Why do americans put stones in their soup?

why do americans put stones in their soup?

Attached: r23r.jpg (1280x913, 146K)

they arent smart

I saw a show on TV about how Mexicans do this. Very eye opening.

We do it too. One of our dishes is called "stone soup" (sopa da pedra).

if this soup is american then why are there vegetables in it? everyone knows that healthy foods are like poison to las creaturas

Speaking of which, Americans sometimes drink soup from a cup instead of eating it from a bowl with a spoon.

They are a fascinating people.

Attached: cup-o-soup.jpg (535x356, 56K)

>d "stone soup"
we put potato instead of stones
try it, tastes good

lol wtf

woah looks nice, like feijoada

the stone is for decoration only after the soup is already made, it's a tradition
yes it's very thick

idk. they make for a hearty supper, and we love the hard/crunchy feeling of the stones between our teeth. They are also great for flavoring, my favorites are garnet, marble, and quartz.

Try it!

Can someone post the picture of people getting enraged because there was laurel in their dish ?

I like broth in my mug too.

thats how they serve it at my local chinese buffet

Never heard of this. New meme ?

No. Stone soup is not Amerifat OC.

>New
No, it's extremely old.
People have been using flame heated stones to boil water and cook stews for tens of thousands of years.

There is a myth where someone says they can make soup from a stone but trick them into putting all these ingredients into the pot to make it taste better, making a proper soup in the process.

I didn't know this was a story exclusive to America.

The earliest recorded known in English-speaking countries came from a French story collection right after the Brothers Grimm.

I had a filipino gf who insisted ice cream was meant to be eaten from a mug, not a bowl.

gib

it gives a stoney flavour to the soup and help it cool down, stone goes well with carrot & potato

sopa da pedra uma delicia

I’ve never eaten soup with a rock. That’s weird af. But I do regularly eat sandwiches that are entirely fried

It's a "Philosopher's stone".

Attached: Donald-John-Trump.png (735x400, 243K)

wtf we have this "sopa de piedra"

I've never heard of this in my entire life

Same, seems like bullshit.

why do other countries care

Thread

>why do americans put stones in their soup?
Stones are extremely low in calories.
Plus the stones are also heavy and while removing the stone you are actually exercising.

Some people do that here too

drinking soup from a cup is comfy

>homemade granite soup how your grandma made it

Literally nothing better in life, I miss her so much...

>Plus the stones are also heavy
that explains why american people are so heavy

Attached: 1522027205405.png (1280x800, 1.17M)