The Flush and his Rugs

Okay. so . . . how in God's name are Roscoe Dillon's powers supposed to work, exactly?
>spins really fast
>can induce crippling vertigo
>can, uh- induce mental suggestions-
>can . . . survive death and possess people-

So how in God's name do his powers work and how did they happen?

Sure there must be some Flash expert milling around who knows. Please? What the fuck is this guy.

You sound like a bottom, OP

His powers are a form of mind control, caused by his costume and mental telepathy invoking people's innate homosexuality.

Vertigo? That's gay manifesting itself.

Mental suggestions? Gay again.

Death and posession? Even death can't stop the Gay.

Originally he was just spin super fast. Then, due to being a Silver Age character (meaning it was a time when anything goes), he became a ghost, worked out Barry's identity and possessed his father.

This was then retconned by Johns who stated that when the Top spins, he expands his brain matter (seriously) making him intelligent. More spinning = more get smart. So we are supposed to believe that Top became way too much for Barry to handle, what with his spinning being a counter to speed, knowing his full identity, being evil and his intellect being so high.

Barry got the Justice League to mind wipe the Top into being a good guy (and the Top, thinking he was good, mind wiped a bunch of Rogues into also being good guys). This all came to light in Identity Crisis and led to Rogue War.

Well, the 'spinning makes him more intelligent' was actually stated in his first appearance. So that's a Silver Age thing which Johns kept.

As for how he knew Barry's full identity, that was from his time as a disembodied ghost. He was spying on him the whole time (what else is a ghost gonna do, I guess).

OP, the reason he developed psi powers is because of that spinning. As mentioned above, his intelligence increased due to spinning. But it also gave him telekinesis eventually, and then he died as a result of all those effects on his brain (it basically fried).

So the guy died, but his ghost can possess corpses and that's exactly what he does. And over time, his still-changing brain also developed the vertigo powers and his mind-control powers.

Basically, all his powers ultimately stem from his spinning. Except possibly the ghost-possessing-bodies thing, and Johns actually retconned that into one of his psi powers as well.

He is my favourite comics character.

the TV top was way less nonsensical

>So how in God's name do his powers work and how did they happen?
Spinforce

>Well, the 'spinning makes him more intelligent' was actually stated in his first appearance. So that's a Silver Age thing which Johns kept.
Yeah, I misremembered.

Well the idea is that as the seasons go on she will spin, get more intelligent and grow as a threat.

but she doesnt actually spin; her power is more of a psychic ability in the TV show

She has the vertigo powers in the show, the spinning will come, she was spinning when hit by the particle wave.

holy shit dude my sides

Yeah, except it doesn't really make sense to call her 'the Top' if she doesn't spin.

I hope her powers will increase, because she's pretty weak as is. Just one power that was easily shaken off.

>I hope her powers will increase, because she's pretty weak as is. Just one power that was easily shaken off.
Look at the actors for the Rogues, they are almost all notable and clearly the show has plans for them.

They won't have got that female actor for a one off, she will be back.

I know she'll be back because the showrunners said it was a recurring role. I'm just hoping they do more to make her a threat.

I think she will become a season size villain just like in Rogue War.

They've already setup MM/Top vs Cold. We also know Trikster and Weather Wizard have teamed up. So we could have 2-3 factions.

Do his powers reverse in Australia?

Honestly, that's what I'm most hoping for. We'll see, I guess. I wasn't hugely thrilled with her, but she was okay and I did see potential. Just keeping my fingers crossed.

>Yeah, except it doesn't really make sense to call her 'the Top' if she doesn't spin.
I'm pretty sure the angle they were going with is that her powers make your head spin.

The stereotype for Hypnosis is to look at a spinning spiral, yo.

Gonna storytime a key Top issue or two.

First time he's shown spinning.

He was always a bit of a weird kid.

I was just about to make a Power Creep thread using this guy as the OP image

are you a wizard, OP?

And here's where he mentions that his spinning made him more intelligent.

I fucking love the atomic grenade

Here's where the comic goes full Looney Tunes.

Wouldn't be a Rogue funeral without shitty puns.

Here's where we find he's gotten his first new power, telekinesis. Though the issue calls it "mind over matter".

Not on top of the world for long

The Rogues spend the rest of the next issue trying to stop the top bombs.

By this story, the Top had possessed a new body and recently escaped from Iron Heights.

Well he's not wrong.

Here comes crazy!

ty user

And this is his first use of the vertigo powers that you saw in last week's Flash episode.

No problem! I'm more fond of him than I should be.

Here's where he explains about his changing/evolving powers.

Ow.

Everybody's favourite page of the Rogues.

In this issue Johns retells his origin and history, changing some stuff, keeping some stuff, and adding new details.

I didn't post the story of Henry Allen's possession because it's six issues, but this recaps it while changing a few details.

All this stuff was added by Johns, as was the entire bit was Zatanna and Identity Crisis.

*with Zatanna

I'm sure this will end well

The only two beings in the entire goddamned universe he should worry about in any capacity what so ever is thawne and zolomon.

Him fagging on about captain cold while having his fucking power set is the most embarassing shit I've ever heard in my fucking life.

That was before Zolomon, even. I think he was more concerned about his loved ones than a threat to himself, however.

Last issue of the storytime!

Remember Wiggins Toys? That's the company Captain Boomerang worked for.

Here we see that he's got a limited degree of shapeshifting, presumably an extension of his telekinesis.