Saw this on FB

How does Sup Forums feel about the military?

Does this piss you off? Or do you agree that we shouldnt put the military on such a pedestal?

I personally dont care about stupid shit like not standing up for the anthem, burning the flag, etc

What I do care about is edgelords like this acting like they are so morally superior.

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2016/03/29/fbi-warned-dutch-police-about-brussels-terrorists-before-attacks/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage_in_Indiana
samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/report_1943/ShortReport-1943.html
cbsnews.com/news/heroin-use-in-u-s-reaches-alarming-20-year-high/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsuccessful_terrorist_plots_in_the_United_States_post-9/11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Teenagers talk about something they don't understand in an attempt to sound smart
stop the fuckin presses X)

>salon.com

Who gives a fuck what those cunts think?

>Salon.com

Fucking lol

D R O P P E D

It's true, that Khan fuck's kid is just a regular dude that murdered other brown dudes for money

hes 26

Holding any kind of veteran in a special place of honor is of great benefit to the country.

The knowledge that their service will be respected, as well as the knowledge that if they die in battle their families will be treated with the utmost respect, raises the morale of every soldier in the army. It keeps up our esprit de corps and keeps recruits coming for an otherwise thankless job.

This is why veterans are so untouchable in American society, and smug retards like this don't understand that they're directly harming our society.

By the way, the fact that Drumpf got into a personal feud with one such family, having lived his whole life in this culture, is testament to his lack of self control.

>calling military of today "heroes"
>not realizing every conflict post WWII has been motivated by the greed of the (((elite))) and had nothing to do with defending the constitution

top kek m8

gimme a sec

>Train 1% of population to kill
>Send military to kill in the middle East.
>Treat trained killers like shit
Veterans have a long history of violent rebellion in the USA.

Veteran Placation is a requirement for domestic peace.

>dumb people try to sound smart

>terrorist attacks up 300% since combat operations stopped in 2012
U GUIZE DIE 4 JEWS LOL

defending the petrodollar is dying for the jews. no freedoms were defended in some muslim shithole

That's why we got fed up and got rid of the draft.

The military of today are volunteers spreading our name to the world. Our glorious deeds on the field of battle will echo throughout history.

As I mentioned, respecting these people makes them better at their job, and I for one am willing to pay that price to have gladiators fight in my name in someone else's shitty country.

Army fag here. I actually hate when people worship the military. It's pathetic. Most people in the military are society's bottom of the barrel anyway.

Korea was about freedom, Vietnam was about freedom, The Gulf war was about freedom, Afghan war was about revenge and Iraq war was about sand. The coming ISIS war will be about freedom tho

>im-fucking-plying WWII was fought for our freedoms
Let me guess, (((Masciotra)))?

he's right but for the wrong reasons.

>terrorist attacks up 6 gorrillion% since us intervention in the middle east.

I hate pricks like this, they would never have the stones to set foot in the countries these brave men and women wage war in let alone join any armed forces, fucking scum

Professional soldiers are essentially mercenaries desu. There can be instances of heroism (and are) but the article's right that their career doesn't make them a hero.

>Korea was about freedom, Vietnam was about freedom, The Gulf war was about freedom
how? they were about ensuring ((("american"))) hegemony.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that most people in the military hold bullshit jobs like cooks and supply and then claim to be hardned war fighters

Both worshiping and hating the military is retarded.

Preventing the spread of communism was the same as ensuring freedom to americans then.

Here's your (you) fuckface

Disagree on Vietnam: Not standing up in Vietnam meant conceding South east Asia to commies.

And also, Post maker forgets Space race was military based.

Ops pic is right though.
There were minorities who served in the military during ww1 and ww2 who probably got shit treatment and are unrecognized today as heros.
Blacks had served in world wars still didn't get equal treatment until the civil right movement. Even after that, minorities still get shit on despite actual efforts.

Those who brag about grandpa fighting is because the draft was enabled, they were forced to fight. Some killed themselves because they weren't fit to serve and not seen as real men, its a social thing of the times like men are supposed to drive big trucks.

Those people who serve only go in for the benefits or to get out of the hole they were born in. Those who volunteer under the naive thought to protecting this country and rights usually come from small rural towns where its mostly white and don't have a clue about the world or how it works, let alone never seen many people other than their own. Truth be told, they all have biased views on non whites which is why they were eager to volunteer after 9/11.

I lived in a rural but growing town during high school and observed the recruiters and their tactics to get fresh volunteers. "country" or "good ol boys" were easy to bait.

on the same hand, there is a growing rate of gangs in the military too.

shalom, goys.

You can hate the war but you shouldn't hate the man.

It kept the balance of power from tiping over the the ussr

>Korea was about freedom, Vietnam was about freedom
These two wars were justified because they were proxy wars in the Cold War and Russia did the same thing

The others are just plain trash and had nothing to do with Americans at all

>tripfag

I read your post, and you're already dumb as fuck, but disregarded further.

Why is there such hostility towards military members and veterans.

Really, think about this: they devote a portion of their life towards serving their nation and ensuring its security, only to be treated like shit by people who despise them for, what reason, exactly?

The gulf war was to protect an ally (kwait and sa) in the me

>Why is there such hostility towards military members and veterans.

they're assfucking faggots, that's why

Countries with powerful militaries should do whatever they can to glorify their military.

Russia glorifies their military while Japan doesn't. Why? Because Ladas are irrelevant and Toyotas are internationally renowned. You highlight your strengths as a nation. When the time comes that the US is no longer a military superpower and instead exports basketweaving and raccoon pelts, then people can rightfully not take pride in the military.

I have no problems being forced to say our military are heros and yada yada veterans. It saves us a lot of money so we don't have to actually treat them like heros.

What's the matter? Can't come up with an argument?

We live in a warrior culture, and it must be preserved by glorifying the deeds of those that fight.

>join the military
>ensuring its security,

theres your problem

the fbi has tabs on everyone. im not shitting you, every terrorist attack in the past 30 years on us soil you can guarantee the press has some agent saying that they knew in advance, days, weeks or even years before.

Military just serves in the interest of the nation or elected few. whatever that interest may or may not be in the interest of the civilians.

its right in front of you retard.
nypost.com/2016/03/29/fbi-warned-dutch-police-about-brussels-terrorists-before-attacks/

it's true tho

I don't respect anybody in the military for being in the military. Just like anybody else, it matters what they do, not who they are. If, for example, you go into fire to drag a casualty out of danger, that's a legit heroic action even if the war you're in blows. It's what you do, not the uniform you wear.

t. Veteran

I've been enlisted in the Marines for a decade, plan on commissioning in the next year or two, deployed overseas, served as a drill instructor, seen combat, etc.

I agree with what this article and the OP are saying. We're not heroes, nor do we deserve special treatment. We get enough benefits, pay and more to more than make up for our "sacrifices."

Plus, I'm assuming everyone on pol here realizes we're not fighting to protect our people. We're pawns of politicians.

if you don't respect veterans, then you dont understand warrior culture.

if you dont understand warrior culture, you have a a severe ignorance in evolutionary history.

tl;dr basically you're a fucking retard if you disparage a nation's veterans

historically speaking, even war prisoners from enemy armies are still, at least in principle, given some modicum of respect.

Cooks are being phased out and civilianized. Supply is full of nigs who can't claim shit because they're illiterate.

>still thinks he a hero for saving his friend in a battle for a nations interest.
your ordered to do something. if you go against that order because of actual moral or know it isnt right you get shot.
helping your dieing friend is ok but know that you volunteered to become military property to begin with.
you get no sympathy or brownie points chump. let alone you are not a hero.

try being black and fighting for civil rights with no trust fund from the tax payer, bitch.

Good post. Just remember that Vets generally don't like the attention or "hero worship". The douchebag who goes around always wanting to bring up and talk about his time in the military, is also seen as a douchebag by other vets.

> hegemony
> You talk like a fag and you shit's all retarded.
I bet you say "problematic," as well, you fucking paki

perhaps the warrior culture is primitive and obsolete.
after all you look down on blacks because they're too violent to fit in society. but you have high regard for people who serve to fuck up families defending their nation overseas?

Civil rights protestors are scum. All nigs should be deported to Africa

If you really are a marine, I have a question for you.

I'm 22, recently graduated college and I cant stand the corporate rat race. I want to LIVE and be challenged and not be a stupid fucking number on a company's spreadsheet.

is there any level of "service" and fulfillment for me in the military?

i feel like serving my country is a better fit for me rather than working a cuck salary job that's only making some guy 10 titles ahead of me richer

>try being black and fighting for civil rights
jesse jackson is that you?

im not trying to start shit but I don't think there has been a recognized, legitimate "civil rights" movement since MLK did all the work for you all.

>doent want to be a number
>asks about joining the military

hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaa

End yourself kike

>the niggering of our culture continues

He's right. Soldiers are just useful idiot pawns of Israel fighting to increase the size of Israel's bank account. No need to treat them as heroes.

>there has been a recognized, legitimate "civil rights" movement since MLK

you make my country look bad. no wonder theres never a shortage of volunteers to get their legs blown off by some bomb made by little brown kids.

Allahu Akbar!
The U.S. must take Monroe Doctrine now.
The U.S. must withdraw American Forces from all Foreign Countries now.
Stop America's doing its all wars now!
I love American99% and the U.S.
Japan, Germany and China are evil empires.
Islamists' true enemies are Japan, Germany, China, top1%, Wall-Street, American-Military-Industry and DOD!
Allahu Akbar!

>perhaps the warrior culture is primitive and obsolete.
i disagree. the excess and luxury we live in has blinded us to the truth that we're soft and it's only a matter of time before democratic systems consume themselves, collapse, and people are left to pick up the pieces the only way they know how.

>after all you look down on blacks because they're too violent to fit in society. but you have high regard for people who serve to fuck up families defending their nation overseas?
projecting? what are you talking about dude. what the fuck does this have to do with race? warrior culture goes beyond the color of your skin, little boy.

Warrior culture has never and will never be obsolete. History is a parade of constant struggle punctuated with brief periods of peace. Those that are not willing to fight for what they have and want in this world do not deserve to live.

You are naïve if you think we've "evolved." Every time in history that a civilization has abandoned its warrior roots, it has soon been at the mercy of a civilization that did not.

Weak bait. Back to the garbage with you

>we need to keep bombing the shit out the middle east to keep us safe

bro secularist democracy was growing in the middle east at the beginning of the 20th century.

people over there join the taliban because the US is allying itself with their corrupt militaries and organizations, which routinely rape across the countryside and extort poor farmers

they don't even like the taliban but holy fuck dude do you even realize what america has done to region? with the creation and defense of israel? literally 40% of afghanistan is starving while most of the foreign aid is eaten up by karzai's corrupt as shit government. the same government we support.

read a fucking book. i have some reservations about blaming troops, since they're mainly poor kids looking for some respect, but not a single solider has died for american ideals since the civil war.

why dont you address the issue then?

what makes you a special snowflake? please, tell me what recognized movement you or some friend is a part of that is on par with the civil rights movement of '64.

we only live in luxury because we take from others. The true civilization is self substantiation with room to allow others to thrive.

you know whats going on.

Wrong example, Civil Rights was clearly a huge mistake.

>You are naïve if you think we've "evolved." Every time in history that a civilization has abandoned its warrior roots, it has soon been at the mercy of a civilization that did not.

someone finally gets it, THANK YOU.

understanding evolutionary history and the history of human conflict in a greater expanse is key to understanding warrior culture and why it's still very relevant to us.

>bro secularist democracy was growing in the middle east at the beginning of the 20th century.
what is: shariah law

>not a single solider has died for american ideals since the civil war.
what is: WW1 and 2

>what makes you a special snowflake?

i actually took liberal arts to learn about the struggles of others.

> tell me what recognized movement you or some friend is a part of that is on par with the civil rights movement of '64.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage_in_Indiana

>it's been 70 years since we fought a war about freedom

But Hitler lost tho :^)

>we only live in luxury because we take from others
Damn right. I would like to continue living in luxury, and that means preserving warrior culture to be able to dominate all other competition.

they are right. politicians attempt to shit on the constitution, spy on Americans, arrest whirled blower and open open out borders to rapists and criminals and these cucks claim they fight for our freedom in the middle east? kek.

American military are pretty much U.N mercenaries paid off our tax dollars who waste away after the government is done using them.

cops and fire fighters are hero's. military is just a tool. shit some of them brag about how they would kill American civilians if they were ordered too. liberals are dead on when it comes to military.

He's right you know

What freedom would we have lost from Vietcong? Al Qaeda? Taliban? IS?

>we only live in luxury because we take from others. The true civilization is self substantiation with room to allow others to thrive.

in other words, we're privileged and you think utopia is 2016!NOW

get the fuck out of here you effeminate cuck

"true civilization" listen to this guy on his soapbox as he stands and spits on the shoulders of giants that have granted him excess privilege

im sure that's how heroin gets to the united states. a rise since the afghan war of 2003
im not joking.

samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/report_1943/ShortReport-1943.html
cbsnews.com/news/heroin-use-in-u-s-reaches-alarming-20-year-high/

>what is: shariah law
what is permanent war from a psychotic acting super power run by profiteers?

>what is: WW1 and 2
what is the bankers war and the bankers war 2, electric boogalo?

anyone who reads or contributes to salon should hang alongside soros and clinton

Look at this list of foiled attacks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsuccessful_terrorist_plots_in_the_United_States_post-9/11

I don't think it's fully updated. Supposedly 103 thwarted attacks since 2009.

You can do that without joining the military. You seem to be hooked on the idea that your service or sacrifice needs to also be your job, it doesn't. There was a time in this country when welfare didn't exist, it didn't need to, people took care of each-other. I'm in the navy be I'm under no delusion that I am owed any respect because of it. I enjoy what I do, I'm good at it and I get paid for it. There far better people than me, that do far more for far less.

>i actually took liberal arts to learn about the struggles of others.
gender studies cuck confirmed.
hows that job search going? less than $10,000 in checking im guessing too.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage_in_Indiana
equating the gay struggle with the black struggle?
you just spit in MLK's face

you guys really are faggots. there's no other way to put it

die

WOW
such edge

back to /r9k with you

if you don't like it you can move out puss-c

oh wait, all you do is talk shit and reap the benefits, gotcha

most of them were too fucking stupid to get their GED and had no job prospects aside from working in fast food. The real heros are the people who pay taxes who pay for those salaries and weapons.

fucking faggot.
kill yourself. And your nigger parents.

>minorities
>shit treatment

seriously. If you dont have the means, ill help you out

During peace time, the military is just teeming with the dredges of society.
>not smart enough for college
JOIN THE ARMY
>not good at holding down jobs
JOIN THE ARMY
>wanna shoot/main/rape people and are good at hiding your psycho tendencies in an evaluation?
WELCOME TO THE ARMY

shoot/maim*/rape

so you're telling me the military doesnt provide any amount of patriotism or actual service to the nation?

just doing the pure will of the jew?

im so lost. sometimes i day dream about going through BUDs or some other challenge. I fucking hate my desk job.

i wanna do something important and meaningfu but i dont know what or how t odo it

Not standing up for the anthem and burning the flag is pretty serious sempai. Well the acts themselves are harmless but lack of nationalism is what caused a significant part of our current problems.

yeah thats the army

but the marines, air force, and navy are still left. not to mention OCS.

waiter! this bait is overcooked.

>welfare queens
>fight for the jews
>deserve respect
I'd spit on the family of a dead soldier if i could.
Died fighting for the wealthy.

>inb4 3edgy6me

The military doesn't protect our freedom by invading Iraq. However soldiers do protect our freedom by virtue of existing. If they were not trained and willing to sacrifice their lives we could not have freedom. God bless soldiers. People who serve in the armed forces deserved to be honored. The only thing I want to say is that people should remember being a veteran doesn't make them right in a discussion.

>SA
>ally
The kingdom uses USA as mercenaries and that is it.

>welfare queens
???????????????

made no sense

the most patriotic thing you can do is criticize those who dupe your fellow countrymen for a living

it is a FACT that the majority of americans were isolationist and opposed the war (wilson was elected on an anti-war message!), before creel and the CPI, started by Wilson (who wanted more hardline censorship and propagandistic measures to be used to support the war), effectively flooded the country with propaganda, from hollywood to every periodical every american read, to even the street corner, where so called four-minute-men were trained to espouse the necessity of the war. even then, only some 70k young men voluntarily joined the war. so wilson started a draft, forcing Americans to fight so wall street bankers could recoup their investments in the ally war efforts.

from this point america becomes totally psychotic in its behavior. the propaganda war machine begun in world war one seeps into every facet of american life, and americans turn in one generation from an isolationist progressive society into a shallow, consumer-driven population of serfs, killing anything remotely anti-corporate, completely at the mercy of the masters of social engineering who cut their teeth on world war one, the bloodiest con ever pulled on a population our size, ever. the largest mobilization of force through sheer deceit that the world has ever known.

there is nothing more american than criticism of this situation.

>>free drugs please gibs me
>>free tuition plz gibs me
>>free drinks when i wear my tax payer issued clothes
get it now?

also, if u are in the military please go suck a saudi/jew dick.

Fucking thank you

He's a teenager in mind. Don't be fooled by his adult body.

The people protecting our freedom are the ones in charge of launching missiles. The ones getting blown up by sand niggers are throwing their lives away for no reason. Doing something dangerous does not necessarily make you a hero.

How come US military men always come back traumatized while not physically injured? Is it because they feel guilty for indiscriminately killing and raping civilian mudslimes?

Sound like a bunch of pussies if you ask me.

Send him the Salon article where they defend pedophiles. Tell him he's sourcing that media outlet, that defends pedophiles.

Then tell him to khs