Are there writers over the age of 40 who know how to write teenage characters well...

Are there writers over the age of 40 who know how to write teenage characters well? I seem to remember PAD's Young Justice was quite good but that was over a decade ago

>mfw I'm enjoying Champions and watching ships sink like rocks

Bendis?

Teenagers are teenagers are teenagers in every generation, music and clothing fads aside.

Claremont. Seriously, read his new Nightcrawler, he actually does teenagers suprisingly well, all things considered.

>I'm enjoying eating shit
Congratulations?

But im not reading Harley Quinn

But you are reading Champions

Giffen.

Sup Forums is getting real triggered by Champions, but honestly, it has a pretty similar vibe to Young Justice, the kids being frustrated by the adult superheroes and all.

Getting fixiated on viv saying "microagression" even though it was 100% a joke in that context is fucking ridiculous, you guys are way worse than tumblr.

My only problem with Waid is using the word "woke" because I happen to think that is some condescending bullshit, but other than that he gives the kids pretty recognizable voices, even if Kamala is totally different than in her own book (that totally happened with Robin in YJ and we didn't complain)

It's because peoples' favorite ships just aren't sailing here.

What if I thought Young Justice was also very badly written?

Waid's Archie is good, this is coming from a High Schooler

Young Justice has less established characterization so Peter "Putting Roma in a Coma" David had more wiggle room with how he could do the characters. Not only that but it was considerably less preachy and trying to be hip than what Waid is doing

>Blaming complaints are all about Sam getting cucked
People were already complaining about the terrible characterization for Cho and Viv, going the Chulked route was what really pushed it to the edge

Charles Burns

Ramos being dogshit doesn't help

Then you're gay.

I don't understand why you'd give a dam about either if you don't enjoy them.

I think what he means is writing teenagers to be like contemporary ones and not like teenagers in the 1980s or something.

What are you talking about? Most of the characters in Young Justice had been around for several years by the time the book launched. Champions most of the characters are barely 3 years old, some like Viv being less than 1.

Except Nova and Viv weren't dating. That was a Sup Forums ship, so their is nothing to be mad about.

No, not unless they regularly interact with older characters. Academy worked out ok because they had lots of adult characters to play off of.

The New Teen Titans, while a good enough book, none of the characters really ever sounded like teenagers, more like mid-twenty-somethings.

>The New Teen Titans, while a good enough book, none of the characters really ever sounded like teenagers, more like mid-twenty-somethings

This is a problem in general with cartoons/comics. Kids and teens both tend to act more like neurotic college students.

You gotta be 18+ to post here kid.

>inb4 I'm 18 and a senior in high school.

Sure, lad.

A neurotic college student is at about the same mental level as the typical high-schooler, so it's not unprecedented.

If he doesn't explicitly say he's underage, the mods can't ban him.

Prolly 'cause IRL kids and teens aren't all that interesting personality-wise, especially the former.

Until the latter part of the series, the book was carried by Superboy, Robin, and Impulse alone then followed with Wondergirl. Their characterizations weren't off enough for the most part.
>Barely 3 Years Old
Cho has been around for ages. Sam would have been around since 2011, same with Miles. Kamala and Viv are really the only relatively new characters here.

Cho macking on Viv when he had Gorgon is a pretty good reason.

I always suspected children were shitposting here.

The better question is why are middle aged adults keeping writing kids? They keep giving these projects to writers who are so old they can barely remember being a schoolchild. Wolfman is fucking 70 and he's writing a series about 17 year old girl going to school. It's kinda remarkable it's actually okay. I think his editor is a young woman so she's probably keeping his creepiness in check.

Honestly it's hard to take these complaint seriously when people praise Damian, Jon, TT etc. all the time.

Not eating different shit doesn't mean you're not still eating shit