Could a Harry Potter comic universe work?

Could a Harry Potter comic universe work?

the books are bad enough

Franchises can never die.

only if Rowling wanted to license it, which she actively doesn't want to do

it'll end up like Peter Pan, the rights managed and gifted to some worthy cause

>tfw no Bellatrix solo book

why

even

live

Give it time.

Rowling has the jew taste for money now she's released nothing else she writes will be successful

Yup. The Curse of L Frank Baum is in full effect. Dude could never escape Oz's success and had to keep writing Oz books to stay afloat despite several attempts to end the series and basically going "Please release me from this hell, I have so many other fantasy stories in me to tell" in a few of said Oz books.

JK's non-Potter books weren't as big, so now we get 5 Fantastic Beasts movies with Johnny Depp playing Grindelwald

Harry Potter already exists in Marvel if we consider that they have a multiverse with every possible fictional and non-fictional being present.

>Johnny Depp playing Grindelwald
No wonder Dumbledore wanted to be fucked by him.

I still can't get over the fact that Voldemort actually fucked her.

Wouldn't you?

Is the play even canon?

As I say every time we have one of these threads, Rowling needs to write a comic series based on what Luna and Neville were up to during the last year.

It's more like that I didn't think that Voldemort still cared about shit like that.

It was written by Rowling and is out as a book, it's as canon as it gets. I'm betting my ass they are already talking about making a movie adaptation about it too.

>acknowledging the play as canon
Don't do this to yourself. You're better off considering A Very Potter Musical and its sequels as canon, seeing as they're much more faithful to the characters, with a well written script and endlessly more entertaining.

With that said, I don't get people's fascination with having more of the harry potter universe. Rowling going full jew I can understand and that's not going to stop with just this ridiculous new set movies that nobody asked, after this she'll develop prequels for every single character and say "oh but these are the stories I REALLY wanted to tell!" and retards will gobble it all up.

But why would you want to go back? The story's been told, you won't be getting anything new out of it and it's been proven time and time again that it doesn't work ( Korra comes to mind ). At some point we really need to learn how to let go. They're good as children's novels, just leave them be for fuck's sake. Not everything needs to be a franchise

>They're good as children's novels, just leave them be for fuck's sake. Not everything needs to be a franchise
I'm just glad Skulduggery Pleasant never turned into an abomination like Harry Potter.

I'd read a series about the Marauders.

Helena was too hot. They should have gotten Tilda.

Disgusting.

Are they retconning the movies now? Hell, why not.

Like Bellatrix

Skulduggery movies would be best as a very loose 5 film adaptation, but considering they're doing a new series of books who knows where it's gonna go.

It has potential, but my main issue with it is that Harry Potter universe has more holes in it than a Gatling rifle victim. And to fix that, you would have to retcon quite a lot of stuff from the books.

Isnt he getting a DC comic? Or was that fake?

>tilda
So Voldemort in real life?

They fucked it up with the semi-coherent movies, no more please.

Now I want A Series of Unfortunate Events comics

They're making a tv series which look quite good so far, it's something

WB announced a while back that there would be a Harry Potter extended universe through DC Comics (series and OGNs) and, I think, possibly animated features.

Her Gilbraith novels have had decent reviews.
But you're right, when you've got half a billion dollars then your perspective gets screwed. You only have 'half' of something, shouldn't you strive to have a whole something, or two, or three? the fact that you're talking in millions or billions gets lost somewhere.

>"oh god, oh god, I hope she doesn't stick her wand up me bum."

She isn't bald in real life

Nor Voldemort, in real life.

What are some comics about insane women?

Civil War 2

thats true desu