DO hate censorship, but like people with stockholm syndrome, continue to use reddit, one of the social media sites where users are given among the most power to censor other users of any social media site.

>Everything else is true.

>echo-chamber of like-minded autists

you do make good points. I disagree mainly with Sup Forums being considered counter-culture as Sup Forums is 90% memes, people trying to get "digits", people worshipping kek, people posting pepe pictures and greentext stories. its the same meme culture you'll find on not only reddit, but normie mediums like twitter and instagram and youtube.

for all this talk about being red-pilled, its sad that Sup Forums has this cognitive dissonance towards some topics.

Because they should be and are Sup Forums tier. Go to Sup Forums if you want YLYL threads.

The hatred for reddit goes deeper than ideology, it has to do with the foundations of the site itself. The karma/upvote system lends itself to groupthink and pandering to the popular sensibilities of whatever sub you're on, and the downvoting (and hiding) of comments only serves to reinforce that. The 4chinz can be a circlejerk sometimes, but at least it's not literally enforced and upheld by the site's format. This is where the hoards of people using the word contrarian come from, a userbase so unused to seeing dissenting opinions displayed in the open that they think anyone who holds them is just pretending to fuck with them.

tl;dr the site's fucking shit and it breeds a fucking shit mentality in its userbase and they all need to go back

>no dubs
Well, no Sup Forums circlejerk here.

>political humor doesn't belong on /politically incorrect/
Why didn't you just stay in reddit?

>False, check the front page of Reddit, which is populism driven by a largely liberal base.

Liberal populist =/= SJW. Bill Maher is an excellent example of this.

youtube.com/watch?v=mIN27sjt7IM

Reddit are liberal populists, but they aren't SJWs. The SJWs have been chased from the frontpage of reddit into subreddits, /r/shitredditsays which is the predominent SJW community on reddit, but you can also browse it as a collection of anti-SJW comments on reddit.

Incidentally Reddit also really hates hippies.

99% of people who say Reddit and Sup Forums are alike are Reddit crossposters who carry the Reddit attitude and atmosphere with them when they go on Sup Forums.

>getting sick digits and random is the same as getting put at top because your the goyim with the best opinion
Why didn't you stay in reddit, too?

>stay in
You mean go to? I've neber been to reddit faggot.
Why don't YOU stay in Reddt, nigger?

>reddit hates censorship
You have some research to do friendo, the reddit hivemind will censor anything pro-Trump that isn't on The_Donald, who's users already also use or are at least aware of Sup Forums

Still full of lefties
they just are getting a little more right thanks to the migrant crisis
>why don't refugees go to closer countries with similar cultures?
>fuck france for banning burkinis
blackpeopletwitter is the worst though
literally >you can't be racist against whites, the subreddit

Oh yeh im sureyoyre some cryptic neckbeard oldfag

Been here since what 2013?

Fag

I could never make a reddit account or actually post to reddit. I see stupid inane shit on reddit, but the same can be said for Sup Forums

why is it inconceivable that someone would use reddit solely for looking at pictures/videos or finding interesting articles?

>is it me or do Sup Forums and reddit have more in common
It's just you.

I remember when self-proclaimed redditors were cast out from here, ostracized and the earth salted

times have changed here indeed

>I've neber been to reddit faggot.
How to spot an ex-redditfag
Saying you've never used reddit is like saying you have never used youtube. Sure, you might not have an account, but at one point or another we've all found ourselves looking at a reddit thread that came up from something we looked up on google.
I've got no problem admitting I used reddit when I was a kid. But one day my balls dropped and I stopped going. That's how I know that this site is fundamentally different and better.

The fact is this: Neither Sup Forums or reddit are a single person. No doubt some people are on both, but that does not mean all.

>Reddit was around when you were a kid
Jesus christ, how old are you, 20?

Yah, right on the money

I only post here. If you like Reddit, go there and stay there.

I wish Hiro autob& anyone with a Reddit login cookie.

Fuck off, faggots.

Anyone who uses Reddit is a full blown queer. No exceptions.

Sup Forums and Reddit are basically the same with few small differences, we just hate each other because we can. But soon the time will come that we have to unite for something far greater than our petty differences. Kek vult.

That one's pretty convincing.

>People that said they're NEVER used reddit

Yeah my god you guys are so fucking superior because you lived under a rock and missed out on good posts from reddit like the Jar Jar binks is a Sith Lord thread. Like I don't get you guys.

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3qvj6w/theory_jar_jar_binks_was_a_trained_force_user/

>good posts
>from reddit

I don't like that "create your own board"-crap. It's not how I want a website to be, I want order.
How many politics boards are there on reddit? Could be hundreds. That's idiotic. Not user-friendly at all even though people might think so.

reddit would be way more right wing if it werent for the overbearing mods who delete things based on how offensive they are

the only echo-chamber in that pic is everything is about U.S politics and culture, which is unsurprising because we're the greatest country in the world.

On Sup Forums it's difficult to have a good thread about national and especially provincial/state level politics. Perticularly when threads about Canadian politics get raided by shitposters constantly. The echo chamber is terrible but I can literally discuss political issues I cannot discuss on Sup Forums.

I was also on reddit to read the Trump IAMA despite being banned from the donald.

In the context of the vidya, reddit threads are very good for organizing certain types of information like links to VODs because they will be preserved on reddit. I think reddit model works well for nerf/buff discussion compared to say /vg/, although /vg/ can move significantly faster for some games.

Sup Forums is just haters. I prefer Sup Forums but there is no way I can discuss municipal road issues regarding greater vancouver on Sup Forums pol, but I can actually do that on reddit.

That's kinda the point

wew
but kek @ that pic

Of course, Sup Forums is a bad place for non-Americans. It's pretty pointless for me to even be here t.b.h. What's the point?
Flashback Forum is where I go for discussions about swedish politics.

>I call you a fag
>now your turn to call me a fag

you're right. Why are non Americans even here all we do is talk about American and occasionally British politics. I'm gonna miss you guys, but you should definitely leave the board and let us Americans stew in our own shit.

I won't list my grievances with Sanders outside of him towing the party line at the end and kissing the ring of killary. For this is what we all remember him by.

Checked them trips btw.

I thought European got b& ?

>leaf

>Why are non Americans even here
I honestly don't know, it's not funny to be called Ahmed and cuck all the time.
Thank god only 3 boards have flags.

>head-staff is mostly comprised of liberals
You identified the problem yourself, well done.

>this entire thread

Why don't you guys just stay on reddit then?