We seem to be in a golden age for adult-oriented cartoons...

We seem to be in a golden age for adult-oriented cartoons, but I genuinely have no idea what is and isn't good when it comes to family-friendly cartoons right now. I've watched a little over a season of Steven Universe but I'm not caught up on it.

Are family-oriented cartoons booming like adult shows are? What's good right now?

>inaudible half baked quotes from nietzsche makes your cartoon for adults

dont make me laugh

cartoons video games and movies will never ever not be for man children

only adults read books

>only adults read books
I've been reading books since I was five.

Gumball's pretty damn funny along with Clarence.

Adventure Time and Regular Show are really cool once you get lost in the lore and characters.

Steven Universe and Star are mediocre but still strangely interesting.

We Bare Bears is really cute and honestly one of my favourites currently.

Thanks! I never really checked out Gumball beyond watching a couple episodes that were on and laughing a bit.

Glad to hear Regular Show is still on. I watched the first season then got busy and never went back to it. How is Adventure Time these days? I heard it had kind of lost the "Adventure" part at some point.

What's Star? Never heard of it.

I've heard We Bare Bears is pretty good too. I'll look into it.

>Steven Universe is mediocre but Adventure Time and Regular Show are better and have great "lore"

Has an user ever been this retarded?

Quite possibly. Someone the other day said that Rick and Morty has no more humanity or complexity in its characters than Family Guy, and that the worst episodes of The Simpsons were better than the best episodes of Futurama.

There's a misconception about the phrase "adult oriented" to mean intellectually or emotionally mature when in reality it just means "aimed at the Male 18-35 demo".

The golden age for adult cartoons died a long time ago, when [as] replaced all their good stuff with retarded live action and lolrandum

this, the golden age was early to mid [as] with stuff like birdman, sealab, home movies, mission hill, etc. when tim and eric hit the scene was when it died off. now there's just garbage like reddit & meme and son of zorn for new cartoons and endless repeats of family guy

Milo Murphy's Law is shaping up to be a good series, but it is still really early so I might be calling this a bit too soon.

I've heard good things about StarVs, Clarence and Harvet Beaks, but I've yet to actually watch them.

This is kind of a bad time due to basically every late-00s and early 2010s show ending within the next 2 years.

OP here. I meant "aimed at the male 18-35 demo." Though I do think Rick and Morty and Bojack Horseman are two fantastic shows in terms of showing how hard life can be and how damaged people often are without reducing them to nothing but their flaws.

Archer is ongoing and got pretty good again this last season.

reee Dx get this pleb redit shit otta here

>>>/redit/

Neck yourself desu.

fart

We've got lots of good adult cartoons on right now: F is for Family, Bojack, Rick and Morty, Archer, Venture Bros, Bob's Burgers etc.

If you like Rick and Morty you should check out Future Worm.

Nobody watches TV together unless they're friends or fucking

Star is good if you stick with it for several episodes, it takes some time to get going though.

so what are children's books?

>only adults read books

A good amount of people fell off of AT, each for their own reason. I could go into more detail if ya want.

At any rate most people agree that it's good until like season 3 and/or 4.

So you take issue with the fact that they use half baked quote from nietzsche?
You think it would be better if they didn't? Your problem with the show is that its too smart?

that and Venture Bros as well as Bob's Burgers.

those 4 shows are great

>Bojack Horseman
>Bob's Burgers
>great
Kill yourself

Haven't you figured it out yet?
"Too smart for me, I don't get it" is the number one complaint on Sup Forums.

I suppose you're right.