Let's discuss the current state of ETERNITY

Has there been any speculation or reason why Eterniry keeps showing up in chains since ANAD launched?

is there some sort of secret build up to something?

It's not really "secret" build up. It's pretty clear and obvious build up for Eternity War.

it represents the marvel universe being chained down by sjws

well whatever did it has been indicated as being the huge thing Maker wants to merge all the universes together and form an army to fight

might be related to why the ultimate universe wasn't remade

Eternity is into some kinky shit.

the chains represent disney's ownership of marvel

or the burden of capitalism on a supposedly creative endeavor limiting the kinds of stories they are allowed to tell because the marketing department is stuck up their own ass on how accurate their graphs are at predicting where the money is

or bendis

maybe all of the above

So is Eternity War going to be a reboot?

We don't know

Ultimate Reed maybe knows something?

Galactus is investigating

If they were smart they'd use it to do a Rebirth of sorts.

But they aren't so no.

didn't they gave a brief explanation on Starbrand & Nightmask?

"Eternity in chains" is a powerful image on itself, Regardless of reasons.

Is the Living Tribunal still dead?

Which issue? I haven't been keeping up.

i believe so?

Adam Warlock of Earth-14209 is currently acting living tribunal

I doubt it. Seems more like something Ewing is doing in his books. Should be fun.

Go back to DC Gary.

Something about Eternity's children trying to re-seek balance on issue 3 and 4, I think.

Just finished reading that and it seems to raise more questions than it gives answers.

The Living Tribunal is dead?
Man, I sort of stopped reading Marvel around the time of the heroic age so obviously I missed out on a ton of shit but WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED? Pandering to minorities by inserting new characters into old roles is one thing, but even beyond that it's like every aspect of Marvel is completely unrecognizable to me. I mean DC went through New52 and I hated it, but it still sort of felt DCish, you know? Marvel just feels like a completely different universe.

the beyonders decided to start wiping out all of creation to basically find out what happens when the whole multiiverse bluescreens, and took out a significant number of abstracts and cosmic powers that they felt would get in the way of their grand experiment

He cameoed in Ultimates recently.

I'm sure they're building up for some kind of synergy to coincide with the next Avengers movies.

kinda outta the loop here but I'll ask anyway. why is Galactus yellow now?

He's been evolved to become the Lifebringer, Seeder of Worlds.
When his old boss, Master Order, tried to force him back to the old status quo, Galactus punched him in the face.

Alolan form

that sounds pretty cool actually. the yellow looks kinda lame though.

tl;dr
>universe getting turned off and on again kicked it into its 8th incarnation, quantum physics are slightly more complex
>allows the formation of stable Iso-8
>Galactus was prophesized to give back all the energy he took when the universe and the new one begins
>since that technically happened, a bunch of super genius and powerful heroes calling themselves The Ultimates hatched a plan to kick Galactus back into the machine that transformed him from a mortal into Galactus, pump the machine to the brim with Iso-8, and kickstart his transformation into a new form
>it works
>Galactus is now Lifebringer
it's all covered in the first few issues of Ewing's Ultimates

He went Super Saiyan.

so is Lifebringer a title or his name now? because I don't know if I can get behind the name change. everything else sounds pretty good though.

A title.

A title. He's Galactus the Lifebringer: Seeder of Worlds like how before he was Galactus the Devourer: Eater of Worlds.

it's just a title. another fun fact: Molecule Man now outranks him and nearly everything else

so is that what marvel is doing. making villains into heroes and heroes into villains?

no, they did that already.

yeah for like 2 years right? cyke, black cat, doom

Has that ever not been the case?
>oh no, Namor is invading the surface again because someone shat off the side of a boat
>oh no, Jean is possessed
>Magneto, please lead the Xavier school
>Venom is cool now, lethal protectah!
>god damn it Pym is off his meds again
>oh hi Dr Doom, so glad you're here to help us save the day.
>shit, Vision got hacked again
>yeah, sorry Cap. We're ALL leaving the Avengers. but here's three ex-supervillains to replace us
>for fucks sakes Wanda just stop
>remember that random mercenary in red and black? look how tormented he is.
>Kaine wants to be hardcore but the universe wont let him
>shit, Tony kinda went full fascist there
>MAGNETO WAS RIGHT
>what the fuck did we just say Wanda?
>where did it all go so wrong, SHIELD?
>CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT
>maybe this whole illuminati thing was a bad idea
>CYCLOPS=HITLER

no I was talking the Axis thing.

If that was the case, someone besides Ewing would also be doing it.

omg

why are they all men...?

just those ones. Death is female. I'm pretty sure a few of the other Cosmic entities are female too.

Fuck Eternity

Let's discuss the best cosmic level character:

Based Owen Reece

who's more powerful. Molecule Man or Dr. Manhattan?

Owen at full power is a Multiversal threat who was on the level as the original Beyonder

>makes the Living Tribunal and all other near omnipotent characters scared by walking into the room

Molecule Man. He isn't constrained by fatalism

Fuck, I hate the idea of this character. Even more so than Franklin Richards.

>Create a fictional multiverse full of cosmic beings that are literally facets and manifestations of reality itself
>Some writer shits out some Mary-Sue tier human character that completely invalidates their existences

I wish comic books would stop this. Like I get the narrative appeal of man transcending his mortality and becoming something greater, whether metaphorically or literally, but this shit is just too far.

>Some writer shits out some Mary-Sue tier human character that completely invalidates their existences
That writer would be Stan Lee with the help of Jack Kirby years, and for some decades, before any of the abstracts' creation.

While I generally agree, I think that the writing here is good enough that I can ignore the issue. The whole multiverse is kind of in disarray, so it doesn't entirely feel out of place.

I miss back when there was a sense that the humans were just small fish in a big pond, though.

Which character? It can't have been "decades" since Eternity's been around since 1965 and the modern Marvel universe was only around for four years before that.

I know that Lee and Kirby came up with Owen Reece, but was he as stupidly OP back when he first showed up in the F4 as he's depicted now in the Marvel universe?

How do you guys feel about the apparent absence of Celestials in recent Marvel? Like, the last one that showed up was Exitar, I believe. It's not like Marvel doesn't own their movie rights.

Yes.

He was nothing like this in the Lee/Kirby days. Guy was a two-bit villain who couldn't control organic molecules. Nothing even close to cosmic entities, which were more or less the same back in the '60s, but minus the hierarchy that got constructed in later decades.

I'm pretty for sure they're going to ignore all the cosmic aspect stuff of Marvels.

Don't want to confuse the normies.

lol

Don't forget Infinity, or mistress love. Sure hate tend to switch back and forth.

Well knowing Marvel they're probably retooling them to all be lesbian Muslims that make funny jokes!

Has cosmic Whoopie Goldberg ever shown up again?

IIRC under Kirby/Lee, Owens power came from a magic wand. Jim Shooter was the one who took Owen and turned him into an overpowered Godlike wimp, which IIRC was a metaphor for Shooter becoming EIC and a big shit his parents could bully

The Celestials always pissed me off. This super OP ancestor race and all they do is buttfuck younger races for shits and giggles? C'mon man. Give me an endgame.

>now

>why are they all men...?
They are CONCEPTS, that means they take form in what people think they look like.

It's lazy writing really.

Someone needs to do what Morrison did for DC in Multiversity and put Marvel all together. How everything fits together, in some form of I'd say 'hierarchy" but it doesn't need to be that linear.

>t. Kree Supreme Intelligence

She showed up in the Groot solo miniseries last year with a redesign

It's a metaphor for The Gods of the Marvel Cosmic Pantheon need to go about their business being badass unfathomable forces for about five years instead of jobbing for whichever mega-event is coming up next.

dumbass Molecule Man has been OP tier since the Lee & Kirby days. He just never reached his full potential until the secret wars mini series during the 80s.

Basically whoever chained Eternity is the next big bad, but like a fucking BIG bad. Ultimates 2 is going to focus on it I think. Anti-Man is now Galactus' new herold and is gathering the Ultimates to potentially face this threat. I think we'll learn the next piece in that book, or New Avengers.

Yea, he got his huge power-ups in Secret Wars 1 and 2.

You can actually see the eyes of whoever chained Eternity in this pic. Neat.

His new Herold looks fucking awesome though. Also, it's Anti-Man so he's extremely powerful.

They did that with Earth X..... and it was just bad.

Fer real tho just read Starlin Cosmic, Grunewald Cosmic, DnA Cosmic and now whatever Ewing is doing with Ultimates/New Avengers/ Contest of Champions. They all tie shit around and add to the basic narrative of things. Marvel doesn't really need a mutliversity to explain shit.

Also I think Celestials were always meant to be mysterious beings answering to a higher power. The whole point of them was that there are still things out there in the universe left unanswered to mere mortals.

I'm still disappointed that Mor-i-dun of the Fifth Cosmos didn't get to play a bigger role

The last survivor of the universe before Galactus' should be cosmically significant

What I hate is how Marvel can't fucking decide on spatial boundries. Like there's space, then there's the negative zone, then the superflow, then the outside? But I feel like there are just new layers added all the time just so characters can go even "further" outside reality. Like, Eternity isn't even close to all of existence. How?

Yeah, it's really dumb that metaphysical concepts like Order, Chaos and Eternity are eclipsed in power by a fucking shit-head human being.

>men
they aren't even human...

I hope it's his ex, angry that he never called

Isn't he still trapped in Billy's mind or something? I could see him breaking free.

>The DC Universe's Eternity chained Marvel's and made it her bitch
Seems plausible.

No Billy used his depression and self loathing to kick Moridun out as a weird squid thing that came out of Billy's mouth

I assume that AIM has him locked up somewhere

Yeah, and most of the newer additions are things basically stolen from DC comics. The whole 'super flow' was completely ripped off from DC. Starbrand, Nightmask, POD, and etc were all characters from their New Universal line which was supposed to be their answer to DC's Planetary, but New Universal failed hard and so they brought some of the elements from it into the main Marvel company.

Does the eyes of Eternity's captor remind anyone of Blue Marvel's son? I could have sworn he was made of white energy/neutronium and had blue eyes.

Yes.

Ewing is getting his own event within the next 2 or 3 years.
All his books have been building up to the "war to come".

>So is Eternity War going to be a reboot?
Just like Secret Wars is going to reboot the Marvel universe and will move all the X-Men to their own universe?
Or are you too new to remember that?

Chaos and Order are just giant floating heads.
Do giant floating heads existing as the manifestation of abstract concepts even count as having gender?

>or bendis
So this is all leading up to a Gwenpool themed event?

... and wouldn't assigning a female gender to either one be really sexist in one way or another?

It's the opposite. He's made of blue energy with white eyes. But I doubt he'd be powerful enough to chain eternity anyway.

Underrated post

did you just assume the gender of a whole group of Cosmic entities without knowing their prefered pronouns?!

Can you like, NOT?!

Watcher Nick Fury is starting to pop up again

He was barely an echo of his former self. More like a shadow remnant of what he once was bought to life. Thats why he went on to go possess Billy Later. He wasn't up in his A-game.

Here's Marvel Multiverse structure we know as of today.

I do agree they should stop adding new shit but idk why you are complaining about superflow when its been a thing for like 20 years or so?

What book? And who knows yet?

Yeah, they're going to reveal that he isn't cis-gendered and is actually a fucking tranny or some shit.

Why does anybody even care anymore, at this point?

You guys should study the string theories, it'll melt your brain.
Marvel might have came up with their stuff first but the real thing is eerily similar and way more complex.

No way, Marvel's doing that story in a different book with different characters.

... THIS IS A TRUE THING.

Master Order and Lord Chaos could be anything, since they're floating freaking heads.
Eternity is a man because his other half, Infinity, the embodiment of Time, is female.
The Living Tribunal is a man because this version of him is an uplifted version of Adam Warlock, who is was designed as a male (his three successors to Beehive's attempts to make genetically perfect humans were both female, before you start with that).
Then there's the beings who weren't there, like Death and Mistress Love.

Sad thing is, you have to ask; is that really beneath the levels current marvel staff would stoop too?

Because I honestly don't know, nor care, anymore.

He's been in Silver Surfer and Unworthy Thor recently