Really makes you think

really makes you think..

dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/476182/Russia-developing-star-wars-space-weapons

Other urls found in this thread:

spaceflightinsider.com/missions/defense/russian-soyuz-2-1b-rocket-successfully-launches-tundra-satellite/
spacenews.com/maneuvering-russian-satellite-has-everyones-attention/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-satellite_weapon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Chinese_anti-satellite_missile_test
youtube.com/watch?v=uvkhWIlmHEg
space.com/27806-russia-mystery-object-space-weapon.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hello 1986,how are you?

lol

russia can barely develop itself out of third world status

Weapon of Indignation confirmed.

Poland, never underestimate russia

russia may have been a raging tit during the USSR period

but now it's in a state of desparity after it's melt down.

Getting under control all the rampant corruption will be a miracle of social achievement there

they will find this is a massive waste of time and money.

true, and nice quad 7s

I wonder just what sort of weaponry we'll be using to take down satellites. Considering we would want to blind our enemies, i imagine it will be a major concern.

>Russia lost all of its early warning satellites in the spring of 2014.

spaceflightinsider.com/missions/defense/russian-soyuz-2-1b-rocket-successfully-launches-tundra-satellite/

Ask Kim Jung Un

You know why the west hasnt given Norks a ""democratical"" regime change by now?

yeah, mr Kim has a hook over them that'll cost them many many years of investing in technology and future "global" operations

we have counter-measures

there are no counter measures for that

unless you got fleet of drones flying over Norks 24/7

I was thinking about the measures taken against satellites, but interesting read nonetheless.

not really sure what you're talking about here, norks taking out sats?

America is over.

Missiles.
US,Russia and China already have the capability to destroy satellites. The problem is that it leaves a lot of debris behind and makes the orbit less usable.

>unless you got fleet of drones flying over Norks 24/7

or something

just US?

wockets packed with junk set to detonate at orbital height.

many many wockets

Like a Madman

>implying other countries on your continent somehow relevant.

Russia can into space. Poland and America can't.

You know the name of those systems? I've sort of just assumed they'd shoot nukes in every direction and EMP everything lol

yah, Russia has tons of anti-sat already in orbit

spacenews.com/maneuvering-russian-satellite-has-everyones-attention/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-satellite_weapon

they won't get all of them

plus, we can live without them

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Chinese_anti-satellite_missile_test
Pretty sure they did a more recent one.
Everyone was pretty angry about it since they were fucking up the orbit with debris.

lol the rich western hypocrites dont care about cities being nuked.

Theyve got deep underground shelters they will hide in, wait out and emerge like roaches after.

Target their assets, the most expensive assets, their network of global broadcasting.

And they start to take you seriously

A laser could ablate the surface and push it into an unrecoverable decaying orbit. You could also have a robotic drone that attaches to it and de-orbits or disables it.

If we get to the point that we're taking down enemy satellites the nukes will be flying though, so not much concern about orbital debris.

related
youtube.com/watch?v=uvkhWIlmHEg

Thanks for the (you)'s going to read more about this on my phone while i neglect my responsibilities.

why not just launch rockets that attach to the satellites and drop them out of orbit or blast them into interstellar space?

>As a result, some space analysts wonder if Object 2014-28E could be part of an anti-satellite program — perhaps a revived version of the Cold War-era "Istrebitel Sputnikov" ("satellite killer") project, which Russian officials have said was retired when the Soviet Union collapsed in the early 1990s.

space.com/27806-russia-mystery-object-space-weapon.html

It might be happening. We just don't know.

>spacenews.com/maneuvering-russian-satellite-has-everyones-attention/

In Denmark, perhaps tossing rocks at the sky.

Here in burgerstan, lots of thought and hardware have been devoted to this since the 60s.

In 1982 a F-15 hit afterburners, nosed up, and shot a ASM-135 missile into space and hit a sat.

The space shuttle was effectively a DoD space pickup truck for tampering with sats and bringing them down from orbit for onground examination vs burning up or drifting into deep space.

Now the same is done with the X-37B but without crew.

Current gen ICBMs can target sats, hold and hover, etc.

And while there are lasers and other such exotic options for taking down sats - the simpliest approach is simply interntional deorbiting a sat into the path of your target and feigning ignorance.

hmm

>Getting under control all the rampant corruption will be a miracle of social achievement there
Government has always been corrupt. The corruption is under control.

Russia is coming back baby, and this time we will nuke it along with you :D

Film and llitearture
>Build weapons in space to destroy incoming asteroids and invading aliens.

Real life
>Build weapons in space to attack own planet.

classic