Since Marvel is now basically surviving as Star Wars Comics Inc., why hasn't Warner Bros...

Since Marvel is now basically surviving as Star Wars Comics Inc., why hasn't Warner Bros. used DC to exploit Harry Potter?

JK Rowling doesn't seem to care that much about other authors writing in her universe or the quality of said work after Cursed Child.

What series/writers would you like to see?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/04/14/when-jk-rowling-said-shed-never-do-harry-potter-comic-books/
washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2016/06/02/how-one-man-went-from-the-cia-to-writing-batmans-adventures/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Inb4 gaiman

DC akready has an english magician for manchidlren, is called Constantine.

>Harry Potter by rotating authors
The "main title", an anthology series of stories from Harry's world

>I Am Lord Voldemort by Grant Morrison
A series following Tom Riddle before he became the world's most feared dark wizard

>Luna! by writers Becky Cloonan and Brenden Fletcher and artist Karl Kerschl
A series following Luna Lovegood through her years at Hogwarts

>Aurors by Tom King
Set after the Cursed Child, Harry is the head of Magical Law Enforcement at the Ministry of Magic. While Harry is the main character, it's more story focused, following the Aurors as they try to hunt down dark wizards and dangerous artifacts.

As much as I didn't like the plot of Cursed Child, I would enjoy a book about Scorpius and Albus. Especially if they fuck.

Constantine is most definitely not for manchildren. It's horror, existential crisis, political satire, religious drama, thriller, and many other things. But its not for manchildren

JK Rowling turned them down. I don't think she likes comics.

an animated series set in Hogwarts (and preferably not focused on any established characters) focusing on school drama would be kind of cool, would be a good chance to have the main characters be from a mix of houses and get rid of gryffindor's status as the protagonist house

Tom King would be perfect because of his CIA background.

Luna has a good team since they're basically already writing Harry Potter

I'm not sure Morrison would be cool with JK's restrictions, even if they were lenient

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Morrison thinks the same way about Potter as Moore does.

Source? Because I wasn't aware of any talks.

I would think she'd be all over pretentious British authors that hate admitting they're writing children's books writing for her.

It's kinda hypocritical for her to hate comics, but use her BuzzFeed knockoff as her main outlet for new canon.

>Grant Morrison

Kek, prepare for all the inconsistencies in cursed child to be retconned, explained and properly canonized using a fifth dimensional meta-horcrux with the ability to travel through time and influence thought

There are some really fucked up implications about Dark Magic in the HP series. I would love to see Tom go wild with that.

bleedingcool.com/2016/04/14/when-jk-rowling-said-shed-never-do-harry-potter-comic-books/

Warner Bros doesn't hold the rights to Harry Potter. They held the rights to make the original books into movies (which they have now done, and can't remake), and they held the rights to make Fabulous Beasts (and sequels, presumably, but don't quote me on that) on the same principle, probably because they had first refusal on any future works.

While there are certain merchandising rights arising from their films, they don't hold the rights in perpetuity, in whole, or in anything like the way that, for example, Fox owns certain Marvel rights.

The reason for this is that by the time they were buying, Harry Potter was already a global bestseller, so Rowling was able to write her own terms instead of taking what was offered. She doesn't want comic books, apparently.

>Cursed Child.

The story is by Rowling. The stage play was written by someone with actual experience of writing for the stage, which is something Rowling is, fortunately, smart enough to understand she doesn't have.

Yes, it makes a difference.

Are you thinking of the guy who was killed off so they could have New 52 Constantine?

>Grant Morrison could fix Cursed Child in one issue

Don't tease me, user

Tom King wasn't CIA

Ray Dillon and Renae De Liz are having a lot of success right now with the Legend Of Wonder Woman digital first comic from DC. The President of DC Comics, Diane Nelson, used to work closely with JK Rowling on the Harry Potter movies at Warner Bros. Some commentators wondered if Nelson could get comic book rights to Harry Potter over to DC Comics for adaptations or new work.

But it was not to be. And ahead of the new Harry Potter stage play, Ray Dillon confirmed why… bleedingcool.com/2016/04/14/when-jk-rowling-said-shed-never-do-harry-potter-comic-books/

So Harry Potter shooting lighting out of his dick, then?

Yes he was
>washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2016/06/02/how-one-man-went-from-the-cia-to-writing-batmans-adventures/

DC should do Dune since nobody is trying on the movie/tv front anymore.

I read, years ago, that JKR shot down the idea of comics and cartoons because she wants everybody to be able to enjoy Harry Potter.

>guys, NOW is the perfect time to do a comic adaptation of people living in a desert planet trying to jihad the whole galaxy!

I don't think so user, the SJWs will go into seizures

What was wrong with Cursed Child? A lot of people seem to be saying that it has a lot of problems. I never bought the the book adaption or whatever it was.

The plot is really quite bad and full of plot holes.
A lot of people also don't like how they wrote the characters, but I didn't really mind that.

And a lot of the problems comes from the fact that it's simply the script to the play rather than a novel, so a lot of it is lost due to not being able to see it performed.

>comics and cartoons fans aren't actually people

Harry being a bad dad to his kids and a main plot point is people think voldemort had a time Turner and used it to go to the future and cuck malfoy

I'm not seeing the downside.

That's actually a very good idea. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense

Felt like fanfic, like the kids epilogue of book 7

Reminder that Snape war right and Potter became a shit like Vernon.

MMMMMMMM

>Harry being a bad dad to his kids
Considering how shitty his upbringing was, it's not surprising that he'd have trouble being a dad.
And they rumor is that Malfoy sent his wife back to fuck Voldemort, not Voldemort coming to the future.