TAKBIR

TAKBIR

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J9qMCicVDWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought it was problematic to show Muslims as imperfect in the CURRENT YEAR. WTF Marvel????

They're oppressing female Muslims, so it's okay.

Why is the bulletproof one in the back?

What are the odds that Kamala will complain about how the group handles this?

Can Miss Marvel fly?

Because they're shitty RPG players.

But most female muslims want to be opressed and want other females to be opressed.

Nah, there'll be a bit where the uncovered Jersey girl lusting after the Catholic kuffar yells at the jihadis about how they don't represent True Islam

Nope.
youtube.com/watch?v=J9qMCicVDWw

I like how Viv always looks casual. She really does not seem to give a fuck.

I just noticed none of these heroes are original characters...

All good names are already taken.

Waid interview:

>One of the fun elements of “Champions” #2 was the old school X-Men and Avengers-style soap opera elements. Will that continue going forward? When your teen cast isn’t thinking about saving the world, will they preoccupied with things like romance?

Yeah, they’ll be thinking about romance. They’ll be thinking about impressing each other. They’ll be thinking about being afraid of looking dumb in front of each other. They’re teenagers, and the life of a teenager is grand opera.

I still remember what it was like to be a teenager, as do you, as do our readers. Everything about being a teenager is super dramatic. There’s no reason we can’t keep that in the book as well, so every revelation is a bombshell. Every perceived betrayal is the end of the world. Every mistake they make is the worst mistake anybody ever made in the history of mankind. That rollercoaster of emotions and hormones just lends itself to great stories with teenage characters.

Fuck off

>One character whose emotions I’m especially curious about is Sam Alexander. In the early issues of “All-New, All-Different Avengers,” there was a very awkward attraction between the young Nova and Ms. Marvel. Is that still there? Because in “Champions” #2, he appeared to be especially interested in Viv.

He’s a young man with a healthy libido, and he has eyes for more than one girl at a time. I think he realizes that Kamala seems to be off the table for him for a while. I still would like to get back in there and examine that at some point, though.

>In “Champions” #2, Viv gets her first kiss thanks to a willing Amadeus Cho. In Issue #1, you hinted that they knew each other before joining up with the Champions. Were there some early off-panel interactions between the two that we might see in future issues?

I can’t say anything more about that, because it would spoil some things in Issue #3.

>I still remember what it was like to be a teenager
Not well enough, it seems.

>Female Muslims prefer modesty and chastity
>They want to be opressed
No woman as opressed as the western woman is and the sad thing is that she thinks that she is free.

>The Champions are a new dynamic for Viv, who hasn’t really had much interaction outside of her school, and the teenage Cyclops, who has spent much of his life as an X-Man. What’s it like for them to be part of a team whose take on superheroics differs greatly from other Marvel Universe teams?

Viv is quite taken with this opportunity to go out and learn, see the world, and do something to make the world a better place. That’s what the Champions exist to do more so than to punch out supervillains. It’s very exciting for her because, as you said, she hasn’t interacted with the world very much outside of Georgetown.

Cyclops is very wary. He knows he has to present himself and act in an exemplary way because everybody else on the team knows that, from their point of view, his adult incarnation turned into the worst villain to ever walk the face of the Earth. So there’s a lot of concern whether or not the young Cyclops will also follow in that path.

Cyclops knows that, and is terrified of that. He’s got to walk the straight and narrow. That said, there’s a need for him to be among people his own age whom he hasn’t formed bonds with yet, like the Champions, because it gives him the chance to reinvent himself a little bit. He can let other aspects of his personality shine.

>The Champions have an idea on how they’d like to impact the world, and often times implementing such a vision requires a leader. Is that something the team currently has? Because it looks like both the Hulk and Ms. Marvel have big plans for the team.

That will be a running gag for a little while. There are two people who think they’re the leader, and that’s Ms. Marvel and Amadeus — but half the team thinks Cyclops should be the leader because he’s a proven leader. So there’s a constant back and forth friction between all three characters about who should lead the team.

>Making a difference in their world is the Champions’ ultimate goal, which I imagine will put them up against some supervillains, but will they face everyday adversaries as well? Those who want the status quo to continue, like media organizations with agendas, greedy business people, and corrupt politicians?

The Champions are about confronting the injustices of the world, particularly the ones younger people face. As a Marvel comic, though, we can’t be too on the nose. It’s sort of disrespectful to do a story about Ferguson, call the city Ferguson, and act like the superheroes can have anything to do there, because that belittles the efforts of the real heroes in that town. If we take situations like that, though, and sort of tweak and fictionalize them a bit, it’s clear what we’re doing.

So we’re going to deal with racism, immigration issues, and things that are on the minds of young people everywhere.

>It sounds like this is sort of a sister book to “Occupy Avengers” in that that book features heroes trying to make the lives of everyday Americans better. “Champions” involves a team dedicated to doing the same thing, but on a global scale. Is that a fair description?

Yes, the Champions is very much an international group. Amadeus has a ton of money, so he’s set them up with transportation that makes the Avengers Quinjet look like a ’48 Ford. They can move all over the globe, and they will. Issue #3 takes place in South Asia. Issue #4 takes place near Atlantis. There’s different places we can go.

>Yeah, they’ll be thinking about romance. They’ll be thinking about impressing each other. They’ll be thinking about being afraid of looking dumb in front of each other. They’re teenagers, and the life of a teenager is grand opera.
This book would be so much better if it was just acting as a "take that" to modern teen/millennial culture and the general teenage narcissism combined with virtue signalling and shit like that. But nope.

>>Book keeps saying how Kamala and the rest are fed up with the big heroes causing damage and want to do justice their own way.
>>End up doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING

>It’s been years since you and “Champions” artist Humberto Ramos worked together regularly, having last teamed on another teen hero, DC Comics’ Impulse, but his work on the book looks like you guys have been collaborating together for quite some time.

I’ve only worked sporadically with him over the last 18-19 years since we left “Impulse.” He hasn’t missed a step, and when the two of us hooked up on this book, we just fell back into old habits very easily. We communicate the same way we did before. I think we’re a good team, and you wouldn’t know there’s been such a long break.

Humberto is the best. I’m lucky to be working with him again.

>Finally, the Champions came together because of past conflicts between Marvel superheroes, but there’s a big one on the horizon that has the potential to pull in two of their members, “Inhumans Versus X-Men.” Will the “Champions” series become embroiled in that conflict at all?

Not directly. Indirectly, there are some nods to it in issues #4-5. Right now, though, we’re trying to keep the book separate until it really gels and has it’s own identity.

>Come in expecting Marvel's Young Justice
>Get Mark Waid's Hard Travelling Heroes:Hello Fellow Kids Edition

>As a Marvel comic, though, we can’t be too on the nose
When has that ever stopped them before

They're saying that muslims oppress woman? MARVEL HOW CAN YOU BE SO ISLAMAPHOBIC IN 2016!?!?!?!?!?

Gr8 b8 m8.

What's wrong with Cyclops' arms

>his adult incarnation turned into the worst villain to ever walk the face of the Earth.
Epic simply epic.

It's a bait and switch

It will turn out the men they attacked were actually good guys.

Then Kamala will berate the team for judging them for being bigots and give a shitty ham-fisted speech (AGAIN). Real badguys will be white.

Classic Cyclops

brilliant

>from their point of view, his adult incarnation turned into the worst villain to ever walk the face of the Earth

stop the nonsense

Allahu Akbar! My radical Imam came into my room to bring me a plate of Hummus and I literally screamed at him and hit the hummus out of his hand. He started yelling at me, gave me 50 lashes for disrespecting him, and threatened to throw me off a building if I kept acting so homosexual. He glared at me as I sat shivering in the corner and then he left, closing the door behind him. I'm so distressed and starving from Ramadan right now that I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my Imam but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like going on a suicide mission. I want the whole world to be Muslim. I want to be a good, faithful servant to Islam and get my 72 virgins in heaven.

Cyclops was wrong.

Is it me or is Kamala getting skinnier and skinnier?

What did you say, Waid? I can't hear you from my moral high ground earned through years of heroism

She's even eating less which has been making her super bitchy in the comics lately. It's pottery.

In a universe where red skull,purple man,magneto,Norman Osborn exist,somehow rightclops is the worst

>Waid
>muh Silver Age
>muh O5
>muh Cyclops saying "mister" every chance he gets
Of course he'll shit on Rightclops.

And a clone of Hitler.

And the man who cloned Hitler.

You see, I don't hate this. I'd actually want all of this, but I feel like the book isn't doing any of that shit, at all.

Cyclops has a personality beyond training to be better and containing his optic blasts with ruby-quartz visors?

>from their point of view, his adult incarnation turned into the worst villain to ever walk the face of the Earth

What will Cyclops do in Death of X to become the worst villain to ever walk the face of the earth? He'll have to be worse than Dr. Doom, Magneto, Red Skull, Thanos, Dormammu...

so they cannot get shot at their backs.

>implying Kamala will not lecture tham about how they are not true muslim and how they didn't read the Coran, using the usual botched quote "if any one killed a person, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind"

>>Rightclops. Villain.

Hahahahahaha Oh Waid. You're confusing characters again.

The only way I can see this working somewhat is that something happened and Cyclops took all the blame on himself.

It's still be stupid because I don't know how anything short of blowing up the earth could make him worse than any people you mentioned.

>The worst villain to ever walk the face of the earth
Really? Really Marvel? Come on. There is literally nothing Cyclops could do to make this true

At least Viv keeps having neat outfits.

and a clone of Hitler who is living a peaceful life as art merchant.

>everybody else on the team knows that, from their point of view, his adult incarnation turned into the worst villain to ever walk the face of the Earth.
They have literally not shown adult Cyclops doing anything other than wanting to save people. If he does fuck up big time in DoX #4, how doe that even make him close to being the most dastardly villain ever?

Does Cylcops have one hand behind his back, and Nova's leg ends short and with a hand?

>Coran
It's the Holy Quran. Start with Q, not C or K.

Will this be another "everyone on the team triggers each other" issue?

Tyke is the only one on this team who isn't even a legacy character. In fact, he's kinda a reverse legacy character

fuck off, mudshit

If the expect thing of trying to change the Terrigen Cloud into something else goes south and blame is solely placed on Cyclops shoulders, seems unlikely unless it turns into what destroys all it comes into regardless what it is into component elements with millions of homo genus beings killed plus the everything else that would be in the area.

TEEN HEROES SOLVING TEEN PROBLEMS

LIKE MICROAGRESSIONS AND MUSLIM MEN OPPRESSING THEIR WOMEN

>his adult incarnation turned into the worst villain to ever walk the face of the Earth
Even worse than the fucking Red Skull?

To be fair, when was the last time the Avengers went to a muslim country and started punching insurgents?

Red Skull replaced Fuhrer's portrait with Scott's.

Because it would be very awkward.

Like the Captain Planet episode where they try and solve the Troubles in Ireland.

yes

does this page need improvement?!

I think so....

Easy, he killed marvels new cash cow, the Inhumans.

X-Factor did it. There was a pretty intense subplot with Rahne.

This is cultural appropriation and ageism at its finest. Did he even run this past a young person?

Even as just a brain, Prof X still plays favorites

WHERE RED SKULL'S LOVE FOR ETHNIC CLEANSING ENDS AND WHERE XAVIER'S FAVORITISM BEGINS?

>take that PATRIARCHY
>not
>"Ask me about my Feminist Agenda!"
ONE JOB!

I don't think there is any division between Skull and Xavier in this case because, according to Marvel, Scott is both the new Magneto and the new Hitler

I still can't quite grasp this concept

>Did he even run this past a young person?
Having read the first two issues ... Imma go with "no."

He's into being dominated through bondage and enjoys kinky sex because subconsciously he wants to lose control or give control to his hot female partner. That's why he's not afraid of strong women

Pics or it didn't happened

At least we know Sup Forums isn't tumblr now

>I still can't quite grasp this concept

How much of that is Cyclops and how much is Chris Claremont?

What the fuck is the context of this panel

Pym's Robovengers.

Hey now, Grant Morrison helped too

Pym made himself some playmates back in the day.

>his adult incarnation turned into the worst villain to ever walk the face of the Earth
Consider that Cho is a chad asshole, Kamala is annoying Soapboxing cunt, and Viv and completely different from her Vision self, I am 100% sure that Waid has no idea what Cyclops did and is talking out of his ass.

What's really funny (or wince inducing depending on your sense of humor) is that this was written quite a while ago ... before they replaced Iron Man with a 15 year old black girl, Wasp with Nadia, Hulk with Cho, Wolverine with X-23 or gave Vision a "teen" daughter.

At this point they're actually running out of characters that they HAVEN'T gender/race/agebent,

The upcoming Hawkeye solo is staring Katie and the relaunched All-New Ghost Driver is still the Latino kid in LA.

well I don't agree with you... no one agrees with you actually.

Fraction did his part too

I do, it's better than take that patriarchy at the very least

>We can't be too on the nose
>says the guy who literally wrote a daredevil arc about Trayvon Martin

Apparently that's what USAgent has been doing since Dark Avengers ended.

Okay, I'll bite. How do they travel internationally when most everyone on the team has renounced the teams they were a part of? Unless it's some nonsensical shit like Vi solidifying so Cho can throw her Taopaipai-style, or does Nova just act out that river raft puzzle?

>Yes, the Champions is very much an international group. Amadeus has a ton of money, so he’s set them up with transportation that makes the Avengers Quinjet look like a ’48 Ford.

>mankind
>not womenkind
get your sexist rewriting of the holy coran out of her you cis scum
don´t you know that Mohammed was the worlds first feminist

then you should know the truth: nothing ever changes. No one has the power to change anything, even less as a young kid. But I guess Marlel needs the teenage bux (even tho the people buying this comics are already twentysomethings)

>Not
>[Unsolicited Opinions on Israel?]

So no roadtrip, or did All-New X-Men already do that? If the point of Kamala, Miles and Sam quitting the Avengers was that they were tired of collateral damage, a Superman Grounded-like scenario where they look at areas superheroics tend to ignore makes more sense.

>Cyclops turned into the worst vilain to ever walk the face of the Earth
top lel

Only the ones in Europe are like that.