J. Scott Campbell after the (most irrational outrage yet) over his Riri Williams cover...

J. Scott Campbell after the (most irrational outrage yet) over his Riri Williams cover, came back and did this far superior fan piece of the character.

The controversial cover...
I can get why the Milo Manara Spider Woman cover could be considered sexual, but this, this is just fucking mind blowing that people could have a problem with it.

Too sexual and she's literally white.

I am still shaking

Something about this art just seems...I don't know. Really bad.

It doesn't even come off sexual to me, just badly done. Like he rushed it.

That hairstyle is much better than the one Marvel gave her. Still the shittiest character ever conceived though.

This second attempt by Campbell just makes him look apologetic.

Oh it definitely was a quick rush job, the new piece looks like It has a lot more work & thought put into it.

it's just a piece of shit, he didn't even do a proper background

Why the hell didn't he just do this cover in the first place? It's leaps and bounds better than the one people got mad about.

Does she have an ARC thing in her chest or is that just a dumb shirt design?

Also I don't see how this is more sexualized than other kids her age on the street. Eh, whatever.

I'd be cool if she used the Iron Man suit as a stand or something.

It's the arms isn't it? Her left arm looks too small in comparison to her right like she has a baby arm. It's supposed to be coming forward while the rest of her body recedes back but there's no sense of depth so it just looks like it's there. It's poorly made, man like a little kid made it.

>Also I don't see how this is more sexualized than other kids her age on the street. Eh, whatever.

She's fictional. So it's like, a grave offense or something.

its 30x better. Outrage pays off again

Wow that's much better. Who knew he could draw something almost semi-competent.

>blatantly 100% covers breasts and genitals
I'd be laughing if it weren't actually breddy gud

I understand what he was going for with depth, but now that you mentioned baby arm I can't unsee it. It's 100x more ridiculous now.

OH MY FUCKING GOD, THEY ARE STILL SEEING SEXUAL SHIT!

putting a huge fat burka on every female character would solve every "problem" with this sexualized characters

Why is her hair so inconsistent?

They're puritans, that's what they do for a living. Hopefully they continue doing that until Marvel wakes up and gets sick of them.

Because it's kinky ass niggress hair. I'd be surprised if 90% of it wasn't a weave.

look at that perv going straight for the crotch

It's not an official work.

Those are both hair styles she could have though; the length isn't inconsistent. The big fro is picked out and teased, and the new picture is probably a day where she just did a wash and go, and then just twisted most of her hair up and out of the way. My hair is past shoulder length if pin straight, or near my ears if I just let it air dry

Black girl hair takes work. Sometimes you just wash it and its less poofy than if you tease it out.

literally what 15 year old urban black girls look like

unironically, literally, how they dress

I see.

it was very very lazy. generic pose. Generic/lame design. no identifiable character traits or features. campbell girl/body #10 with face #3..

it was attacked for idiotic reasons, but also bad enough to not justify defending.

>If you sit cross legged you are forcing everyone to look directly at your crotch even if you're holding something in front of you

He stated flat out that it was a rush job when he posted it and everyone started losing their shit.

You can tell, too, just based on her costume and pose.
Someone clearly said "uh...here's an image of her (the original cover that everyone saw) can you get it to us by tomorrow?"

Then the very same day as all the crap, Marvel damage controls by posting new, updated character designs Campbell clearly never saw.

The whole thing is stupid and blown out of proportion but what else is new in comics?