Quip Strange

So Derrickson lied, right? He said that the movie would be like Winter Soldier, but the humor is forced as fuck.

kys

Gotta stick to the formula.

You mean the "superhero genre" formula?

I'm sure it was but then they brought in Harmon for reshoots

The MCU formula.

I suppose his vision was similar to Winter Soldier but the reshoots/Dan Harmon were obviously forced on him so the movie would be funnier.

kys

Oh, so you do mean the "superhero genre" but because you don't really get the genre you just label it "MCU".

"The Winter Soldier" had a lot of jokes.

Whats with Sup Forumsfags?

Why did they even feel the need to force more humor into the movie?

It was perfectly fine without it, did the test audience not like it or was there some exec who thought there were too few jokes?

This. Some of the humour feels like it was shoehorned in.

>but the humor is forced as fuck.
No, it's not.

Kay, thank you.

Other than the apple store employee bit most of the jokes felt pretty organic to the setting.

I actually didn't like one particular comedy moment.

When Stephen cries in the ER after Cristine leaves him, I think that should have been a "determined" moment. But then they have the cape ruin the whole thing.

Humor is fine, but when shit gets real, it should stop. It takes me out of the movie when the characters in the film aren't taking the situation seriously.

No. When I say MCU formula I mean it

It's almost as if levity were some manner of coping mechanism to stress.

>he thinks a whole genre only has one formula

you are cancer, end your life

but there is a very clear difference when someone is making a joke to deal with stress (see Saving Private Ryan or even the recently released Hacksaw Ridge for such instances) and when someone just fucking quips in the middle of an action scene, breaking the tension.

you first

When did he say this? Because if he said it before the movie was finished, it might have been before it got rewritten.

I'm not a big Dan Harmon fan so I'm not sure he was the right choice for the rewrite, but it's not the first or last movie where the studio decides it needs to be punched up with more jokes.

they're stupid

I can only recall the cape one, the bad guy saying "we dont need a doctor" and the wi-fi password.
Not much.