Refugee AMA

I worked with an organization on the East Coast that settled fresh off the boat refugees as a part time job for about six months.

I've interacted personally with hundreds of them and was more or less in charge of the initial setup of their living environment.

And yes, I know I was being a good goyim but it paid well and I needed a job. At the very least I have some interesting first hand knowledge that isn't well known and a few anecdotes that stick out to me.

How entitled and ungrateful were they?

Go on....

any sexy stuff?

How did the demographics look? Age and gender wise? How many women wore the full facial cover thing?

1: What was their morale like?
2: Did they have war story's to tell? If yes give us an example.
3: Where they happy to come to europe?
4: Where they easy to tall to and willing to share information?

The women and children were usually pretty shy with regard to talking to men, so I interacted with them less.

The men however were extremely ungrateful. They were given everything: a tv, decent furniture, brand new beds and frames, food, a refrigerator, microwave, etc. Only one man ever offered to help us move them in, a Cuban who was extremely grateful for everything we did for him.

Some of the refugees were more adept at picking up English than others. Those that were were usually hired as translators by other organizations or whatever government agencies were involved but never did more than the minimum to get a paycheck. A super liberal Clinton supporter told me this, so I take it as true. She said they had the mentality that they made it so they see no reason to ever do more than necessary for any other refugee. Fucking pathetic.

>a Cuban
They still come here?

well cuba's still a glorious workers utopia so yea

No. Fuck no.

I don't recall anyone over their mid 50's appearing on the list. Although I'm not sure what the life span is for men in some of these countries, so there could be a reason for that.

Gender and age is where my experience is at odds with what we've been seeing in Europe. While the majority of the cases we moved in were only men (usually a pair of brothers or cousins) the women had very large families. I'm talking eight to thirteen children, fucking Muhammad all the way down the list with regard to their last names.

Women who were developed covered their faces (when they were Muslim), the younger girls didn't. Also worth noting that they were provided full wardrobes of good hand picked clothing. I'm not talking the shit Goodwill passes up.

Worst refugee you helped?

Guessing best was the Cuban guy you mentioned.

Sorry for the slow responses everyone, I'm having some beer and getting responding as fast as I can.

1. Women and children were very shy and submissive. If they got in the way of our crew moving a couch or something they looked like they had just been caught cheating on their husbands or something. Pretty wild. I would say in general though pretty normal. Like I mentioned in an earlier post most of them didn't take our work as a kindness but as an entitlement. They made it to America so they simply deserve everything being handed to them. After what I saw overall, I can understand why they have that sentiment.

2. No. Not a single one of them spoke english, or if they did not to me or any of my crew. I can understand spanish fairly well and speak a small amount but those were all Cubans and it's not exactly Somalia over there.

3. Look at my flag you stupid fuck.

4. See my answer to number two.

Do you get a lot of Cubans? What about other Spanish speakers? Any other types of Westerners?

How hopeful are you that Trump will send them back?

They do and for good reason on their part. I worked for this group in late 2015 early 2016 during the time when the US announced it was patching up relations with Cuba. Cubans are currently given high priority status with regards to being processed as refugees once they make it to US soil, they literally get bumped to the front of the line. But they still have to go through the line to get documents. Most of them go to Central America or South America legally and then enter illegally into the US. But that's besides the point.

If the US creates a good relationship with Cuba, Cubans would have to come to America via legal means or risk deportation instead of getting this absurd priority refugee status. So it was a trickle of Cubans when I started, but after that became news it was a flood. Cubans are hard workers though and and don't take things for granted, so I never had any bad sentiments with them.

2 questions

1. Did their culture (and by culture I mean political dispositions and social interactions, not music and art) seem incompatible with U.S. political culture?

2. From your personal experience, do you believe that the way you treated and provided for the refugees is the best solution possible, or would a different solution be better? (My proposed solution is similar to Jordan's where you give them cash money, enough to allow them to get on their feet. It's apparently cheaper per person and it seems like a promising solution in Jordan. What are your thoughts?)

Cuban guy had tears in his eyes. If we're going to take on immigrants at all I want people that recognize and appreciate what they're being given. People like that work hard and do everything they can to make sure their children have a better life than they could ever dream of.

Worst refugee was a Somalian guy. He was crippled from the waist down. A cripple who can't speak english and will be living off entitlements until he dies.

bump

Please refer to for the first part of your question.

No other Spanish speakers aside from Cubans, the vast majority were Congolese or Somalians.

I know Sup Forums will find this contentious but the only 'western' ish people I ever moved in were from Chechnya. I swear on my life they were wearing Adidas clothing.

These people will never contribute to society. I haven't been asked what I've been hoping to tell yet so I will in a few moments. I have no problems with refugees or immigrants as long as they are willing to accept the part of the US that makes our country great and there's a place they did everything they could to do flee from. So yeah. Most of them should go. Unfortunately every one of them had legal documentation with regard to their status and permission to be on US soil.

Do they form distinct neighborhoods?

What is the punishment for high treason in USA?

Do they form distinct neighborhoods? If so how many does it take to do it?

Sorry for the shitty grammar and sentence fragmentations. Oktoberfest beers just started coming out here and I'm a sucker for them.

Do you feel guilty? When you go to bed at night, do you feel good because you helped some deserving Cubans or feel bad because of the others?

Muslims should never, ever, under any circumstances, be given any help or cooperation at all.

>I swear on my life they were wearing Adidas clothing.

That's something we would all believe user.

Stereotypes exist for a reason.

1. In the overwhelming majority of cases yes. Even if you had only specified culture (instead of political culture) the answer would still be a resounding yes from my experience. To reiterate what I mentioned earlier I didn't follow up with these people a month down the line, so if they started a vibrant culture in the community would I know? Probably, but I can't say with 100% certainty. I will say that we provided art to them, about one piece per non living room and two per living room. On the few occasions I did have to go back to some of these apartments they were always neatly stacked in a corner tucked away. I can only assume they didn't understand what art is or it's significance. If I sound like a faggot there oh well, I enjoy art and own a few original pieces that I really love. And it's my AMA so whatever.

Sorry user, didn't answer your second question.

2. That's a really good question that I had never considered. I would have to say we currently have an atrocious solution. I'm posting on Sup Forums right now so you can guess my political leanings but I'm not against taking on refugees as a blanket solution.

I want to reiterate that these refugees are given everything. They don't appreciate any of it. There's a grace period where they don't have to work at all while "integrating" into our society, I think it's about six months or so. Fucking pathetic. If people come to our country to start a better life for themselves and escape whatever their coming from it's our right to ask something from them in return.

Why not start a modern reboot of the CCC? A blanket ban is politically impossible. But what about a Refugee Conservation Corps? Give them a few weeks to see what the US culture is all about then give them the option of working hard and staying in the US or simply being deported to their home country. If liberals opposed this we could just say "Hey assholes the US did the same thing to our own citizens during the Great Depression and it was hailed as a progressive achievement". Throw a carrot at the end of the stick and call it a done deal.

A large portion of them vanish after about three months. I'm dead serious. I'm talking furniture still in place, all the toys we gave their kids and other furnishings lying around. I'm told that after that amount of time they have been able to save up enough to buy some tickets to another city where other refugees of the same nationality have clustered. This is human nature, but still fucking weird to move out an empty house you had only furnished just a few months before.

No paper trail though. Even the president of my organization has no idea where they've gone.

I can't respond this fast :(

Don't worry user, I'm still here.

Waiting to hear what you said you wanted to tell us

Execution....

It was a job. I got paid very well all things said and done.

Oddly enough they also were super laid back. Pretty sure they had ties to local organized crime.

>I got paid very well all things said and done.
Gonna get reamed for this but how did you get said job? I might be interested...

It's ok user, it's ok

Sorry user, I meant it paid well for a part time job. I had three day weekends, I would have made about $29k a year though I think if it had been my only position.

All the blood they spill will be on your hands. You are an accomplice to all the crimes they commit.

This.

I have nothing to ask but I am interested in hearing what you have to say.

Would use it to pad a graduate school application, and I could probably get a shitty apartment on that. Should I just start applying for jobs at NGOs?

Do you have any idea where they go to?

Thanks. I needed to check this.